GameStop TIV/Promos: Old Thread, New Thread in First/Last Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
Old thread, new thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8775793

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']Trade 3 for 10 is extended.
50 for ps3/xb360 towards new hardware is extended.
25% power trade for Madden and Gears
40% more towards Rage (not yet confirmed but thats what i am told)

50% more towards preowned ends
40% towards e3 titles ends.[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 for an extra $10 (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$50 Hardware Bonus Toward New Hardware (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 extra in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded toward any new hardware.

Offer valid toward the purchase of new hardware only. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or Rage (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$30 NCAA to Madden Rollover Coupon (Ends 9/4/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $30 in-store credit for NCAA 2012 when traded toward the purchase of Madden NFL 2012.

Coupon required, limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of a new Madden '12. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer not valid toward cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.Offer expires 09/04/11[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
*Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BobbyTastic']Yes, if you really wanna squeeze the most profit out of this.

Gonna echo what Nas said, I was just about to say "You could have gotten your game in a shitty condition to begin with." and it's more that they don't mention the refurb. fee, rather than the actual fee. I've yet to have to incur one of these fees though.

@ Nas

I would just talk to a B+M GS and have them reissue you a card, but bring proof of identity/your tiny PUR card.[/QUOTE]

I did at one GS but they were like you have the little one so use that. I am afraid theyll charge me $15 for a replacement. ugh.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Hell, I got hit with a refurb fee on a game I ordered from Gamestop's own website. Nice little racket.[/QUOTE]

I told one of the employees the same thing..he goes i don't know about online you have to deal with online.

[quote name='nas6034']I did at one GS but they were like you have the little one so use that. I am afraid theyll charge me $15 for a replacement. ugh.

I told one of the employees the same thing..he goes i don't know about online you have to deal with online.[/QUOTE]

Try another GS and tell them you don't wanna use the little one. There has to be SOME way they can confirm it's you and cancel the old card.

I know it's last minute, but if anyone is still looking for a $100 off PS3 coupon I am giving mine away as I decided last minute not to get one. First to PM me gets it. Today is the last day for the coupon!

[quote name='Krazy T2K']I know it's last minute, but if anyone is still looking for a $100 off PS3 coupon I am giving mine away as I decided last minute not to get one. First to PM me gets it. Today is the last day for the coupon![/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure when you use the coupon you have to use the account it came from.

Values from the 27th:
:360: Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution - $8.00
:360: Fallout: New Vegas - $8.00
:360: Beautiful Katamari - $8.00
:wii: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $7.00
:ds: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - $8.00
:ds: Professor Layton and the Curious Village - $8.00

Does anyone know of any trade-in promos for next week?

[quote name='nas6034']Anyhow, has anyone ever had their PUR card replaced? I lost my big one but have the small one but I don't want someone finding my big one and using it.[/QUOTE]

If it's because you have credit on the card, you're pretty much fucked. I don't think any store has the policy of helping you recover your credit. If anything they just say it's your responsibility.

If someone IS using card though, at least you'll be able to rack up some extra points :cool: I suppose they could confiscate the card if someone tries to use it if the person stupidly tries to do a trade in. Pretty much all the stores I've been to now check ID, and I think your PUR card holds your info. Then again, if your employees are all drones, they just might not notice/care. I know back in the EDGE days, I would use my card whenever my friends did trades or purchases, and they did not bat an eye. They just seemed happy someone brought an EDGE card.

For any new credit you accrue, it should be possible to put the credit on a gift card. At least back in the EDGE days, that was the way they did things.

The irony about the refurb fee is that often these games we are trading back were sometimes bought from GameStop. And of course GameStop sells those same games and other games in the same exact condition or worse, but we get no discount. :roll:

[quote name='NickNorman']I'm pretty sure when you use the coupon you have to use the account it came from.[/QUOTE]

It's fine actually. Lots of people gave away their coupons including myself. Just need a PUR card to get it to work.

I also have a $100 off PS3 coupon that someone gave to me to use and I don't have enough funds right now to put towards a new PS3 (as much as I'd love to) ... -- GONE!

[quote name='HydroX']I also have a $100 off PS3 coupon that someone gave to me to use and I don't have enough funds right now to put towards a new PS3 (as much as I'd love to) ... so the first person to PM me can have it.[/QUOTE]

$20 paypal for anyone with a working code I can use!

