Gamestop: Small price drops on some used GC games

V878

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just noticed on Gamestop.com today some used game prices have gone down for Gamecube. Few games I saw:

Metroid Prime: $4.99 (old price: $7.99)

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker: $12.99 (old price: $14.99)

Super Mario Sunshine: $14.99 (old price: $17.99)

Use coupon code on Gamestop.com for additional 25% off all used games: AFF25

Don't know if these prices are also in at B&M stores but if so, go to this thread for the 10% off coupon.

Not much savings but for whatever reason Nintendo doesn't print new copies of any of these games so not a bad option if you still need these top Gamecube games.

Any price shown on the site is the price for in-store as well.

You're better off getting them in-store, since the site doesn't guarantee crap.

damn I still have my original Zelda WW it first came out. Its crazy that they still want $15 for Mario Sunshine game should be $10 by now.

Not to thread crap. But I use to always buy from GS but not anymore. Thier used prices (which are ridiculously high) combined with the amount of scratched used games, its just not worth buying anything used from them.

I miss the old days when Gamestop was a fun place to shop.

[quote name='dsullo']Not to thread crap. But I use to always buy from GS but not anymore. Thier used prices (which are ridiculously high) combined with the amount of scratched used games, its just not worth buying anything used from them.

I miss the old days when Gamestop was a fun place to shop.[/quote]
b2g1f and trade ins are your friends

[quote name='dsullo']Not to thread crap. But I use to always buy from GS but not anymore. Thier used prices (which are ridiculously high) combined with the amount of scratched used games, its just not worth buying anything used from them.

I can't help but agree. I have $300 in Gamestop credit that I am trying to sell because I don't want to buy much more there. :cold:

So far I've had good luck with used games and accessories from Gamestop (all in-store - I've never bought used from them online) and good deals can be had on older, less in demand games, especially with the eternal 10% off coupon, $2 Edge card 10% (so, eternal 20% off), and during deals such as buy 2 get 1 free.

So if you could get the Edge + the 10% Coupon to stack are these the prices we're talking bout before local tax???

$12.99
- $1.29
= $11.69
-$1.17
=$10.52

And

$14.99
- $1.49
= $13.49
-$1.35
=$12.14

If so that'd be nice... I just got a GCN last month and am starting to build a collection. I'd love to get Sunshine but told myself only once it dipped to $10

So both of these games after 10% Coupon + Edge + 1% Discover Cash back and 8.517% Oklahoma sales tax would = $24.35

Hmmmmmm

[quote name='V878']Not much savings but for whatever reason Nintendo doesn't print new copies of any of these games so not a bad option if you still need these top Gamecube games.[/QUOTE]

They aren't producing anything for Game Cube at this point. Whatever is available is all left over old stock from stuff that was made before Wii came out.

[quote name='Mike 01Hawk']Here are all the GCN Price drops btw:
http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?N=146+73 [/quote]

Lol @ Double Dash's drop. I seriously want to know who is buying this game at that price? The only thing I can think of for such an inflation is that they just don't have as many copies in stock as they'd like....

Edit: Actually they probably have more copies than they'd like. Most store near me have 4+ according to the locator...

[quote name='Chronis']The only thing I can think of for such an inflation is that they just don't have as many copies in stock as they'd like....[/quote] It's their policy. Sequel for a big name game coming? Raise the price on it before the sequel comes out.

Happened with Paper Mario: TTYD and Metroid Prime 2.

[quote name='Doomed']Metroid Prime was 4.99 before GS raised the prices on like all of their GC games. :roll:[/quote]

That's right! I paid $4.99 for it last year.

I agree with their high prices and pathetic scratches on discs along with having a bunch of stickers on the case.

I never step foot in those stores unless absolutely necessary. Very rarely they will have a good sale or rare game. Like on Black Friday they were selling Morrowind GOTY new for $10 and last week they had Obscure for the PS2 complete with hardly any scratches for $18.

[quote name='freshzen']They aren't producing anything for Game Cube at this point. Whatever is available is all left over old stock from stuff that was made before Wii came out.[/quote]

You're forgetting Twilight Princess.

[quote name='mogamer']That's right! I paid $4.99 for it last year.[/quote]

I think Metroid Prime 1 and 2 went up $2 - $6 (for MP2) when Corruption was released this summer.

[quote name='Chronis']Lol @ Double Dash's drop. I seriously want to know who is buying this game at that price? The only thing I can think of for such an inflation is that they just don't have as many copies in stock as they'd like....

Edit: Actually they probably have more copies than they'd like. Most store near me have 4+ according to the locator...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, nice price drop for that one. It'a still $5 more than the new price everywhere else. And I still see it new almost everywhere else (so it's not like it's hard to find).

I'm new here this is my fisrt post, I hate EB so here I go.lol. EB bought out the competition, and jacked their prices. There is a new store that is starting up called Disk Replay. It is based out of Chicago, and sells all systems from Atari 2600 - PS3/360/Wii. Their prices are dirt cheap. I picked up RE 2(PS1), RE 3(PS1), Legend of Dragoon(PS1), Final Fantasy 9(PS1), Sonic Shuffle(DC), And Hylidie(SAT) for only $33 yestereday. I think that once they go nation wide in a year or so(they have pretty much taken over most of the big towns in Ill, and IN) EB will be forced to buy them out like they did all the other competition, or drop prices. Disk Replay already has used Wii and 360 games for 12.99, EB isnt close on that, last I saw their lowest used 360 game was 24.99. Its sad that they havent been viewed as a monopoly. Besides Blockbuster Video, and Hollywood/Movie Galery, they have no competition. They give little to no trade value either. A guy from EGM spent $100 there and then traded it all back in and got about $14 for his $100. CRAZY!!!!

[quote name='Sinnbox']Disk Replay already has used Wii and 360 games for 12.99, EB isnt close on that, last I saw their lowest used 360 game was 24.99. [/QUOTE]

Ummm, EB has a ton of used 360 games for under $24.99 (73 are listed on their website). I am by no means an EB supporter but get your facts straight before bashing them.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Disk Replay spam - EB haterade - blah blah blah[/quote]
In case you haven't been keeping up on current events pal*, EB merged with Gamestop over two years ago. And I'm pretty sure all the stores have finished with their rebranding.

Anyways the other store most likely isn't on the GS radar as it looks like they deal with everything and are more akin to a mom and pop operation. I have some local stores here that carry everything.

*watched Aliens last night wanted to steal a quote, nothing personal :mrgreen:

[quote name='Josef']Ummm, EB has a ton of used 360 games for under $24.99 (73 are listed on their website). I am by no means an EB supporter but get your facts straight before bashing them.[/quote]
And some of those games are GOOD too! They're not all discounted crap no one wanted. :D

bread's done
Back