Gamestop trade 3 next gen titles get $15 bonus, starts 9/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capa

CAGiversary!
I just left a Gamestop with a manager who knows I'm a flipper and usually gives me heads up on promos, he said that starting on 9/1 the next trade in promo is Wii/360/PS3 titles, trade 3 get an extra $15. He did it so I wouldn't flip anything from BB that was next gen until Monday.

Great 'perfect storm' brewing here - with the BBV Labor Day sale, perhaps we'll get some really neat deals that'll let us actually make a profit moving games between em. I'm assuming very heavily here that trade-in's have to be at least $1 - meaning no sports titles under 2008 and Burger King games.

[quote name='ultramanJ']The question will be which games are the best flips? I'm guessing Metal Slug Antology Wii would be one.[/quote]

Actually, for me it was Wii shovelware that was on sale at Walmart for 2 for 6 bucks.

It all depends on what other deals are goin on at the time. Flips resulting from other stores' deals are almost without exception way better than specific game flips.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this, I made a ton off Gamestop last time around.

[quote name='msam']Great 'perfect storm' brewing here - with the BBV Labor Day sale, perhaps we'll get some really neat deals that'll let us actually make a profit moving games between em. I'm assuming very heavily here that trade-in's have to be at least $1 - meaning no sports titles under 2008 and Burger King games.[/quote]

Everyone keeps saying that "Labor day sale," but is there any confirmation on what the sale includes yet?

This is good to hear. I have some sports games from this year that I need to get rid of. As long as the usual restrictions apply, this will be a big help. Thanks for the heads-up, OP.

hmm I have Madden 09 CE and then NFL Head Coach 09 CE to trade in, that's two, wonder what else I can grab or flip.. thanks for heads up though OP

[quote name='shrike4242']Probably $20-$25, like all newly released games.[/quote]

Some really big-name titles get $30 the first few weeks after their release, but considering how many copies of Madden are usually floating around, I'd suspect $25 is probably where it's at.

[quote name='Tsukento']So in other words, $5 extra per game. Isn't that how it normally goes on the receipts?[/quote]

Yep, that's how it's calculated in the computer after it finds a group of three.

[quote name='ighosty']anyone have anymore details on this?[/quote]
If it's anything like the last times they've done this, then it's best to assume there'll be either a list of what they're only going to accept, or a list of exclusions.

Usually they exclude Wii Sports, Wii Play, Madden games that date back 2 years, and the BK Games.

The "trade x games for y extra credit" deals usually have exclusions, mainly the ones listed above. The deals with inclusions are usually things like "trade 2 games and get a $60 game for $20."

[quote name='Tsukento']If it's anything like the last times they've done this, then it's best to assume there'll be either a list of what they're only going to accept, or a list of exclusions.
Usually they exclude Wii Sports, Wii Play, Madden games that date back 2 years, and the BK Games.[/quote]

The trade two get bonus $10 deal excluded any game that traded for $1 or less. But no specific title eligibility.

[quote name='rick3000gto']Anyone know what madden 09 trades in for.[/quote]

I looked up the PS3 version recently. The regular edition gets $20 in store credit, and the Collector's Edition gets $22 if I remember correctly. Not sure about other systems.

NFL Head Coach 09 has a trade-in value of $0.01, so it can't be traded in separately. Good thinking though! ;)

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']I looked up the PS3 version recently. The regular edition gets $20 in store credit, and the Collector's Edition gets $22 if I remember correctly. Not sure about other systems.

NFL Head Coach 09 has a trade-in value of $0.01, so it can't be traded in separately. Good thinking though! ;)[/quote]

Head Coach will probably change in value once its available for sale on its on, yeah?

Can we stop using the "next gen" moniker to describe the current generation consoles? Holy cow, I think in 8 years, we'll still be referring to the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii as "next gen".

[quote name='Capa']I just left a Gamestop with a manager who knows I'm a flipper and usually gives me heads up on promos, he said that starting on 9/1 the next trade in promo is Wii/360/PS3 titles, trade 3 get an extra $15. He did it so I wouldn't flip anything from BB that was next gen until Monday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I hope you don't mind if I make an official thread when the deal starts and bring over the trade-in value list built up over the last two promos (and currently in the 10/%/20%/30% bonus thread). That will add some very valuable info to the deal thread. I'll keep a credit in there for you though as the discoverer of the deal ;).

[quote name='DarkRider23']Everyone keeps saying that "Labor day sale," but is there any confirmation on what the sale includes yet?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not - usually the Blockbuster Labor Day sales are store specific. A few people may stumble upon some good deals but it has always been a bust for me in the past. It could very well be different this year but we haven't heard anything yet.