[quote name='HydroX']I also have a $100 off PS3 coupon that someone gave to me to use and I don't have enough funds right now to put towards a new PS3 (as much as I'd love to) ... so the first person to PM me can have it.[/QUOTE]
This is truly a stand up guy! :applause:

[quote name='Brother Daz']This is truly a stand up guy! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Thanks. :D

"I just do my job man. I do what my God-given abilities allow me to do, and I thank Jesus Christ for it every single day. And do I enjoy what I do? Heheheh... hell yeah." - "Terrible" Terry Tate

[quote name='theeipi']$20 paypal for anyone with a working code I can use![/QUOTE]

If you havent found anyone yet ill take you up on this

edit: well disregard that the coupon is not in my powerup rewards account anymore it was there yesterday? I thought it was still good for today

Today

:360:
Dragon Age: Origins - $8
Dragon Age: Origins Awakening - $8
Crackdown 2 - $5

[quote name='NickNorman']I'm pretty sure when you use the coupon you have to use the account it came from.[/QUOTE]

That's incorrect. All you need is a PUR membership to use the coupon. I gave it to another member and he successfully used it to purchase a PS3 this afternoon.

base trade in values from 29th:
:360: Alan Wake $5.00
:360: Forza 3 Ultimate $12.00
:360: Viva Pinata $2.00
:ps3: Resonance of Fate $8.00
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles $8.00
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. $25.00

If you trade-in a game and you come across another copy, you can't ever trade it in again at gamestop? How does that work?

[quote name='karyadi']If you trade-in a game and you come across another copy, you can't ever trade it in again at gamestop? How does that work?[/QUOTE]

What?, I have traded in 4 copies of New Vegas this week alone, not true.

Massive TIV Update (all from 5/28)

Wii
Animal Crossing - 5.00
Boom Blox - 6.00
Boom Blox Bash Party - 7.00
Bully Scholarship Edition - 7.00
Dead Rising Chop Till You Drop - 7.00
House of the Dead 2 & 3 - 8.00
Lego Batman - 5.00
Lego Indiana Jones 1 - 8.00
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga - 7.00
Mario and Sonic at Winter Olympic Games - 9.00
Mario Power Tennis - 8.00
Marvel Super Hero Squad - 7.00
MLB Power Pros 2008 - 2.50
New Carnival Games - 10.00
Nicktoons Attack of the Toybots - 3.00
Okami - 8.00
Pinball Hall of Fame Williams - 3.00
Resident Evil 4 - 7.00
Spongebob Globs of Doom - 7.00
Spongebob Atlantis Squarepants - 8.00

PS3
Baja Edge of Control - 3.00
Burnout Paradise - 6.00
Dead to Rights Retribution - 10.00
Grid - 9.00
Incredible Hulk - 6.00
Lego Batman - 7.00
Prince of Persia - 6.00
Singularity - 7.00
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania - 6.00

XBox 360
Ace Combat 6 - 7.00
Armored Core 4 - 2.00
Bourne Conspiracy - 2.50
Burnout Paradise - 7.00
Dead to Rights Retribution - 8.00
Dirt - 6.00
Earth Defense Force 2017 - 5.00
Fear 2 - 5.00
GI Joe Rise of Cobra - 7.00
Grid - 6.00
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga - 9.00
Ninja Gaiden 2 - 3.00
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution - 9.00
Spider-Man Friend or Foe - 6.00

DS
Bakugan Defenders of the Core - 2.00
Harvest Moon - 5.00
Rune Factory - 2.50
Toy Story 3 - 5.00

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']What?, I have traded in 4 copies of New Vegas this week alone, not true.[/QUOTE]

That seems very YMMV though because I called my gamestop and they said they don't take in more than one copy. Any way around that?

That seems very YMMV though because I called my gamestop and they said they don't take in more than one copy. Any way around that?

1 copy per day per store. luckily i've got 5 stores within easy driving distance so i've just driven around and dumped stuff if i had multiple copies of something.

I have two stores I go to, I traded in a PS3 copy and an xbox copy at the same time at both locations, the DM was at one of them while I was doing it, had no qualms. Took my blockbuster receipt with me just in case.

[quote name='Brother Daz']This is truly a stand up guy! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Some of us give away our codes and keep it on the hush-hush, you know. :p

I'm glad my coupon will be of benefit to someone, though.

