GameStop TIV & Promos: Old thread. Please check first/last post for new link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7320653

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

360 Slim Trade-Up Promo - $100 Trade-in Credit Toward Slim Purchase.(Ends 7/11/2010)NO PRE-ORDERS, YMMV ON RESERVE LISTS.
NOTE: Currently the promo is not automatically activating on the computers and are requiring manual input. This will allow for extra credit through EDGE on the accessories and get the $25 hardware bonus on top, putting it at $125, if the employee doesn't remove it like they were supposed to. This will be fixed so take advantage while you can.
[quote name='GameStop.com']Upgrade to a new Xbox 360 250GB and receive the trade in values below: OFFER BEGINS 6/17.

*OP EDIT: This covers all current 360 hardware revisions. Look through the FAQ below on what all is need for hardware trade-in. Also multiple console trade-ins toward a new slim will be YMMV.*

• XB360 System w/wireless OR wired controller - $100
  • XB360 Hard Drive 20 GB - $30
  • XB360 Hard Drive 60 GB - $35
  • XB360 Hard Drive 120 GB - $40
  • XB360 Hard Drive 250 GB - $50
  • XB360 Memory Card 64 MB - $10
  • XB360 Memory Card 256 MB - $14
  • XB360 Memory Card 512 MB - $18
  • XB360 Network Adapter Wireless (Microsoft) - $40
  • XB360 Network N Adapter (Disc required) - $50
  • XB360 Controller – Wired (Microsoft) - $20
  • XB360 Controller – Wireless (Microsoft) - $25
*OP EDIT: You will get EDGE bonuses on trade-ins for these accessories but that bonus will be calculated off of the normal base, not the elevated promo price. Doing a data transfer from your old hard drive in-store will be extremely YMMV.*

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Slim Xbox 360, new hardware subject to availability by location. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/17/10 - 7/11/10. [/QUOTE]

Trade 3 games, get an extra $10 Credit. Ends 6/27/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Trade 3 Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games and get a $10 trade bonus.

Games with a trade value of $1 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 06/07/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (End 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a $25 trade bonus on any 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system traded.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer may not be valid in some stores. Offer valid 05/17/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

Guaranteed $25 trade-in value on select games. (Ends 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] $25 trade-in credit guaranteed for over 50 select titles.Click Here for Details.
25guaranteed_btm.jpg
Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/7/10 - 6/27/10. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet: Connecticut, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spincut']I'm still curious too if you have to trade in the cable that came with it (which I may want to keep for now since unlike my pro the slim doesnt seem to come with any HD cable) or just give them any odd AV cable.

Also, with all this excitement over trading in consoles, is it possible GS will turn you away if they're set on consoles, or do they ship them off somewhere anyway?[/QUOTE]
Consoles get shipped off every day during these things. Generally, it goes to the nearest warehouse. The more used consoles stores get but can't hold, the more the website can sell. As for trading it in, I believe any cable will do except HDMI as long as it fits the system.

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']Question guys:

Im guessing theres no problem if i trade in 2 complete 360s towards the new model?

My question though is, what would be the best route in getting my data onto the 250 hdd...ive only got a couple gig on my 360 as its a 20gb hdd, does gamestop do transfers by chance?

Also...for the 100 bucks credit per system, that includes everything including the original controller, and then every wireless controller after is 25 bucks?

Just want to get it all straight here.[/QUOTE]

To receive your $100 GS credit, trade in these:
360 system
power brick
A/V cables
wired/wireless controller

Extra accessories would qualify as additional credit:
XX GB hard drive(s)
wired/wireless controller(s)
memory card(s)

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']Question guys:

Im guessing theres no problem if i trade in 2 complete 360s towards the new model?

My question though is, what would be the best route in getting my data onto the 250 hdd...ive only got a couple gig on my 360 as its a 20gb hdd, does gamestop do transfers by chance?

Also...for the 100 bucks credit per system, that includes everything including the original controller, and then every wireless controller after is 25 bucks?

Just want to get it all straight here.[/QUOTE]

GameStop's don't do the transfer for you, so you would have to use the transfer cable method or USB drive method.

The GameStop memo said that all the 360 accessories will only get the extra trade in credit if they are traded in at the time of the purchase of the new system, however, Hard Drives (such as your 20gig) are allowed to be traded in within 7 days of purchase and still get the bonus value (granted you keep the receipt to show proof of purchase). The employee is suppose to type in some EBC code to give the extra credit for the HDD traded in after the new system purchase.