[quote name='JolietJake']My local blockbuster franchises are doing a 50% off labor day sale on all used games and DVDs. This may be useful.[/QUOTE]

If my BBVs do this I'll go nuts.

[quote name='VipFREAK']This is a lame deal... Also, when did flipping become ok here?[/QUOTE]

Buying cheap crappy ex-rentals from Blockbuster during their deals and converting them into Gamestop credit is definitely an OK thing by me ;). And I know my Blockbuster store appreciated me clearing out their copies of Spiderman 3 and Golden Compass that they were never going to sell otherwise.

Err. I shouldve known this before I just traded in some Wii games..

Heh, shouldve joined here earlier..

I just moved to a city where they have non franchise BBV, so in other words they buy/sell used games. I will def check out some BBV sometime, are most of their games the sell go for more for trade-in at gamestop? If so wow, b/c GS gives low credit.

[quote name='io']Thanks for the heads up. I hope you don't mind if I make an official thread when the deal starts and bring over the trade-in value list built up over the last two promos (and currently in the 10/%/20%/30% bonus thread). That will add some very valuable info to the deal thread. I'll keep a credit in there for you though as the discoverer of the deal ;).[/quote]

Bah, I posted a few hours earlier in the BB thread. :cry: Didn't want to start a new one unless we had confirmation.

But really, credit doesn't matter to me, I'm just being silly for the heck of it. I'm just happy that we have independent confirmation about the deal. :)

[quote name='MC Hampster']Can we stop using the "next gen" moniker to describe the current generation consoles? Holy cow, I think in 8 years, we'll still be referring to the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii as "next gen".[/quote]

if the OP didn't post "next-gen" in the title, im pretty sure everyone would have asked, "Does this include Xbox and PS2 games" that would have gotten old real quick. were gonna have to use the "next-gen" title for a while. using it just helps clarify things a little more.

[quote name='buckythekat']I think I need to go look at my local Blockbuster again

would that 50% off sale be going on now?[/quote]

Not at BBV in Orange County, CA...

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']I looked up the PS3 version recently. The regular edition gets $20 in store credit, and the Collector's Edition gets $22 if I remember correctly. Not sure about other systems.

NFL Head Coach 09 has a trade-in value of $0.01, so it can't be traded in separately. Good thinking though! ;)[/quote]

I called GS earlier, and it's actually 30 for Madden 09, $32 for collector's edition. Head Coach by itself doesn't have TIV yet.

BBV, gives $36 for Madden 09.

nvm my local blockbuster isn't one of those doing this sale

maybe get some games from gamestop themselves using the 25% off coupon and then flip them back

Someone in the thread about Target clearing out the PS3 Madden CE also said the Madden TIV was $30, and that the CE got $32, so that sounds right. Obviously, if you are interested in trading in the CE for some reason, wait for Head Coach to come out and trade them in as separate games. Or just sell the CE to someone. $32 for two brand-new games is weak, even for GS, especially when they sell the CE used for $70.

[quote name='aznguyen316']I just moved to a city where they have non franchise BBV, so in other words they buy/sell used games. I will def check out some BBV sometime, [highlight]are most of their games the sell go for more for trade-in at gamestop[/highlight]? If so wow, b/c GS gives low credit.[/QUOTE]
Heck no. It is very rare to find something to buy at BBV that gets you more in trade-in credit at Gamestop. There was the "perfect storm" a few months ago where BBV had B1G1 on $14.99 or less games and Gamestop had the $10 extra for 2 "next-gen" games. That meant you could actually shift your BBV credit over to Gamestop and make a bit in the process. Usually you are lucky to find even-value trades from BBV->GS. So it isn't really "flipping" but more of just a credit transfer to a more useful place. There are a handful of games you can use to transfer now with the GS 30% deal that get you a small gain - they are listed in the Blockbuster thread. When the $15 for 3 next gen games promo starts that list will change a bit. For example, Beautiful Katamari is $9.99 at BBV and will get you $12.70 after promo + Edge if the $7 base price holds. Even then it's not really for cash flipping, but only if you have an excess of BBV credit.

[quote name='buckythekat']I think I need to go look at my local Blockbuster again

would that 50% off sale be going on now?[/QUOTE]

There is NO 50% off sale at Blockbuster this weekend - some stores may be having local sales, but there is nothing system-wide like the B1G1 on $14.99 and under was.

(first deals post, please don't kill me)

While I was in GS trying to get the extra 40% w/ edge promo, I was told that tomorrow starts the "trade in 3 wii games, get extra $15" promo. I will be swinging by tomorrow.

Sorry if its old, or anything.D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back