GameStop TIV/Promos Thread XX: Old thread, new thread in first/last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD LOCATED HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316500-gamestop-tivpromos-thread-xxi-3-extra-on-every-game-2-and-higher-when-trading-in-3-or-more-games-kindle-cards-come-back/

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system. I may not always know it.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% extra credit on trade *WITH COUPON FROM RENEWING POWERUP PRO ONLY* (Ends 6/30, close of business)
GameStop.com said:
GameStop currently has a promotion where when you get a new or renew your PowerUp Rewards Pro you are getting a coupon for 50% on a trade done with that coupon. Works on games and hardware.

"50% extra in-store credit for every item you trade

Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend with or without notice. Expires 7/31/13
"

30% extra credit towards select products. (Ends 7/14/13)
GameStop.com said:
30% extra in-store credit when you trade any games, accessories, systems, smart phones, tablets and more toward:

• SOL Republic headphones
  • Nexus 7 32GB
  • Net-10
  • NCAA Football 14
  • Pikmin 3
  • Disney Infinity
  • Saints Row IV
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  • Madden NFL 25
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • FIFA 14
  • Battlefield 4

$3 extra on every game $2 and higher when trading in 3 or more (Ends 7/14/13)
GameStop.com said:
Get $3 extra in-store for every game you trade, when you trade 3 or more games.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Trade 2 eligible games get new game for $9.99 (Ends 7/14/13)
GameStop.com said:
Get any new game valued at $59.99 for $9.99 when you trade in 2 eligible games:
Army of Two Devil's Cartel
BioShock Infinite
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Dead Island Riptide
Defiance
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
FIFA Soccer 13
Fire Emblem Awakening
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Gears of War: Judgment
God of War: Ascension
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
LEGO City: Undercover
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Major League Baseball 2K13
Mario Party 9
Mass Effect Trilogy
Metroid Prime Trilogy
MLB 13: The Show
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
NHL 13
Ni No Kuni:Wrath of the White Witch
One Piece Unlimited Adventure
Pokemon HeartGold
Pokemon SoulSilver
Star Trek
Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition
Super Mario Bros, New 2
Super Mario Bros. New
Super Mario Bros. New U
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Tales of Graces f
Tiger Woods 14
WWE 13
Xenoblade Chronicles
Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

*Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Net credit after promotion is $50.00 or greater, and must be applied toward the purchase of a new game priced $59.98 or higher. If applicable, excess credit remaining after purchase will be returned to the customer in the form of in-store credit. After promotion, cost to the customer will be $9.99 before tax, where applicable, for games priced at $59.99. Customer is responsible for any additional cost when purchasing games priced over $59.99. Eligible games must be traded in the same transaction as the purchase of an eligible new game. Not valid toward cash trades. Offer valid only when eligible items are traded. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, Old thread links don't work,,,,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the PowerUp Rewards card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your PowerUp Rewards card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60. No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
May or May Not Charge, Depending Upon County: Florida,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to confirm before I drop 250 from credit on gift cards. The kindle cards work on purchases that are not books? Trying to pay off my ps4.
Correct. I did the same thing to pay for my PS4.
By reading this thread for a while it seems people are buying them in separate purchases right? I assume $50 per store?
Why, is there a limit or something?

Just to confirm before I drop 250 from credit on gift cards. The kindle cards work on purchases that are not books? Trying to pay off my ps4.
By reading this thread for a while it seems people are buying them in separate purchases right? I assume $50 per store?
I did mine in the same transaction, but only $250 at a time since that's all the first store had on hand. Went to a second store and cashed in another $200.

You can buy as much GC of anything as you want. It's totally up to the store though. I've bought $150 worth of Shell gas cards, and another set of $100. I've used the $25 denominations for them too.

Why, is there a limit or something?
No, but I assumed that the employees would get suspicious that you are trying to game GS (taking credit on trade ins to get the promos/extra credit and not taking the cash/20% loss/no promos).

