GameStop TIV/Promos: Old Thread, New Thread in First/Last Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
Old thread, new thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8775793

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']Trade 3 for 10 is extended.
50 for ps3/xb360 towards new hardware is extended.
25% power trade for Madden and Gears
40% more towards Rage (not yet confirmed but thats what i am told)

50% more towards preowned ends
40% towards e3 titles ends.[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 for an extra $10 (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$50 Hardware Bonus Toward New Hardware (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 extra in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded toward any new hardware.

Offer valid toward the purchase of new hardware only. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or Rage (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$30 NCAA to Madden Rollover Coupon (Ends 9/4/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $30 in-store credit for NCAA 2012 when traded toward the purchase of Madden NFL 2012.

Coupon required, limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of a new Madden '12. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer not valid toward cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.Offer expires 09/04/11[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
*Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you misunderstood prinny because I wasn't clear (and that was my mistake). When I tried to use my 25 off coupon, the store was running a B2G1 sale. I was not using 2 coupons from the PUR website.

In my case, before the POS applied the B2G1 promo (on three games all priced 54.99) it applied the PUR coupon for $25 off to 1 of the three games. This would have equated to me wasting my coupon because one of the games would have become zero anyway once the sale applied.

[quote name='gldoorii']When trading in a system, such as my PS2Phat and my GCN, I assume I need the cables, but is it only one controller needed per system?[/QUOTE]

One controller per system and YMMV on whether or not they require controllers to be first party.

[quote name='bgame2']I think you misunderstood prinny because I wasn't clear (and that was my mistake). When I tried to use my 25 off coupon, the store was running a B2G1 sale. I was not using 2 coupons from the PUR website.

In my case, before the POS applied the B2G1 promo (on three games all priced 54.99) it applied the PUR coupon for $25 off to 1 of the three games. This would have equated to me wasting my coupon because one of the games would have become zero anyway once the sale applied.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I understood that. In your case it would've been a waste, but a coupon + promo is still stacking and my only point was, a few months ago (during another B2G1) it was not allowing coupons to be applied at all with any other promo.

Thanks raiser, I am going to give that a shot, i've been wanting a new slim for a while, heck i wouldnt blame them for docking 20$ refurb fee on my xbox's if they boot up haha.

If someone else confirms the $110 trade in, I think I might bite. I have a fat 360 without HDMI, so I wonder if you could get the same amount.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Thanks guy! -- And what about stacking PUR coupons? Like is it possible to use multiple $10 off pre-owned coupons? Or is it just 1 per transaction?[/QUOTE]

The coupon says on a single item, so for example I don't think you could use multiple coupons to buy one game, but it may be possible to, for example, buy two games, and use one coupon on each game. If they give you trouble with that, then just make multiple transactions and use one coupon per transaction

[quote name='Gosha']If someone else confirms the $110 trade in, I think I might bite. I have a fat 360 without HDMI, so I wonder if you could get the same amount.[/QUOTE]

can someone confirm this?

what is the base TIV for xbox 360 elite? do i need a pur card to get extra TIV? how did it come up to $110?

how long is this promo running for?

Should I trade in my mw2 console for a new 360? There isn't anything wrong with mine. But I really want gears 3 console. Darn decisions!

Traded some stuff 7/14/11
PS2
Resident Evil 4 = 2.50
Final Fantasy XII = 2.00

PSP
Ratchet and Clank: Size matters = 1.00

I tried trading in a HDMI Cable, a short USB Cable, and a Xbox 360 Wired headset.. which the GS employee promptly said they wont accept them. I said well I see people online selling them all the time at a GS and he said its not likely. Just a heads up that its YMMV if selling certain hardware.

Oh btw, it should be clarified that a 360 Wired headset 1st generation will not be accepted because its to old... at least thats what the guy said.

