GameStop TIV/Promos Thread XX: Old thread, new thread in first/last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD LOCATED HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316500-gamestop-tivpromos-thread-xxi-3-extra-on-every-game-2-and-higher-when-trading-in-3-or-more-games-kindle-cards-come-back/

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system. I may not always know it.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% extra credit on trade *WITH COUPON FROM RENEWING POWERUP PRO ONLY* (Ends 6/30, close of business)
GameStop.com said:
GameStop currently has a promotion where when you get a new or renew your PowerUp Rewards Pro you are getting a coupon for 50% on a trade done with that coupon. Works on games and hardware.

"50% extra in-store credit for every item you trade

Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend with or without notice. Expires 7/31/13
"

30% extra credit towards select products. (Ends 7/14/13)
GameStop.com said:
30% extra in-store credit when you trade any games, accessories, systems, smart phones, tablets and more toward:

• SOL Republic headphones
  • Nexus 7 32GB
  • Net-10
  • NCAA Football 14
  • Pikmin 3
  • Disney Infinity
  • Saints Row IV
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  • Madden NFL 25
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • FIFA 14
  • Battlefield 4

$3 extra on every game $2 and higher when trading in 3 or more (Ends 7/14/13)
GameStop.com said:
Get $3 extra in-store for every game you trade, when you trade 3 or more games.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Trade 2 eligible games get new game for $9.99 (Ends 7/14/13)
GameStop.com said:
Get any new game valued at $59.99 for $9.99 when you trade in 2 eligible games:
Army of Two Devil's Cartel
BioShock Infinite
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Dead Island Riptide
Defiance
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
FIFA Soccer 13
Fire Emblem Awakening
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Gears of War: Judgment
God of War: Ascension
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
LEGO City: Undercover
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Major League Baseball 2K13
Mario Party 9
Mass Effect Trilogy
Metroid Prime Trilogy
MLB 13: The Show
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
NHL 13
Ni No Kuni:Wrath of the White Witch
One Piece Unlimited Adventure
Pokemon HeartGold
Pokemon SoulSilver
Star Trek
Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition
Super Mario Bros, New 2
Super Mario Bros. New
Super Mario Bros. New U
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Tales of Graces f
Tiger Woods 14
WWE 13
Xenoblade Chronicles
Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

*Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Net credit after promotion is $50.00 or greater, and must be applied toward the purchase of a new game priced $59.98 or higher. If applicable, excess credit remaining after purchase will be returned to the customer in the form of in-store credit. After promotion, cost to the customer will be $9.99 before tax, where applicable, for games priced at $59.99. Customer is responsible for any additional cost when purchasing games priced over $59.99. Eligible games must be traded in the same transaction as the purchase of an eligible new game. Not valid toward cash trades. Offer valid only when eligible items are traded. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, Old thread links don't work,,,,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the PowerUp Rewards card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your PowerUp Rewards card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60. No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
May or May Not Charge, Depending Upon County: Florida,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
do you get the extra 10% credit with this?

50% extra credit on trade *WITH COUPON FROM RENEWING POWERUP PRO ONLY* (Ends Unsure)

Spoiler

50% extra credit on trade *WITH COUPON FROM RENEWING POWERUP PRO ONLY* (Ends Unsure)

Spoiler
Haven't gotten my coupon yet still waiting on it, but I am pretty sure no matter what promo or coupon you use at anytime, your 10% still adds on to it. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

All right thanks for the answers, impatiently waiting to trade in my xbox 360!
so the 50% credit coupon works for console trade ins? do you get the extra 10% PUR pro bonus to up that to 60%?

Do we know if they're going to start Xbox One preorders today?
Are you really still preordering an Xbox One after the Sony Conference last night?

Its $100 more, both are 500 gb, requires online authentication daily (or hourly), region locked, requires Kinect to be on to play games, controls your games if and when you want to trade in or lend to friends.

PS4 does none of these

Trade ins on 6/10

Xbox 360

Witcher 2 10.00

Lost Odyssey 3.00

PS3

Battlefield 3 5.00

MLB12 The Show 5.00

Guitar Hero Metallica 3.00

Vita

Modnation Racers 4.00

MLB12 The Show 5.00

Trade ins on 6/11

Nintendo DS

Adventure Time 8.00

Kingdom Hearts Recoded 4.00

Professor Layton Unwound Future 3.00

Professor Layton Last Specter 5.00

3DS

Kingdom Hearts 3d Dream Drop 10.00

Professor Layton Miracle Mask 6.00

Resident Evil Revelations 5.00

Man, might trade in my 360. I have a phat and slim, so I guess I can just stick with my phat and transfer all my stuff over. ~$200 for my 360 seems like a lot to pass up.

