Gamestop trade 2 wii games get $30 off select titles, 2 ds games get $20 off select

stone1061

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
002-1.jpg

001.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff170/stone1061/001.jpg

I plan on getting a few of these games for the wife and kids, so it's my own little perfect storm.

Trade 2 wii games with tiv of $3.01 or more, get $30 off select titles including Wii Fit, Wii Music, RRR Tv party, Skate it, Fitness coach, Cooking Mama world kitchen, r u smarter..., cheer squad, DDR hot party2, Jillian Micheals, Skate City Heroes.
You also get a magazine to some womans magazines with purchase of any of these titles.

Trade two ds games more than $2.01 get $20 off most Imagine ... Games, My language games, a few more learning and educational games.

Way better than the trade 3 get $10 if you want some of these games.
I'll be looking for some cheap wii games left at BB since the wife and daughters want some new stuff to use with the wii balance board.

The manager at the store had the sign up but had no idea what the big "Save $30/Save $20" applied towards. He had to get out the promo book to see.

[highlight]Added by Io[/highlight] - Since I was trying to figure out whether any of these games are good or not, I looked up reviews on a lot of them. That would probably be useful info here so, with the better ones (70 average or better - I rounded up the 69 ones) bolded:

:ds:
Brain Age and Brain Age 2 - everyone knows these, no need for reviews ;)
Brain Quest Grades 3 & 4 - 64 average on 3 reviews at Metacritic
Brain Quest Grades 5 & 6 - 64 average on 3 reviews at Metacritic
Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends - 70 average on 39 reviews at Metacritic
Crosswords DS - 69 average on 14 reviews at Metacritic
Ener-G: Dance Squad - 66 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic
Ener-G: Gym Rockets - 70 from IGN (only review found)
Ener-G: Horse Riders - 45 from IGN (only review found)
Flash Focus - 59 average on 22 reviews at Metacritic
Gourmet Chef: Cook Your Way to Fame - 70 from IGN (only review found)
Guinness World Records: The Videogame - 70 average on 4 reviews at Metacritic
Imagine Animal Doctor - 65 from IGN (only review found)
Imagine Fashion Designer - 30 from IGN (get My Fashion Studio instead!)
Imagine Interior Designer - 68 from IGN (only review found)
Imagine Teacher - 75 from IGN (only review found)
Imagine Wedding Designer - 25 from IGN (only review found)
Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir - 69 average on 16 reviews at Metacritic
My Fashion Studio - 65 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic (70 from IGN)
My Fun Facts Coach - 51 from IGN (only review found)
My Chinese/English/French/Japanese/Spanish Coach - sparse reviews, consider if you are interested in said languages ;).
My SAT Coach - 65 from IGN (only review found)
My Weight Loss Coach - 63 average on 4 reviews at Metacritic
Personal Trainer Cooking - 81 average on 10 reviews at Metacritic
Personal Trainer Math - not listed on Metacritic, 65 average on 12 reviews from Gamerankings
Quick Yoga Training - 25 from IGN (only review found)
Touchmaster 2 - 77 average on 6 reviews at Metacritic

:wii:
All Star Cheer Squad - 64 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? - 38 from IGN (only review found)
Cooking Mama World Kitchen - 63 average on 8 reviews at Metacritic
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2 - 67 average on 6 reviews at Metacritic
My Fitness Coach - NO reviews anywhere!
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party - 72 average on 21 reviews at Metacritic (I rented this - if you liked the others then you will like this too - it is very short in single-player though).
Skate City Heroes - 61 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic
Skate It - 72 average on 31 reviews at Metacritic
Wii Music - eh, figure this one out for yourself ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='filanime03']is it only select wii titles or does it include ps3 and xbox 360 games.[/QUOTE]

Says trade wii for wii, ds for ds. So no mixing other systems

[quote name='slidecage']link be nice

can not find news story anywhere[/QUOTE]

I can not link to the flyer on the desk in front of me. Would be nice if I hadn't trade in most of my low tiv wii games last week.

I hope this isn't just some local deal. Combining this with b1g1 at BBV, and the credit I already built via that and the previous Wii trade-in deal, in order to buy DDR Hottest Party 2 bundle which I already wanted... well that would be a huge win for me! From that previous deal I got a tad more then double my money in credit (plus a couple keeper games), which means I pay a bit less then half for the game as is, plus I buy 2 Wii games for $10 via b1g1 at BBV now and then trade them in at GS and get $30 off via this deal, so effectively $20 more off the $69.99 price. That makes it, what, about $15?

