GameStop TIV/Promos: Old Thread, New Thread in First/Last Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
Old thread, new thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8775793

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']Trade 3 for 10 is extended.
50 for ps3/xb360 towards new hardware is extended.
25% power trade for Madden and Gears
40% more towards Rage (not yet confirmed but thats what i am told)

50% more towards preowned ends
40% towards e3 titles ends.[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 for an extra $10 (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$50 Hardware Bonus Toward New Hardware (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 extra in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded toward any new hardware.

Offer valid toward the purchase of new hardware only. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or Rage (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$30 NCAA to Madden Rollover Coupon (Ends 9/4/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $30 in-store credit for NCAA 2012 when traded toward the purchase of Madden NFL 2012.

Coupon required, limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of a new Madden '12. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer not valid toward cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.Offer expires 09/04/11[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
*Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ketsui']this coupon is a fraud or i got ripped off!

I decided to trade in two games with the coupon. But the stupid girl at GS only gave me credit for one of them, saying the coupon says trade in CREDIT (not credits)" but it clearly says 50% trade in credit of GAMES. should i call the DM to get my extra $6 credit...

Bad Company 2 TIV $15 -> $22.50
Madden 11 xbox $12

this is bullshit!!![/QUOTE]

You guys tolerate way more than me. I'm fine when people make mistakes - that's just life. But when people consciously do idiotic things, I'm far less tolerant. I'm a really polite person but that would have resulted in my calling the DM before leaving the store. I also would have contemplated doing the damn survey from my iphone while she watched.

TIV from today

:360:

Gears 2 - $5
Left 4 Dead - $6
Brothers in Arms - $2.50
Rock Band 2 - $2.50
Vampire Rain - $1.50
Tales of Vesperia - $15
Crash Mind over Mutant - $15

:ps2:

GTA San Andreas - $8

Couldn't believe San Andreas is $8 base and I put Tales and Crash toward LA Noire.

I decided to trade in two games with the coupon. But the stupid girl at GS only gave me credit for one of them, saying the coupon says trade in CREDIT (not credits)" but it clearly says 50% trade in credit of GAMES. should i call the DM to get my extra $6 credit...

Madden 11 xbox $12

Send them an email via their website, they will reply within 12-24 hours normally (they say 24-48) and ask for your information. The DM will be in touch with you. Still waiting on my phone call, personally.

I'm sure I could go to the store and get things rectified manually, but I'd rather a DM bring it to the company's attention (if that will happen) so hopefully it can fix things company-wide, so other CAGs and customers aren't getting ripped off as well.

How do you calculate base values?

I went down to Gamestop today 4/21 and using PUR and the LA Noire pre-order bonus I received:

Wolfenstein $5.40
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $13.50
Gears of War $2.03
Dead Rising $4.05
Skate 2 $8.10
Marvel VS Capcom 3: Fate $33.75

Does that girl know basic grammar or even read any of the signage her store puts up? When the hell have you ever seen credits with an S at the end of it used in any promo? Imagine: "Get 50% extra trade in credits for all games". The stupidity of some people honestly astounds me, no wonder everyone around the world insults the education system our country has in place.

Madden 11 xbox $12

I would not only get in touch with the DM but I would fill out that receipt survey and give the lowest possible marks. The receipt should have the name of the person who rang up the order. There is no such thing as trade "credits". It is not like an arcade game that that where you put coins in to get credits. When the coupon clearly says you get the bonus on "games" traded (i.e. plural) as opposed to "any game" or "a game" it is not that difficult to determine the intent of the coupon. It is too bad that your cashier lacked basic understanding of the english language, but that is the kind of help that you get for minimum wage.

Madden 11 xbox $12

this is bullshit!!!

EDIT: just went to a different gamestop. the guy there ended up giving me the $6 in credit on an edge card. GIRLS should not be allowed to work at gamestop, u dumb broad[/QUOTE]

You should ask her what does she buy with her monies when she gets paid.

