GameStop TIV/Promos Thread XX: Old thread, new thread in first/last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD LOCATED HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316500-gamestop-tivpromos-thread-xxi-3-extra-on-every-game-2-and-higher-when-trading-in-3-or-more-games-kindle-cards-come-back/

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system. I may not always know it.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% extra credit on trade *WITH COUPON FROM RENEWING POWERUP PRO ONLY* (Ends 6/30, close of business)
GameStop.com said:
GameStop currently has a promotion where when you get a new or renew your PowerUp Rewards Pro you are getting a coupon for 50% on a trade done with that coupon. Works on games and hardware.

"50% extra in-store credit for every item you trade

Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend with or without notice. Expires 7/31/13
"

30% extra credit towards select products. (Ends 7/14/13)
GameStop.com said:
30% extra in-store credit when you trade any games, accessories, systems, smart phones, tablets and more toward:

• SOL Republic headphones
  • Nexus 7 32GB
  • Net-10
  • NCAA Football 14
  • Pikmin 3
  • Disney Infinity
  • Saints Row IV
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  • Madden NFL 25
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • FIFA 14
  • Battlefield 4

$3 extra on every game $2 and higher when trading in 3 or more (Ends 7/14/13)
GameStop.com said:
Get $3 extra in-store for every game you trade, when you trade 3 or more games.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Trade 2 eligible games get new game for $9.99 (Ends 7/14/13)
GameStop.com said:
Get any new game valued at $59.99 for $9.99 when you trade in 2 eligible games:
Army of Two Devil's Cartel
BioShock Infinite
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Dead Island Riptide
Defiance
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
FIFA Soccer 13
Fire Emblem Awakening
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Gears of War: Judgment
God of War: Ascension
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
LEGO City: Undercover
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Major League Baseball 2K13
Mario Party 9
Mass Effect Trilogy
Metroid Prime Trilogy
MLB 13: The Show
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
NHL 13
Ni No Kuni:Wrath of the White Witch
One Piece Unlimited Adventure
Pokemon HeartGold
Pokemon SoulSilver
Star Trek
Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition
Super Mario Bros, New 2
Super Mario Bros. New
Super Mario Bros. New U
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Tales of Graces f
Tiger Woods 14
WWE 13
Xenoblade Chronicles
Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

*Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Net credit after promotion is $50.00 or greater, and must be applied toward the purchase of a new game priced $59.98 or higher. If applicable, excess credit remaining after purchase will be returned to the customer in the form of in-store credit. After promotion, cost to the customer will be $9.99 before tax, where applicable, for games priced at $59.99. Customer is responsible for any additional cost when purchasing games priced over $59.99. Eligible games must be traded in the same transaction as the purchase of an eligible new game. Not valid toward cash trades. Offer valid only when eligible items are traded. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, Old thread links don't work,,,,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the PowerUp Rewards card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your PowerUp Rewards card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60. No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
May or May Not Charge, Depending Upon County: Florida,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I need to step away from the computer for a while, working on updating lists and I swore my list said Raper Mario.

[quote name='Dranakin']Dang, I just renewed PUR but apparently also too early, as I didn't get a 50% bonus.

EDIT: Just noticed that the 30% promo applies to smartphones. So if the site lists $175 as the 'like new' value, I should be getting $227.5 towards something on the eligible list?[/QUOTE]
Even better:

Get 40% Extra in-store credit when you trade your Smart Phones, Media Players and Tablets. Valid 5/01/13 - 6/02/13

3DS
Resident Evil Revelations - $5

PS3
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - $17
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - $12
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - $11

Well my GS didn't have any Kindle Cards so I decided to hold onto these and see what I can get at BB when the 100% bonus comes back.

:ps3:Black Ops 2 - $22

:ps3:Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - $12

:ds:Kirby Mass Attack - $5

JP, I personally would like to take the time to thank you. You have put your effort and time into this thread. If you did not do so, then we would not know when to score the best deals at gamestop. Thank you.

[quote name='JP']Updated lists and database.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Well my GS didn't have any Kindle Cards so I decided to hold onto these and see what I can get at BB when the 100% bonus comes back.

