Gamestop - Trade 2 from specified list and get NEW from list for $19.99 ***DEAD***

AJRogers

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Trade in two games from the list on this flyer, and get a new game from the list for $19.99 or $9.99

Gamestop is extending the Deal, posted by JohnLa101
[quote name='JohnLa101']Just a heads up, turns out they are extending this deal to 11/23, but with an updated list of eligible trades and the games you can get. Noteworthy mentions are Gears 2, LittleBigPlanet, Left 4 Dead, Mirrors Edge and COD: World at War. Sadly, decent trades like Tiger Woods 08 and Burnout Paradise are no longer eligible, but surprisingly Lego Star Wars is still on the list. I got the new flier today from a Gamestop, I have the images too and can post them if anybody could explain how I could do that here.[/quote]

Extended Deal - Expires 11/23

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/23/08
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541265
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541265.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/23/08

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541266
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541266.jpg

Old Deal Ending 11/02

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Games.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Gamelist.jpg

I just got back from picking up my LBP preorder and traded,

:ps3: GTA IV - $12.50 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Burnout Paradise - $8.00 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Cabela's Alaskan hunt 360 - $4.75 - No deal, not on list

And received Saints Row 2 for $19.99

I'll be going back tomorrow with a Halo 3 that I picked up for $9 and Tiger Woods 08 so I can pick up Midnight Club:LA for $19.99 also. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a good trade with this deal. traded in DBZ (360) and tiger woods 08 (360) and somehow they stack it with the "trade 2 get xtra $10" and i got $50 total credit towards Fallout3. I guess its ymmv.

Whut, I traded in 2 of those games today and I didn't even hear a mention of it.

Now they're gone. D:

Should I take my receipt in tomorrow and ask about it? I'd like Fallout.

[quote name='PaiPaiMaster']Whut, I traded in 2 of those games today and I didn't even hear a mention of it.

Now they're gone. D:

Should I take my receipt in tomorrow and ask about it? I'd like Fallout.[/quote]

i traded a few of them just last week, and sorry, but....

....when you had it to them, consider it gone FOREVER

it's not even a YMMV. there is nothing you or they can do.

josh,
I just posted up there a little bit that I traded, didn't get the deal, and today they refunded and redid the transaction to get me this deal, with both Legos Star Wars and The Orange Box, both of which are YMMV themselves. I would say getting them to redo a trade is definitely within the realm of YMMV. Or ignore my anecdotal evidence. Statistically, it might still be close enough to zero chance to call it that.

I so wish that I could stack the ten dollar bonus and the two games on the list for like a Gears pre-order, that'd be sweeter than pie. Considering I have Fallout 3 and Fable 2, and Far Cry 2 already.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']Actually, no. GameStop's return policy is that brand-new games can only be returned for another copy of the same game. On used games, you can do a one-time return within seven days, and even then, it's for store credit. Some managers are more flexible than others, but that's what corporate says the return policy is.[/quote]

That is only if it has been opened. You may return a sealed game within 30 days for a refund.

Though YMMV on getting cash back like it was mentioned. Since it was a trade in promo, you likely will just get credit back. Or perhaps a combo if you paid the 20 or so you owed in cash.

[quote name='japaki']I so wish that I could stack the ten dollar bonus and the two games on the list for like a Gears pre-order, that'd be sweeter than pie. Considering I have Fallout 3 and Fable 2, and Far Cry 2 already.[/quote]

Yea, no chance on stacking the $10 promo with this, but you should be able to pick a game from the list, keep it until Gears 2 comes out, then exchange it. As long as you don't open it that is.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Yea, no chance on stacking the $10 promo with this, but you should be able to pick a game from the list, keep it until Gears 2 comes out, then exchange it. As long as you don't open it that is.[/QUOTE]

I might actually do that to get call of duty 5

sometimes w/ gamestop you can get decent trade values for older games if you do it w/ promotions.. I usually eBay but at times this becomes a better deal if you're going to already buy a game. eBay for me is becoming a pain in the ass, fixed value fees for video games are horrible now.. and that's what I used to only do.. blah craigs list is tops though

btw is there a list posted? I didn't see on any of the pages

[quote name='aznguyen316']sometimes w/ gamestop you can get decent trade values for older games if you do it w/ promotions.. I usually eBay but at times this becomes a better deal if you're going to already buy a game. eBay for me is becoming a pain in the ass, fixed value fees for video games are horrible now.. and that's what I used to only do.. blah craigs list is tops though

btw is there a list posted? I didn't see on any of the pages[/quote]

first post there's a pic uploaded.