[quote name='Slackeyed']How do you calculate base values?

I went down to Gamestop today 4/21 and using PUR and the LA Noire pre-order bonus I received:

Wolfenstein $5.40
Gears of War $2.03
Dead Rising $4.05
Skate 2 $8.10
Marvel VS Capcom 3: Fate $33.75[/QUOTE]

Happy to help with this:

2 easy ways:

1. If you have a Powerup pro card and get the 10% bonus every time (which I can tell you do), it should still list that bonus seperately under each game on the reciept. So multiply that amount by 10 (Powerup Bonus x 10 = Base TIV

2. (Slightly more complicated way) If you are certian what bonus percentage you got then you can divide the total price on the receipt by (1 + the total % bonus)

In your case, I can tell you got a 25% bonus for trading towards LA Noire and a 10% powerup pro bonus or a total bonus of 35%

Dividing each your totals by 1 + 35% or 1.35 gives the following base values:

Wolfenstein $4.00
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $10.00
Gears of War $1.50
Dead Rising $3.00
Skate 2 $6.00
Marvel VS Capcom 3: Fate $25.00

Edit: On a side note it helps to get an idea of base values here first so you know when or if you need to trade in low value items in seperate transactions under different promotions. As I am sure JP has said in the OP, the computer usually gives the best deal but does not always handle multiple promotions well.

In your case you could have got almost $7 extra trade in credit by seprating the follwing titles out to trade under the $10 bonus trade 3 promo.
While the other titles traded would have been the same the following totals (after bonuses) would have applied if you had split the trade into 2 transactions.

Wolfenstein $7.73 = $4.00+3.33+0.40
Dead Rising $6.63 = $3.00+3.33+0.30
Skate 2 $9.94 = $6.00+3.34+0.60

[quote name='Ketsui']GIRLS should not be allowed to work at gamestop, u dumb broad[/QUOTE]

I was on board with the raging until... what? At least keep your argument intelligent. Blanket statements :'(

[quote name='Slackeyed']How do you calculate base values?

Wolfenstein $5.40
Gears of War $2.03
Dead Rising $4.05
Skate 2 $8.10
Marvel VS Capcom 3: Fate $33.75[/QUOTE]

Did you get the trade 3 get extra 10? Im assuming no since you used the power trade. It would have been better for GoW, Dead Rising, and Wolfenstein cause they are low TIVs.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I was on board with the raging until... what? At least keep your argument intelligent. Blanket statements :'([/QUOTE]

EDIT: just went to a different gamestop. the guy there ended up giving me the $6 in credit on an edge card. GIRLS should not be allowed to work at gamestop, u dumb broad

sorry i was pretty upset....i didnt meant it like that..instead of taking off 6 bucks off the game, i was given a 6 dollar gift card...oh well..for anyone having trouble with this coupon, do not leave the store ripped off like me!!!

[quote name='Ketsui']EDIT: just went to a different gamestop. the guy there ended up giving me the $6 in credit on an edge card. GIRLS should not be allowed to work at gamestop, u dumb broad

sorry i was pretty upset....i didnt meant it like that..instead of taking off 6 bucks off the game, i was given a 6 dollar gift card...oh well..for anyone having trouble with this coupon, do not leave the store ripped off like me!!![/QUOTE]

LOL this guy.....

Got a call today from the store I was at, and it was the guy who helped me with my trade-in transactions with the MK/Portal coupon. Told me the DM gave the okay for a gift card with the credit I got duped out of, just gotta go in and pick it up. Guess I'll be trading in my 360 tonight and using some of that to pick up Blur and Borderlands GOTY if it's still there. Might even scope out what's left of the Gamecube games.