:ps3:Black Ops 2 - $22

:ps3:Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - $12

:ds:Kirby Mass Attack - $5[/QUOTE]

Well, as it stand right now with the aforementioned 100% figured in:

Black Ops 2: $36

MGS HD: $12

Kirby: $6

I highly doubt the values will hold for the 100% tho.

PS3

Ratchet & Clank Collection - 11
Saint's Row the Third - 13
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale - 14

Xbox 360

Black Ops 2 - 22
DMC - 14
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 - 19
Tomb Raider - 16

[quote name='c4confused']PS3

Ratchet & Clank Collection - 11
Saint's Row the Third - 13
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale - 14

Xbox 360

Black Ops 2 - 22
DMC - 14
Tomb Raider - 16[/QUOTE]

wow, Saint's Row the Third for the PS3 went up a dollar? Traded mine in when it was $12 a couple of days ago. =/

:360:

Child of Eden - 4

:ps3:
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - 4.50
WWE All Stars - 7.50
Darksiders - 5
Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions - 9
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - 10

:wii:
Donkey Kong Country Returns - 10

Total after bonus - 90.00...189.90 towards my PS4 so far.

Wanted to put down a preorder on the disc version of New Super Luigi U but oddly GS doesn't have it on the website or in the system yet.

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']JP, I personally would like to take the time to thank you. You have put your effort and time into this thread. If you did not do so, then we would not know when to score the best deals at gamestop. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

this x infinite

he deserves many internet cookies and pictures of cats.

[quote name='c4confused']
[/QUOTE]

Amazon woulda given $35, always useful to check around before trading in certain newer/higher valued item's.

5/30 phone quotes
Zelda ocarina of time 3ds- 16
Fire emblem 3ds- 16
Payed 20 for each and sadly I can only break even or turn a small profit

** All base TIVs as of 5/30/2013:

(PS3)
Aliens: Colonial Marines - $8.00
James Bond: 007 Legends - $12.00
Mass Effect Trilogy - $15.00 (I didn't trade it in, but had the store scan it for look-up)
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City - $3.50
Walking Dead: Survival Instinct - $10.00

(PS Vita)
Little Deviants - $2.50
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen - $5.00
Silent Hill: Book of Memories - $7.00

(Wii)
Pikmin 2 - $7.00

(Wii U)
Fifa Soccer 13 - $11.00

[quote name='Miami Flash15']I went to two Gamestop's and the base value for the 360 wireless controller was $17 although their website states $24.05 before any promos.[/QUOTE]
Looks like you missed the fine print. Store Credit Up To*

* Values include current promotional offers, and are subject to change at any time. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Hardware must have all necessary components. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trades subject to manager approval. See store for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. Offer may be modified or ended without notice.

5/30

Assassin's Creed - $4
Bioshock - $5
Dead Space 3 - $14
Kinectimals - $7.50
Prototype 2 - $7.50
Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2 - $5

Prototype 2 - $8

Total came out to $91.10 after $35 and 10% PUR bonuses.

[quote name='Miami Flash15']I went to two Gamestop's and the base value for the 360 wireless controller was $17 although their website states $24.05 before any promos.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure its obviously after promos

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Pretty sure its obviously after promos[/QUOTE]

Nope, $17 base + their 30% bonus would be $22.XX unless my math is wrong...

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Is the 50% coupon offer still going on? Would go renew so I can trade in my 3ds if so.[/QUOTE]

I renewed a couple days ago and got it. I've stopped trading in games for a while now, but doubling what I paid for Pokemon Black 2 is tempting. Wish I'd beaten it though:whistle2:k

I dunno if it was mentioned, but there is a $3 minimum to qualify for the promo now. I was always a GS apologist, but not anymore. This time was especially awful, and it's mostly due to the clientele. My PUR expired, and hell no I'm not going to renew. If anything I'd do it at BBY, but even there seems like a waste of $15 if you are a pc gamer.

Anyway:

Wii

Raving Rabbids 2- $2

PS3

GOW Collection- 3
MOH Warfighter- 5
UFC Undisputed 3- 12

NCAA Football 12- 4
Rage- 1.50
Dance Central- 2.5
Charge Kit- 4
Wireless Controller-17
Data Transfer Cable-7

Vita

Madden 13- 11

Totaled out to 89 after promo, and got a $25 kindle card. Gonna be happy to be done with GS.

