Gamestop sucks monkey balls, holding VP for someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Virtua

Gamestop here in brookfield, WI has been showing valkyrie profile in stock for about 3 weeks, every time i call they say it's a glitch and they don't have it. I call BS, cause when things get sold it updates on the website within at least 3 days. I asked who they're holding it for but i just get the typical runaround. Any suggestions?

Um, sometimes store level inventory shows a game that truly is not in the store - that is why corporate usually hosts quarterly inventory counts to resolve such issues.

Just saying they may not be lying outright.

lol about the magazine rack. it doesn't bug me that much but i know other people who've had problems with this gamestop holding things for employees and friends. Or for ebaying, when im just trying to fill a gaping hole in my psone rpg collection.

There's really no point of this thread, just wanting to vent frustration. A friend might be selling me his VP soon anyway.

Find a better game to obsess over, Valkyrie Profile sucked balls. I bought it when it first came out, and returned it to Wal Mart the same day. Yes, Wal Mart took it back. Ahhh, I miss the 90's.

Or, you could just go down there and look for yourself. If it isn't there, say you have it on hold and want to pick it up, and when they ask for your name, say ".......I don't know." and then run out the door laughing like a madman.

it could be an inventory glitch, but it could also be on hold... if you really really want to be mean ask to speak with the manager, and then ask to look in the empoyee hold drawer (they have to let you look at it), if they dont let you then ask to get for the district managers phone number (they have to give it you) and if they dont ask for their store number and email or call corporate

Yea Just Call Up The District Manager And They Will Have To Sell It To You And If They Say No Make A Big Stink.then Just Tell Them Ur Gonna Get In Contact With There Corporat Hq And Trust Me They Will Sell It To You I Use To Work For The Company And Dealt With That A Few Times.

The one in the Mini mall across for Compusa? Those guys screwed me over when I bought Steel Batalion and didnt bother to tell me no it had no instructions. No refunds they told me.

[quote name='iheartmetal']it could be an inventory glitch, but it could also be on hold... if you really really want to be mean ask to speak with the manager, and then ask to look in the empoyee hold drawer (they have to let you look at it), if they dont let you then ask to get for the district managers phone number (they have to give it you) and if they dont ask for their store number and email or call corporate[/QUOTE]

Why exactly do they have to let you look in the employee hold drawer?

Ooooooooooo you're dangerously close to where I come from (even though I'm not there now).

The Gamestop at Brookfield Square is absolute trash.

I have nothing of importance to add. I just live in the area when I'm not at school.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Why exactly do they have to let you look in the employee hold drawer?[/QUOTE]

because iheartmetal said so.

They can't hold things for more than 3 days, I believe. Although I know a lot of people do. That's why you can ask them to check the employee hold box.

[quote name='jer7583']Gamestop here in brookfield, WI has been showing valkyrie profile in stock for about 3 weeks, every time i call they say it's a glitch and they don't have it. I call BS, cause when things get sold it updates on the website within at least 3 days. I asked who they're holding it for but i just get the typical runaround. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

same thing happened to me a copy of vp showed up at a store near me but when i called the guy told me taht they didnt have it...but i would suggest going to the store and ask them if they have the game, they would have no choice but to look for it even.

Probably just me, but I thought you had proof that they were holding it for someone. I know GS could be keeping it for themselves and all, but you actually check there? I wouldn't think calling them be a bright idea. Of course if you're far a trip would be a waste to.

I'd say visit them and bring a hot chick with you. Just kidding. But really go and visit. Ha it's true they also update their site somewhat I remember looking up for Puzzle Fighter then the next day it was gone.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']because iheartmetal said so.[/QUOTE]

yeah... actually employees arent allowed to hold something if its the last copy

[quote name='jer7583']Gamestop here in brookfield, WI has been showing valkyrie profile in stock for about 3 weeks, every time i call they say it's a glitch and they don't have it. I call BS, cause when things get sold it updates on the website within at least 3 days. I asked who they're holding it for but i just get the typical runaround. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

We're holding it for a girl who visited from Chicago and is coming back.

You drive 2 hours here for a game, find out that the game is there, discover you're short a few bucks, and see how you feel. We're not jackasses at that store.