TIV from yesterday (4/20):

Tomb Raider Anniversary: $4
Tomb Raider Legend: $2.50
Tomb Raider Underworld: $2.50

:ps3:
Prince Of Persia: Forgotten Sands: $7

[quote name='Ketsui']sorry i was pretty upset....i didnt meant it like that[/QUOTE]

The magic of the internet is that you could have just erased it.

Does anyone know where I can find a printable version of the PUR 50% extra trade in coupon? I could've sworn I kept it in my e-mail but I must've accidentally deleted it and it's already been purged apparently.

You redeem the coupon for 1000 PUR points... and it stays in your account. You can redownload the PDF again whenever you want, there is no e-mail coupon and it's not free.

[quote name='Gustav']:psp: Dissidia: Final Fantasy for $9 is the first one, correct?[/QUOTE]
Yes it is, 100% confirmed as of 4/22

New base values, I think:

Last Remnant: $3.00
Mirror's Edge: $4.00
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja: $4.00

:wii:
Little King's Story: $5.00

:psp:
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max: $3.00
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim: $2.50

$41.50 in store credit after the extra $20 from the "Trade 3 games, get $10" promo, and snagged brand new copies of Sakura Wars :)ps2:) and Borderlands GotY :)360:) for $0.88 total. \\:D/

Also, you shouldn't have to separate your trades to get in on the promo--I traded in all 6 games together and the $20 was automatically applied to the total credit. Just make sure your number of trades is a multiple of 3. ;)

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']You redeem the coupon for 1000 PUR points... and it stays in your account. You can redownload the PDF again whenever you want, there is no e-mail coupon and it's not free.[/QUOTE]

I'm still confused? How do I get the coupon then? I thought they e-mailed it to me but I deleted the e-mail?

Traded in :
:ps3: COD BO - 30
:ps3: Uncharted 2 - 15

used one of those PUR 50% boost coupons and picked up :ps3: Portal 2 - 59.99 (just going to return this and pick it up at Kmart for the deal). With the bonus I got 72.75 because the stupid computer was not registering the 50% on the whole trade (did 50% on COD BO and 25% on U2) so it took like 20 minutes before the worker did the actual manual override which got me an extra $0.75.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I'm still confused? How do I get the coupon then? I thought they e-mailed it to me but I deleted the e-mail?[/QUOTE]

When you use your PUR points, you get the option to download/print it. I think it stays on your account, but because its a unique code, I think it can only be used once (I dont know how this works, or if its multi use -doubtful).

Some of you are mentioning a "Trade in 3 games and get a bonus $10" promo. Is this a unadvertised promo, because I don't see it on their website or on the Power Up Rewards site.

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']Some of you are mentioning a "Trade in 3 games and get a bonus $10" promo. Is this a unadvertised promo, because I don't see it on their website or on the Power Up Rewards site.[/QUOTE]It appears so, since I haven't seen it advertised anywhere either. It's been confirmed as a working offer (by me and other CAGs in this thread), but I don't know how long it will last.

Also, FYI, the promo works for any three games (so long as the base TIV is at least $2), so you could trade in six games (whose TIVs are all at least $2) and get an extra $20 credit.

If I remember right, people have mentioned that supposedly the 50% bonus starts soon (next week)? If so, I'd hold off on trading in.

[quote name='Donut2922']If I remember right, people have mentioned that supposedly the 50% bonus starts soon (next week)? If so, I'd hold off on trading in.[/QUOTE]I think your trading should depend on the TIVs of what you'd be trading. If I'd waited until the 50% bonus to trade the six games I described a few posts above, I would have gotten $10.75 extra credit vs. the $20 that I received.

If you have newer games to trade, it'd probably be best to wait, but for older games, the $10 bonus for 3 trades might be preferable. ;)

[quote name='Vigilante']I think your trading should depend on the TIVs of what you'd be trading. If I'd waited until the 50% bonus to trade the six games I described a few posts above, I would have gotten $10.75 extra credit vs. the $20 that I received.