[quote name='FuzTurtle']Should I trade in my mw2 console for a new 360? There isn't anything wrong with mine. But I really want gears 3 console. Darn decisions![/QUOTE]

well the slim has built in internet and its slim. it does not have the 3 year extended warranty for rrod.

the elite has interchange faceplate, no internal internet,hard drive on the outside, more bulk. 3 year extended warranty.

u should wait until this holiday. got a feeling they will push 4gb slim for $100.

Slim is also better if you have a Kinect, since it gets power from the USB instead of an external power source. Good if you have way too many systems hooked up to your tv.

If word on the 360 TIV is true.. ugh..

I really want the Gears 3 Console. It is not that bad of a deal if I look at it as only $300 after trade in. The game is $60, 2x controllers I would pay roughly $60 for total, I would also drop like $15 for the DLC included. So right there it is about $165 to upgrade to a nicer console, far larger hard drive, and a console with sweet gears noises.

Only problem is, I would have to be without a second 360 for like 3 months. The way my buddies and I system link all of the time, that would actually suck.

[quote name='BrolyB593']If word on the 360 TIV is true.. ugh..

I really want the Gears 3 Console. It is not that bad of a deal if I look at it as only $300 after trade in. The game is $60, 2x controllers I would pay roughly $60 for total, I would also drop like $15 for the DLC included. So right there it is about $165 to upgrade to a nicer console, far larger hard drive, and a console with sweet gears noises.

Only problem is, I would have to be without a second 360 for like 3 months. The way my buddies and I system link all of the time, that would actually suck.[/QUOTE]

so why not have both? the old elite can be your backup.

[quote name='BrolyB593']If word on the 360 TIV is true.. ugh..

Only problem is, I would have to be without a second 360 for like 3 months. The way my buddies and I system link all of the time, that would actually suck.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to trade my old 360 towards the gears 3 console, but was told the purchase had to be at the same time, and the promo would not be valid for preordering the console. I argued that I *was* buying the gears console today, just not picking it up til 9/20. Wouldn't budge on it though.

DS:
Civilization Revolution: $2
Iron Man 2: $5

360:
X-Men Origins: Wolverine: $4
Wolfenstein: $4
Civilization Revolution: $9

PS3:
Monopoly Street: $15
R&C: Crack in Time: $9
FFXIII: $6

Wii:
Metroid Prime 3: $2.50

Sadly I got hit with a phantom $3 refurb fee in Civ Revolution and $1 on Wolfenstein even though the discs were flawless. Always sucks to not see it till after the fact.

[quote name='raiser']
Of course you have to "buy" new hardware, but no one ever said you have to keep it ;) [/QUOTE]

Does your receipt show the extra $50 as a bonus? Are you sure they wouldn't just subtract $50 from the refund if you tried to do a return?

I think there'll likely be another $50 giftcard deal before the CECH 3000 comes out, which basically cancels this deal out unless you can return the system for full credit.

The problem with a giftcard is that you can't apply it to the system purchase. I'd rather not have to deal with Gamestop after getting the system.

Confirm I traded my 360 in today, 60 base 50 bonus for total 110$.

note though, first place i took it to, the guy took the faceplate off and saw the console did not have the seal intact and didnt take it, 2nd place the guy did not check until after he rang it up so I guess he figured it was too late and didnt say anything so they might check for the seal

[quote name='Gosha']The problem with a giftcard is that you can't apply it to the system purchase. I'd rather not have to deal with Gamestop after getting the system.[/QUOTE]

that's it system purchases?

[quote name='timmylamb']Confirm I traded my 360 in today, 60 base 50 bonus for total 110$.

[/QUOTE] I can also confirm this. I had traded in core system(the no HDMI port one)/wireless controller for $110 total, awesome!

Trade-ins for today:

:ds:

Animal Crossing: Wild World - $10
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - $4
Pokemon Ranger - $4
Metroid Prime Hunters - $5
Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars - $6
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team - $5

:360:
Wireless N Networking Adaptor - $18

[quote name='Royal High Knight']that's it system purchases?[/QUOTE]

I just meant that if you waiting for a gift card offer, you'd end up spending more money out of your pocket in the long run, since you couldn't use the giftcard you'd get for buying the system until after the transaction is over.