I'm gonna trade in LA Noire to GS in a few, I'll post value when I get back.

Values from today:

PS3:

LA Noire - 25
MLB the Show 11 - 23
Batman AA GOTY - 9
Pure Futbol - 1.50
MK vs DC Universe - 5
Deadliest Catch Sea of Chaos - 6
Folklore - 5
Where the Wild Things Are - 3

Wii:

Flingsmash - 4
Star Wars Unleashed - 7

Traded in 5 of those games and got 100 bucks...kept the rest.

5/29

First price is the base price, second price is after the Trade 3 Get $10, the 50% extra trade-in on accessories, and the 10% "Trade Like A Pro" coupon (I don't have Powerup Pro).

:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $24 -> $29.74
:wii: Mario Kart Wii - $24 -> $29.74
:wii: FlingSmash (game only) - $4 -> $7.72

:wii: Wii Remote Controller - $5 -> $8

5/28 Quotes:
DS:
GTA: Chinatown Wars $8
Kirby: Super Star Ultra $9
Mario & Sonic: At The Olympic Games $8
360:
Nier $7
Wii:
Boom Blox $6
Dirt 2 $ 8
Wario Land: Shake It $7

5/29 Quotes:
PS3:
GRID $9
Need for Speed: Shift $7
360:
Burnout Paradise $7
Dead to Rights: Retribution $8
Wii:
Bully: Scholarship Edition $7
House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return $8
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 $8
Transformers: Cybertron $8
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed $7

These are all 05/27 Quotes (better late than never!):

360:
Crysis 2 $20
Battlefield Bad Company 2 $15
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY $15

PS3:
LA Noire $25
Move Eye Camera $8
Move Motion Controller $12
Move Navigation Controller $9
Need for Speed: Shift $7
Portal 2 $23
Sonic Unleashed $8

Alright, the person who PM'd me first last time for the PS3 coupon never gave me their email address, so I am offering up the coupon once more. I had 3 people PM me for it last time but I already cleared out the messages otherwise I'd send it to one of you. Sorry!

Anywho, shoot me a PM if interested. This offer is only available for the next 10 minutes as I'm about to go out the door.

I got kind of screwed today when I went to Gamestop with some games to trade in. I got to the door at like 5:55, and it was locked. There were two people inside checking out at the register, and when they leave someone comes to the door to say that they closed at six. I said it was 5:58, and he said the registers were already closed, and to come back tomorrow. I said the 3 for $10 extra deal ends today, and his co-worker spent a minute looking to confirm, but I guess the tiered deal starts tomorrow. The highest bonus there is an extra 30% for seven games, which would give me a lot less than the 3 for $10 or even the 40% coupon.

I don't think I'll go to that Gamestop anymore.

[quote name='discordman']$25 extra for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite, 3DS, DSi, and XL starts tomorrow for anyone interested.[/QUOTE]

As the TIV's conveniently drop $25 tomorrow. :lol:

5/29 TIV:

Alan Wake $5
FO:NV $8
Mafia 2 $12
Bully: Scholarship Edition $9

Wii
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 $10
Star Wars: TFU 2 $8
Mario & Sonic: Olympic Games $9
Dead Space: Extraction $7
Transformers: Cybertron Adventures $8
Bully: Scholarship Edition $7
Guitar Hero 5 $6

PS3
FO:NV $8
Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition $6
Burnout Paradise $6

DS
Animal Crossing: Wild World $10
Transformers: War for Cybertron Decepticons $7
Transformers: War for Cybertron Autobots $7

[quote name='NickNorman']I got kind of screwed today when I went to Gamestop with some games to trade in. I got to the door at like 5:55, and it was locked. There were two people inside checking out at the register, and when they leave someone comes to the door to say that they closed at six. I said it was 5:58, and he said the registers were already closed, and to come back tomorrow. I said the 3 for $10 extra deal ends today, and his co-worker spent a minute looking to confirm, but I guess the tiered deal starts tomorrow. The highest bonus there is an extra 30% for seven games, which would give me a lot less than the 3 for $10 or even the 40% coupon.

I don't think I'll go to that Gamestop anymore.[/QUOTE]

Why did you wait so close to closing to trade things in? If you knew about this deal, you should have gone earlier.