So trade in any two Wii games with at least $3.01 tiv and you get $30 off a select Wii game, no other restrictions? Can you buy the game used or is it new only?

[quote name='stone1061']
DSCF3674-1.jpg

DSCF3673-1.jpg

Trade 2 wii games with tiv of $3.01 or more, get $30 off select titles including Wii Fit, Wii Music, RRR Tv party, Skate it, Fitness coach, Cooking Mama world kitchen, r u smarter..., cheer squad, DDR hot party2, Jillian Micheals, Skate City Heroes

Trade two ds games more than $2.01 get $20 off most Imagine ... Games, My language games, a few more learning and educational games.
Way better than the trade 3 get $10 if you want some of these games.
I'll be looking for some cheap wii games left at BB since the wife and daughters want some new stuff to use with the wii balance board.[/QUOTE]

man too bad the pic wasnt bigger

cant make out half of the ds games but something makes me think this is a local thing only

games i can make out

1... some chef game
2 cooking mama 2 what would be free
3 personal cooker what would be free
4 No clue
5 and 6 ---brain age grade 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 what would be free (tempted )
7 and 8---- brain age 1 and 2 bleh
9 flash foucs what is a rip
10 tMystery Case Files: MillionHeir FREE?

11 crosswords NICE already have

12 touchmaster 2

13 world records

14 fan facts coach (might grab this if they have this deal locally)

rest of the games are simple to figure out its the lanuage games and the image games

Bad news its a LOCAL THING they will not honor it here

EDIT one store will and one wont ... maybe they dont have their paper work in yet??

Thanks for the much bigger scans, though still a bit blurry! Did you get the flyer in the mail or did you find it in store?

slidecage - that one of your stores will honor it gives hope that it isn't just local. I'm going to call my local GS' tonight. If it's in effect, I'll be taking advantage of this for sure. Thanks OP!

It's a nice deal if you are wanting to buy the games. We have TV Party and I didn't care for Jillian Michael's or Wii Music. The other titles don't look that good to try.

In terms of flipping, you can buy 2 Wii games @ BBV for $9.99 and then spend $20 to get the game for $30 out of pocket. None of the Wii games seem to have TIV higher than $30 on a good day.

One thing that is odd of note, My Fitness Coach & Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader only costs $29.99, so you could flip $10 into a $30 game there. Skate City Heroes is $19.99, so I wonder if they would give you a $10 credit there. Worth trying with another game.

Of the games where you could make a deal, the only one I can find a TIV for is My Fitness Coach for $16, so you could do a $9.99 on two Wii games @ BBV, get My Fitness Coach for free, and trade it to BBV for $16.

Could you add a close up of the fine print? That would be uber awesome if you can manage it. In any case, I really appreciate your find, OP!

I called a girl in Dallas, TX and they had the promotion. She said it expires February 8th. She knew nothing about it, but she looked through her promotions for me and was discovering it.

I would love to get Skate City Heroes actually. If they give you a ten dollar credit, that's pretty good. You break even on the trade in and get a free game.

This is a great deal for Wii-Fit.

I traded 2 x 9.99 games from BB from BOGO-> $40.00 including bonus.

5 + 15 bonus
5 + 15 bonus

-------
$ 40

Wii Fit cost my 49.99 in GS credit.

so if im understanding this correctly, buy 2 cheap wii games from blockbuster and trade them in for $30 off one of those games. pay the difference then just return the game. we will essentially be getting $30 credit for games you can probably get for 9.99 or even 6.99. skate city is also only 19.99 so would we actually get $10.01 credit back? that actually might be the better way to go. if there are no other restrictions other than the $3.01 minium then this deal is actually pretty good.

[quote name='ghozt']so if im understanding this correctly, buy 2 cheap wii games from blockbuster and trade them in for $30 off one of those games. pay the difference then just return the game. we will essentially be getting $30 credit for games you can probably get for 9.99 or even 6.99. if there are no other restrictions other than the $3.01 minium then this deal is actually pretty good.[/quote]
Just did a Blockbuster run, spent $66 in credit for 10 games that will flip to $150 towards some of these games. Not sure about the return possiblities for full credit. I'm sure it could be done, but with the trade 3 get $10, you aren't really going to making out that much unless you could find some of the $9.99 games at Blockbuster which is unlikely at this point.
Besides games for the wife and kids, I'd probably grab some Wii Fits for $59.99 after bonus to flip.

this is great deal, i went pick up a wii fit during lunch, and saw this ads. I told him i dont have my wii game with me, he said i can bring two wii game in later and do a return and rebuy with the wii fit. Too bad, they have 4 wii fit, but i'm only allow to buy one. (if i had more time during lunch, i would score some wii from other GS by my work). This is one of the best way to cash out on GS credit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Any of those wii game good to keep?