Base trade-in values as of 5/29/13.

Resident evil 6 - 7
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - 5
Dungeon Siege III - 5
Dead Island - 5
Simpsons: The Game - 8
Need for Speed: The Run - 4.50
Saints Row 2 - 7
Plants versus Zombies - 7
Anarchy Reigns - 7
Syndicate - 5
Battlefield 3 - 5
Tekken 6 - 5

Tekken Hybrid - 5
Devil May Cry 4 - 3

:Wii U:
Nintendoland - 5

After bonuses ending up getting 155.75. Thanks to CAG a lot of the games I got more than I paid, lol. When I get the 50% coupon, going to trade a good 30 games so I can preorder either the Xbox One or PS4.

[quote name='r00kie']:ps3:
Orange Box - 12
[/QUOTE]

wow pretty surprised to see the Orange box have a $12 value since its pretty old. Probably will trade in my orange box for the 360 just so I can get the bonus for trading in 5 games.

[quote name='super marioPS2']wow pretty surprised to see the Orange box have a $12 value since its pretty old. Probably will trade in my orange box for the 360 just so I can get the bonus for trading in 5 games.[/QUOTE]

From my understanding, it's still pretty popular and hard-to-find.

It was actually one of the first games I ever picked up, not knowing anything about HL2. It was collecting dust until a friend took it out and started playing Portal.

[quote name='monsterfracas']Does Gamestop take damaged controllers? I have an old 360 controller with one of the sticks torn up.[/QUOTE]

afaik they don't

[quote name='Miami Flash15']Nope, $17 base + their 30% bonus would be $22.XX unless my math is wrong...[/QUOTE]

Don't know but coincidently i traded a 360 wireless a few days ago and got 24-25$ i think not anywhere below that do not know if the value on controller change this week

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Don't know but coincidently i traded a 360 wireless a few days ago and got 24-25$ i think not anywhere below that do not know if the value on controller change this week[/QUOTE]

It said active as of 5/30. She had said it's based on inventory and how many in-stock the locations have.

Oh well :\

5/30 Base TiVs

COD Black Ops: $6
Fist of the North Star: $3
Mass Effect 3: $4
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe: $6
Silent Hill Homecoming: $5

Wii

Okami: $5
Resident Evil 4: $4

3DS

New Super Mario Bros 2: $15

DS

New Super Mario Bros: $10

PS3

Burnout Paradise: $4
God of War Origins Collection: $6.50
Little Big Planet 2: $4.50
Mortal Kombat: $4
Resistance 3: $4
SoulCalibur V: $6

That's the last batch i'm doing for trade ins - i'm done. Between the 50% TiV coupon and the trade 7 for an extra $35 promo, i've cleared out a nice chunk of my current gen games (40+ eliminated, with some Blockbuster B1G1 flips added for flavor), most for close to my initial investment.

Over the last week and a half of trading to various Gamestops, I managed to pick up complete copies of Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Magna Carta 2, Beautiful Katamari, Rune Factory: ToD, Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 and Dragonball Raging Blast 2 while still being up $500 credit at GS with $200 in Kindle cards.

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']JP, I personally would like to take the time to thank you. You have put your effort and time into this thread. If you did not do so, then we would not know when to score the best deals at gamestop. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

+1 :applause:

Seriously, this is a fantastic resource and I sincerely appreciate the effort to keep it updated daily. If this thread didn't exist, I probably wouldn't have even bothered trading anything to GS at all.

^for some reason it's saving it this way when I type it on my phone. Side note...has anyone been blocked from using the B-Day coupon? Even though the total came out to the right amount, she said that it wouldn't let her finish the transaction with the coupon...."it is saying it won't let me use the coupon". I think she doesn't know what she is talking about as I am always having trouble with this chick. And she was the only one there. Needless to say I left the game and picked up kindle cards instead.

Base Values:

:360: Kinect Sports $5
:360: GTAIV (regular vanilla) $8
:360: Shift 2 $3
:360: Forza 4 Essentials $8
:360: Akai Katana $3
:ps3: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit $4.50
:ps3: MK vs. DC Universe $5

Came out to $75.xx after bonus + PUR. An insane amount of credit...for games that I paid 30 bucks for. I literally just bought akai katana from them for 3 bucks like 2 months ago lol.