50% extra credit on trade *WITH COUPON FROM RENEWING POWERUP PRO ONLY* (Ends Unsure)

Spoiler
Haven't gotten my coupon yet still waiting on it, but I am pretty sure no matter what promo or coupon you use at anytime, your 10% still adds on to it. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
You can get 10% extra on accessories(controllers, etc) and games. Everything else gets a flat 50% with that coupon

So my used copy of The Witcher from BBY only came with the 2 game disks. Any chance GS takes it still?  Also, GTA IV Complete dropped to $10 for :360:? Suck.

Pre ordered on amazon with credit there.  Will have to reup my credit back on amazon with those lovely kindle cards.

So my used copy of The Witcher from BBY only came with the 2 game disks. Any chance GS takes it still? Also, GTA IV Complete dropped to $10 for :360:? Suck.
If it has all the disc's required to play the game fully, then yes. They only care about the game itself, if it is missing the case/manual/"Bonus disc" that won't affect the value, and don't let them hit you for a refurb fee if they claim it does. OTHERWISE try to buy a disc only copy of a game from THEM and say "Oh take $3 off it's disc only, I'm charging you a refurbish fee"

if anyone has a 50% coupon they could PM me now, I intend on renewing when I go to the store in the next day or so and would then give you my coupon I get for renewing. I just don't feel like making 2 trips to get the bonus... or can you not use the coupon without already being PUR pro?

Anyone want to sell me a 50% bonus coupon? Will be going to renew my sub tomorrow if not.
ANYONE with a 50% coupon probably recently renewed specifically for it, and plans to use it to get in extra credit ALOT more then it cost's to renew, everyone need's to stop asking for someones 50% coupon.

All values are base prices. Traded them all for my PS4 pre-order. Got $89.17 after all bonuses.

:ps3:

Bayonetta $3

Assassin's Creed 3 $10

Lollipop Chainsaw $6

Dragonball Z Budokai HD $15

No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise $5

:wii:

Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World $6

:psp:

Dissidia 012 $4

:ds:

DS Carrying Case $.25

Just got my 50% trade in coupon, going to trade in a big haul which should be over $500, then I'm going to pre-order the XBOX ONE. I definitely plan on getting both eventually, and agree that the PS4 has much more consumer-friendly policies, but Sony's launch lineup of exclusives is DREADFUL. I'll pick it up once it has some exclusive games that I actually want to play.

80 GB 2 USB System $110

Black Ops $22

:360:

Left 4 Dead $8

Left 4 Dead 2 $15

Portal 2 $15

Black Ops 2 $22

UFC Undisputed 3 $15

MLB 2K12 $10

Wireless Controller(x2) $17

Epic Mickey 2 $11

New Super Mario Bros $15

In total after my 50% coupon, got $432.20.  Converting it all to Kindle Cards.

Traded in a lot of games to dump the XBOX with. Pretty happy with how much I got! $448.43! Woot!

Base TIV 6/11

Kinect w/ AC Adapter -$25

X360 Controller- $17

Headset wired- $3.50

Your Shape Fitness Evolved Kinect -$5

Dance Central 3- $15

Halo 4- $10

Just Dance 3 Kinect- $9

Gears of War 3- $2.50

Epic Mickey 2- $11

SMB New Wii-$15

LBP Karting- $10

FFXIII-2- $6

Call of Duty BO2- $22

:3ds:

Super Mario Land 3D- $15

Got this tidbit from one of our Anonymous GameStop Employees.

If you want to preorder PS4 in store then you better wait outside your local GS tomorrow morning. My major midwestern city sold out of XB1 Day One preorders in 5 hours yesterday and PS4 is likely to sell out even quicker.

I'm even getting called in to do a split shift (was originally closing tomorrow night) because of the expected demand. Some stores had people waiting to see if GS would accept preorders in-store tonight.
I went in to GS around 11:30 AM and they were about mid-way through their PS3 allotment. They apparently had a line at 10am opening, but not enough to sell out. And they didn't sell their last Xbox One preorder (of a grand total of about 8) until this morning too - so they lasted an entire day and then some. The one they did this morning was to one of the employees, too, so probably a few of the others were as well (since other guys working there told me last week they were going to preorder both). The manager thought the PS4 probably wouldn't last the day but in any case neither system had the overnight campers and instant sellouts that I remember from the PS3/Wii days (just for preorders at GS that is).