She calls all the time to check if we're still holding it for her.

Granted, I wouldn't be surprised if she gives up on it, especially because the Gamestop down in Chicago are a bitch to work with. Taking forever to ship it there.

Also, the VP discs aren't super purdy. They look refurbed. And VP isn't that good. At all. Better games to be had!

And to the guy that got 'fucked' by us with Steel Battalion. That must've been awhile ago, with a previous manager. Probably 'John', and his stealing of thousands of dollars of shit from our store.

The current staff would've did something for you. Especially if it was used.

[quote name='Jeoff']Ooooooooooo you're dangerously close to where I come from (even though I'm not there now).

The Gamestop at Brookfield Square is absolute trash.

I have nothing of importance to add. I just live in the area when I'm not at school.[/QUOTE]

No this is the one by old country buffet and half price books. not in a mall

At least that's understandable.

I'd get pissed if I drove 3 hours (although in my case, it'd be more like 5, because Texas is ginormous) to get a game and it was gone.

[quote name='grayfox']We're holding it for a girl who visited from Chicago and is coming back.

You drive 2 hours here for a game, find out that the game is there, discover you're short a few bucks, and see how you feel. We're not jackasses at that store.

She calls all the time to check if we're still holding it for her.

Granted, I wouldn't be surprised if she gives up on it, especially because the Gamestop down in Chicago are a bitch to work with. Taking forever to ship it there.

Also, the VP discs aren't super purdy. They look refurbed. And VP isn't that good. At all. Better games to be had!

And to the guy that got 'fucked' by us with Steel Battalion. That must've been awhile ago, with a previous manager. Probably 'John', and his stealing of thousands of dollars of shit from our store.

The current staff would've did something for you. Especially if it was used.[/QUOTE]

Are you one of the retards that work at that store? you guys will tell anyone anything (regardless of truth) to get a pre-order. Only reason i stop by occasionally is because you get a lotta trades from rich brookfield kids. I wish your store would get blown up.

[quote name='shipwreck']Threaten to knock over their magazine rack.[/QUOTE]

Man, that bring's back memories.

[quote name='jer7583']Are you one of the retards that work at that store? you guys will tell anyone anything (regardless of truth) to get a pre-order. Only reason i stop by occasionally is because you get a lotta trades from rich brookfield kids. I wish your store would get blown up.[/QUOTE]

Haha, we don't lie. Sometimes some guys get excited about stuff and might say something wrong. But we don't lie to get reserves.

We don't lie. I don't lie. The only thing, if anything, that might get people pissed off is the way we hate Sony. We hate how we get 5 broken PS2 systems a day. We don't like Sony. We appeal to the Nintendo.. Sega.. Konami..Capcom gamers.

We're not the Madden, Grand Theft Auto store.

Maybe that's why we're number 1, in the fucking number 1 region in the US. Oh shit son. I just went there.

Is it OK to like Sony only because they have all the good RPGs? Just a hypothesis.

Wow on the numbers, by the way. I'm surprised that y'all are bigger than parts of California region-wise.

[quote name='Zakman86']Is it OK to like Sony only because they have all the good RPGs? Just a hypothesis.

Wow on the numbers, by the way. I'm surprised that y'all are bigger than parts of California region-wise.[/QUOTE]

heh, not saying we absolutely hate Sony. I like the system, in the sense that it gets a huge amount of games. But, I get sick of having to deal with broken PS2's, dealing with people in the store ranting and raving about how their PS2 won't play Lego Star Wars, blah blah.

I don't 'pick' systems. I buy games for all of them. Which system do I have the most games for? PS2. Fantastic selection of RPG's, shooters, Action games, etc.

[quote name='grayfox']heh, not saying we absolutely hate Sony. I like the system, in the sense that it gets a huge amount of games. But, I get sick of having to deal with broken PS2's, dealing with people in the store ranting and raving about how their PS2 won't play Lego Star Wars, blah blah.