Like I said earlier, I bought the sports and wrestling games for $12 straight from Gamestop and with the promo going on the TIV for the trade-up on each game they gave me $20 and change (i think the change on each game was to cover tax, maybe)

$12 -> $20 instore pretty hot. x2 = ($24 -> $40) + $20 = NEW GAME :bouncy:

[quote name='japaki']I thought they said in this topic that their return policy on new games is that they are exchanged for the same one.[/QUOTE]

thats if u opened it

Hmm might have to try this on Friday. I have DBZ Burst limit and Bourne Conspiracy from a nice Target Clearance, I also have Resistance (only worth about $10 trade in credit at Hastings), I also have BattleField BC($30 trade in at Hastings) So I could do Burst Limit and Bourne and get Saints Row 2 for $20 or Fallout 3, that's not too bad...

How is this a good deal? You are better off trading in your games, getting the extra 10% for edge and buying what you want used.

I'm seriously debating getting rid of my non GH copy of Resistance(which I'll never play) that I got with cheap credit from Blockbuster and my copy of Godfather: Don's Edition that I got from a trade a while back and haven't really played aside from the tutorials.

But unfortunately, there's nothing on the games list that I really WANT at this point. Now, if this promo somehow stuck around till December/January, I'd grab one of the games from the list, then swap it out for Rise Of The Argonauts in January.

[quote name='Wblaze']How is this a good deal? You are better off trading in your games, getting the extra 10% for edge and buying what you want used.[/quote]

Not necessarily. A lot of these games, even some of the better ones, trade in for sub 10 dollar base. Add 10% even onto 10 dollars and that is only an extra dollar. So that is 11 dollars per game instead of 20 + Edge. You're also trading it for a new product, rather than a used, which might not be a huge deal to some, but it is to others. That counts as one more copy sold anyways for the developer of the title.

If you are trading in two titles that fetch more than 15 bucks each, you might be better off then trading them without the deal.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
But unfortunately, there's nothing on the games list that I really WANT at this point. Now, if this promo somehow stuck around till December/January, I'd grab one of the games from the list, then swap it out for Rise Of The Argonauts in January.[/quote]

I bet you could pick a new game from the list, come back a few days later and return it for credit, which you could use to preorder that title. YMMV of course, but I bet most of my local GS would do it. That's another preorder for their numbers that they wouldn't have otherwise.

This deal is awesome for me because I combine it with the games that I have acquired for dirt cheap. Slickdeals+Good eBay searching+CAG=LOTS of Money saved

For example, I just bought Ninja Gaiden II, Halo 3, and MS Flight Sim X Deluxe, all brand new and still sealed for $9 a piece through a slickdeal. I'm not trading my sealed games though, there are better things to do with a sealed and cellophaned copy of something you will never play. :lol::mrgreen:

Burnout Paradise and Ghost Squad and 20$ for Fable 2. I think its worth it... Ghost Squad was only 20$ when I bought it anyways, and Burnout Paradise just sucks.

[quote name='AJRogers']This deal is awesome for me because I combine it with the games that I have acquired for dirt cheap. Slickdeals+Good eBay searching+CAG=LOTS of Money saved

For example, I just bought Ninja Gaiden II, Halo 3, and MS Flight Sim X Deluxe, all brand new and still sealed for $9 a piece through a slickdeal. I'm not trading my sealed games though, there are better things to do with a sealed and cellophaned copy of something you will never play. :lol::mrgreen:[/quote]

While I'm sure this deal is no longer available, I was wondering if you could elaborate on it? I seem to have missed that one.

[quote name='guessed']While I'm sure this deal is no longer available, I was wondering if you could elaborate on it? I seem to have missed that one.[/quote]
interested as well =p.

[quote name='Yanksfan']I bet you could pick a new game from the list, come back a few days later and return it for credit, which you could use to preorder that title. YMMV of course, but I bet most of my local GS would do it. That's another preorder for their numbers that they wouldn't have otherwise.[/quote]

That's true, although knowing my Gamestops around here they'd give me a hard time about it. :roll:

[quote name='guessed']While I'm sure this deal is no longer available, I was wondering if you could elaborate on it? I seem to have missed that one.[/quote]

www.Microsoft.com/ExpertZone

You have to be employed by a company on their list to qualify, but sometimes you can slip through with some fake info. I got lucky :)

You take short training courses and then they give you a quiz on the course. You pick what you want to be "trained" on. I chose pretty much all 360 games and then just skipped right to the quiz and was able to get quick points that way.

