Gamestop tiered trade begins Mon 10/26 up to 50% with edge card

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Tiered trade begins monday for at least 3 weeks.

trade 2/20% with GI 30%
trade 4/30% with GI 40%
trade 6/40% with GI 50%

Possible flipping oppurtunity with Best Buy deal this week. Def look for buy 2 get 1 used this weekend with the Best buy deal and last week of thier financial quarter. Sales are wayyyyy down.

[quote name='arcurifisher']Yes edge = GI Game Informer, also bonus 25 on wii, 360, and ps3 systems starts.[/QUOTE]

bonus 25 dollars im guessing? Bonus 25% would make this a dream come true.

I don't know about the flipping opportunity...I believe the highest GS is giving right now is $30 for ODST; even with a 50% bump that's $45. Three copies of ODST at $59.99x2 (1 would be free) would be right at $120, so with sales tax, you're damn close to $45/ea. right there. Good if you want to turn your cash into Gamestop fun money...not so good for flipping.

Also, people, realize that if a game's TIV is less than about $10, you're bettter off going with the current 4/$20 deal (assuming you can rustle up 3 more games).

[quote name='sgaldis']

Also, people, realize that if a game's TIV is less than about $10, you're bettter off going with the current 4/$20 deal (assuming you can rustle up 3 more games).[/QUOTE]

Yes indeed. That deal is better if you're trading in low value games. This one is best if you're getting rid of a lot of high value games, you can get $37.50-$45 for new/recent releases.
The only way I can see this working as a flipfest is if Blockbuster runs a B1G1 at the same time.

Do you think this is a better deal than the trade in 4, get $20? I planned on trading in:

-Full Auto $5.25
-Star Wars: Complete Saga $6.50
-Halo 3 $15
-LoTR: BFME $5.25

I would make $52 this way.

If I tac on two more games I guess it would be a better deal?

Eh.

B2G1 at Gamestop would mean:

$55 for ODST x 2 = $110

Assume 10% tax (worst-case)

$121.

Flip for $45 each (total of 3 copies)

$135.

$14 profit. Not that awesome.

[quote name='dinovelvet']The only way I can see this working as a flipfest is if Blockbuster runs a B1G1 at the same time.[/QUOTE]
Even if this happens the current promo would be better. There aren't very many high value games marked 14.99 or less at BBV.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Do you think this is a better deal than the trade in 4, get $20? I planned on trading in:

-Full Auto $5.25
-Star Wars: Complete Saga $6.50
-Halo 3 $15
-LoTR: BFME $5.25

I would make $52 this way.

If I tac on two more games I guess it would be a better deal?[/QUOTE]

Only if they're games that get $25 or $30 TIV before bonuses. You'd only be getting approx. $7.62 for Full Auto and LOTR whereas you'd get $10.77 for them now under the current deal. (assuming you have an edge card)

Yeah if your game is worth less then $13 go for the promo now if you can. If over $13 wait till Monday.

[quote name='Vap']Yeah if your game is worth less then $13 go for the promo now if you can. If over $13 wait till Monday.[/QUOTE]

What happens if it's over $13 now and then drops to 11 or 10 on Monday when the new promo kicks in? That happened to me with Ghostbusters, picked it up for 16 at 7-11 clearance when the trade in was 25 at BBV so I planned on PM at GC but waited one day to do the trade, the next day the sale price dropped and the trade in dropped to only 19. BAD DEAL! Trade it now, especially if you don't have other games to go with.

[quote name='kart007k']What is this tired trade in? Does any 1 have any proof?[/QUOTE]

I posted this this afternoon in the GS TIV thread. I saw the book, it's confirmed. Not sure about the 3 weeks, but I saw the posting. Any game value. Any game system except PS2.

[quote name='daminion']I posted this this afternoon in the GS TIV thread. I saw the book, it's confirmed. Not sure about the 3 weeks, but I saw the posting. Any game value. Any game system except PS2.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm that PS2 games no longer qualify for the tiered trade in?

The flip could work well if, like me, you just want a cheap copy of Forza 3 and nothing else that's out right now. Spend $120 on Forza 3 and two copies of games you trade back for $40 and that's a $40 copy of forza plus $80 in GS credit towards something else in the future (probably L4D2 and Boy and his Blob) for $120. Not the worst deal ever, and better than I could work it at best buy.

Or even better amazon two of your B2G1's for $50ish apeice on amazon and you get a $20 new release.. Ideally.

You can't trade in more than 2+ copies of the same game at Gamestop. They won't allow it atleast at my local stores by me. They claim it's "because of high theft in the area"...LMAO!!!

[quote name='sgaldis']I don't know about the flipping opportunity...I believe the highest GS is giving right now is $30 for ODST; even with a 50% bump that's $45. Three copies of ODST at $59.99x2 (1 would be free) would be right at $120, so with sales tax, you're damn close to $45/ea. right there. Good if you want to turn your cash into Gamestop fun money...not so good for flipping.

Also, people, realize that if a game's TIV is less than about $10, you're bettter off going with the current 4/$20 deal (assuming you can rustle up 3 more games).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='possum1284']Hi gamecrazxy and play n trade gave me 3x more then gamestop trade values.
Adam[/QUOTE]

Hi so if GS gives $25 for a game, "gamecrazxy" and play n trade will give $75? Hi for a game that cost $60 to begin with? Hi that's awesome. Hi I guess I will just ignore this thread then, like you should have, since it is obviously absolutely worthless and could not possibly result in a good deal if I bother to actually check trade in values at the different stores to determine which offers a better value. Hi.

