GameStop TIV & Promos: Old thread. Please check first/last post for new link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7320653

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

360 Slim Trade-Up Promo - $100 Trade-in Credit Toward Slim Purchase.(Ends 7/11/2010)NO PRE-ORDERS, YMMV ON RESERVE LISTS.
NOTE: Currently the promo is not automatically activating on the computers and are requiring manual input. This will allow for extra credit through EDGE on the accessories and get the $25 hardware bonus on top, putting it at $125, if the employee doesn't remove it like they were supposed to. This will be fixed so take advantage while you can.
[quote name='GameStop.com']Upgrade to a new Xbox 360 250GB and receive the trade in values below: OFFER BEGINS 6/17.

*OP EDIT: This covers all current 360 hardware revisions. Look through the FAQ below on what all is need for hardware trade-in. Also multiple console trade-ins toward a new slim will be YMMV.*

• XB360 System w/wireless OR wired controller - $100
  • XB360 Hard Drive 20 GB - $30
  • XB360 Hard Drive 60 GB - $35
  • XB360 Hard Drive 120 GB - $40
  • XB360 Hard Drive 250 GB - $50
  • XB360 Memory Card 64 MB - $10
  • XB360 Memory Card 256 MB - $14
  • XB360 Memory Card 512 MB - $18
  • XB360 Network Adapter Wireless (Microsoft) - $40
  • XB360 Network N Adapter (Disc required) - $50
  • XB360 Controller – Wired (Microsoft) - $20
  • XB360 Controller – Wireless (Microsoft) - $25
*OP EDIT: You will get EDGE bonuses on trade-ins for these accessories but that bonus will be calculated off of the normal base, not the elevated promo price. Doing a data transfer from your old hard drive in-store will be extremely YMMV.*

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Slim Xbox 360, new hardware subject to availability by location. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/17/10 - 7/11/10. [/QUOTE]

Trade 3 games, get an extra $10 Credit. Ends 6/27/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Trade 3 Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games and get a $10 trade bonus.

Games with a trade value of $1 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 06/07/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (End 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a $25 trade bonus on any 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system traded.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer may not be valid in some stores. Offer valid 05/17/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

Guaranteed $25 trade-in value on select games. (Ends 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] $25 trade-in credit guaranteed for over 50 select titles.Click Here for Details.
25guaranteed_btm.jpg
Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/7/10 - 6/27/10. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet: Connecticut, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kataztrophik']You get 30 bucks for the 20gb HDD, so you would get 170, or 173.60 I believe with EDGe[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks! So pretty much it's $100 for the system + cords + controller, and then piecemeal for any other parts you are adding in (HDs, adapters, or other controllers).

Just so you guys know, you can trade in any controller with the system as long as it is Microsoft brand (The special retailer versions controllers like special skinned ones from walmart or the halo designs are microsoft made)

[quote name='sgaldis']I've got a controller that I only use a rechargeable battery and play and charge on. Do you think they would take that?[/QUOTE]

I did that a when I traded my old 360 back in March. The only catch is that you need to have the play and charge cord to go along with it.

Cool. Thanks for the quick response. I'm trying to piece together all of the extra gear I have laying around to take advantage of the increased TIV's towards the slim. Believe it or not, I've found (so far) 5 wireless 360 controllers I will probably trade in...

[quote name='lllGurulll']That would be considered a dual shock controller to them. All Dual Shocks have sixaxis. Some just don't say it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply.

Can I trade in 2 xboxes for this deal?
Plan

2 Xbox pro = $200
20gb = $30
60gb = $35
=265+cash and then buy a slim? Will this work?

No it will not work, they can only take one system on the trade, but you can trade the other system and get 85 for it after the 25 buck bonus so you would be looking at 250 instead of 265

[quote name='haru3173']Can I trade in 2 xboxes for this deal?
Plan

2 Xbox pro = $200
20gb = $30
60gb = $35
=265+cash and then buy a slim? Will this work?[/QUOTE]
The popular opinion on that is your mileage may vary and it will most likely require a manager override for it to work. Just depends on what your local GS will be willing to do for you.

[quote name='Jbellvil64']No it will not work, they can only take one system on the trade, but you can trade the other system and get 85 for it after the 25 buck bonus so you would be looking at 250 instead of 265[/QUOTE]Or this.;)

Hardware must have all necessary components for trade.Does that include the hard drive?

[quote name='aihuman']Hardware must have all necessary components for trade.Does that include the hard drive?[/QUOTE]

nope. You get extra money for the hard drive.

[quote name='aihuman']Hardware must have all necessary components for trade.Does that include the hard drive?[/QUOTE]
I wanna know if its the component cables, because i bought the hdmi cables, and don't wanna use the component cables that the system will be coming with. Ugh....maybe i'll have to buy a set or something. If i trade my system the swap cost would be

Xbox with wireless controller 100
Wireless Adapter G 40
Hard Drive 250 50
Memory Card 64 10

I don't mine a 100 dollar push on the amount. I just wanna know when i'll be able to commit to this trade.

lol im gonna let the fires cool for a week and try to go next weekend to get one or maybe after that, seems like its just going to be crazy, and if I don't oh well, noth of my 360's still work for now

These questions have been answered already.

They don't require a hard drive for trade-in of a console since there are so many versions of it.

As for the in-stock question...MAYBE. If you call gamestops all over the country you will get "Possibly by Friday" which basically mean that until Friday, YMMV

wow for a site with for a bunch of people who are cheapass there sure are a lot of people willing to spend $200 after trade in for something that does that exact same thing as something they already own

[quote name='el swordo']wow for a site with for a bunch of people who are cheapass there sure are a lot of people willing to spend $200 after trade in for something that does that exact same thing as something they already own[/QUOTE]

It's worth it to not have a jet engine taking off in my room.