[quote name='Gosha']I just meant that if you waiting for a gift card offer, you'd end up spending more money out of your pocket in the long run, since you couldn't use the giftcard you'd get for buying the system until after the transaction is over.[/QUOTE]

O can you use the GC online like a credit card?

Er... its just a standard giftcard like any other store. You can use it to buy anything Gamestop sells. I'd rather just not have that and instead pay less cash instead. Unless Gamestop gives out a GC worth more than $50 with the system, this is probably the best system trade in deal they'll have for quite some time, especially with what the base price is at.

[quote name='shytface']Does your receipt show the extra $50 as a bonus? Are you sure they wouldn't just subtract $50 from the refund if you tried to do a return?

THAT'S THE PLAN ---> unless you can return the system for full credit.[/QUOTE]

34sh5k4.jpg

[quote name='Gosha']Er... its just a standard giftcard like any other store. You can use it to buy anything Gamestop sells. I'd rather just not have that and instead pay less cash instead. Unless Gamestop gives out a GC worth more than $50 with the system, this is probably the best system trade in deal they'll have for quite some time, especially with what the base price is at.[/QUOTE]

nah dude im not talking about system trading or selling. Just a plain question. I have a fat cheap 360 that came with those 5 xbla games and it stills works ok. The last thing I want is a new 360 :D

Today, I told the guy I wanted to know the value of each game before I traded. He scanned them all then told me the total so I had to ask him about each one. He did not seem to like the 40% bonus coupon since it did not require the almighty preorder. I know their job is to push the preorders but this guy was the not giving up after probably a dozen "no" answers. I wanted God of War III that is on sale for $14.99 and he tried to sell me a "new" unsealed copy so I ended up going to another store to get a sealed one. While at that store I traded in the 2 SF IV games along with Enslaved to get the $10 bonus so I ended up with about $152 in credit so I was pleased.

I researched Amazon's (good condition) trade-in values before I went so I have their values in parentheses beside the the Gamestop base trade-in values:

ps3.gif
Star Wars The Force Unleashed II - 7 (10.50)
ps3.gif
God of Collection - 9 (9.00)
ps3.gif
Street Fighter IV - 4 (4.00)
xbox360.gif
Blur - 8 (8.00)
xbox360.gif
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition - 16 (17.50)
xbox360.gif
Star Wars The Force Unleashed II - 7 (14.00)
xbox360.gif
Transformers War for Cybertron - 9 (10.25)
xbox360.gif
Dance Central - 20 (20.00)
xbox360.gif
Street Fighter IV - 2.50 (1.60)
xbox360.gif
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - 5 (5.00)
wii.gif
Kirby's Epic Yarn - 10 (10.00)

Amazon is more stringent about trade-in game (good) condition and they require case/manual plus for it not scratched all to Hell.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']nah dude im not talking about system trading or selling. Just a plain question. I have a fat cheap 360 that came with those 5 xbla games and it stills works ok. The last thing I want is a new 360 :D[/QUOTE]

The bad news is you just jinxed yourself and your 360 is going to RROD in about five minutes.

[quote name='rawrker']Sadly I got hit with a phantom $3 refurb fee in Civ Revolution[/QUOTE]

You should offer to teach them disc cleaning in exchange for literacy until Gandhi threatens to declare war unless you give him 500 gold.

God, Civ Rev is awesome.

[quote name='Survivalism']The bad news is you just jinxed yourself and your 360 is going to RROD in about five minutes.

You should offer to teach them disc cleaning in exchange for literacy until Gandhi threatens to declare war unless you give him 500 gold.

