GameStop sell 3 used games and get credit + 30%

TheFrugalGuy

CAG Veteran
Hi Guys,

I was in a gamestop earlier today (Union City, NJ) and someone got 200+ in store credit for 17 used xbox games. The rep in GameStop said they have a new policy in which you get an additional 30% when you sell 3 used games (any genre). He said it started today. Maybe it's to combat EBGames?

Hope my first post was good. Thanks for the great site!

That's terrible news, because I was going to GameStop tonight to take advantage of their +$10 for three games deal (they're all low-value games, so 30% ain't nothin').

[quote name='TheFrugalGuy']Hi Guys,

I was in a gamestop earlier today (Union City, NJ) and someone got 200+ in store credit for 17 used xbox games. The rep in GameStop said they have a new policy in which you get an additional 30% when you sell 3 used games (any genre). He said it started today. Maybe it's to combat EBGames?

Hope my first post was good. Thanks for the great site![/quote]

can anyone confirm this? 30% seems a little excessive.

Well, my problem at EB was that one of my games is an opened copy of Everquest Online Adventures, and it hasn't been registered, but they wouldn't take it. I had hoped that they would be more lenient at GameStop, and that I would have the chance to get the bonus money.

I think this deal is better than EB's only if you're trading in games that are worth a lot.

If you're trading in games worth $1-$10, you probably want to stick with EB.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I think this deal is better than EB's only if you're trading in games that are worth a lot.

If you're trading in games worth $1-$10, you probably want to stick with EB.[/quote]

Yeah, if your trading in newer games or ones that will fetch you lots of money, go to Gamestop. Otherwise, go to EB.

Say you have 3 $25 games:
Gamestop total amount you'd get: $97.50
Eb total amount: $85.00

3 $15 games:
Gamestop total amount: $58.50
Eb total amount: $55.00

3 $10 games:
Gamestop total amount: $39.00
Eb total amount: $40.00

So I guess if you have more than $10 for game, and you have 3, or 6, go to Gamestop. Otherwise, hit up EB.

yeah i tried the eb deal and they were only giving me like 50 cents a game, the most was like 2.50 or something, so eb is better for games that you would get nothing for. although, i went to a local hole in the wall used game store and brought in madden, ncaa football, and tiger woods 2005 for ps2, march madness and madden 2004, and march madness 2003 and got 50 bucks in trade. i got no less than 5 bucks even for the 2003 sports title for each game, so i think i would try those places if you are serious about selling.

anyone know the best place to sell project gotham 2, rallisport challenge 2, and LOTR:TTT xbox?

[quote name='jshorr']anyone know the best place to sell project gotham 2, rallisport challenge 2, and LOTR:TTT xbox?[/quote]

Probably FYE (and their chain of stores), as you'll probably get about $8 (range $7-8.50) each game. But that's provided you have everything (OG case and manual) and no major scratches on the disc. Plus, if they have multiple copies of a game you want to trade in already on the shelf, the sales associate may not take your game (that happened to me when I wanted to trade in Test Drive for the PS2).

This deal needs to be modified to read "when you apply your credit towards a PSP". You don't just get 30% on every 3 games you trade in. It HAS to go towards a PSP pre-order.

Hmmn... I've got copies of Deus Ex Invisible War and Jedi Knight 2 for XBox that I also have on PC. I can't scrape up a price list on what Gamestop/EB would take them for, anyone have an idea?

If I could trade 'em in and get $20 that'd be pretty tempting. Apart from the fact that I (Unfortunately) don't have an EB Games in my town.

tonight i dumped, these at gamestop and got 30 bucks. not to shabby if you ask me.

tony hawk 2x -xb
prince of persia -xb
warioware -gc
chappelle show dvd

Heh... If that was $30, sounds like the only place I might be able to swing $20 for those two games would be EB. Ah well.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']So the deal only works if you're putting the money towards a PSP?[/quote]

Not that I know of. The guy who got 200+ credit brought an XBox and some wireless controllers with it. The rep did not mention it had to go towards a PSP.

[quote name='nickmad'][quote name='TheFrugalGuy']Hi Guys,

Hope my first post was good. Thanks for the great site![/quote]

can anyone confirm this? 30% seems a little excessive.[/quote]

I got a call from Gamestop (about my PSP preorder) and the message claimed that the extra 30% was good ONLY if you put it towards a PSP preorder.