Here are your options about transferring your data:

1. Use a USB Thumb Drive (up to 16gb allowed), and just transfer your saves with that, and then re-download all your videos, XBLA games, map packs, etc since they are 'linked' to your gamertag. However, after re-downloading them on the new console, you will need to request a license transfer with Microsoft on your DLC items. Otherwise, if you don't then you will be required to be signed into XBOX Live every time you want to use your DLC on that new console.

Keep in mind, I think some saves are not transferable with a USB Drive, and you would need to do option 2 (see below). Mass Effect (1&2) comes to mind, because I tried to back up all my saves when they allowed the use of USB drives, and that was one of the games that I was unable to transfer.

2. Pick up the XBOX 360 transfer cable (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78160) for $19.99. This will allow you to just directly transfer everything on your current 20gig hard drive into the new 250gig HD from the new console.

The cable can be used multiple times, so if you know someone who owns the cable, then just borrow it. This is the same cable that was used with the older Elite systems back then. I think you will have to do the license transfer with your content if you use a transfer cable as well

So, basically

1. Trade in your 360 System, and any of the accessories on that list except the hard drive to purchase the new 250gig system
2. Go home and use a USB drive, or buy the Transfer cable
3. Transfer the data over from your HDD to the new system using the USB drive or cable
4. Go back to the store and trade in hard drive, and show your receipt of your system trade in to get the new system
5. Employee should type in some code to give you the extra credit for the hard drive

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm probably selling my extra 360 for 120 on craigslist. But I'm not putting the money towards a slim...more towards an iPhone 4. It's a better upgrade hardware-wise from a 3G than a 360 to a 360 Slim :lol:

[quote name='Unaki']Consoles get shipped off every day during these things. Generally, it goes to the nearest warehouse. The more used consoles stores get but can't hold, the more the website can sell. As for trading it in, I believe any cable will do except HDMI as long as it fits the system.[/QUOTE]

I guess it just seems like they might be stockpiling a lot of used systems, but I guess if they don't care I don't care :p , and if people actually still want to buy old launch level pros with out HDMI, they can be my guest.

Yeah, so I can keep the likely more expensive HD component cable my Pro came with I may want to give them something else....

You think if I just asked them what their cheapest used Xbox360 cable was in the store (maybe non-microsoft brand composite), that they would sell it to me and let me just give it to them in the trade in :p ?

[quote name='rjcc']When you trade in controllers, do you need the little AA battery case? I have no idea where mine are.[/QUOTE]
Yes because thats the only way the batteris provide power to the controller.

I wonder if GS would let me trade in 2 120 GB HDDs and still get the bonus. Say I trade in my extra reformatted(MS branded) drive, then go back after I make my transfer with my current drive and still get credit. It seems like i'd be pulling a fast one on them if i want to just "bring in more stuff after the fact". I suppose I could see about just trading in both after I initally buy the slim.

Any thoughts? I understand you have seven days for "a" or "one" hdd, I just assume that they may not take two. Or from what i read from tenzor's post, i could keep bringing in more stuff anyway?

I'm hearing from multiple GameStops they are only getting 4 in on Friday.

I really don't want to camp out for this thing, maybe I'll go an hour before or so.

I'm thinking about doing the $100 Xbox trade in towards the new model but have one concern. Would I be able to trade in my original wireless controller? The thumbsticks are pretty worn and the battery pack has a small broken part so it has to be taped to stay closed. Other than that, it works great. Can I still trade that in?

[quote name='Thorgouge']I'm thinking about doing the $100 Xbox trade in towards the new model but have one concern. Would I be able to trade in my original wireless controller? The thumbsticks are pretty worn and the battery pack has a small broken part so it has to be taped to stay closed. Other than that, it works great. Can I still trade that in?[/QUOTE]

I think that's YMMV depending on who is doing the trade in. They might charge a refurb fee for physical damage.

I'll probably trade up to get the Slim, but it almost feels silly considering I picked up the Spring bundle a couple months ago. It's hard to say no when I can just use credit and still have some leftover though.

[quote name='UberSwiss']I think that's YMMV depending on who is doing the trade in. They might charge a refurb fee for physical damage.