Sorry Adam, I'm not usually that blunt, just in a snarky mood, I guess. The point is, that while GC and PnT often offer more than the base GS trade value, it usually isn't 3x, and GS promos like this one often result in better trade values than the other stores.

Is that the Gamestop Coupon for the week via email I have not got mine yet, and I need to get some new games...just trying to figure out from where...

If someone has the coupon specs for this week post them....

thx

[quote name='dlg3rd']What happens if it's over $13 now and then drops to 11 or 10 on Monday when the new promo kicks in? That happened to me with Ghostbusters, picked it up for 16 at 7-11 clearance when the trade in was 25 at BBV so I planned on PM at GC but waited one day to do the trade, the next day the sale price dropped and the trade in dropped to only 19. BAD DEAL! Trade it now, especially if you don't have other games to go with.[/QUOTE]
Of course. Whenever a game goes on sale anywhere, the TIV at any location will drop. There have been exceptions (FF:ROTSS and Cranium Kabooki).

A game like Ghostbusters, which once you beat it and realize the mulitplayer experience however fun, doesn't have a high replay value, loses some of it's luster and everyone rushes to trade it in when the TIV is still high.

Most trade in systems monitor how many of a single game is traded nationwide (on sale or not) and adjusts TIVs accordingly (look how fast X-Blades and others dropped when we all rushed in to trade it).

It's about supply and demand.

Dlg3rd makes a valid point. If you're worried, trade it in now (especially if you have 3 others worth at least $2.25).

[quote name='arcurifisher']Yes edge = GI Game Informer[/QUOTE]

I have EDGE without having to pay extra for Game Informer, so EDGE does not always = Game Informer. Plus the employees don't scan in your Game Informer, they scan in your EDGE card. :bouncy:

Personally, I think you always get more if you sell it on eBay and use the PayPal cash to buy the game you want. Even with a 50% bump you still get more by selling it on eBay, unless of course all you have is old games that nobody wants, then yes trade those or give them to charity. Just stating what has worked well for me. :)

[quote name='Thasmagal']Personally, I think you always get more if you sell it on eBay and use the PayPal cash to buy the game you want. Even with a 50% bump you still get more by selling it on eBay, unless of course all you have is old games that nobody wants, then yes trade those or give them to charity. Just stating what has worked well for me. :)[/QUOTE]

yeah really, GS trade ins are never a good deal.
I could either sell Assassin's Creed, Buzz Quiz TV, Folklore, and Rock Band for about $42 with the current promo...or I could sell them on ebay for about $50. The problem is, I hate dealing with ebay and shipping, but on the other hand I hate having to use store credit for Gamestop.

That would totally suck about not taking PS2 games. This is the only trade deal that's good for it (unless coupon next week is 30% bonus for PS2 games).

[quote name='mywhitenoise']yeah really, GS trade ins are never a good deal.
I could either sell Assassin's Creed, Buzz Quiz TV, Folklore, and Rock Band for about $42 with the current promo...or I could sell them on ebay for about $50. The problem is, I hate dealing with ebay and shipping, but on the other hand I hate having to use store credit for Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

And some people would say getting $8 less from Gamestop is well worth the added convenience. You can get rid of all four of your games at once and be done with them, and all it takes is a trip to Gamestop. Ebay has a lot of hassle - posting four separate auctions, paying Ebay/Paypal fees (which might mean you actually get less than $8 more), packaging the games, shipping them (which may require a long wait at the post office), waiting for the auctions to finish and payment to be recieved.

I'd gladly accept $2 less per game for the convenience of not having to deal with the Ebay process. Of course, I don't mind using the proceeds from my game sales to buy other games with credit (I'm gonna be buying games anyway).

Yeah selling on eBay just isn't worth it anymore. The fees are too high and nobody buys your item if it's not listed with free shipping, and if you list it as free shipping then you still gotta pay for shipping. Yeah it's a mess. Back in the day I used to B2G1 from Gamestop all the time, then flip them on eBay for decent profit. But those days are long gone.

Thanks for your guys' advice. I'm gonna trade in my 4 under $10 games at Gamestop tonight!

I was thinking about taking
these ps3 games in
Batman AA $25
COd WaW $20
Battlefield BC $6.00
GTA IV $5.50

current promo would get me $76

new promo would net me $90 in Trade in credit.....

Its about time for HWV to have another used game clearance sale!

[quote name='kube00']I was thinking about taking
these ps3 games in
Batman AA $25
COd WaW $20
Battlefield BC $6.00
GTA IV $5.50

current promo would get me $76

new promo would net me $90 in Trade in credit.....

Its about time for HWV to have another used game clearance sale![/QUOTE]

You need two more games for the new promo.

So the new trade-in deal works for DS games correct? I'm suppose we'll know for sure by sunday/monday , but I'm just curious now , since I'd rather trade my DS games in with this deal , rather than the 30% trade-in coupon from this week's ad.

If this promo works with GameCube games (if any stores take GC games anymore), I'll be able to get about $10 for a few games that I'll never play. Bummer PS2 isn't included, otherwise I'd get another few bucks for old sports games.

Hmm, if I wait until Monday, and add a couple of more games I want to get rid of, I should get close to $85 in Trade in Value. Guess I'll wait until Monday then.

bread's done
Back