No, but I assumed that the employees would get suspicious that you are trying to game GS (taking credit on trade ins to get the promos/extra credit and not taking the cash/20% loss/no promos).
They don't care. It shows as revenue for the store. Picked up $225 in one purchase and $175 in another, but just because I bought everything they had at the first one. I'll admit it feels like you're doing something wrong. LOL.

I just maintain a happy balance of converting credit, keeping a substantial amount on my PUR card and giving positive feedback on surveys.  That keeps everyone happy!

Renewed Thursday morning. Got both coupons this morning.

Is there a benefit to getting amazon giftcards.
The only thing I can think of is paying off pre-orders on Amazon. This way you can slowly pay off an Amazon pre-order with gift card balances, at least until the item ships and you lose that option.

1) Pre-order game with credit card.

2) View the order in your account

3) Apply gift card entire balance to order, any overage is kept in your account balance.

I have a question that's technically OT, but I figured this thread would be the best place to ask:

I've got a B2G1 coupon from renewing my PUR that expires 6/30. I'm pretty sure of two games I'd like to pick up (DKCR 3D and Pandora's Tower), but I'm not sure what to get for the third. I'd prefer the used price to be at most $39.99 (so that excludes Metro: LL and Remember Me) and at least $27.99 to maximize the coupon's value. Do you guys have any ideas?

As a side note, I was considering NFS: Most Wanted (Vita), but I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything else that I might want more.

Also, I already own pretty much every good :3ds: game besides DKCR 3D, such as FE: Awakening and Luigi's Mansion: DM, so those are off the table.

Again, I apologize for the OT question, and I appreciate any advice you can give.

I have a question that's technically OT, but I figured this thread would be the best place to ask:

I've got a B2G1 coupon from renewing my PUR that expires 6/30. I'm pretty sure of two games I'd like to pick up (DKCR 3D and Pandora's Tower), but I'm not sure what to get for the third. I'd prefer the used price to be at most $39.99 (so that excludes Metro: LL and Remember Me) and at least $27.99 to maximize the coupon's value. Do you guys have any ideas?

As a side note, I was considering NFS: Most Wanted (Vita), but I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything else that I might want more.

Also, I already own pretty much every good :3ds: game besides DKCR 3D, such as FE: Awakening and Luigi's Mansion: DM, so those are off the table.

Again, I apologize for the OT question, and I appreciate any advice you can give.
Bioshock Infinite $37.99?

Crysis 3 $37.99, Dead Space 3 $37.99, Metal Gear Rising $34.99.

I have a question that's technically OT, but I figured this thread would be the best place to ask:

I've got a B2G1 coupon from renewing my PUR that expires 6/30. I'm pretty sure of two games I'd like to pick up (DKCR 3D and Pandora's Tower), but I'm not sure what to get for the third. I'd prefer the used price to be at most $39.99 (so that excludes Metro: LL and Remember Me) and at least $27.99 to maximize the coupon's value. Do you guys have any ideas?

Bioshock Infinite $37.99?

Crysis 3 $37.99, Dead Space 3 $37.99, Metal Gear Rising $34.99.
I own Bioshock Infinite and DS3, and I'm not interested in Crysis 3, but MGR...that could work. Thanks. :)

Yea I was going to tell you to pick Infinite or MGR. Lol as those have held their value better. The other two I have seen go for cheaper new.

Hey Vigilante, noticed you watched Warm Bodies recently. Was it enjoyable and good? (sorry for OT)

Yea I was going to tell you to pick Infinite or MGR. Lol as those have held their value better. The other two I have seen go for cheaper new.

Hey Vigilante, noticed you watched Warm Bodies recently. Was it enjoyable and good? (sorry for OT)
Yeah, I think MGR is the way to go.

I really liked Warm Bodies (for future reference, the emoticon(s) I place after the movie title indicate my enjoyment factor), though it might have helped that I thoroughly enjoyed the book on which it's based. I've heard people say it's like Twilight, but they're very wrong--it's more like Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet where the Montague & Hathaway families are now zombies and humans. Despite how that sounds, I don't think I'm spoiling anything.