I might pick up My Fitness Coach for the mom. She was pretty underwhelmed with Wii Fit which I totally saw coming. Fitness Coach seems to be a port of Yourself Fitness which came out for PS2/XBOX and was a suprisingly good workout game.

The language training games are also pretty good, so I might try out the new Japanese or Chinese versions.

I also recommend Personal Trainer: Cooking if you're at all interested in learning your way around the kitchen. It's basically an interactive cookbook which is actually kind of neat.

[quote name='slidecage']sucks i got like 8 games that fetch 2 bucks that can not be used[/QUOTE]

guess 6 games

Lost magic
brain boost
honeycomb beat
gunpey
battles of prince of persia
nanostray

All fetch 1 to 1.50

okay i can't read the fine print on the ad so this might be a dumb question. can you trade in 4 wii games and get $60 off? probably not right since you can't really double the offer.

Someone really needs to post a summary of a receipt from this deal. From what I'm hearing, you get the TIV of the game PLUS the $30 or $20 off the new game, right?

I have an extra Flash Focus. If I can find another DS game my daughter is interested in the Fun Facts Coach game (pending me reading reviews to make sure it isn't terrible).

And if I can get $5 each for 2 Wii games from Blockbuster + $30 off I might even get Wii Music or Cooking Mama. That means $10 at BBV (2 games using B1G1) + just $10 more at GS to get those.

Tried to do this after work and it didn't automatically ring up. The CSR at first said it was due to the "refurb" fee they put on one of my games (a BB trade-in that had a pretty nasty scratch unfortunately and games for this deal had to be in "perfect" working condition). However, just for kicks he took off the refurb fee to see if it worked...and it still didn't.

He would do it manually if I bring in a different game, but I was still concerned because of the reports in the BB thread that the $30 was in ADDITION to the regular trade value. If he did it manually, surely he would just change the total to $30.

Well, $30 for two crappy games (Battle of the Bands and Go Diego Go!) wouldn't have been bad. Took back Go Diego Go to BB and got Speed Racer. Will report back if successful the second time.

[quote name='io']Someone really needs to post a summary of a receipt from this deal. From what I'm hearing, you get the TIV of the game PLUS the $30 or $20 off the new game, right?

I have an extra Flash Focus. If I can find another DS game my daughter is interested in the Fun Facts Coach game (pending me reading reviews to make sure it isn't terrible).

And if I can get $5 each for 2 Wii games from Blockbuster + $30 off I might even get Wii Music or Cooking Mama. That means $10 at BBV (2 games using B1G1) + just $10 more at GS to get those.[/quote]

I'll update original post with receipts later but the $30 STACKS with EDGE and Trade in Value of games!!!

I just got
$19.40 for Alien Syndrome
$20.50 for Samba de Amigo
$20.50 for Battle of Bands
$22.70 for Okami

Had to be seperate transactions. Got Are you Smarter than... and the exra $9.xx went onto my edge card.

How can you check the GS site to see what stores have Wii Fit? All I can find is a $130 "Wii Fit starter bundle"...? (And yes I have clicked on 'show backordered items')

[quote name='stone1061']I'll update original post with receipts later but the $30 STACKS with EDGE and Trade in Value of games!!!

I just got
$22.70 for Okami

Had to be seperate transactions. Got Are you Smarter than... and the exra $9.xx went onto my edge card.[/QUOTE]

So you did get it to work! Hmmm.. I'll have to try it again.

stone1061 - and this was automatic, not requiring a manual override to work? Yeah, the receipt would clear that up (if it shows a specific promo being applied). Just want to make sure before I go out of my way to buy more DS/Wii games. I really wish I hadn't included a DBZ BT2 in with my trade 3 promo trade last night - only got $7.xx for it that way :cry:. That leaves me with ONE extra DS game and ONE extra Wii game :lol:.

anyone know of a few wii games are just over the $3.01 starting TIV that we could pick up cheap somewhere ? I think Super swing golf 2 was only worth $2.00 last time I looked...

[quote name='fshaia']anyone know of a few wii games are just over the $3.01 starting TIV that we could pick up cheap somewhere ? I think Super swing golf 2 was only worth $2.00 last time I looked...[/QUOTE]

Well of course Blockbuster is your best bet with a lot of games at $9.99 or $14.99 and with B1G1 free running. Problem is, all the new Wii owners have wiped out most of those cheapies from all the BBV near me. Your best bet is to read the BBV thread to know what to look for and hope that they aren't tagged correctly at your local BBV. If they were tagged correctly and put in a B1G1 bin, they are most likely gone by now.

