GameStop TIV/Promos: Old Thread, New Thread in First/Last Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
Old thread, new thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8775793

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']Trade 3 for 10 is extended.
50 for ps3/xb360 towards new hardware is extended.
25% power trade for Madden and Gears
40% more towards Rage (not yet confirmed but thats what i am told)

50% more towards preowned ends
40% towards e3 titles ends.[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 for an extra $10 (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$50 Hardware Bonus Toward New Hardware (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 extra in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded toward any new hardware.

Offer valid toward the purchase of new hardware only. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or Rage (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$30 NCAA to Madden Rollover Coupon (Ends 9/4/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $30 in-store credit for NCAA 2012 when traded toward the purchase of Madden NFL 2012.

Coupon required, limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of a new Madden '12. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer not valid toward cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.Offer expires 09/04/11[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
*Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sbaker44']Called in tiv from today. Should help with the bbv sale starting tomorrow.

Xbox 360:
Transformers War for Cybertron $9
Star Wars FU II $7
Super Street Fighter IV $10

Won't be too bad with the 40% bonus[/QUOTE]

AWESOME avatar!! lol swingers is one of my favorite movies

TIV from today

:360:

Halo Wars - $11
Planet 51 - $5
Chaotic Shadow Warriors - $2.50
Arcade Unplugged - $2

:ps3:

Scene It: Bright Lights - $4
LittleBigPlanet GOTY - $12

:wii:

Pikmin - $6

wii.gif

Cranium Bookakii - $0.00

For anyone trying to use the 40% extra trade coupon I was told today they pulled them by an employee. Just thought I would share just incase someone has trouble.

[quote name='KillerSmokey24']For anyone trying to use the 40% extra trade coupon I was told today they pulled them by an employee. Just thought I would share just incase someone has trouble.[/QUOTE]

Wow...dick move by GS.

[quote name='KillerSmokey24']For anyone trying to use the 40% extra trade coupon I was told today they pulled them by an employee. Just thought I would share just incase someone has trouble.[/QUOTE]

Lucky I grabbed 4 of them bitches when they had them out last week at mine local gs...but wow absolute dick move since they already printed out all the coupons

pulled them as in they don't work anymore?

I just went on poweruprewards for the first time in a bit and everything decent is gone. Has anyone heard why that is? All the points cards, coupons and everything were gone and all they have left is the type of stuff they used to give away free with reserves.

Some 360 accessory TIV's from today (all base values):

-Wireless Network Adapter (N) - $28
-120 GB HDD - $6
-Wireless Controller - $12
-Wired Headset - $3

[quote name='biledriver']I just went on poweruprewards for the first time in a bit and everything decent is gone. Has anyone heard why that is? All the points cards, coupons and everything were gone and all they have left is the type of stuff they used to give away free with reserves.[/QUOTE]
happened to me to last night to. everything gone cept one or two item, but everything came back again after I checked this morning.

[quote name='garfep']Some 360 accessory TIV's from today (all base values):

-Wireless Network Adapter (N) - $28
-120 GB HDD - $6
-Wireless Controller - $12
-Wired Headset - $3[/QUOTE]
Please tell me you didnt let them give you $6 for the 120GB HDD. I'd seriously buy it off you.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']happened to me to last night to. everything gone cept one or two item, but everything came back again after I checked this morning.[/QUOTE]

Yup you're right. Bunch of that stuff is back. Went from 94 items last night to 159 today. Odd.

[quote name='biledriver']I just went on poweruprewards for the first time in a bit and everything decent is gone. Has anyone heard why that is? All the points cards, coupons and everything were gone and all they have left is the type of stuff they used to give away free with reserves.[/QUOTE]
Maybe they are trying fix the coupons so you can't use them multiple times...

[quote name='confoosious']so has anyone used the 40% coupon yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes, works fine, the guy at my store even let me keep it to use it again.

I had a printed copy of the 40% coupon and it worked fine. The clerk even said "we dont have any in the store, but you can print as many as you want off the internet".

Base TiV -
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (wii) - $22
Transformers Cybertron adventures (wii) - $8
Mario Luigi: Bowsers inside story (ds) - $11
Lego Batman (ps3) - $7
Dead to Rights Retribution (ps3) - $10

alright, just got back, the coupon does work, put $5 on Uncharted 3 will cancel later since not due out until October and put rest on card.

PS3 base promo (%50)
F3AR- 20 30
Singularity- 7 10.50
Alpha Protocol-4 6

360- base promo (%50)
Shift 2- 17 25.50

not bad since I got shift 2 for 14.99 at BB and F3AR for $25 at BB on those deals last week. Also he said L.A. Noire was trading around $25, that was my other $25 from last week, but I want to finish it first.

[quote name='pun123']alright, just got back, the coupon does work, put $5 on Uncharted 3 will cancel later since not due out until October and put rest on card.

PS3 base promo (%50)
F3AR- 20 30
Singularity- 7 10.50
Alpha Protocol-4 6

360- base promo (%50)
Shift 2- 17 25.50

not bad since I got shift 2 for 14.99 at BB and F3AR for $25 at BB on those deals last week. Also he said L.A. Noire was trading around $25, that was my other $25 from last week, but I want to finish it first.[/QUOTE]

Noire is $20 base.

Dragon Age 2 still goes for $23 base. I traded that and $5 credit and purchased Fear 3 in-store. So i basically paid $21 for Fear via $15 BB/50% promo which I think is worth it.