I'll probably trade up to get the Slim, but it almost feels silly considering I picked up the Spring bundle a couple months ago. It's hard to say no when I can just use credit and still have some leftover though.[/QUOTE]
They do take controllers if the little bitty nubs on the thumbsticks are worn down from use though right?

What is a refurb fee? Is that only something they charge you if it's damaged or if you're trading it in for store credit not against a new purchase?

[quote name='spincut']What is a refurb fee? Is that only something they charge you if it's damaged or if you're trading it in for store credit not against a new purchase?[/QUOTE]
Its when you trade something damaged in. They take the fee out of your total value.

[quote name='Unaki']Its when you trade something damaged in. They take the fee out of your total value.[/QUOTE]
And they have gotten very picky on the condition of discs.

Should I be trusting that tracker on the website for the slim since it's so new? I popped my zipcode in and no stock for 100 miles.

I'd call but it's 6:40am lol.

[quote name='philmcfly']Should I be trusting that tracker on the website for the slim since it's so new? I popped my zipcode in and no stock for 100 miles.

I'd call but it's 6:40am lol.[/QUOTE]
It wont update until all the stores get their first shipments entered into the inventory.

6/15 Trade ins:

XBOX 360
System w/ Wireless Controller: 60.00
Wireless Controller: 12.75
Wired Headset: 5.00
Intercooler: 1.00
Ethernet Cable: 0.65

GAMECUBE
Console: 10.00
Wireless Controller: 5.75
3rd Party Controller: 3.50
Nintendo Controller: 5.25
Gamecube to GBA Link Cable: 0.30
GameBoy Player: 2.00
S-Video Cable: 1.25
1019 Block Memory: 5.50

Maybe a stupid question but will they take a refurbished xbox system that Microsoft sends you when you get E74 or does it have to have been never sent in for repair?

[quote name='Bawse']Maybe a stupid question but will they take a refurbished xbox system that Microsoft sends you when you get E74 or does it have to have been never sent in for repair?[/QUOTE]
Are there signs of the case being opened? Microsoft's repair centers have tools that are built to remove it. If its opened by microsoft, it should be good. The worst that can happen is you get turned down.

And no, it has no cable. Otherwise they wouldn't sell the cable for $20 :p

Does anybody know how the redownloading of disc-based content works(i.e. Fall 3 Expansion Packs) can you just redownload those from the marketplace for free? Or do you have to track the discs down again to do it? Also how does it work for any Guitar hero or Rock band games you have imported to your system?

Why do you have Stanley!?

Anyways, disc based content has to be re-downloaded from the disc. The xbox doesnt recognize disc vs digital content

[quote name='Unaki']Are there signs of the case being opened? Microsoft's repair centers have tools that are built to remove it. If its opened by microsoft, it should be good. The worst that can happen is you get turned down.

And no, it has no cable. Otherwise they wouldn't sell the cable for $20 :p[/QUOTE]

Hasn't been opened but where it usually says manufacture date on the back it says service date instead. Maybe im just thinking too hard about it lol. Thanks

So if i trade in the following

System w/ wired controller - $100
20 GB HDD - $30
120 GB HDD - $40
Wireless G Adaptor - $40

That would be $210 or $231 after edge card? I'm pretty tempted. Would have to keep my 120 GB HD, transfer data, then bring it in and trade it in afterwards for credit.

[quote name='Unaki']Why do you have Stanley!?

[/QUOTE]

That's Bill Guerin of the Pittsburgh Penguins. The greatest hockey team in the world! (They just hit a minor speed bump this year, but will return to the top next year!)

back to the regular thread though. I'm seriously thinking about doing the trade up deal for the slim. I have a old 20GB Pro that I changed out the HD to 120GB a while back. So the console, plus 120 GB drive, wireless controller, and the 512 MB card that I have can get me to 191.30 after Edge on the accessories. I can throw in a few games from the guaranteed $25 trade in and get the upgrade for pretty cheap.

My only issue is with the transfer. Having to trade my drive in up front prevents me from transferring all of my RB songs and everything else. I don't really want to have to download it all again. Plus, I'm not sure how it would work for the RB exports, like from the AC/DC track pack.

Edit - I suppose I could use a usb drive to back up a majority of it.

