Gamestop used console price drop x360 $149, xbox $39, ps2 $49

shinclyde

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
If any Gamestop employee could confirm, I heard they are droping the used console prices as follows:

Xbox 360 used 149.99 (not sure if this one has wired or wireless controller)
Original Xbox used 39.99
Original (FAT) PS2 used 49.99

Gamecube remains 29.99

Signs of the deal are to be posted in the store Nov26 after they close the store. (meaning the next business day after Nov26 would be active.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew an XB price drop was coming.. GameCrazy HQ just sent my store like 25 refurbished XBox systems and dropped a ton of great games to $4.99.

Seriously, if you don't have an XBox by now, $39.99 is a freakin steal.

If they lower the price at GC, I'm tempted to pick up a third original XBox.

[quote name='SCDallas']For 49 bucks, Id buy a PS2, I dont own any consoles right now but I would love to re-Play Resident evil 4 and a few others.[/quote]

you don't own any consoles?! WTF IS A MATTER WITH YOU?! :hot:

[quote name='SonicPower']I wonder how many of those are banned Live consoles.[/quote]
Another reason why I don't deal with used systems, besides not knowing how the previous owner treated it. Who knows if I'm bringing a few roaches home?

Sadly my friend bought a used Core/ Arcade because he lacked $20 for a new one, too lazy to get a refund & buy a new one at Circuit City.

[quote name='animemaniac14']you don't own any consoles?! WTF IS A MATTER WITH YOU?! :hot:[/QUOTE]

PC wins.

Those 360's are likely banned or towel tricked. I wouldn't touch 'em with a 10 foot pole.

Definitely. Game stores are where people go to dump their dying 360s because most of them would feel bad selling them directly to a person (ebay/craigslist), but not to a large corporation that rips them off on trade-ins.

[quote name='Danil ACE']Definitely. Game stores are where people go to dump their dying 360s because most of them would feel bad selling them directly to a person (ebay/craigslist), but not to a large corporation that rips them off on trade-ins.[/QUOTE]

Wow, this is exactly how I feel. I was gonna dump a couple broken consoles there, but someone was looking to trade for broken consoles. I am such scum...

I don't know why people get all panicky when dealing with used consoles. If there is an obvious issue, you will find out real quick. Then, you just return it. Still, I don't see the point in buying a $150 360, when you can get the Arcade for $200.

Now, an Xbox for $40 is an interesting proposition.

I asked yesterday to a Gamestop manager and he told me i could still buy an extended warranty for 20 dlls on the X360, so it's not that bad of a deal for 170 with extended warranty.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I don't know why people get all panicky when dealing with used consoles. If there is an obvious issue, you will find out real quick. Then, you just return it. Still, I don't see the point in buying a $150 360, when you can get the Arcade for $200.

Now, an Xbox for $40 is an interesting proposition.[/QUOTE]
I think people are just more panicky with the Xbox 360, for obvious reasons.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a used Xbox 360 OR PS3. It seems like every single person I know who owns either system has had to send it in for repairs.

I wouldn't buy a used fat PS2, either, unless you got one of those later model numbers that didn't have the DRE problem. I know I got mine early on in the life cycle, and it had tons of DRE problems. Luckily, that was shen Sony was still fixing them for free. After the second fix, it actually lasted a long time, but it broke down again (same problem each time, not reading CDs) last month, so I dumped it at a Gamestop and bought a slim.

A used Xbox for $40 to use for Xbox Media Center is a great deal (banned console or not). I still have my launch Xbox (it's a tank) running XBMC. It's still a lot better than any current gen console when it comes to media (with the exception of HD).

I'd pick up the used Xbox at $40 to play Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball again. Before I sold my Xbox back in 2006 I had over 90 hours on my save with that game.

[quote name='saturnotaku']I'd pick up the used Xbox at $40 to play Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball again. Before I sold my Xbox back in 2006 I had over 90 hours on my save with that game.[/quote]

Is that really something you want to be bragging about?

[quote name='angelfly']A used Xbox for $40 to use for Xbox Media Center is a great deal (banned console or not). I still have my launch Xbox (it's a tank) running XBMC. It's still a lot better than any current gen console when it comes to media (with the exception of HD).[/QUOTE]

The Black Friday Gamestop ad is showing an xbox at $39.99...so I think I might pick one up for this...just a quick question though....when you run xbmc do you still have the ability to play games on it or is xbmc just a program you run?

[quote name='guessed']Is that really something you want to be bragging about?[/quote]

I'm just putting information out there. Like you've never had any guilty pleasures in your life. :roll:

[quote name='Masterkyo']was thinking go pick up XBOX with Cell phone coupon ;)[/quote]

Cellfire coupons don't work on hardware. Only games.

I called up my gamestop and they said this deal wouldn't be in affect till the 28th (black friday)... then again he didn't seem that aware of the deal. Can anyone confirm when this actually takes affect?

Is the price drop for the ps2 slim permanent or just a black Friday deal? The gamestop that easiest for me to get to does not have any slims instock according to gamestop's website.

bread's done
Back