GameStop TIV/Promos XXVI: Values available on Android/iOS app. Games with guaranteed $40/$30 and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system or the value will not get updated. I don't always know it and I'm doing these updates from work to keep them as updated as often as possible so I can't spend time searching for that info.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)
GameStop.com said:

$125 in credit on PS3/360 traded towards New PS4 (Ends 11/9/14)
GameStop.com said:
870x305_PS4TRADE_125_nocta.jpg

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21,22,23,24,25

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the PowerUp Rewards card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your PowerUp Rewards card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60. No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
May or May Not Charge, Depending Upon County: Florida,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
PS4:

NBA 2K14 Base = $20

I used my coupon to trade in my copy and my friend's. We used the $64 of credit to buy Madden 15 for my friend for $59.99, and I used the remaining $5 to preorder FIFA 15. Since we split the credit my friend gave me $30 cash so I should be able to get FIFA 15 for around $20, using a rewards coupon I can redeem all my PS4 purchase points for. Nice!

woooooooow

Well, I'm sure I didn't maximize this as much as I could have, but it was more important to get out there today than to wait and organize. In particular, I didn't go through all my old games to see if I wanted to get rid of anything. I stuck mostly to things I had bought recently but didn't want/need any more.

I got all the "high" expected values at around 4pm Pacific, so still good to go on the pre-nuke pricing. Like everyone else, I expect drops tonight/tomorrow.

I got rid of a few Best Buy 3DS sale games that I had held on to with the thought of giving them to the nephew or other relatives. I decided screw it, I'll get them something else later - this was too good to pass up.

I also traded in our one and only copy of Mario Kart 8. That felt like sacrilege but I'll be sure to pick it up again some day on sale. Or maybe just buy it digitally (if only Nintendo had provided more base storage - they might lose a sale because of that). But whatever I end up doing to replace it, I just couldn't pass up $56 for it. I also ditched our NBA 2K14 which I still wanted to play. My son played it for 100's of hours but he's done. I guess with the $32 I netted from that maybe I'll just splurge on 2K15 for full price.

:3ds:
Disney Magical World - $11
Tomodachi Life $20 (so $32 for this one alone)

:wiiu:
AC IV Black Flag - $10
Call of Duty Ghosts - $15
Mario Kart 8 - $35
Splinter Cell Blacklist - $5

:ps4:
NBA 2K14 - $20

:360:
Epic Mickey 2 - $6

And yeah, I couldn't help myself, but did just one copy:
:ps3:
MLB 14 The Show - $35

A wild post containing base values appears!

Borderlands GOTY $10

Kingdoms of Amalur $9

MLB 2K8 $0.25

Assassins Creed Black Flag $10

FIFA 13 $9

MLB 14 $35

Lego Marvel $18

:wii u:

Mario Kart 8 $35

Super Mario 3D World $30

:ds: 

Pokemon White 2 $15

:wii:

Twilight Princess $10

SKyward Sword $30 (guy initially scanned it as Twilght Princess noticed it walking to my car so had to go back and have him fix the value, he ended up giving me $49.50 for it)

Scored about $300 today, not too bad for games all in my collection except for one MLB from Target.

Got about $550 between the two trips and before the few purchases I made. I'm happy.
Maxed out out at $250 lol

I can't even bother to waste my time to go to other gamestops,

I live like not even a mile away from one so its just a quick drive and back.

Mine didn't really have the flips available anyways.

I want thank JP for his hard work constantly updating the thread, Phoenixlau for posting all those ps3 TIV, and everyone else. Worked out the door with a Shell $25 GC, Pokémon OmegaRuby preordered  (Might actually keep this preorder because the guy was cool) and most importantly $190 in credit that will hopefully be put towards a PS4 or Xbox One. Day's like today make me happy to be a CAG. :D

A wild post containing base values appears!

Borderlands GOTY $10.
Did yours have 2 discs? They traded mine as regular borderlands and when I noticed I called and asked about it. They told me it comes with 2 discs to be considered goty. I wish I had've caught it while I was there because I definitely wouldn't have traded it for $1.50 :( bit still a good day of trading!