The only thing I can think of is paying off pre-orders on Amazon. This way you can slowly pay off an Amazon pre-order with gift card balances, at least until the item ships and you lose that option.

1) Pre-order game with credit card.

2) View the order in your account

3) Apply gift card entire balance to order, any overage is kept in your account balance.
Although we are gamers, not everyone wants to 100% reinvest their trades into more games. I'm taking a huge chunk of my $450 in AZ credit and putting towards things for home improvement (tools, supplies, etc).

I really liked Warm Bodies (for future reference, the emoticon(s) I place after the movie title indicate my enjoyment factor), though it might have helped that I thoroughly enjoyed the book on which it's based. I've heard people say it's like Twilight, but they're very wrong--it's more like Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet where the Montague & Hathaway families are now zombies and humans. Despite how that sounds, I don't think I'm spoiling anything.
I tried to get into the movie the other day. Saw about half of it then had to take a break. Ended up having to return it to Redbox. I was expecting to like it but sadly didn't. :cry:

I tried to get into the movie the other day. Saw about half of it then had to take a break. Ended up having to return it to Redbox. I was expecting to like it but sadly didn't. :cry:
Well, it's not for everyone, so don't feel too bad about it. Like I said, my enjoyment of the movie was probably founded on my enjoyment of the book.

What I usually do with my B2G1s (cept the last one) was pick a game (or two) that I wanted and then buy a third with a good TIV/selling value to cut down the cost of the two I wanted... so it would be effectively b1g1

Although we are gamers, not everyone wants to 100% reinvest their trades into more games. I'm taking a huge chunk of my $450 in AZ credit and putting towards things for home improvement (tools, supplies, etc).
I didn't even know this was an option. Am I understanding it right that you guys are just buying the Kindle gift cards and then those are just generic Amazon credit? To usagi's question that's far more appealing to me because the odds of Amazon having a more appealing sale, even on a used game, are far higher than me finding anything I want at Gamestop. Then like sp00ge said I also have a whole slew of other options if something comes up beyond having money that can only be used on games.

Do the poweruprewards coupons work towards the amazon gift cards? I have enough for a 10$ off any item coupon, but don't want to waste a trip if it doesn't work.

I didn't even know this was an option. Am I understanding it right that you guys are just buying the Kindle gift cards and then those are just generic Amazon credit? To usagi's question that's far more appealing to me because the odds of Amazon having a more appealing sale, even on a used game, are far higher than me finding anything I want at Gamestop. Then like sp00ge said I also have a whole slew of other options if something comes up beyond having money that can only be used on games.
Yep, the Kindle cards are nothing more than branded Amazon gift cards and are applied as gift card credit. That's why people were going crazy when GS started selling them.

Yep, the Kindle cards are nothing more than branded Amazon gift cards and are applied as gift card credit. That's why people were going crazy when GS started selling them.
I totally missed that, was hesitating on trading a couple things that had the best price there with the 50% coupon because I didn't really want to get stuck with a bunch of credit there but that's beautiful.

hope i get my 50% coupon today. oh and i thought warm bodies was beyond cheesy and predictible.
It was nice, but I wouldn't buy it or watch it again (I borrowed it from my library). Looking back, I think the book might have actually been better, though the plot was pretty much the same, so your comments might still be valid. :razz:

Just got back from gamestop after trading in 7 games here are my totals:

wii:

Mario and Sonic: Olympic Games - 7

360:

Lost Odyssey - 3

Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper - 5

Elder Scrolls 4 GOTY - 4

Fist of the North Star - 3

Eternal Sonata - 5

Divinity 2: Dragon knight saga - 5

as of 06/21/13

6/21

:ps3:

Darksiders $4

Army of Two: 40th Day $4

Dead Space 2 $5

Red Dead Redemption $5

:360:

Mafia II $4

Vita

MLB 12: The Show $4

Lumines Electronic Symphony $6

So hoping my 50% cpn shows up soon. I renewed yesterday at 4pm. I'm hoping it shows up tonight at least so I can trade my x360 while they still have good value.

