Gamestop Steal of the Week (PUR) is $15 off Used Game for 10,000

[quote name='cancerman1120']Steal of the Week is $15 off used game for 10,000. Normally it is 12,000 so it could save you a bit. Might get U3 for $2.09.

https://www.poweruprewards.com/Home/Index[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be 2.09. It would be (18.99 - 15) * .9 = $3.59
I thought the same way as you before I used one of there powerup coupons.

[quote name='whatup5']It wouldn't be 2.09. It would be (18.99 - 15) * .9 = $3.59
I thought the same way as you before I used one of there powerup coupons.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh...thanks! Did not know they take the 10% after coupon. BBY does it the other way.

[quote name='209chromatic']Do PUR points expire?[/QUOTE]

I was told they will not expire as long as you are a member. I was also told you have a month to renew an expired membership before they are lost.

[quote name='KneeKnee']I was told they will not expire as long as you are a member. I was also told you have a month to renew an expired membership before they are lost.[/QUOTE]

not totally true ^ As long as you shop at gamestop at least ONCE a year, your points will not expire. Even if you do not renew the card, they will not expire as long as you shop there
(current gamestop employee)

So I'm curious. How do you guys have so many points? Trade ins or purchases?

I honestly rarely shop at GameStop, nothing against them they are fine but i usually price match else where.

Plus these steals of the week aren't exactly steals to me, are they for you guys?
I guess it seems like it since I don't haves my points to use.

Currently have 38,000 points and I harldy ever shop at GameStop. Does GameStop throwaway the 3ds cases like they do the NDS cases? I'm thinking getting kingdom hearts, or maybe Mario kart 7.

[quote name='hereon']So I'm curious. How do you guys have so many points? Trade ins or purchases?

I honestly rarely shop at GameStop, nothing against them they are fine but i usually price match else where.

Plus these steals of the week aren't exactly steals to me, are they for you guys?
I guess it seems like it since I don't haves my points to use.[/QUOTE]

I do some trades but mostly purchases. Every retailer sucks but gives you deals and that's when I shop at gamestop.When a game costs $10 on PSN and is $4.99 used at gamestop I don't care what most cags say, it's a good deal for me.

I have like 68k points right now. Can't really decide how to use them. Really wish the xbl and psn cards were digital dls and not coupons you still have to take to the store, though.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Currently have 38,000 points and I harldy ever shop at GameStop. Does GameStop throw tpaway the 3ds cases like they do the NDS cases? I'm thinking getting kingdom hearts, or maybe Mario kart 7.[/QUOTE]

depends on the store but the company directive is to throw away cases if they have no display room.

It's certainly depends on the store, but all of the gamestop stores in Vegas that I've been to all keep DS/3DS cases if they come with them, otherwise they toss them into the GBA case, which is why I'm always amazed that it's supposedly the norm.

Anyways, the only thing I really wanted was KH: RE:CoM but the the only store that has it is pretty far. I might as well save my 11k points. I used my points to get the Metal Gear Solid shirt last time, it's pretty nifty!

Don't know about points, but the trade credit in your PUR account expires in 15 years, that's what the employee told me.

I dunno.... after the $10 off coupon (on used games $19.99+) for 2000 points deal, I've been waiting for a deal as awesome or awesomer than that.

You can download the coupon to the phone and then show them at store or write the coupon code to a piece of paper and give it to them. They can type the coupon code and it works fine in store.

[quote name='Oxyric']You can download the coupon to the phone and then show them at store or write the coupon code to a piece of paper and give it to them. They can type the coupon code and it works fine in store.[/QUOTE]

Writing stuff down. That's old school. I like that.

Isnt that just saving $2? You get $20 points cards for ~20k points so I've been using 1,000 = $1

There was a really good one a while back that was 4k points for $10 off. I wonder if I should wait for that one to cycle around.

Mine expired on Thursday last week. I received one email a week in advance warning me but I forgot until this weekend when it was too late. When I emailed customer service they replied with a stock statement that points expire after 12 months. Interestingly enough, my Pro membership only just expired in April.

It's a weird policy. As I pointed out to them the PUR points were an incentive to come back to Gamestop. Now that they're gone, I might as well go try out someone else like Amazon and Best Buy. It's not like it cost them any money to keep those points in my account.

[quote name='spencerafg']Mine expired on Thursday last week. I received one email a week in advance warning me but I forgot until this weekend when it was too late. When I emailed customer service they replied with a stock statement that points expire after 12 months. Interestingly enough, my Pro membership only just expired in April.

.[/QUOTE]

That sucks man. I had me and my wife's frequent flyer miles expire for american airlines and we had enough for 2 round trips in the US. FAQs said I could buy back the miles for x cents per mile. It would have cost as much as just buyin gthe tickets.

[quote name='hereon']So I'm curious. How do you guys have so many points? Trade ins or purchases?

I guess it seems like it since I don't haves my points to use.[/QUOTE]

Well I work at GameStop and buy everything for people in my family so I collect points like crazy. I'm sitting at 99,114 points :lol:
Also the steals usually do suck I almost never use them lol

bread's done
Back