All 360

Bioshock Infinite - 9

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare - 2

Crash Mind Over Mutant - 11

Dark Souls - 9

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast - 9

Driver San Francisco - 9

FIFA 13 - 10

Just Cause 2 - 11

Kingdoms of Amalur - 9

Left 4 Dead - 5

Left 4 Dead 2 - 14

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 - 7.5

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 8

Metal Gear Solid HD - 9

Saint's Row - 4

Soul Calibur V - 9

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - 8

Toy Story 3 - 9

Walking Dead Survival Instincts - 9

Limbo/Trials HD/Splosion Man - 4

Transformers Fall of Cybertron - 12

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - 5

Lord of the Rings War in the North - 11

UFC 2010 - 7

All X1

Call of Duty Ghosts - 22

Lego the Hobbit - 22

Sniper Elite 3 - 25

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - 20

After it's all said and done, I walked out with 461. I then used my B2G1 coupon on 2 The Last of Us and Sniper Elite 3 for PS4. I now have 500 left. 

I was super happy.  Got $190 for ~8 games, 3 of which were CoD titles ($32 for Black Ops 2!?!?!? lololololol).  Should help me grab two of my fall games, while I'll be getting the others at BB with the $10 rewards and GCU.

Even the clerk was surprised at my total haha, said he wished he'd saved his games for this week.

I may actually kill this thread after this iteration. 30 pages of MOAR VALUES PLS and NEED COUPS!
lets be real here, most of those posters asking for the coupons are only asking for it , because they saw the flip potential with the coupons. the coupons were literally given out 3-4 weeks ago at gs, as long as you made a purchase from gamestop around that time period.

I went this morning and forgot to bring bioshock infinite. Idk if I really want to go back for that one game lol you can do this deal twice right, like it's not limited one time per person? Not even really sure how they would enforce that

I went this morning and forgot to bring bioshock infinite. Idk if I really want to go back for that one game lol you can do this deal twice right, like it's not limited one time per person? Not even really sure how they would enforce that
As long as you have coupons. I went 3 times today and I have one more coupon in case I get an extra Madden 15 tomorrow

I may actually kill this thread after this iteration. 30 pages of MOAR VALUES PLS and NEED COUPS!
Honestly I wouldnt blame you...the coupon begging is one thing (happens during this type of promo every year) but the value requesting is ridiculous! Like, how did you ever function before? oh yeah, theres this thing called reading the OP or calling a GS...

Did yours have 2 discs? They traded mine as regular borderlands and when I noticed I called and asked about it. They told me it comes with 2 discs to be considered goty. I wish I had've caught it while I was there because I definitely wouldn't have traded it for $1.50 :( bit still a good day of trading!
Mine did. Bought it for $20 from GS 3 years ago and finally finished the DLC last night, so seemed worth it to trade it in with the bonus today.

I was able to make it to a GS tonight after all--$242.40 total for 11 games. :D/ I mostly traded in stuff that was already reported, but I traded in one thing I didn't see posted:

:wii: Punch-Out!! - $11

Base values in store tonight:

Final Fantasy XIII - $2

Rayman Origins - $7.50

Batman Arkham Origins - $13

Grand Theft Auto V - $25

WWE 2K14 - $16

Burnout Paradise - $3.50

Tomb Raider - $7

Walking Dead - $7

:wii:

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - $30

LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 - $5

Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader? - $0.90

Littlest Pet Shop - $2.50

MLB The Show 14 - $30

inFamous: Second Son - $22

NBA 2K12 - $1

Half Life 2: The Orange Box - $11

LEGO Indiana Jones/ Kung Fu Panda - $3

Mass Effect 2 - $1

:ds:

Petz Dogz Fashion - $0.50

Imagine Fashion Designer $0.50

WarioWare Touched! - $0.60 

Imagine Movie Star - $0.30

Littlest Pet Shop Jungle - $3

Chase Felix Meets Felicity - $0.30

Tamagotchi Connection Corner 3 - $0.20

:3ds:

Bravely Default - $22

Pokemon X - $20

Ended up with a total of $385. Great deal that I probably would have never taken advantage of if it weren't for all of you. Of course, I did owe my little sister about $15, as clearly some of those games didn't belong to me. I also decided on holding on to Mario Kart 8, as my family isn't quite done playing it. In all, I'm extremely happy with what I got for everything.