[quote name='stone1061']I'll update original post with receipts later but the $30 STACKS with EDGE and Trade in Value of games!!!

I just got
$22.70 for Okami

Had to be seperate transactions. Got Are you Smarter than... and the exra $9.xx went onto my edge card.[/QUOTE]

OK, so you got roughly $80 in credit and bought Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader ($30) and got $9 back on your Edge card? Am I missing something? What happened to the other $40 in credit you got?

I was pleasantly happy when I went with two Wii games that were $5 TIV each and I ended up getting $41 in credit to buy Wii Music and paid $8.99. I was really hoping that I could get Animal Crossing instead, but it didn't work on the deal. I also would have liked to get a Wii Fit to flip for cash, but our area is cleared out of them.

I had cleared out most of the BBV's when they were doing the $5 extra for each Wii game, so I'm going to have to make another pass to see if there are any leftovers. Getting a Wii Fit for $90-30-10 = $50, which is a complete steal.

OK, so I was figuring out if I wanted to get any of these DS games and in the process looked up the reviews. I figured I might as well add this info to the OP for others as few of these games are aimed at the typical CAG demographic and we probably need some help in picking these out for presents or for the kids or whatever ;).

I do know from previous research that if you want one of the fashion designer games to go with "My Fashion Studio" over the Imagine version. My 11 year-old daughter has My Fashion Studio and likes it.

Here are the DS results. I will do the Wii games in a bit too:

Better ones (70 average or better) bolded (I rounded up the two with 69 avergaes to be included ;)):

My Chinese/English/French/Japanese/Spanish Coach - sparse reviews, consider if you are interesting in said languages ;).
Personal Trainer Math - not listed on Metacritic, 65 average on 12 reviews from Gamerankings

My daughter had wanted the My Fun Facts game, but it looks pretty dry from the IGN review. On the other hand, I would have completely ignored that Guinness World Records game but it looks halfway decent. So I think I will get that and maybe the Cooking Trainer game. I have been kicking myself for not getting that for $5 from Amazon on Black Friday. I had the chance to get it but I thought it was come cheap-ass shovelware - I didn't realize at the time it was a brand new game published by Nintendo. Problem is I need to find more cheap DS games to trade in (need 3 more now to get those 2 games).

I'd like to give kudos to IGN for being the only outlet to review many of these DS games. It really annoys me that sites jump all over reviewing the big release games which, really, don't NEED reviews. And yet these sorts of games which we are buying for others are the ones we truly need reviews for and most sites ignore them. Idiots.

One more note: I didn't do the game in the upper left corner of the scan because I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. If anyone knows I'll certainly add it to the list!

[quote name='Josef']OK, so you got roughly $80 in credit and bought Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader ($30) and got $9 back on your Edge card? Am I missing something? What happened to the other $40 in credit you got?[/quote]

I'm obivously not smarter than a 5th grader, I should have put that I also got Rayman Raving Rabbits Tv party which is a blast to watch my kids play.

I added a scan of one of my receipts to the first post.
I tried to get clearer pictures up.

Clerk scanned the traded in games, then scanned the one I wanted to buy and the POS did all work.

Wii reviews:

All Star Cheer Squad - 64 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? - 38 from IGN (only review found)
Cooking Mama World Kitchen - 63 average on 8 reviews at Metacritic
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2 - 67 average on 6 reviews at Metacritic
My Fitness Coach - NO reviews anywhere!
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party - 72 average on 21 reviews at Metacritic (I rented this - if you liked the others then you will like this too - it is very short in single-player though).
Skate City Heroes - 61 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic
Skate It - 72 average on 31 reviews at Metacritic
Wii Music - eh, figure this one out for yourself ;).

[quote name='io']OK, so I was figuring out if I wanted to get any of these DS games and in the process looked up the reviews. I figured I might as well add this info to the OP for others as few of these games are aimed at the typical CAG demographic and we probably need some help in picking these out for presents or for the kids or whatever ;).

I do know from previous research that if you want one of the fashion designer games to go with "My Fashion Studio" over the Imagine version. My 11 year-old daughter has My Fashion Studio and likes it.

Here are the DS results. I will do the Wii games in a bit too:

Better ones (70 average or better) bolded (I rounded up the two with 69 avergaes to be included ;)):

My Chinese/English/French/Japanese/Spanish Coach - sparse reviews, consider if you are interesting in said languages ;).

