Gamestop selling MW2 early (Myrtle Avenue in Queens NYC)

BigPoppa99

CAGiversary!
The Gamestop on Myrtle Avenue in Queens NYC is selling MW2 now. The guy said they got the ok from corporate beacuse mom and pop stores are selling them now.

This may be a YMMV or just the gamestop on myrtle jumped the gun.

I just picked up mine for PS3

I dont even think YMMV qualifies as this. This is more of a YLB (You lucky Bastard). I dont even think most gamestops have them in yet

Oh, well i was wrong on that part then, still, 99% of gamestops arent gonna release this early, unless your an employee or something and are super lucky. I used to work at the gamestop i was at earlier today, and the manager said she would let me get it at closing on monday (Which is pretty awesome)

[quote name='dgwillia006']I dont even think YMMV qualifies as this. This is more of a YLB (You lucky Bastard). I dont even think most gamestops have them in yet[/QUOTE]

YLB :rofl:

[quote name='BigPoppa99']Online is working. The servers will be reset on Midnight Monday. Some guy has 50+ hours already[/QUOTE]

Yeah, people have been playing for a few days now. Leaderboards will be reset, but progression to rank will not be. You will be playing a lot higher levels then you on launch day, but they won't be any higher on the Leaderboards, which is all I care about.

They had put up a white poster in their window. it said Modern Warfare 2 on sale now.

I got there at 6:00 and there was a line about 30 people deep in there.

Yeah, im glad they are resetting leaderboards, planning to go on a gaming spree with my clan on monday night, and seeing as 2 of them in the top 1000 of the CoD4 leaderboards, we are aiming to hit the top 500s.

And seriously, if i had a car right now, and it wasnt 9 at night, i would so drive up to new york to buy that >_>, less than a 5 hour drive from here.

You know what, screw Gamestop. I would much rather just preorder at Walmart, get the $20GC and then go up there when the game releases in two days. Its not like they are releasing it 2 weeks before the street date is supposed to be. I would much rather just get the Walmart money (practically cash) and then wait two days. I am more excited then seems possible, but I'm not stupid.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']the manager at said GS will probably be fired.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Just like the ol "we'll get fined $25,000" deal. Rarely is action even taken.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']You know what, screw Gamestop. I would much rather just preorder at Walmart, get the $20GC and then go up there when the game releases in two days. Its not like they are releasing it 2 weeks before the street date is supposed to be. I would much rather just get the Walmart money (practically cash) and then wait two days. I am more excited then seems possible, but I'm not stupid.[/QUOTE]

Or you could buy it at GameStop for $60 and play it. Two days later, buy it at Walmart and get the $20 gift card. Then take that unopened Walmart copy and return to GameStop with the $60 receipt.

Getting to play it early on a Sunday afternoon is worth the hassle to me.

[quote name='Kendro']Or you could buy it at GameStop for $60 and play it. Two days later, buy it at Walmart and get the $20 gift card. Then take that unopened Walmart copy and return to GameStop with the $60 receipt.[/QUOTE]

Genius. What other fine ideas do you have to spread to the world?

I was just thinking It might have to do with the piracy guy they caught that was selling the image/360 mod on craigslist (i read about it on eca newsletter). They said it is online and being downloaded like crazy. Just a way to assure the sale before someone with a pirated copy rethinks and doesn't buy. I remember when streetfight for the snes street date was broke it was just to much pressure not to just sell..

Called every GS in Staten Island and they aren't doing this. The one in the OP is 30 minutes away so an hour drive roundtrip is not worth it to me. A shame the ones around me aren't selling early...

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']:rofl: Just like the ol "we'll get fined $25,000" deal. Rarely is action even taken.[/QUOTE]

it's different when it's only 1 store.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']So that is why everyone on Earth is getting it early. Lord if I had money I would get it now.[/QUOTE]
but you look like such a playa.

Damn, I wish Amazon would have made some kind of "mistake" and shipped my copy out like a week ago... shame these kinds of things never happen.

GS is more than likely releasing it early because they didn't have any deals besides a crappy sweepstakes (and a poster???) with the game and had lower than expected pre-orders at those particular locations. All the other stores are given out GCs and better savings. They probably decided they'll deal with the publishers or corporate on this matter later.

Has anyone who picked up their copy early from GS a midnight release (Monday) location?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']GS is more than likely releasing it early because they didn't have any deals besides a crappy sweepstakes (and a poster???) with the game and had lower than expected pre-orders. All the other stores are given out GCs and better savings. They probably decided they'll deal with the publishers on this matter later.[/QUOTE]

Wait...there was a poster? I didnt get no damn poster for pre-ordering.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']GS is more than likely releasing it early because they didn't have any deals besides a crappy sweepstakes (and a poster???) with the game and had lower than expected pre-orders. All the other stores are given out GCs and better savings. They probably decided they'll deal with the publishers on this matter later.[/QUOTE]

Modern warfare is there most preordered game ever.. According to Gamestops press release this week on gamespot.

I called my gamestop also and they said they heard about the early sales but had checked in and were told not to sell it.

I was at the Independence Center location in KCMO, and just for giggles, I asked. The guy (Kevin? Brian?) said sure, reached under the counter and rung me up. I declined b/c I bought mine from Amazon, and I will never support Gamestop's business.

They were holding the preorders. They had case of the game behind the counters. Some people who had preorders were called today that they can come in to pick it up.

[quote name='iambeaker']I was at the Independence Center location in KCMO, and just for giggles, I asked. The guy (Kevin? Brian?) said sure, reached under the counter and rung me up. I declined b/c I bought mine from Amazon, and I will never support Gamestop's business.[/QUOTE]

So you where in the store why?

[quote name='falcondealz']I called three of my Gamestops (in Northern NJ). None had it. :([/QUOTE]

Really? I live in Northern NJ as well and 3 of the GameStops in my area have it, 1 is selling it.
I haven't bought it yet because of the TRU deal.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']It would be sad if the stores selling it early are selling the pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it man. Every GameStop has to be getting an ABSURD amount of copies. People were able to walk in on Halo 3 release day and pick up a copy and I'm sure the MW2 launch will be bigger than that.

Looks like this thing (early release) is becoming regionalized, so something's up. GS is pretty good about not breaking street date. Probably would tell you no if you call, but if you just happen go in and ask.....

Once again, has anyone gotten their copy early from a Midnight Release location (which could explain a lot)?

[quote name='CarreraGT']Really? I live in Northern NJ as well and 3 of the GameStops in my area have it, 1 is selling it.
I haven't bought it yet because of the TRU deal.[/QUOTE]

DUDE! Tell me which one is selling it!

Kinnelon, Clifton, Willowbrook!? Tell me!

...Please!

[quote name='SEH']Wait...there was a poster? I didnt get no damn poster for pre-ordering.[/QUOTE]

The poster was limited to the first 200,000 preorders.

I wonder how many others are selling it early.

If you missed the posters, GameCrazy got them in... about 20-30 per store. They just came in this past week. They're supposed to be held for the midnight launch and given away then, but I gave some out to my preorders.

bread's done
Back