Traded in my iPhone 4 after reading about it some in this thread.
iPhone 4 Base: 178.50
After 40% bonus: 249.90

Bought 250 worth of Amazon credit...

[quote name='karlgaming']Are the kindle cards good for any amazon purchase ?[/QUOTE]

Yes sir. Buy all the diapers you can!

With the 50% coupon applied, would I also get my 10% for being a PUR member? Planning to trade in my 4gb Xbox 360 and other games this weekend. Thanks.

[quote name='Xer07']With the 50% coupon applied, would I also get my 10% for being a PUR member? Planning to trade in my 4gb Xbox 360 and other games this weekend. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

10% from PUR Pro stacks with all promotions/coupons. It does not work on systems, however.

[quote name='Sonne']I dunno if it was mentioned, but there is a $3 minimum to qualify for the promo now. I was always a GS apologist, but not anymore. This time was especially awful, and it's mostly due to the clientele. My PUR expired, and hell no I'm not going to renew. If anything I'd do it at BBY, but even there seems like a waste of $15 if you are a pc gamer.[/QUOTE]

Yep, discussed much. I thought the current deal was pretty useless, too, but I decided to dig a little into my collection and trade in some shelf-sitters that I had to admit I'd never play (and a few that I have on PS+). While a $2 minimum definitely would have been nicer, I managed to get 7 in today and will probably take 1 or 2 more sets in before it ends. With GS having Kindle cards now there's no reason not to trade there if the values are anything close to equivalent with Amazon/Best Buy. And PUR pro, for me, at least, is the best subscription value around. I wish I could get my Best Buy club money (I forget what it is even called any more) back - haven't used it once since renewing in September.

5/30

:wii: Raving Rabbids Travel In Time - $4 (for some reason I had 2 of these - not sure I even need 1!)
:wii: Batman The Brave & The Bold - $4 (got it at a long ago BBV B1G1 but neither me nor my kids will ever play it)
:wii: Sonic & The Secret Rings - $5 (sells for $7 shipped on eBay - definitely better to trade to GS)

:ps3: MX vs. ATV Reflex - $6 (I thought for sure this wouldn't qualify as the last quote in the OP was $7 two years ago - it was another BBV B1G1 game)
:ps3: Dead Space 2 - $5 (another old BBV B1G1 game that I'll never play)
:ps3: Darksiders - $5 (also from BBV B1G1, and I have it on PS+ anyway)
:ps3: Vanquish - $3 (on PS+, and I already beat it)

Did not trade:

:360: Lego Batman - $2.50 (d'oh! - really wanted to unload this one as the last quote from 5/15 was for $3 but oh well)
:ps3: Sonic Unleashed - $5
:ps3: God of War Collection - $3

The latter 2 I brought for extras in case the others didn't qualify and I might use them in my next trade, though I am tempted to keep Sonic Unleashed. Why, I don't know...

All told got $70.20 in Amazon credit (after buying some Kindle cards). Not bad for 7 games that would have eventually ended up buried in a tote in a closet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Xer07']With the 50% coupon applied, would I also get my 10% for being a PUR member? Planning to trade in my 4gb Xbox 360 and other games this weekend. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but 10% does not work on consoles, just games/accessories.

[quote name='sasukekun']Yes, but 10% does not work on consoles, just games/accessories.[/QUOTE]

So just to clarify, the 50% trade in coupon you get with renewing PUR pro also stacks with the 10% but only on games/accessories? I actually didn't think that was possible. That makes my estimated earnings better!

EDIT: Also the coupon is for any items meaning any items that I trade with the coupon will get the 50% bonus or only one? Just wanting to clarify this point before I sign up for PUR pro tomorrow.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']So just to clarify, the 50% trade in coupon you get with renewing PUR pro also stacks with the 10% but only on games/accessories? I actually didn't think that was possible. That makes my estimated earnings better!

EDIT: Also the coupon is for any items meaning any items that I trade with the coupon will get the 50% bonus or only one? Just wanting to clarify this point before I sign up for PUR pro tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard, ya. Been reported in this thread a couple times already. It takes about 24-48 hours for the 50% trade coupon to show up on your account though. It's for the entire single transaction you use the coupon on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back