My daughter had wanted the My Fun Facts game, but it looks pretty dry from the IGN review. On the other hand, I would have completely ignored that Guinness World Records game but it looks halfway decent. So I think I will get that and maybe the Cooking Trainer game. I have been kicking myself for not getting that for $5 from Amazon on Black Friday. I had the chance to get it but I thought it was come cheap-ass shovelware - I didn't realize at the time it was a brand new game published by Nintendo. Problem is I need to find more cheap DS games to trade in (need 3 more now to get those 2 games).

I'd like to give kudos to IGN for being the only outlet to review many of these DS games. It really annoys me that sites jump all over reviewing the big release games which, really, don't NEED reviews. And yet these sorts of games which we are buying for others are the ones we truly need reviews for and most sites ignore them. Idiots.

One more note: I didn't do the game in the upper left corner of the scan because I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. If anyone knows I'll certainly add it to the list![/QUOTE]

My Fun Facts game on the reviews i seen (gamefly.com) Sounds like the games questions are random and sort of boring.... Might take it back tomorrow and see if i can get a refund or exchange it for another ame

So I think I'm going to try to get the Guinness World Records game if I can scrounge up another DS game to trade. If I can scrounge up 2 more after that I may get either Cooking Mama or the Personal Trainer Cooking game.

The important thing to consider on the DS games (well, and the Wii games too I guess) is their regular price. The Guinness game and Personal Trainer Cooking are $19.99 - meaning if I trade a couple of games with TIVs of $2.50 or so (Flash Focus is quoted at that as of 11/30 - hopefully it is still over $2) then I get a free copy of one of those games plus $5.50 or so back on my Edge card. With something like Touchmaster II or Cooking Mama I'd still have to pay nearly $5.

Though it would probably be easier for me to find cheap Wii games, I have less interest in those. It may be hard to pass up Wii Music though for what would essentially be $10 in BBV credit and $10 in GS credit.

Oh, and if you want to see if your games qualify, check here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209897

And please, even if you make DS game trades, post the values there. jp0213 will update the OP. For example, we need a newer Flash Focus quote and Narnia Prince Caspian for the DS isn't even listed on there even though I know people said they traded it for this promo - that means they didn't cross post the values over there! Get to it!

[quote name='io']One more note: I didn't do the game in the upper left corner of the scan because I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. If anyone knows I'll certainly add it to the list![/quote]That was bothering me that I couldn't tell what it was. Anyone know?

[quote name='Master Shake']Oh it's Gourmet Chef. Only one review from IGN (7/10).[/QUOTE]

I thought, through all the blurriness, it looked like one of those cooking games.

I just looked these up to maximize the $ I can get out. Here are the prices, new/used of these games off Gamestop's website. I only did new/used for DS, anyone wanna find out TIV's from BB/GR. I don't think the TIVs are all listed in the other thread.

DS

$15/$13
Quick Yoga Training

$20/$13
Flash Focus

$20/$18
Brain Age
Brain Age 2
Brain Quest Grades 3 & 4
Brain Quest Grades 5 & 6
Crosswords DS
Guinness World Records: The Videogame
Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir
My French Coach
Personal Trainer Cooking
Personal Trainer Math

$30/$25
Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends
Ener-G: Dance Squad
Ener-G: Gym Rockets
Ener-G: Horse Riders
Gourmet Chef: Cook Your Way to Fame
Imagine Animal Doctor $30/$20
Imagine Fashion Designer
Imagine Interior Designer
Imagine Teacher
Imagine Wedding Designer
My Fashion Studio $30/$20
My Fun Facts Coach
My Chinese/English/Japanese/Spanish Coach
My SAT Coach
Touchmaster 2

$40/$30
My Weight Loss Coach

Wii
$20
Skate City Heroes

$30
Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?: Make the Grade
My Fitness Coach

$40
All Star Cheer Squad
Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009

$50
Cooking Mama World Kitchen
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Skate It
Wii Music

$70
Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2

$90
Wii Fit

Surprised to see success stories with getting the actual trade value in addition to the $15 bump. I went back with Speed Racer and Battle of the Bands (both $5 Tiv normally) and the promo still didn't work. I'm starting to think that it's because I got RRR TV Party. Maybe it hasn't been attached to the promo correctly.

In any case, they had to manually bump them and insisted that it just bumps the trade value to $15 each. Oh well, still got $33 (with Edge) on two games I got from BB for $10 total. And my kids wanted RRV TV Party anyway.

bread's done
Back