From this morning

:wii:
Spongebob: Globs of Doom $6
Cars Toon: Mater's Tall Tales $9
Dirt 2 $7
Transformers: Cybertron Adventures $8
Star Wars Force Unleashed II $8
Marvel Super Hero Squad $7
Biggest Loser Challenge $8
Call of Duty: World at War $4 (Damn)
Need for Speed: Pro Street $8

:ps3:
Star Wars Force Unleashed II $7
Medal of Honor $8
Dead Rising 2 $9

:360:
Monopoly Streets $15
Medal of Honor $8
Bayonetta $6
Dead Rising 2 $10
Star Wars Force Unleashed II $7

:ds:
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story $11
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded $9

Guess where I was this morning, nothing like making $100 in 15 minutes.

TIV

Wii Disney Channel All Star Party $6
Wii Lego Harry Potter Y1-4 $10
Wii Destroy All Humans: Big Willy $4
Wii Star Wars Clone Wars RH $6
Wii Cabela's Trophy Bucks $4
Wii Toy Story 3 $9
Wii Madagascar Kartz $6

I am glad that the coupon works. Once I combine it with my 20% off for my birthday and my 2 gift cards from Erewards, I will be set.

Base TIV 7/01/11
CoD Black Ops PS3-23
Overlord Raising Hell PS3-4
Super Street Fighter 4 PS3-10
Duke Nukem Forever 360-18
Overlord 2 360-5
Sonic and Sega All stars 360-7
Toy Story 3 360-9
Two Worlds 2 360-9

Duke Nukem Forever (360) - $18
Red Faction Armageddon (360) - $22
Ghost Recon Shadow Wars (3DS) - $12
Resident Evil Mercenaries (3DS) - $18
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) - $18
Dead or Alive Dimensions (3DS) - $14
Transformers Dark of the Moon (3DS) - $15

Had no problems using the new 40% trade-in coupon today (NOT the E3 pre-order bonus coupon). I printed a scan of the coupon someone posted in the other thread. Also stacked with 10% PUR Pro bonus

Rayman Raving Rabbids (Wii) $6 ---> $9
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Wii) $7 ---> $10.50
Mario Party 8 (Wii) $22 ---> $33 (holy crap thought I'd get $10 for this one)
Wii Play - game only (Wii) $2.50 ---> $3.75
God of War: Collection (PS3) $9 ---> $13.50
Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PS3) $15 ---> $22.50 (traded in the ultimate edition, but receipt doesn't say that. Not too worried anyway)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) $15 ---> $22.50

I expected to get $50 or less in credit and walked out with $114.75

They're accepted Mario Kart Wii for $20 base and Zelda: Twilight Princess for $6 base as well but I held onto those.

[quote name='NOFX232']Duke Nukem Forever (360) - $18
Transformers Dark of the Moon (3DS) - $15[/QUOTE]

Did you end up selling your 3DS?

[quote name='NOFX232']Duke Nukem Forever (360) - $18
Transformers Dark of the Moon (3DS) - $15[/QUOTE]

Are these values before or after the 40% coupon and/or PUR.

:360: Dance Central - $20
:wii: Mario Party 8 - $22
:ps3: Shift 2 Unleashed - $17
:ps3: Monopoly Street - $15

$111.00 after bonus. Not bad considering I spent $65 on the lot, only $10 of which was actual cash.

What giftcards does gamestop sell? These are great TIV's but I dont want to use it on games. Rather buy giftcards and use them elsewhere. Do they sell say Best buy or amazon giftcards or something?

[quote name='xskaxninjax']:360: Dance Central - $20
:wii: Mario Party 8 - $22
:ps3: Shift 2 Unleashed - $27
:ps3: Monopoly Street - $15

$111.00 after bonus. Not bad considering I spent $65 on the lot, only $10 of which was actual cash.[/QUOTE]

Shift 2 is $17 base, must be a typo.

These base prices were from 6/28/11
XBOX 360

XBOX 360 Fat console - $30.00
60 GB HD - $3.00
Ethernet Cable - $0.25
XBOX 360 wired headset - $3.00
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution - $9.00

PS3

Motorstorm - $1.50
NCAA Football 08 - $0.10

PSP

GTA: Vice City Stories - $8.00
UMD Movie 28 Days Later - $1.00
UMD Movie Big Daddy - $1.50
UMD Movie Sin City - $0.95
UMD Movie XXX - $0.85
UMD Movie Alien - $1.00
UMD Movie Starship Troopers - $0.90
UMD Movie Terminator - $1.00
UMD Movie Resident Evil - $0.90

PS2

MGS2: Sons of Liberty - $0.25
GTA: Vice City - $2.00
GTA III - $1.00
God of War - $1.50
Shadow of the Colossus - $5.00
Resident Evil 4 - $2.50
PS2 Fat Console - $20.00
PS2 8MB Mem Card - $0.50
PS2 Dual Shock Controller - $2.00

With all the bonus values added in it was $151.65 which I then used to get the new XBOX 360 Slim 4GB.

Had a great BBV haul. Used my 40% coupon.

Traded in for PS3
Army of 2: 40th day - 7
COD WAW - 9
GTA IV - 7
Uncharted - 9
Uncharted 2 - 15

Xbox 360
Beautiful Katamari - 8

Paid off Catherine Deluxe and then some.

7/1/11 TiV

Wii
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party - $7.00
Tiger Woods 2011 - $10.00

[quote name='dchrisd']Are these values before or after the 40% coupon and/or PUR.[/QUOTE]

Base values. I ended up getting 175~ after bonuses. I just beat them all and didn't feel like playing them again. Got most of them on sales.

AC: Wild World (DS) - $10
Tiger Woods '11 (Wii) - $10
Chrono Trigger (DS) - $7

I used the 40% coupon in the OP. Worked like a charm, thanks.

7/1 base TIV

:wii: NBA Jam $10
:wii: Boom Blox Bash Party $7
:wii: Endless Ocean: Blue World $9
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $9
:ps3: God of War: Collection $9
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles $8
:ps3: Truth or Lies $1
:ps2: Shadow of the Colossus $5

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done