Now to find what I want to spend all of this credit on... :whistle2:k

Honestly I wouldnt blame you...the coupon begging is one thing (happens during this type of promo every year) but the value requesting is ridiculous! Like, how did you ever function before? oh yeah, theres this thing called reading the OP or calling a GS...

Mine did. Bought it for $20 from GS 3 years ago and finally finished the DLC last night, so seemed worth it to trade it in with the bonus today.
Thanks for the reply! I got mine forever ago at target on clearance but I would have kept it if she informed me lol

Got 2 copies of call of duty ghosts (both ps3) from target and traded them in at gamestop and they didn't ask any questions maybe because I traded a bunch with it.

Sorry it won't let me rotate this POS picture

Saw this on the banner scrolling at this page:

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/trade-in

"Get $5 extra credit for every PS4 or Xbox One game trade."

Power Up Rewards members get 1 day early, 8/29. Everyone else 8/30-8/31.

"Trade any PS3 or Xbox 360 and get $75 credit toward the purchase of a new PS4."

PS3 is 80GB or fewer, Xbox 360 is 4GB or Original.

"Trade any PS3 or Xbox 360 and get $150 credit toward the purchase of a new PS4."

PS3 is 120GB or fewer, Xbox 360 is 250GB or Original.

Dangit, was going through the junk in the front seat of my car and found 2 games I got today for $11 each and forgot to trade them in

Can someone with the app tell me what the values are today so I can compare them with the nuked values tomorrow?

PS3 Army of 2 Devils Cartel

X360 Turbo   (the animated movie turbo)

To show that I am not lazy, I looked them up in the OP and I see DC is $9 and I don't see Turbo listed.   Not sure if those are up to date

Thanks in advance

"Trade any PS3 or Xbox 360 and get $75 credit toward the purchase of a new PS4."

"Trade any PS3 or Xbox 360 and get $150 credit toward the purchase of a new PS4."
Promos are oddly worded as a 20gb ps3 would be fewer than both of those. I'm assuming they sent 150 for 120gb and up.

Promos are oddly worded as a 20gb ps3 would be fewer than both of those. I'm assuming they sent 150 for 120gb and up.
Possibly. I'm having a hard time decyphering the Xbox that qualifies for the $150. If it means original with a 250GB, I might have to find a cheap one somewhere. to get that bump.

Shame it's not towards a X1. Been looking to get rid of my 360 and maybe even my PS3 towards my Xbox One purchase because I already got a PS4. This is a pretty awesome promo for anyone looking to get a PS4 though.

Did yours have any game of the year markings on the disc? Mine did, so maybe youd be able to get something if you point that out to the clerk.
It did but they told me because it was the first version with the download street instead of the second disc they couldn't take it as goty. oh well lol

Shame it's not towards a X1. Been looking to get rid of my 360 and maybe even my PS3 towards my Xbox One purchase because I already got a PS4. This is a pretty awesome promo for anyone looking to get a PS4 though.
Same I've been thinking about getting an Xbox one and I'd probably jump on this deal if it were valid

Just trade it in toward a PS4, pay it off, and then return it and buy an Xbox One. They won't take away the bonus.

Dangit, was going through the junk in the front seat of my car and found 2 games I got today for $11 each and forgot to trade them in

Can someone with the app tell me what the values are today so I can compare them with the nuked values tomorrow?

PS3 Army of 2 Devils Cartel

X360 Turbo (the animated movie turbo)

To show that I am not lazy, I looked them up in the OP and I see DC is $9 and I don't see Turbo listed. Not sure if those are up to date

Thanks in advance
Army of Two Devil's Cartel: $9.00 ($9.90 Pro) - I actually played this game alone and thought it was enjoyable!
Turbo: $5.00 ($5.50 Pro)

Funny, I thought they were doing away with trade in promos to make things easier for customers, and yet they post more promos for later on this month.

