GameStop TIV/Promos XXVI: Values available on Android/iOS app. Games with guaranteed $40/$30 and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system or the value will not get updated. I don't always know it and I'm doing these updates from work to keep them as updated as often as possible so I can't spend time searching for that info.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)
GameStop.com said:

$125 in credit on PS3/360 traded towards New PS4 (Ends 11/9/14)
GameStop.com said:
870x305_PS4TRADE_125_nocta.jpg

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21,22,23,24,25

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the PowerUp Rewards card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your PowerUp Rewards card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60. No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
May or May Not Charge, Depending Upon County: Florida,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
JP, I wouldn't even worry about updating values for couple of days since GS is going to nuke values tomorrow or at any given time for the duration of the promo and then jack them back up after the promo ends. Hence, you will be doing twice the work. Just wait until the promo is over to do the updates and save yourself the hassle. 

Snuck in one last trade after work. Today was a good day. :D

Posting only what wasn't posted already and or I missed the posts. 

:ps3:

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 - $8.00

Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition - $8.00

:360:

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - $9.00

Murdered: Soul Suspect - $13.00

Doom 3 BFG Edition - $9.00

I just did that tonight and traded both of mine disc only minus the case / manual / artwork since I plan on picking up the same ones and or ones like it down the road via promos.

Madden is sitting pretty at $35 and given it is a new release it is a very good possibility it will stay there for now.

You are slacking. You should have traded in all those Tomb Raider games that you surround yourself with. :razz:

That credit and you are far from being safe ... when the glitch happens again. :lol:

End of promos my a**. :lol: That's fine, keep the values high like today and keep stacking promos. Don't stop there and add steal of the week coupon stacking on top of it (prays for ipad flipmania 2014). :twisted:
i had to do a double take on your post, to see if it was from Hoarder. LOL

I just did that tonight and traded both of mine disc only minus the case / manual / artwork since I plan on picking up the same ones and or ones like it down the road via promos.
:
Yeah, resolved myself to do it but couldn't make it home to grab them before they closed. Hoping to snag another code from here (or manager friends who didn't listen to corporate in tossing them) and trade the zelda and mario and a few others tomorrow - ironically I found a "2013 summer playcation" 50% coupon from last summer in my wallet today when hunting for the coupon haha, sufficed to say it had expired. ;)

Just got back from GameStop and ended up getting $324 and paying off the Ps4 Destiny bundle. The guy working there was awesome and hooked me up with a coupon after the code I gave him didn't work.

Yeah, resolved myself to do it but couldn't make it home to grab them before they closed. Hoping to snag another code from here (or manager friends who didn't listen to corporate in tossing them) and trade the zelda and mario and a few others tomorrow - ironically I found a "2013 summer playcation" 50% coupon from last summer in my wallet today when hunting for the coupon haha, sufficed to say it had expired. ;)
You should hand it to them first and just wink and say "shhhh its ok. You can do it" Also PM me for a code.

Man, I hope for your sake that the values don't tank. I found a picture of last year's playcation coupon in my phone when I was pulling up my current coupon. The GS employee and I got a kick out of it. :lol:

Man, I really hope X1 CoD: Ghosts values don't take by 8/29. Then I can do the 50% + $5 extra. Should be $41.30 total w/ PUR, right?

8/25/14 TIV

:pS3: MLB 14 The Show $35
:WiiU: COD Ghosts $15
:3ds: Pokemon Y $20

This was my second visit. I kept the 50% coupon in my pocket (I was waiting until he processed them in the computer) but he ended up scanning the coupon he had. He even stapled another coupon on the receipt. I'm shy of $300...in one day? Lol I call that a good day

P.s. he gave me a couple of codes for mega stones...cool dude is getting 10s on the survey

... and when that fails, glitter bomb the shaq-fu out of the place for bait and switch promo. :razz:
i bet you if the value does tank tomorrow, someone will complain to gamestop employee, saying they should pricematch the tiv, since they locked it in on their iphone. LOL

Can someone with an iphone hook me up with some values?

Nascar The Game Inside Line PS3 and 360

PS3

Dirt 3

Fallout 3 GOTY

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate

Killzone Trilogy

Wii U

007 Legends

Assassin's Cred IV Black Flag

DKC Tropical Freeze

Wii

Goldeneye 007

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Vita

Fifa 13

Hot Shots Golf World Invintational

Mortal Kombat

Muramasa Rebirth

Thanks!

does the tiv for ios only work correctly on iphones only? or does it work without issues on ipad as well, i am thinking getting an ipad

does the tiv for ios only work correctly on iphones only? or does it work without issues on ipad as well, i am thinking getting an ipad
I use it on my iPad. It's the iPhone app running on your iPad so the only difference is you can blow it up to fill the whole screen.

Saw this on the banner scrolling at this page:

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/trade-in

"Get $5 extra credit for every PS4 or Xbox One game trade."

Power Up Rewards members get 1 day early, 8/29. Everyone else 8/30-8/31.

"Trade any PS3 or Xbox 360 and get $75 credit toward the purchase of a new PS4."

PS3 is 80GB or fewer, Xbox 360 is 4GB or Original.

"Trade any PS3 or Xbox 360 and get $150 credit toward the purchase of a new PS4."

PS3 is 120GB or fewer, Xbox 360 is 250GB or Original.
Probably a noob question, but do you guys think they'll do any more promos for trading a Wii for a Wii U in the future?

My sad little Wii is gathering boss level dust.

Values held with no problem on my end. Just $50, nothing crazy.

I hope epic flips are still possible bc one day, I wanted to get in on it to experience the essence of caging.

Values held with no problem on my end. Just $50, nothing crazy.