God, Civ Rev is awesome.[/QUOTE]

HA... Good try but that damn 360 Wireless adaptor keeps disconnecting randomly and it gets to be annoying:bomb::bomb:

Cleaned out my kids DS games plus a few other games. Didn't trade all in as some had better values at Best Buy. Base for 7/14:

:ds:
Disney Friends $2.50
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga $6.00
Pac Pix $2.00
Super Monkey Ball Touch & Roll $2.50
Legendary Starfy $3.00
Fossil Fighters $3.00
Kirby Superstar Ultra $9
Warioware Touched $3.00
New International Track and Field $0.50
Backyard Sports Baseball $1.50
Brain Age $1.50
Big Brain Academy $1.50
N+ $1.50
Worms 2 $1.50

:360:
Burnout Paradise $7.00
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $10.00
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts $4.00
Kinectimals $17
Gears of War $1.50
Prince of Persia $1.00
Bionic Commando $1.00

:wii:
Pikmin $6.00
Mario Super Sluggers $5.00

[quote name='krashhole']$6 for 120gb HD....What are they thinking lol[/QUOTE]

They are thinking that a bunch of clueless people are going to trade in their valuable hardware for dirt.

TIV current to 7/15

Wireless Xbox 360 Controller - $12
Xbox 360 Charge Cable - $2.75
Xbox 360 Live Messenger Pad - $5
Burnout Paradise (360)- $7

[quote name='krashhole']$6 for 120gb HD....What are they thinking lol[/QUOTE]

Well those HD go for about 30-40 on Ebay, but I'm sure GS gets a ton of defective HD traded into them, and since they don't fully check test them when they take them in, they just give everyone a screwed up price and in the long run the working ones will make up the profits for the shitty ones.

gamestop.com says this

Get 50% extra in-store credit when you trade in your old games toward the purchase of any pre-owned games, accessories and systems.

7/16/11-7/31/11

[quote name='Royal High Knight']you can't use the 40% trade in, and then cash out that credit can you?[/QUOTE]

You can.. but the cash value you get for trade-ins is not the same as the credit value.

[quote name='DALEEMS']
iconxbox360.gif
Dance Central $20
iconxbox360.gif
Kinect Sports $22
HDMI Cable $5

07/15/2011 TIV @ Lexington Ky Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

How is it you were able to sell your HDMI Cable, but when I tried at my gamestop the Employee didnt believe me people were doing that? he said "Thats not possible"

[quote name='Vanacloud']How is it you were able to sell your HDMI Cable, but when I tried at my gamestop the Employee didnt believe me people were doing that? he said "Thats not possible"[/QUOTE]

Because they have the right to refuse any trade for any reason. They chose to not accept yours. The store could have easily taken the HDMI cable out of their system or they could not allow it to be traded or too many people were scamming the HDMI or.... Think you can see there could be dozens o reasons.

7/15
Base TIV:
:ps3:
Wheelmen - $8
Blur - $8
Oblivion goty - $14
Heavy rain - $14
Dead to rights retribution - $10
Devil may cry 4 - $5
Genji days of the blade - $2
Borderlands - $6
Unreal tournament 3 - $0.75

I didn't trade these in yet, so if anyone wants to make me an offer (after factoring in the promos + PUR)...

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']You can.. but the cash value you get for trade-ins is not the same as the credit value.[/QUOTE]

Really are you sure. I could of swore that when you want money for the games that you sell, you aren't aloowed to use any promo in order to raise the value of the games.

edit- Just read the first page. That sucks that promo's don't apply. It's bullshit

[quote name='Vanacloud']How is it you were able to sell your HDMI Cable, but when I tried at my gamestop the Employee didnt believe me people were doing that? he said "Thats not possible"[/QUOTE]

I have traded several of them over the last few years and they always rang up as generic HDMI's. I had a few stores actually ask me for them because they sold so well. I'm lucky that I have about 10 GS's within a 30 min drive. It's easy to spread them out.
So, If you have more than 1 store, Try it or make sure the Tool that told you that isn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back