So I couldn't get a One preordered there but I got one at Amazon yesterday. I'm not sure if I'll keep it or not, but if I do, it will be solely because I was able to transfer about $400 in GS credit to Amazon with the Kindle gift cards. For the PS4 I will probably just stick with my GS preorder (also have one at Amazon but will most likely cancel that later - might as well hold on to it for now in case a family member/friend wants one in Sept/Oct and they are long gone).

And to justify getting either of these (let alone both) I need to continue to scrounge up older games and bring them in for the Trade 7 deal. I've done 3 or 4 sets so far. It isn't so much that I need the money from that to justify the purchases, but that I need to get rid of games on my backlog that I will simply never play in order to justify getting new systems that will do nothing more than heap more games on to my backlog. I hope that makes some sense ;).

Anyone want to sell me a 50% bonus coupon? Will be going to renew my sub tomorrow if not.
ANYONE with a 50% coupon probably recently renewed specifically for it, and plans to use it to get in extra credit ALOT more then it cost's to renew, everyone need's to stop asking for someones 50% coupon.
Thanks for the great observation - There are several for trade in the GS trading thread, which I was unaware of...so I guess some people actually were up for renewal and are not trading in games.

6/11/13

Xbox 360
Lost Odyssey - $3.00
Dragon Ball Z Kinect - 8.00

PS3
Rayman Origins - $6.00
Phineas & Ferb : Across 2nd Dimension - $6.00
Vanquish - $3.00
Dead to Rights - $3.00
Blood Stone 007 - $5.00

Most of these are from BBY @Gamer or clearance deals.

Got this tidbit from one of our Anonymous GameStop Employees.

If you want to preorder PS4 in store then you better wait outside your local GS tomorrow morning. My major midwestern city sold out of XB1 Day One preorders in 5 hours yesterday and PS4 is likely to sell out even quicker.

I'm even getting called in to do a split shift (was originally closing tomorrow night) because of the expected demand. Some stores had people waiting to see if GS would accept preorders in-store tonight.
I went in to GS around 11:30 AM and they were about mid-way through their PS3 allotment. They apparently had a line at 10am opening, but not enough to sell out. And they didn't sell their last Xbox One preorder (of a grand total of about 8) until this morning too - so they lasted an entire day and then some. The one they did this morning was to one of the employees, too, so probably a few of the others were as well (since other guys working there told me last week they were going to preorder both). The manager thought the PS4 probably wouldn't last the day but in any case neither system had the overnight campers and instant sellouts that I remember from the PS3/Wii days (just for preorders at GS that is).

So I couldn't get a One preordered there but I got one at Amazon yesterday. I'm not sure if I'll keep it or not, but if I do, it will be solely because I was able to transfer about $400 in GS credit to Amazon with the Kindle gift cards. For the PS4 I will probably just stick with my GS preorder (also have one at Amazon but will most likely cancel that later - might as well hold on to it for now in case a family member/friend wants one in Sept/Oct and they are long gone).

And to justify getting either of these (let alone both) I need to continue to scrounge up older games and bring them in for the Trade 7 deal. I've done 3 or 4 sets so far. It isn't so much that I need the money from that to justify the purchases, but that I need to get rid of games on my backlog that I will simply never play in order to justify getting new systems that will do nothing more than heap more games on to my backlog. I hope that makes some sense ;).
My local stores have plenty of pre-orders left for both systems. Had a lot of people wanting to, but the $100 deposit wasn't happening. My guess is people will get desparate and we'll see some very interesting trade-ins in the near future. Some rare games, phones, tablets, etc.

My local stores have plenty of pre-orders left for both systems. Had a lot of people wanting to, but the $100 deposit wasn't happening. My guess is people will get desparate and we'll see some very interesting trade-ins in the near future. Some rare games, phones, tablets, etc.
same here, when I was trading in at one of my local gamestop. I had a guy who hold the line, talking/ complaining to the employee about how expensive the $100 deposit was for the ps4, he was planning to preorder. I am really surprise ppl are actually talking about their local gamestop selling out preorders for the consoles. One of the regular employee was pestering me to preorder the xbone out of the two consoles, praising xbone.