Then with the points, you redeem them for products. The games are $9 a piece plus the points and that's including shipping.

[quote name='AJRogers']www.Microsoft.com/ExpertZone

You have to be employed by a company on their list to qualify, but sometimes you can slip through with some fake info. I got lucky :)

You take short training courses and then they give you a quiz on the course. You pick what you want to be "trained" on. I chose pretty much all 360 games and then just skipped right to the quiz and was able to get quick points that way.

Then with the points, you redeem them for products. The games are $9 a piece plus the points and that's including shipping.[/QUOTE]

and you are also not supposed to sell or trade in the stuff you get from there.

this is a no go in the 2 stores in grand prairie and arlington tx I tried...douchebag at ebgames threatened to call the cops on me because I tried to trade in new games that were unopened...i said ok i'll take them outside and open them and come back...ya thats the last time i go to that place...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm seriously debating getting rid of my non GH copy of Resistance(which I'll never play) that I got with cheap credit from Blockbuster and my copy of Godfather: Don's Edition that I got from a trade a while back and haven't really played aside from the tutorials.

But unfortunately, there's nothing on the games list that I really WANT at this point. Now, if this promo somehow stuck around till December/January, I'd grab one of the games from the list, then swap it out for Rise Of The Argonauts in January.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I have Resistance, Godfather and Ghost Squad to trade in. Was going to trade in MLB 08, but that get $30 at BB apparently.

I'm trying to pick two games to trade in....probably for Fallout or Saint's Row 2.

Well wish I would have saw this yesterday when I got Fallout 3... I could use this for fable 2....

Could trade in my 360 version of eternal sonata(save file/360 profile got deleted half way through the game, plan on picking up the PS3 version in the future.) And get rid of drakes fortune which I will never play again....

[quote name='timmylamb']this is a no go in the 2 stores in grand prairie and arlington tx I tried...douchebag at ebgames threatened to call the cops on me because I tried to trade in new games that were unopened...i said ok i'll take them outside and open them and come back...ya thats the last time i go to that place...[/QUOTE]

If you're ever going to even think of stepping into a GS with sealed games to trade, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR RECEIPT FROM THE STORE YOU BOUGHT THEM FROM. Show them the receipt and say the store has a strict return policy and you regret buying the games, want to see if you can cut your losses.

They are trained to recognize these as stolen items and you as the thief. Even if the receipt says that you paid less than they're giving, they won't question where you got them.

[quote name='AJRogers']

Then with the points, you redeem them for products. The games are $9 a piece plus the points and that's including shipping.[/quote]

Aah, not a slickdeal. Fraud, plain and simple. Yeah I did know about the ExpertZone, but I am not a retail sales professional.

Fallout 3 is the only one that interests me. FYI, Force Unleashed is $40 at circuit city. Saw it last night. QUICK drop!

Good deal if you have the games already. But if you plan on buying some of the games that are cheap, you might be better off waiting for a used copy of the game you want.

Example
Some of the wii games can be brought for 17bucks with Cellfire + edge = 12bucks per game. $12 x 2 = $24 +$19.99 = $45

Used copy of a new game = $55 - 20% cellfire - 10% edge = $39

Just depends how cheap you are and if you care if the game is new or used =)

[quote name='jer7583']If you're ever going to even think of stepping into a GS with sealed games to trade, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR RECEIPT FROM THE STORE YOU BOUGHT THEM FROM. Show them the receipt and say the store has a strict return policy and you regret buying the games, want to see if you can cut your losses.

They are trained to recognize these as stolen items and you as the thief. Even if the receipt says that you paid less than they're giving, they won't question where you got them.[/QUOTE]

I guess if thats how they are trained thats how they do business but still thats messed up, dont freaking treat people like that, thats just wrong, thanks for the tip though, i havent bought a game from them since warcraft the burning crusade guess i'll be going elsewhere for my midnight fix on the 13th, back to the topic at hand, only good game on that list was Fallout 3 I wanted.