[quote name='NickNorman']I got kind of screwed today when I went to Gamestop with some games to trade in. I got to the door at like 5:55, and it was locked. There were two people inside checking out at the register, and when they leave someone comes to the door to say that they closed at six. I said it was 5:58, and he said the registers were already closed, and to come back tomorrow. I said the 3 for $10 extra deal ends today, and his co-worker spent a minute looking to confirm, but I guess the tiered deal starts tomorrow. The highest bonus there is an extra 30% for seven games, which would give me a lot less than the 3 for $10 or even the 40% coupon.

I hate it when stores close before their actual closing time.

[quote name='Krazy T2K']That's incorrect. All you need is a PUR membership to use the coupon. I gave it to another member and he successfully used it to purchase a PS3 this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, CAG, that gave me that coupon :D

This is how it should be done, CAGs. Just give away the coupon. Don't pull that stupid shit of trying to make a fast buck by selling it or trading it. Just help your fellow CAG, not strings attached. Pay it forward. I gave mine away for free near the beginning of the $100 coupons deals, but I had just acquired enough credit to get a PS3 this week and saw the abundance of PS3 deals without any solid price drops rumors. I was kicking myself, but as luck would have it, a CAG offers a coupon for free, I jump on it, and I got a PS3 for 30 bucks after credit and coupon. They asked for nothing, but I made sure to pay them back for their kindness by giving away a Microsoft Points card I acquired from the Blockbuster clearance.

tellgamestop.com

5/29 TiV:

:360:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $15
Bayonetta - $6
Burnout: Paradise - $7
Call of Duty: Black Ops - $20
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - $5
Crackdown 2 - $5
Fallout: New Vegas - $8
Grand Theft Auto IV - $8
Half Life 2: The Orange Box - $12
Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Forza 2 - $2.50
Need For Speed: Shift - $6
Singularity - $7
Skate 2 - $6
Tetris Evolution - $8
Where the Wild Things Are - $2.50

Wireless Headset - $8
Messenger/Chat Pad - $5
HDMI Cable - $4

:wii:
Boom Blox Bash Party - $7
NBA Jam - $10

:ds:
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - $8

:ps2:
PS2/PSX Power Cord - $0.55
PS2/PSX AV Cable - $3

So, I ended up scoring $258.99 in total, which afforded me a 4000MSP Pts card, LA Noire, Dragon Age 2 (used), and some pre-orders for Battlefield 3 and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, but still left me with $99.51 leftover. Thanks CAGs and JP.

[quote name='Ki77a KiD TRe']So, I ended up scoring $258.99 in total, which afforded me a 4000MSP Pts card, LA Noire, Dragon Age 2 (used), and some pre-orders for Battlefield 3 and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, but still left me with $99.51 leftover. Thanks CAGs and JP.[/QUOTE]

Get a console (like I did ;) ) or something nice. When I make coinage like that I just go all out on some big ticket item I would never otherwise get. Last time I had a good trade like that, I picked up the Xbox 360 racing wheel and still had credit left over. Splurge. Go wild.

5/30/11

360:

LA Noire - $25

So, I picked up Bioshock 2 and SW:TFU 2 (Wii) on impulse from BBV's B1G1 free sale. Figured I could flip TFU2 (my third flip/fourth trade-in evar), but I realized it was a half-hour before closing. I call in advance to make sure I've got the closing time right/say they should expect me around closing, but run into a ton of red lights. I end up getting there @ 9:01, door's locked. Guy I traded LA Noire to earlier in the evening standing in the doorway with the key tells me "Too bad" and shrugs. A tad frustrating, but I just got unlucky I suppose (It'd only be $3.20 extra credit (40% extra TIV)). That's not nearly as bad as the people locking up early for the other poster. I'm not saying the guy couldn't have planned it better, but they should be working @ least until they're supposed to close (unlike in my case, I guess, though they probably closed early too, at least they were still taking phone calls around closing-time). I'm certainly not going to stop going to that GameStop and QQ about it though.

I'mma see what the TIV for it is tomorrow, and I guess I'll let you lot know.

You guys went nuts on the last day. Gonna take me an hour or so to update all this in the lists and the database.

[quote name='JP']You guys went nuts on the last day. Gonna take me an hour or so to update all this in the lists and the database.[/QUOTE]

Are you really surprised? :bouncy:

At least two of us tried last-minute trade-ins.

I am slightly surprised. More often with the trade X get $X extra promos it's more evenly spread with a bit of an uptick on the last day. More than I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back