[quote name='Brian9824']So if i trade in the following

20 GB HDD - $30
120 GB HDD - $40
Wireless G Adaptor - $40

That would be $210 or $231 after edge card? I'm pretty tempted. Would have to keep my 120 GB HD, transfer data, then bring it in and trade it in afterwards for credit.[/QUOTE]

Your Edge calculation is incorrect. First off, EDGE would be calculated off base prices, not the promo prices. Secondly, EDGE doesn't add 10% to systems, only accessories. You're probably going to get an extra 6-7 bucks from EDGE, not the 21 you initially thought.

Ahh forgot it doesnt apply to consoles.. Hmm i'll probably just pass and get a slim later. Mine works fine and knowing Microsoft its probably safter to not trust there first line of new consoles.

[quote name='Brian9824']So if i trade in the following

20 GB HDD - $30
120 GB HDD - $40
Wireless G Adaptor - $40

That would be $210 or $231 after edge card? I'm pretty tempted. Would have to keep my 120 GB HD, transfer data, then bring it in and trade it in afterwards for credit.[/QUOTE]

See, I really want to do this as well (minus the 20 GB HDD), but I just transferred my licenses back in January so I've got 6 months until I can do it again, but I guess if I'm on Live enough, that doesn't mean shit, so I might as well do it.

I wonder how fast the slims will go. I am tempted to do some trading to get one (if the trade in starts thursday), but I won't be able to go 'til after work. Hm

I honestly think a lot of people are being 'greedy' with these new "Slims." If you have a console that works fine, why not be content with it?

My Halo Ed. console E74'd Sept. last year and the next day I went to BB and bought a Jasper arcade.

That's been working fine ever since, so I see no real need to upgrade to a system that just looks...sleeker? My 120 gb HDD serves me fine, as does my controller or whatever else I use.

The only upside I see to this is that if perhaps my console does conk out anytime soon, or within the next few months, chances are i could score an Elite bundle with the ODST/Forza 3 or SC:Conviction bundle for super cheap from stores doing "cleanouts" of their old stuff :D

That is very tempting....trading in a system and 120 hd for $140. But I too would want to transfer the data over first. And I'd rather have the 140 taken off the 300 than dish out the cash.

Some people must have the newest things. We all know people that are like this.

Some are in the market for one anyway because their current one might be on it's last legs.

Some people don't have a 360, so why not get the newest one on the market?

At least that is what I gather from reading through various posts in various threads on this board.

[quote name='jcp42877']I honestly think a lot of people are being 'greedy' with these new "Slims." If you have a console that works fine, why not be content with it?

My Halo Ed. console E74'd Sept. last year and the next day I went to BB and bought a Jasper arcade.

That's been working fine ever since, so I see no real need to upgrade to a system that just looks...sleeker? My 120 gb HDD serves me fine, as does my controller or whatever else I use.

The only upside I see to this is that if perhaps my console does conk out anytime soon, or within the next few months, chances are i could score an Elite bundle with the ODST/Forza 3 or SC:Conviction bundle for super cheap from stores doing "cleanouts" of their old stuff :D[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, but I need a 250 gb hard drive. My 120 is pretty much full. I have like 20 fbs in videos I downloaded of tv shows and such I can delete for more important things like arcade games and dlc, but I already have almost 100 gb of just dlc and arcade games as is.

[quote name='jcp42877']I honestly think a lot of people are being 'greedy' with these new "Slims." If you have a console that works fine, why not be content with it?

The only upside I see to this is that if perhaps my console does conk out anytime soon, or within the next few months, chances are i could score an Elite bundle with the ODST/Forza 3 or SC:Conviction bundle for super cheap from stores doing "cleanouts" of their old stuff :D[/QUOTE]

Because if youre like me and was buying your consoles when your choice was either a 20gb or spend 100 some bucks on a bigger hd, a 250gb hdd is too good to pass up with a decent trade in.

Both my machine were 20gb, and 20gb these days is startin to suck big time so i know for me...this is a must if i want to enjoy any real DL games or content. I can barely get about 4 or 5 demos these days on there at once.

Well it works for some people. I have a 20 GB Pro system that's almost out of its 3 years and has a constantly full hard drive. I'd rather pay the 180 and get a new console then pay to upgrade the drive and then have to buy a console when mine dies.

There are quite a few real reasons to upgrade..It's new, smaller, runs much quieter/cooler, has built-in wi-fi, bigger hard drive than most, more USB ports and also it also has the special port for Kinect. :)

I only have a 20 GB HDD and my girlfriend said my Jasper arcade red ringed temporarily while I was at work over the weekend, so, instead of waiting for it to die, might as well turn it into a positive.