I just seen that 30% sign a few minutes at GS and I didn't see anything about a PSP on it. When the store opens up, I'll go and take a closer look at it.

[quote name='seanw']So does this mean the trade 3 get $10 deal is dead? Surely they wouldn't let you pick and choose the deal you wanted.[/quote]

Why would you do that if EB does trade 2 for $10?

Unless no EB is around you.

[quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='seanw']So does this mean the trade 3 get $10 deal is dead? Surely they wouldn't let you pick and choose the deal you wanted.[/quote]

Why would you do that if EB does trade 2 for $10?

Unless no EB is around you.[/quote]

I have some duplicate jampacks (I wasn't hoarding -- there were a ton) and I want to spread the wealth. Also, I have this copy of Everquest Online Adventures I want to get rid of and EB won't take it. I doubt Gamestop will either, but worth a try for $10.

If you're looking to double your money, go to your local KB stores and pick up as many copies of Metal Gear Solid 3 as you can. I picked up six copies yesterday, which had been there for over a week, for $128 and traded them in at Gamestop for $240 in credit. Can't complain about a $112 profit. :)

I forgot to mention that if you do find some copies, only pick them up in multiples of three. You'll still make some profit if you pick up non-multiples of three, but it'd be much less than what you could pocket.

[quote name='KingofGames']If you're looking to double your money, go to your local KB stores and pick up as many copies of Metal Gear Solid 3 as you can. I picked up six copies yesterday, which had been there for over a week, for $128 and traded them in at Gamestop for $240 in credit. Can't complain about a $112 profit. :)[/quote]

THANKS! I'll be sure hoard all the copies at my kay-bee too! ](*,)

theres probally a catch though. Like no sports games no games before 2003 ect

when they had Trade 3 in get 10 bucks last month ALL SPORTS games were excluded so probally this time too..

[quote name='seanw']Well, my problem at EB was that one of my games is an opened copy of Everquest Online Adventures, and it hasn't been registered, but they wouldn't take it. I had hoped that they would be more lenient at GameStop, and that I would have the chance to get the bonus money.[/quote]
On their website they state that NO OTHER GAMES besides Sports games will be excluded.

February VOM: $10 bonus trade-in for 2 non-sport PS2/XB/GC (new) Active: Now - 2/27/2005
Trade-in 2 pre-played PS2/XB/GC non-sport video games and receive $5.00 dollars bonus trade-in value for each game. Game boxes and instructions are required. No non-sport titles excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. No substitutions will be made. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Offer not valid on EBGames.com. See sales associate for complete details. No rain checks will be issued. Not valid on previous purchases. Sport themes not valid in offer: Basketball, Football, Baseball, Hockey, and Wrestling. Trade-in items must be submitted in "2"s to receive bonus dollars. Bonus will not be given to a 3rd game.

You can print that and take it.

Anyone happen to know roughly what Deus Ex Invisible War, Jedi Knight 2, GTA 3 and GTA VC (All Xbox) would ring up as there?

[quote name='munch'][quote name='KingofGames']If you're looking to double your money, go to your local KB stores and pick up as many copies of Metal Gear Solid 3 as you can. I picked up six copies yesterday, which had been there for over a week, for $128 and traded them in at Gamestop for $240 in credit. Can't complain about a $112 profit. :)[/quote]

THANKS! I'll be sure hoard all the copies at my kay-bee too! ](*,)[/quote]

kog got his account banned for not paying for 3 auctions so I am guessing he is doing this instead of that. As for hoarding, 6 copies of one game is nothing compared to the nonsense we see on cag during the cc $5 sales, the tru free games magic coupon, the $2 overstock sales etc.

I was in Gamestop yesterday, and according to the sign there are NO exclusions on this deal. I didn't ask about demo discs, but I know for a fact that sports titles ARE included this time.

I should have taken a picture of the sign for confirmation, but if someone is near a Gamestop, check the fine print at the bottom. According to the guy at the counter, all PS2, Xbox, GC and DVD's will work.

Keep in mind that 30% of nothing is still nothing, though. If they would normally give you $1.00 for an old game or DVD, then $1.30 is not really a huge improvement - but if you only have one or two quality games to trade, you can use an old sports game (or demo disc?) for the third one. Also, it is "3 or more". You don't have to trade in multiples of 3 to get the deal - you can bring in a pile of games or DVD's, and get an extra 30% on all of them...

Hope that helps...

bread's done
Back