^ What's funny is that in the "old" days of EB Games trade-in, it was always the $x extra promos that were the good ones. We were usually disappointed in percentage promos. But that was back when you could get lots of PS2 games for a few bucks and they were adding $5 or $10 to each one.

bostonfrontier said:
Funny, I thought they were doing away with trade in promos to make things easier for customers, and yet they post more promos for later on this month.
I think they are doing away with "good" promos, with the 50% coupon being the exception (since it was created before the change in policy). But I never read that info as meaning they would never have promos again. $5 extra for PS4/X1 games is pretty tame and you can see the rationale for this: get more of the next-gen games on the shelves for the lead-up to Christmas. I would expect more narrowly focused promos like this one going forward.

Really debating selling my Skyward Sword and SM3DW right now... haven't really played them much (just started 3DW) but for $45 a pop, that's not too bad... (decisions, decisions)... I guess the biggest hinderance is trying to get the cases/manuals, but since I don't need to trade those in to get full value, I might just go ahead and do it :/
I just did that tonight and traded both of mine disc only minus the case / manual / artwork since I plan on picking up the same ones and or ones like it down the road via promos.

I hope Madden 15 has an epic TIV tomorrow

Tomorrow I'm going to Best Buy to pick up my pre-order ($10 back in points) :ps4: Madden 15 with the $10 off coupon + GCU discount & giftcards after that.

Same process (minus pre-order) for :Xboxone: Madden 15
Madden is sitting pretty at $35 and given it is a new release it is a very good possibility it will stay there for now.

For today? $370 before purchases and another $165 I'm about to go do in a few minutes. I'm happy but seem to be far from the top end of what's happening today.
You are slacking. You should have traded in all those Tomb Raider games that you surround yourself with. :razz:

I converted my $500 into amazon credit. Way more options on amazon. Plus I just feel safer having it there than sitting on a gift card.
That credit and you are far from being safe ... when the glitch happens again. :lol:

End of promos my a**. :lol: That's fine, keep the values high like today and keep stacking promos. Don't stop there and add steal of the week coupon stacking on top of it (prays for ipad flipmania 2014). :twisted:

End of promos my a**. :lol: That's fine, keep the values high like today and keep stacking promos. Don't stop there and add steal of the week coupon stacking on top of it (prays for ipad flipmania 2014). :twisted:
Today was supposed to be my retirement from GS flipping. But if that happens, guess I'm gonna make a comeback :bouncy:

Agreed. I already have both next gen consoles and have the destiny PS4 already ordered for the bedroom. If I could somehow do this for the Sunset Overdrive bundle I would to have both consoles in each room(def advantageous when you have a family) but I'd rather not have to return the PS4 from this promo to do so. I will def give this some thought though, since I know I will be getting the overdrive bundle anyway down the road.

Def have the credit to use for it after today as I am now up to $850 GS credit. I traded in $420 worth of games today(not gonna list them since the values will all be nuked tonight anyway) and none were flips...all backlog I knew I was never gonna get to. I will def miss these 50% bonus GS trade ins.

Well not to bad of a day today.  Came out $146.xx ahead and only took about 2 hours between the few stores and BB i had to stop at.  Good thing i saw that BOPII was on clearance for 23.99 on BB.com which i managed to get the last two at my store.  Kind regret i didn't look at both stores for used copies of Mario kart 8 as with the BD coupon i could have easily flipped back more than what i payed for.  Really doubt the price would hold tomorrow.

I was talking to the GS girl about why we had to scan ID BEFORE the coupon values would show up.   I mentioned maybe it was part of the new plan to eliminate the trade in bonuses.

She told me "No, the bonuses aren't going away, they are just becoming more simpler and easier to get you more money"

Can you trade in a ps3 and a 360 for $300 towards a ps4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back