If you have newer games to trade, it'd probably be best to wait, but for older games, the $10 bonus for 3 trades might be preferable. ;)[/QUOTE]

Word - good point Vigilante.

[quote name='Vigilante']It appears so, since I haven't seen it advertised anywhere either. It's been confirmed as a working offer (by me and other CAGs in this thread), but I don't know how long it will last.

Also, FYI, the promo works for any three games (so long as the base TIV is at least $2), so you could trade in six games (whose TIVs are all at least $2) and get an extra $20 credit.[/QUOTE]

I was told May 8th was the end date for the trade3 get 10extra by a GS employee. It's an unadvertised promo. When you call in for trade in values, the employees are supposed to mention it.

All for 360.

Homefront-$20
Borderland GOTY-$10
NBA2K10-$6
Nascar 2011-$20
Tony Hawk Project 8-$2.50

PSP

PSP-3000-$50
Memory Duo 4.0GB-$7

The games went towards Portal 2 so I could use that 50% coupon but again like others, the computer doesn't apply it and gives the 25% power trade, had to go back to get it fixed. So to others that use the coupon make sure to tell the clerk just incase.

[quote name='nakanenui']Traded in :
:ps3: COD BO - 30
:ps3: Uncharted 2 - 15

used one of those PUR 50% boost coupons and picked up :ps3: Portal 2 - 59.99 (just going to return this and pick it up at Kmart for the deal). With the bonus I got 72.75 because the stupid computer was not registering the 50% on the whole trade (did 50% on COD BO and 25% on U2) so it took like 20 minutes before the worker did the actual manual override which got me an extra $0.75.[/QUOTE]
Actually, the girl at my local GS and I found out that the 50% coupon only applies up to $60 credit. I tried to trade in:
COD BO - $30
Mario Kart Wii - $25
Marvel vs Capcom 3 - $25
Killzone 3 - $27

With 50% bonus + 10% PUR, the total would have been $171.20.
However, the computer decided to take the 25% bonus + 10% PUR instead, so the total comes out to $144.45.

When I decided to trade in only COD BO, the 50% bonus + 10% PUR rang up correctly by bumping the value to $48. But as soon as she added one more game, the bonus reduced back to 35% because the trade in total value was exceeded $60.

Just traded this in today. Also, I don't know if it's just my specific store, but they said they were no longer taking the old-style 360 headsets.

Core system + wired controller: $30 (down $5 from previous update)

Also, does anyone know if this unadvertised trade-3-get-$10 bonus promo applies to PS2 games? I thought I remember someone earlier saying it was only the current-gen systems, but I don't know if anyone's tried it. I have 6 PS2 games that I've been saving to trade in until there was a "trade x" deal.

[quote name='lunker']Just traded this in today. Also, I don't know if it's just my specific store, but they said they were no longer taking the old-style 360 headsets.

Also, does anyone know if this unadvertised trade-3-get-$10 bonus promo applies to PS2 games? I thought I remember someone earlier saying it was only the current-gen systems, but I don't know if anyone's tried it. I have 6 PS2 games that I've been saving to trade in until there was a "trade x" deal.[/QUOTE]

Youd have to make sure they are atleast > 2$ TIV as well.

[quote name='lunker']Just traded this in today. Also, I don't know if it's just my specific store, but they said they were no longer taking the old-style 360 headsets.

Also, does anyone know if this unadvertised trade-3-get-$10 bonus promo applies to PS2 games? I thought I remember someone earlier saying it was only the current-gen systems, but I don't know if anyone's tried it. I have 6 PS2 games that I've been saving to trade in until there was a "trade x" deal.[/QUOTE]

Only on PS3/Wii/360/DS/PSP.
Okay now me, lol...i'm wondering, could i trade in COD BO with the 50% coupon to get Portal and then return Portal? I'm planning to get $48 for BO and the difference i'll pay in cash. So, would they give me my $48 on a card and the difference back in cash? Has anyone tried this yet? I'm hoping best case scenario, is that they give me all of it in cash when i return Portal. I remember they have done that before if you use credit AND cash.

