Gamestop "The Deal" - Rock Revolution $4.99

[quote name='Cmosfm']No, but what I'm saying is that if you once you're done and bored with RB/GH this is another alternative if you love the music game genre. Now no, I'd never, ever, in a million years...EVER...recommend getting this OVER RB/GH, but if you're done with those and want another music game to play I'd say pick this up for 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I picked this up because I enjoyed RB/GH so much, but playing this game was literally painful. The straight vertical drop of the notes gave me eye strain and a serious headache. Maybe I'm just too used to the scrolling highway, but this game was nearly unplayable for me.

I got this game for free when doing a cheap game haul on one of the B2G1 used for PS3 deals and felt ripped off.

This game is far from good, but it still is not nearly as bad as it is made out to be. I actually kind of enjoyed it. Yes it has lousy cover songs and the notes scroll top to bottom, but I still didn't find it to be bad. For 5 bucks it is worth a purchase for people that are into rhythm games. Just know that going in this game is nothing like RB/GH if you enjoyed Guitar Freaks then you'll feel right at home with this.

[quote name='Jauron']I hope everyone who made this game got fired, then hired back just to be fired again.

When you are this late to the party (all the GH and RB games out) and get it this wrong something is very very wrong with you.[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but they invented the genre in the first place.

Pretty funny that they have this as "The Deal," but can you really blame them? This appears to be one of those games that simply is gonna hang around inventories for a long time. Even though it obviously blows, I'm sure Konami still thought they could move a lot of these, and they didn't. So, people are pretty desperate to dump them.

Anyway, for $5, I don't see how you could go wrong. Either, you find something redeeming about it and get a hour or two of enjoyment out of it. Or, it is so truly awful that you'll get a few laughs from it.

bread's done
Back