EDIT:

I bought one of the pros that came with the component hybrid cables. Do you think they'd let me give them the composite cable out of the new 360 S instead? I don't want to have to buy a set of components if I already have one :/

yeah i guess if you watch movies on your 360. i install all games on my harddrive and if the volume to decent level i can't hear it. i use my ps3 for movies anyway for how well it upscales dvds. don't get me wrong i want one but at $200 after trades i would rather put the money towards a 3ds or wii.

[quote name='el swordo']wow for a site with for a bunch of people who are cheapass there sure are a lot of people willing to spend $200 after trade in for something that does that exact same thing as something they already own[/QUOTE]
Leave right now please. This thread is for the discussion of trades and trade-in values. Do not come in here attempting to flame people for their actions. JP has already refreshed everyone on the rules.

Most of us are paying less than $100 from what I've been following...
For example mine will be:
Xbox 360 w/ wireless controller - $100
120gb hdd - $40
Wifi adapter (G) - $40
Wireless Controller - $25
256MB Memory card - $14
Total: $219

yeah if i could pay $80 like you i probably would. too bad i don't have any of those extras. i took apart my 20gb hdd and put a 250gb drive in instead. i use a madcatz wireless adaptor and don't think gamestop would give me much. oh well i don't really play my 360 much anymore.

As some have already stated, most people will probably be paying more like $100. With all the items I have, It will probably be around $95 but I also have $70 in credit from the extra 50% on games from a week ago. There are also plenty of us that still have one from the original batch that would like to upgrade. I have a 20GB model with no HDMI and is now out of warrenty. I've already gotten the RROD once and would love to get a new warranty, HDMI and a much larger hard drive for less than the cost of a larger hard drive. The only thing I'm going to lose out on with this deal is an extra controller and a few games I already beat.

So I called GS to check on my order for a new system yesterday (yes I caved) and the lady told me that even though it said verifying it was on backorder with no known ship date. According to her they had gotten 39,000 units and sold them all which seems a bit far fetched as that would be $11.7 million in sales. Not only that but at the my local Gamestop the employees said theyre putting what they get in on hold for themselves. Gotta love it haha.

[quote name='bucksatan']as some have already stated, most people will probably be paying more like $100. With all the items i have, it will probably be around $95 but i also have $70 in credit from the extra 50% on games from a week ago. There are also plenty of us that still have one from the original batch that would like to upgrade. I have a 20gb model with no hdmi and is now out of warrenty. I've already gotten the rrod once and would love to get a new warranty, hdmi and a much larger hard drive for less than the cost of a larger hard drive. The only thing i'm going to lose out on with this deal is an extra controller and a few games i already beat.[/quote]
Couldn't have said it better myself!

I usually hate GameStop, but I don't think this trade-in deal is bad at all... I can't wait to trade in the gross refurbished unit Microsoft sent me last month.

No go by me. I just called a handful of stores to see if they have any and all had the same "we have not received them yet" response. They all said they were hoping to getting them by Friday.

doesnt gamestop usually receive their shipments around noonish? is it possible that they wont be there now, but in a few hours? would they start selling something that they get today?

$100 for my console + controller and $30 for my HDD and $20 for a second controller gets me to $150. So the new 360 will be $150 cash after trading in that stuff. It is tempting for sure.

I also have a bunch of games I could trade in as well and about $50 in giftcards so I'm looking at under $100 out of pocket for the new console. I currently only have a 2GB HDD so it's probably worth it just for the upgrade to 250GB.

[quote name='themightypencil']doesnt gamestop usually receive their shipments around noonish? is it possible that they wont be there now, but in a few hours? would they start selling something that they get today?[/QUOTE]

Depends where that particular Gamestop is on the UPS driver's route. At my old job we got UPS anywhere between 10am and 1pm.

And yes, they can sell stuff the same day it arrives.

Yeah, these are coming by Fed Ex or UPS so usually between noon and 2 pm. If they get them today, they will sell them today. They are not getting a shipment at 8 pm tonight and keeping them for opening tomorrow.

Anybody that tried to track down a Wii Fit last year knows how this is going to be. You show up around noon, they say not in yet. You come back at 1 pm and they say they got 4 in and they were gone in 5 minutes. Good luck everybody.

Waiting inside my local gamestop now. I was told they are getting in 4 and that the skus are now in the system which means good chance some Gamestops get them in today... Looks like me and my friend will be #1 and #2.

I was also told Gamestop has no idea if, when, and how many additional units will be shipped after the first batch. GO NAO!!!

Waiting inside my local gamestop now. I was told they are getting in 4 and that the skus are now in the system which means good chance some Gamestops get them in today... Looks like me and my friend will be #1 and #2.

I was also told Gamestop has no idea if, when, and how many additional units will be shipped after the first batch. GO NAO!!!

FYI: Christiana Mall Gamestop (Delaware). I was the first customer this morning. They did not know anything about this promotion. They called several stores and finally someone told them that they cannot do the promotion unless they had systems in since they are not taking reserves (which is apparently any Gamestop in the Delaware area)...which no Gamestop as of this morning had any. So they are supposed to call me as soon as they get them in.

was loading slower than normal for me this morning.

on another note called gamestop to see if they would be getting in any new model 360's guy told me around x-mas...and then said they don't have a date in the system ugh gonna be a ruff next couple of weeks :bomb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back