I hope epic flips are still possible bc one day, I wanted to get in on it to experience the essence of caging.
Right?? I want to have $1000 worth of credit at GS like some of these posters here lol

Probably a noob question, but do you guys think they'll do any more promos for trading a Wii for a Wii U in the future?

Any answer you'll be given here would just be speculation. I would think they would come around Super Smash time, like they did for MK8. That would be your best bet. Otherwise, that ship you're waiting for has already sailed.

Well they got the facts right. 360 and xbone do 720p. Easy mistake
lol I see what you did there.

That's good news about the new upcoming promos. Looks like we'll still have other good promotions down the line but perhaps just not as often or good.

San Jose stores asked for my ID. The employee said it was due to them having to catch up to pawn laws. If so, I guess this was my last big run. We'll see. The employees entered in the info from my license too so it wasn't just some courtesy check. They are logging the info into the system. It seems like it's just a regional thing instead of a statewide requirement.

JW1023 said:

If it is a Gamecube-compatible model you might try selling it. I sold my launch system last December on eBay for $85 plus shipping (which to Canada was $55 for Priority Mail - so the buyer paid $140 total!). I didn't include any games and maybe just an old remote (original non Wii Motion Plus version) and nunchuk. Though I'm not even sure I included those to be honest.

I may have gotten pretty lucky with that sale, but since I listed it as a Buy It Now for that price that must be what they were selling for. I don't think it will have changed all that much since then - though you may want to wait until later in the Fall to sell it.

Now, this all assumes you have the inclination to deal with eBay. If you Craigslist it or whatnot I'm sure you will get far less. But considering that GS gives $22.50 for that same console, I'm certainly glad I made the effort. Interestingly enough, GS gives $32.50 for the newer remote-plus (and presumably non-GC compatible) version. But in the real secondary market, the GC compatibility is a big plus. If you have one of the non-GC ones, I'd probably just take the $32.50 from Gamestop. Though I could see holding out for some sort of promo (like $50 towards a Wii U).

Any answer you'll be given here would just be speculation. I would think they would come around Super Smash time, like they did for MK8. That would be your best bet. Otherwise, that ship you're waiting for has already sailed.
Yeah, you're right. There was a promo like 2-3 months ago that I probably should have jumped on.

Burned someone on a survey. I've never done it, but i don't regret doing it. Long story short, Went to trade my game with coupon and dude didn't apply the coupon during the trade in process and i didn't notice it until i left the store. I came back not 5 minutes to complain about his mistake and he wouldn't have it. didn't even try to contact his manager. -.- I had another game with me to trade in and used the coupon i used for the first transaction and he said it wasn't valid anymore. Burned him hard on the survey, probably won't do anything but i kinda feel better.. not really :-({|=

Went to trade my game with coupon and dude didn't apply the coupon during the trade in process and i didn't notice it until i left the store. I came back not 5 minutes to complain about his mistake and he wouldn't have it. didn't even try to contact his manager. -.- I had another game with me to trade in and used the coupon i used for the first transaction and he said it wasn't valid anymore.
ZenithRequiem meet Karma. Karma meet ZenithRequiem.

Hopefully the Madden 15 base stays at $35 tomorrow.  If I does, I think I'll take my copy from BB I was going to keep and just trade it in and buy the digital version for $54 + tax. (EA Access)

P.s. he gave me a couple of codes for mega stones...cool dude is getting 10s on the survey
I tell you man, those things must be fucking gold or something. The lady at my store hooked me up with one, but I buy most of my stuff there, and just traded in $600 worth of stuff.

Another dude was a real asshole about it and told me that the only way to get them was to preorder Pokemon X or Y (yes, the new games last year). There is more to the story, but pretty much the dude was an ass, made a fool out of himself in front of a few more customers, and got a couple negative surveys, and 6 cancelled preorders for being a dick. I always run into shit at that store, but it is the easiest one to preorder at, since the good store is 10 miles out of my daily commute.

Hopefully the Madden 15 base stays at $35 tomorrow. If I does, I think I'll take my copy from BB I was going to keep and just trade it in and buy the digital version for $54 + tax. (EA Access)
Might buy an extra with my pre-order. Haven't decided on what to do yet. Of course if the TIV drops too much that'll make the decision easy.

Well, today has been amusing. The Tales of Xillia 2 I got during BBY's 50% glitch back in May was sold within a couple hours after I traded it in. I also got another 50% trade-in bonus coupon after one of my trade-in transactions.

Can someone get me an updated TIV for Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance?

Im kinda depressed I dont have shit to trade in. To top it off, Im forcing myself through Knack right now so I can dump it before this promo ends. Im on chapter 8, pray for me.

Flipping seems to be hand in hand with CAG now...I miss 2010
Remember the secret CAG flipper group from 2011? :rofl:

I tell you man, those things must be fucking gold or something. The lady at my store hooked me up with one, but I buy most of my stuff there, and just traded in $600 worth of stuff.

Another dude was a real asshole about it and told me that the only way to get them was to preorder Pokemon X or Y (yes, the new games last year). There is more to the story, but pretty much the dude was an ass, made a fool out of himself in front of a few more customers, and got a couple negative surveys, and 6 cancelled preorders for being a dick. I always run into shit at that store, but it is the easiest one to preorder at, since the good store is 10 miles out of my daily commute.
Yea I know...the day they were suppose to come out I was politely lectured about how I had to pre-order the new Pokemon games.

So what you're saying is, you burned someone in a survey for something you didn't witness, and it's highly likely YOUR party did the screw up. Then you're glad you caused someone to possibly lose hours at a job he/she may need to, ya know, pay bills, feed mouths, etc. etc? You disgust me. I hope you can't get that credit either. Not like you'll need it after all your eBay listings sell. Hopefully all those meet employees that won't take codes written so they in turn burn you and get their money back.

End rant and congrats to all you other cags who do not disgust me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back