You will never get a 1:1 cash refund if you used credit on the purchase. They'd probably offer to put the full $60 on the card but you could probably get the $12 in cash, best case.

Trade Ins (4/22/11)

Xbox 360:
Kinect: $55
Xbox 360 Wired 3rd Party: 7.75
250GB HDD: $25
Headset Wired: $3
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller: $11
Prince of Persia: $1.50
Tales of Vesperia: $15
Your Shape Fitness Evolved: $15
Gears of War 2: $5
Battlefield Bad Company 2: $15
NCAA Football 2011: $13
Kinect Sports: $22
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger: $5
Xbox 360 System with Wireless: $40

[quote name='jdhamm85']I think they have it at $24 on the big board in the store.[/QUOTE]

thanks. I'll just wait since this may go up.

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']Actually, the girl at my local GS and I found out that the 50% coupon only applies up to $60 credit. I tried to trade in:
COD BO - $30
Mario Kart Wii - $25
Marvel vs Capcom 3 - $25
Killzone 3 - $27

With 50% bonus + 10% PUR, the total would have been $171.20.
However, the computer decided to take the 25% bonus + 10% PUR instead, so the total comes out to $144.45.

When I decided to trade in only COD BO, the 50% bonus + 10% PUR rang up correctly by bumping the value to $48. But as soon as she added one more game, the bonus reduced back to 35% because the trade in total value was exceeded $60.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I was gonna dump a bunch. It appears the $60 threshold is based on the MSRP of MK/Portal 2 is what I'm guessing.

I got Killzone 3 and Def Jam Rapstar to dump so I'll try it out later on to test it out.

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']Some of you are mentioning a "Trade in 3 games and get a bonus $10" promo. Is this a unadvertised promo, because I don't see it on their website or on the Power Up Rewards site.[/QUOTE]

I found the ad on Page 4 of their in-store ad. It has the Nintendo 3DS trade in offer on the cover. The inside is 25% extra credit towards Portal 2, LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or any New 3DS game

The offers are valid from April 18 through May 8th. This extends the 3DS trade in bonus from April 30 to May 8.

$10 Extra In-Store Credit when you trade in any 3 Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, DS or 3DS games.
*Fine print - Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer.

[quote name='Ichigo1993']Trade Ins (4/22/11)

Xbox 360:
250GB HDD: $25
Xbox 360 System with Wireless: $40[/QUOTE]

Hmm... So the system is down $10 from the quote in the OP. This is no doubt due to the +$50 trade-in promo going on right now. I don't see this mentioned anywhere but I got the email about it a few days ago: $50 extra on 360, PS3, or Wii systems for PowerUp Rewards (Pro only?) members from April 21-27.

I am seriosuly considering dumping my old (original) Elite unit since I have a new Slim. The problem is my son uses the Elite for all his Halo playing and I'd rather have him "abuse" that system rather than the new one. Plus that would mean moving Kinect upstairs which is right above my home office. That would be very noisy, not that anyone plays the Kinect any more ;). So it is sort of a dilemma.

I also have a trade-in for the Elite locked in at Amazon for $186.75, but there is a high likelihood they will reject that and send it back damaged as seems to have happened to some other CAGs. (The same trade-in is down to $86.50 now...)

So, from GS, it looks like I could get $40 + $4 (do you get the 10% bonus on hardware?) + $50 bonus + $25 for the HD... So, that's a total of $119. Of course the Amazon deal would be nicer, but I think that is pretty risky. And of course I could always just keep the damn thing until it breaks, but then it is worthless... Plus there's the whole idiotic DRM issue where I have to move everything over to the new system - though I probably want to do that eventually anyway even though it means my son can't play with the Halo Reach map packs then. Argh, it is all so damn annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back