If people are having trouble scrounging up $100 now then maybe they ought to wait a bit on next-gen and stick with PS3/360 (which are perfectly fine consoles still).  While I was in the store trying to look up my B2G1 coupon on my 3DS (for some awful reason I brought that but forgot my iPhone :lol:) a woman came in who had preordered the One yesterday.  She preordered the PS4, an extra controller, and 2 or 3 games for each system.  So there's someone in the opposite camp I suppose (not that it costs much to preorder the games but if they intend to pick all of this up they will be spending well over $1000 in Oct/Nov).  The GS I went to is in a moderately affluent suburb, but they just aren't seeing a ton of interest (and they get very small allotments which is the only reason the One is sold out there now).

FWIW, I did take the clerk's recommendation to preorder a second controller (only $5 down for that).  He said they have been told they will only get one shipment of extra controllers before the holidays.  And it is reasonable to expect most, if not all, of those will be sold to people camped out on launch day (on which I hope to stroll in around 2-3pm to pick up my preordered system ;)).  I'm not sure how much couch multiplayer there will be in those launch games (and in particular the PS+ freebies) but I'll need a second one sooner or later anyway.

I've been torn on the second controller pre-order. Based on those bundles posted by GS (assuming those are what we've got as launch titles,) I'm not entirely sure I'll need one out of the gates.

Yeah the employee convinced me to pre-order a 2nd controller as well. For $5 it wasn't a big deal and I'm sure by the time launch comes I'll want that 2nd controller and it will be nice to have one reserved.

Traded today after coming to the realization that with PS4 keeping PS+ I will not be ending that any time soon so may as well dump the games from the IGC.

Tomb Raider - $17 ($20 for plus members this week and you get Quantum Conundrum)
Portal 2 - $10 ($9.50 for plus members this week)
Tomb Raider Trilogy - $10
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - $7
Darksiders - $5
Ratchet and Clank All 4 One - $4
God of War Collection $3 (Picked up a $2 copy at Target as an online return and knew this deal would roll around)

Didn't trade these, but brought 9 games to make sure I would get 7

Demon's Souls - $3
Deus Ex Human Revolution - $2

Even though the IGC also has Borderlands, Bioshock 2, LBP2, Infamous 2, Street Fighter IV AE, and now Uncharted 3 and soon Saints Row 3 I am keeping those because I own the the GOTY/Special Edition versions and I am nearly full up on my 500GB HDD and that is downloading none of the free PS1 or PS3 games until I want to play them.

If people are having trouble scrounging up $100 now then maybe they ought to wait a bit on next-gen and stick with PS3/360 (which are perfectly fine consoles still). While I was in the store trying to look up my B2G1 coupon on my 3DS (for some awful reason I brought that but forgot my iPhone :lol:) a woman came in who had preordered the One yesterday. She preordered the PS4, an extra controller, and 2 or 3 games for each system. So there's someone in the opposite camp I suppose (not that it costs much to preorder the games but if they intend to pick all of this up they will be spending well over $1000 in Oct/Nov). The GS I went to is in a moderately affluent suburb, but they just aren't seeing a ton of interest (and they get very small allotments which is the only reason the One is sold out there now).

FWIW, I did take the clerk's recommendation to preorder a second controller (only $5 down for that). He said they have been told they will only get one shipment of extra controllers before the holidays. And it is reasonable to expect most, if not all, of those will be sold to people camped out on launch day (on which I hope to stroll in around 2-3pm to pick up my preordered system ;)). I'm not sure how much couch multiplayer there will be in those launch games (and in particular the PS+ freebies) but I'll need a second one sooner or later anyway.
she could be a sd'er, i would not be surprise at all about $1000 for somepme who is intended on profiting off it.

Yeah the employee convinced me to pre-order a 2nd controller as well. For $5 it wasn't a big deal and I'm sure by the time launch comes I'll want that 2nd controller and it will be nice to have one reserved.
why do you guys need two controllers? doesn't the ps4 come with one controller already?