Really for mine the built in wifi is much nicer, larger HD space, etc. I don't even use mine for netflix that much since the console is so loud compared to my PS3.

I think your missing the point. If I trade in my out of warranty 360 ( my third one ) I'm getting rid of it before it dies again and have to buy a new one anyways and getting $100 for it. Buying the new slim gets me a new console with a new warranty and I'm willing to bet they built the slim to last. If they have another rrod breakout from the slim than I will be done with microsoft consoles for good. I wouldn't be as interested in getting a slim if I couldn't get $100 for my old jet engine 360.

[quote name='svtcobrastang1984']I think your missing the point. If I trade in my out of warranty 360 ( my third one ) I'm getting rid of it before it dies again and have to buy a new one anyways and getting $100 for it. Buying the new slim gets me a new console with a new warranty and I'm willing to bet they built the slim to last. If they have another rrod breakout from the slim than I will be done with microsoft consoles for good. I wouldn't be as interested in getting a slim if I couldn't get $100 for my old jet engine 360.[/QUOTE]

Same reason i'm doing it. Plus if for some crazy reason XBOX does have defects like the e74 again, at least I know they were pretty good at covering the old systems, so a 1 year warranty can turn into something longer. (THAT IS IF THE PROBLEM COMES UP, I honestly don't think it will)

I traded in my 3+ year old system and bought a new Arcade with the $50 GC, getting a new system with a brand new warranty and 2 games for like 20 bucks after factoring the GC is a good deal if you ask me. Not to mention I have 90 days return policy at Target in case I find a better deal.

I'm sure some of these have been answered but I'll tag them all at once.
[quote name='w00dm4n']Do the xbox 360 slims have to be in stock for the deal???

the one i work by said they were only getting 4 systems in[/QUOTE]
They will have to be in-stock. The promo will only activate when they hit total with a slim in the purchase list.
[quote name='monogoat']I don't know which page the new slim deal started so I'll just ask, would I be able to trade multiple 360 consoles toward a slim? If I had 3 consoles, for instance, could I trade them all and get a new slim without any change out of pocket, or is it limited to one? Obviously multiple transactions would not work since it has to be traded towards the slim.[/QUOTE]
We are unsure if this would work yet. Wont really know until someone tries. Last few times they've had a promo similar to this, it was YMMV on getting it to work. I do remember people mentioning a manager had to over-ride it manually.
[quote name='zealous reaper']My gamestop didn't really seem to know about the hardware and accessory trade ins going towards the slim. They said to bring in a print out, and since I didn't get an email, could someone upload it for me? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
All stores should have gotten the email and it'll be on their website probably around midday today.
[quote name='CrossFireXT17']hey guys.... what about 3rd party wired controllers??? Do they still qualify? I have the MAdCatz NFL 360 controller and thining about trading it in... guess it prob doesn't qualify though? I guess I could still trade it in though...[/QUOTE]
I'm fairly certain it has to be a first part controller. I could be wrong on that though.
[quote name='bigant262']Anyone know if edge will stack with the new TiV of the accessories??[/QUOTE]
EDGE will stack with the promo, but only off the base prices, not off the higher values.
[quote name='mig029']can i give them a vga cable instead of the av cables[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure they will not take the VGA cables as the cable set since not every TV has that kind of connector.
[quote name='Unaki']Never done a console trade deal before. I have the base system, an HDD, 4 controllers (No one ever comes over and my systems never leave my house so why not get rid of them?) and 3 games (Each on the $25 list).

Will the $25 hardware bonus stack with the extra TIV of the system and will it stack with the trade 3 games get $10?[/QUOTE]
Your best bet is to trade in the games before hand on a separate transaction just to avoid any potential problems.
[quote name='mcdaking84']does anyone know if the new 360 comes with a transfer cable?[/QUOTE]
Does not, but they will be selling the cables retail for $20 if I remember correctly.

I will be working on updating the TIVs I have here in the next hour or so.

Hmm

Console + Wireless controller = $100
Wireless controller = $25
Wireless adapter = $40
120 gb Hard Drive = $40
Wired headset = $5
=$210

I could trade in some games to cover the rest...tempting but I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back