[quote name='jer7583']If you're ever going to even think of stepping into a GS with sealed games to trade, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR RECEIPT FROM THE STORE YOU BOUGHT THEM FROM. Show them the receipt and say the store has a strict return policy and you regret buying the games, want to see if you can cut your losses.

They are trained to recognize these as stolen items and you as the thief. Even if the receipt says that you paid less than they're giving, they won't question where you got them.[/quote]

I have traded in several new/sealed games at GS and have never had a problem. Good Target clearance games equal nice flips at GS with promotions. In fact, it was the manager who help me out. This may be a YMMV type situation. There are probably several factors that determine how you are treated!

[quote name='agentmda']Burnout Paradise and Ghost Squad and 20$ for Fable 2. I think its worth it... Ghost Squad was only 20$ when I bought it anyways, and Burnout Paradise just sucks.[/quote]

You know you still have to pay 20$ on top of trading the games right ?

So wait, if I trade in two of my games for this promotion and pay the 19.99, and leave it sealed until Gears 2 can I return it for gears 2?

Yeah I'm just not sure about the return working to get something that comes out after the deal is done.

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah I'm just not sure about the return working to get something that comes out after the deal is done.[/quote]Conflicting reports on this from past threads with this deal.

Some have said it's just done as an even exchange without any issue.

Other people have said that the return value on the game is what you've paid for it, $9.99 or $19.99, and you don't get anything back in credit for the $40 you've been given towards the original purchase from the trade-in.

I wouldn't use this as a "get game X, and in >30 days, get game Y, which I want instead of game X" scenario.

Traded in a couple of Facebreakers from the Target clearance, Burnout Paradise, and MLB 08 for Fallout 3 and NBA2k9. I asked for gift receipts for both of the games hoping that will increase my chances of exchanging them for Resistance 2 and Valkyria Chronicles later this week.

I'll post my result this coming Tuesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doubledown']I'm in the same boat. I have Resistance, Godfather and Ghost Squad to trade in. Was going to trade in MLB 08, but that get $30 at BB apparently.

I'm trying to pick two games to trade in....probably for Fallout or Saint's Row 2.[/quote]

I may actually go to the local game shop and try to bullshit the guy working there that Resistance is still a $40-50 game, see if I can't recoup most of the credit I spent on it from Blockbuster but get it in cash money from them. :D

I would do this deal, but the way it is, I still have almost a half dozen games(including Little Big Planet now)that're maybe 5-10% done each and are just sitting there otherwise. I'd prefer CASH, if I could get it for these games.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Traded in a couple of Facebreakers from the Target clearance, Burnout Paradise, and MLB 08 for Fallout 3 and NBA2k9. I asked for gift receipts for both of the games hoping that that will increase my chances of exchanging them for Resistance 2 and Valkyria Chronicles later this week.
I'll post my result this coming Tuesday.[/quote]

I know Facebreaker is on clearance, but i hadn't seen reports of it going below $25 yet. How much did you pay for them?

[quote name='Muffin_Man']

[quote name='agentmda']...and Burnout Paradise just sucks.[/QUOTE]

Blasphemer! ;)[/QUOTE]

Any racing game that will not let you restart a race (after you know you lost it) & that you have to "drive" back to the "start" of the race to replay, SUCKS!

I read an interview in Game Informer where one of the Devs said that they designed it the way they did because that is what gamers want!? :wall:

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Burnout games! Just not this one.

[quote name='iluvmywife']I have traded in several new/sealed games at GS and have never had a problem. Good Target clearance games equal nice flips at GS with promotions. In fact, it was the manager who help me out. This may be a YMMV type situation. There are probably several factors that determine how you are treated![/QUOTE]

I also have never had a problem with sealed games.

In fact, went to Target this morning to get Skate. They did not have it, so I picked up :ps3:MLB 08: The Show for $14.98. Took my copy of Burnout Paradise (that I got from Gamefly for $10.00, a couple of months ago) & went to Gamestop.

Got Fallout 3 & used some of my GS Credit to pay the balance.

Early XMAS Present!

Hmmm....this may be my way out to get Fallout 3 & Fable 2. Having Orange Box & Resistance on the PS3 along with OB on the 360 & Oblivion. Trying to decide if I need Fable 2 while I am waiting on LBP & Resistance at TRU (on the B2G1). Nothing else on the list too exciting for me. Besides, playing TF2 on the PC is way better.

bread's done
Back