OK so I traded in a few thing's that haven't been trade in a while but here's the list.
(All base values)
Xbox 360:
Data Transfer Cable $7
Hdmi Cable (Traded 2) $1.50 each
Black Ops 2 $22
Dead Island Riptide $17 (Hadn't finished it but when I got it, it's steelbook, and the $20 RZ cert preorder bonus all for $40 after pming newegg, I couldn't justify holding onto it, I WILL be picking it up down the road for cheaper)
Wired Headset Any (Had traded in the basic headset the xbox comes with) $3.50

Nintendo DS:
Pokemon Black $10
Pokemon Soul Silver $17

Nintendo Wii
Epic Flippy 2 (Mickey*) $11

Nintendo Wii U:
New Super Mario Brother's U $22 (Funny story, TRU had a b1g1 50% off on all Wii/WiiU games like a week after launch, got BB to pm that, and got this and ZombiiU, Super Mario Bro's being the $30 game :p)

With my PUR and the 50% coupon I got a whopping $215.20 from this one trade of 6 games and a few accessories ($5.60 for the basic Xbox wired headset? DAMN).

why do you guys need two controllers? doesn't the ps4 come with one controller already?
When I said 2nd controller I meant 2nd in addition to the controller that comes with the system.
ok, but why tho. are you scare you might accidently damage your controller?
It's essentially the fact that he can choose to cancel it, $5 is like nothing, and it's essentially monopoly money hes dealing with, considering all the $ people have made with this most recent promo and the 50% coupon (Guessing that he has taken advantage of 1 or the other) I mean I can't think of any local multi-player games off the top of my head, but it never hurt's. Like the lady said in AVP, I carry a gun for the same reason I carry a condom, I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

I play a lot of sports games with friends/play games with my girlfriend. But even if I don't need a 2nd controller like Hemi said $5 of Gamestop credit really isn't a big deal to put one on hold.

Prototype $4

Final Fantasy 13-2 $6

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY $5

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires $5

Neverdead $3

:pS3:

Kingdoms of Amular $12 (up $2)

:Wii:

Epic Flippy 2 $11

Decided to do the GTAV trade for %30+10 instead of 3 for $10

PS3

Army of Two:DC-15

Crysis 3-13

Bioshock Infinite-18

Total after bonuses 64.40     

6/11

Some repeats but for continuity

All  :360:

Lost Odyssey $3

Catherine $7.50

Tomb Raider:Underworld $5

Batman: Arkham City $5

GTA IV:Complete $10

The Witcher 2 $10

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron $15! (I think the last reported value was $11 so up $4)

I was really happy about Transformers since it was a Gamefly copy for $15 that frankly was chipped up pretty bad. To get $21.50 after bonuses was nice.  Anyway I ended up with $96.05 after PUR and bonus. I paid $88.31 for those games so I am happy to come out ahead.

Just got my 50% trade in coupon, going to trade in a big haul which should be over $500, then I'm going to pre-order the XBOX ONE. I definitely plan on getting both eventually, and agree that the PS4 has much more consumer-friendly policies, but Sony's launch lineup of exclusives is DREADFUL. I'll pick it up once it has some exclusive games that I actually want to play.
Killzone Shadow Fall and Drive Club are exclusive at launch followed by 20 exclusive titles in the first year for PS4.

Xbox One has Ryse and Forza as exclusive launch titles with far less exclusives coming in the first year.

6/11

PSVita Hot Shots Golf $5.00

:ps3: Portal 2 $10.00

:ps3: Sly Collection $10.00

:ps3: Saints Row The Third $12.00

:ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim $12.00

:360: Portal 2 $15.00

:wii: Disney Epic Mickey 2 $11.00

Been awhile since I traded anything in but here's my list I want to trade in, and maybe someone can help me maximize the amount I get:

Console:

Gear 320gb console ( might switch out the hdd to with my reach console that has the 250 in it?)

2 gears controllers

Kinect

Games:

Gears 3

Skyrim

Battlefield 3

Kinect Adventures

Forza 4

My goal I want is to come out with at least $250, but the more the better. Any ideas?

I would just like to note (I know a bit off topic):

I was there when a clerk was working and had to give his stats of the pre orders so far over to someone on the phone. They are keeping track of PS4 XB1 and Controller pre-orders. Make sure you pre order a controller or two! Seems they are going to be hard to find! (Like the Wii Motes were during the holiday seasons when it was popular).

Been awhile since I traded anything in but here's my list I want to trade in, and maybe someone can help me maximize the amount I get:

Console:
Gear 320gb console ( might switch out the hdd to with my reach console that has the 250 in it?)
2 gears controllers
Kinect

Games:
Gears 3
Skyrim
Battlefield 3
Kinect Adventures
Forza 4

My goal I want is to come out with at least $250, but the more the better. Any ideas?
I am pretty sure they have systems tracked by serial numbers. So if a system is supposed to come with a certain type of hard drive that you leave out, pretty sure it will debunk to a lower value instantly.

Also it would probably be wiser to sell those Gears Controllers online because when traded, they are just thrown under the generic "wireless controller" sku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back