I don't 'pick' systems. I buy games for all of them. Which system do I have the most games for? PS2. Fantastic selection of RPG's, shooters, Action games, etc.[/QUOTE]

xbox usually has better multiplayer games.. i love multiplayer games.. but my nearest Gamestops (about 50-70 miles away) are pretty good.. found a lot of cool N64 games and a lot of cool PS1 games bought my complete Lunar SSS from them (years ago mind you ) for 40 bucks

[quote name='Zakman86']Is it OK to like Sony only because they have all the good RPGs? Just a hypothesis.

Wow on the numbers, by the way. I'm surprised that y'all are bigger than parts of California region-wise.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if i'd say Sony has 'all the good RPGs" .. I loved KOTOR 1 and 2.. and Paper mario was by far better then a lot of PS2 RPGs.. now if quanity = "all the good" then ok i'll give it to Sony.. but IMHO SNES has better RPGs and the PSX has better RPGs then the PS2. (Kingdom Hearts blew).. but.. a lot of games have the "RPG" flavor now. so its hard to say.. I would go as far as saying GTA is an RPG. which are not all exclusive to the PS2.

I also enjoyed Fable and Jade Empire.. and the Xmen RPGs were on both and the xbox versions better graphics faster Load time.

My local GameStop has done that to me with Lunar 2....but it was for an employee that could not buy it until he got paid (in 2 weeks).

jer7583, i work at the EB by fudds. if you want call there tomorrow and ill look to see what EB in our state has it.

[quote name='birdman']jer7583, i work at the EB by fudds. if you want call there tomorrow and ill look to see what EB in our state has it.[/QUOTE]

Nice. That's the best EB in the state. I swear. Your manager, and the female, I can't remember her name, seem like great employees.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Go in there dressed as mario AND JUMP ON SOME MOTHERfuckIN HEADS[/QUOTE]
^Nuff said.

[quote name='birdman']jer7583, i work at the EB by fudds. if you want call there tomorrow and ill look to see what EB in our state has it.[/QUOTE]

your store's awesome, you need to steal some of that brookfield business from gamestop, it'd help you get more used inventory. Your employees have been awesome. And to the gamestop guy, im not going to kiss and make up, you guys get business because you dupe people who don't know about games into thinking every game that comes out is the best game ever made. Every time i'm in there I hear about how great every single game that anybody asks about is.

I work at a gamecrazy and i make it my job to help people get a game they will enjoy and will be worth their money. When someone brings a bad game up to me to buy cause they like the name of the game, I will insist that they play it for at least 5 min. None of my customers can claim that I sold them a bad game without letting them know about it first.

I think its pretty common for gaming retail employees to hate sony. Dealing with broken ps2 returns, ps2s that wont read certain games so people want a refund, trying to fix broken ps2s, telling people they can't trade in their ps2 cause it's broken, all that will drive you nuts. I get so many people who want to return blue bottom ps2 games because "it can't be my system" even though it works perfectly in our systems. I do enjoy those NIS rpgs and PSOne games though.

Get over it.

wambulance6ky.gif

[quote name='jer7583']your store's awesome, you need to steal some of that brookfield business from gamestop, it'd help you get more used inventory. Your employees have been awesome. And to the gamestop guy, im not going to kiss and make up, you guys get business because you dupe people who don't know about games into thinking every game that comes out is the best game ever made. Every time i'm in there I hear about how great every single game that anybody asks about is.

I work at a gamecrazy and i make it my job to help people get a game they will enjoy and will be worth their money. When someone brings a bad game up to me to buy cause they like the name of the game, I will insist that they play it for at least 5 min. None of my customers can claim that I sold them a bad game without letting them know about it first.[/QUOTE]

I had a huge response, but whatever.

Here's my question.

How often do you get people a PSP, Burnout Legends, Ridge Racer, 128 MB Brand new Mem card, USB cable, and a Game Informer Subscription for $280?

Without breaking rules mind you.

Do you treat customers that good?

I do.

And if that's an example.. of lying.. and duping, then holy crap, I shouldn't be working retail.

Btw, gizmogc, your sig looks familar, you on DP?

I still have my "fat" PS2 from over 3 years ago, and it hasn't had a single DRE, or any problems at all for that matter. I like to do a little thing called, TAKING CARE OF IT. Don't put heavy things on top of it, don't throw your controller down, or 'accidentally' drop it, and then expect it to work. My PS2 is in mint condition, and I've had it for 3 years. Learn how to take care of things people. It cost me $200 for it, why would I not take care of it?! $200 is a lot of money!