Hmm, was going to redeem my PUR points for a $10 off coupon like someone else but they have some shockingly neat looking rewards for the same amount of points.  Now I'm torn.

How picky is GS in regards to 360 controllers?
I have an old white one that looks older than it is just because it was white.
The only thing is I guess the little nubs on the analog sticks are all worn down
But it's just been sitting here unused for ages

The only thing is I guess the little nubs on the analog sticks are all worn down
That's a good question, have one I would like to trade myself.

when should i expect to see the reward points in my acct from todays transaction? thx!
It varies, sometimes it can take less than 48 hours. On one of my accounts, it's been 6 days and nothing showed up yet.
My trades from this past sunday never showed on my account. I called CS today and they put the points in my account and magically found $100 in credit that was owed to me. I have no clue how or why, but I'll take it.

Somebody else said yesterday that their transaction from sunday never showed up either, so you may want to call or email.

:360:
Kingdoms of amalur 12
Prototype 2 7.50
Witcher 2 10
Bioshock 5

:ps3:
Infamous collection 10
Prototype 2 7.5

:wii:
Gold's gym cardio workout 3

when should i expect to see the reward points in my acct from todays transaction? thx!
It varies, sometimes it can take less than 48 hours. On one of my accounts, it's been 6 days and nothing showed up yet.
My trades from this past sunday never showed on my account. I called CS today and they put the points in my account and magically found $100 in credit that was owed to me. I have no clue how or why, but I'll take it.

Somebody else said yesterday that their transaction from sunday never showed up either, so you may want to call or email.
Good to hear that. Mine was the one that didn't show up either. They said they'd apply the points and I should expect it within 24 hours. Still nada though, so I'll give them another shot. Great to hear you got it worked out though.

Xbox 360:

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion GOTY- $4

Prototype- $4

Battlefield 3- $5

PS3:

Far Cry 3- $10

3DS:

Shinobi- $4

Super Street Fighter 4- $4

DS:

Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2008- $3.50

Also, I'm looking over my receipt and it looks like they snuck in a refurb fee ($2) for Battelfield 3 (it had both discs and case and all that). Anyone know why? I'd spend more in gas getting there and back, but it bothered me a bit tbh.

Obviously this it will differ per store clerk but I traded in a decent 360 controller yesterday. The GS employee pressed all the buttons and moved all the sticks and that was it. 4-5 seconds he spent on it. I had a bunch of games to go with it so that may help in distracting them from focusing on it too much.

Also, I'm looking over my receipt and it looks like they snuck in a refurb fee ($2) for Battelfield 3 (it had both discs and case and all that). Anyone know why? I'd spend more in gas getting there and back, but it bothered me a bit tbh.
Maybe they deemed them overly scratched and need to be resurfaced?

Good to hear that. Mine was the one that didn't show up either. They said they'd apply the points and I should expect it within 24 hours. Still nada though, so I'll give them another shot. Great to hear you got it worked out though.
Mine showed up pretty quick. They guy told me it would show within 2 minutes and they were there when I checked maybe 30 minutes later. Shows up in recent activity as customer service transaction.

Yeah, I ended up calling and he said there was "a pretty serious scratch" on one of the discs. :roll: I'm really careful with my discs, but whatever lol

Yeah, I ended up calling and he said there was "a pretty serious scratch" on one of the discs. :roll: I'm really careful with my discs, but whatever lol
Typically, it's getting a bit more focused on trying to take in better condition discs, as we all can attest to some of the games that have been brought in over the past few years. Not saying your discs were in bad condition, but I like to always inform which discs I would need to apply a refurb on, and then you can choose whether or not to accept it or just hang onto the game. From now on, if you keep trading in, right when you bring your games up, just politely say "Just let me know if any of the games are going to need a refurb fee." Hopefully you won't get an employee who fails to inform you, but, it just varies from person to person. I can't imagine an employee who would risk an upset customer to give you less credit or cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back