[quote name='aoLat']I still have my "fat" PS2 from over 3 years ago, and it hasn't had a single DRE, or any problems at all for that matter. I like to do a little thing called, TAKING CARE OF IT. Don't put heavy things on top of it, don't throw your controller down, or 'accidentally' drop it, and then expect it to work. My PS2 is in mint condition, and I've had it for 3 years. Learn how to take care of things people. It cost me $200 for it, why would I not take care of it?! $200 is a lot of money![/QUOTE]

Yeah, my launch PS2 is just fine. But see, most people don't take care of anything they own, and they wonder why its broken.

I've seen PS2's with complete chunks of the system missing, and the guys claimed it worked.

[quote name='grayfox']Nice. That's the best EB in the state. I swear. Your manager, and the female, I can't remember her name, seem like great employees.[/QUOTE]

Seem like, man we are...lol j/k. We have people that come from the eastside to the southside that perfer our store over other EBs. We know our stuff and we are not afraid to tell you if a game sucks or not. We also give our regulars a heads up on deals that our coming out. As for the Gamestop. The one in the shopping center has a cool manager, Ive met him and even sold him an edge card :bouncy:. As for the other employees, ive heard they are sometimes shady and dont talk to their customers. The brookfield Gamestop dont care about their employees, they just want your damn money. Im so happy the merger is complete, now the company can start filtering out the trash and promote the good.

[quote name='birdman']Seem like, man we are...lol j/k. We have people that come from the eastside to the southside that perfer our store over other EBs. We know our stuff and we are not afraid to tell you if a game sucks or not. We also give our regulars a heads up on deals that our coming out. As for the Gamestop. The one in the shopping center has a cool manager, Ive met him and even sold him an edge card :bouncy:. As for the other employees, ive heard they are sometimes shady and dont talk to their customers. The brookfield Gamestop dont care about their employees, they just want your damn money. Im so happy the merger is complete, now the company can start filtering out the trash and promote the good.[/QUOTE]

Our manager rocks, great guy. I've seen him melt faces with his powers.

Anyways, if you're talking about the Brookfield MALL store, then hell, that store blows balls. Shady, to the max. Granted, I do like the manager there. But our store doesn't have any shady people, except for the new holiday help. They're weiners, but, that's normal for holiday help.

Btw Bird, you the manager there then? haha, if so, you'd recognize me then.

[quote name='grayfox']Our manager rocks, great guy. Seems like a, a very, not-heterosexual guy at first, but he is. Crazy.

Anyways, if you're talking about the Brookfield MALL store, then hell, that store blows balls. Shady, to the max. But our store doesn't have any shady people, except for the new holiday help. They're weiners, but, that's normal for holiday help.

Btw Bird, you the manager there then? haha, if so, you'd recognize me then.[/QUOTE]

im not the manager, ill just say that

[quote name='birdman']im not the manager, ill just say that[/QUOTE]

Alright, just wondering, because your manager is a good guy. During the summer, he kept me up to date on the Genesis games that went through there.

[quote name='aoLat']I still have my "fat" PS2 from over 3 years ago, and it hasn't had a single DRE, or any problems at all for that matter. I like to do a little thing called, TAKING CARE OF IT. Don't put heavy things on top of it, don't throw your controller down, or 'accidentally' drop it, and then expect it to work. My PS2 is in mint condition, and I've had it for 3 years. Learn how to take care of things people. It cost me $200 for it, why would I not take care of it?! $200 is a lot of money![/QUOTE]

Some of us do take care of our stuff, and it still happens. I got mine used. Since I had it, I kept it in awesome condition; I don't even have to worry about pulling it by the controller since I play with wireless.

That's why I was mad when mine died. It stopped playing PS1 games, period. I still could have kept it; only problem would have been that half my collection would have been useless.

That's why I turned mine in as Broken to EB and got a Slimline.

my ps2 broke and my systems are dealt with like babies. all they do is sit there, never even get so much as nudged. my xbox? fine. cube? fine. ps2? DRE, sent it in for repair and gave it to my brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back