Gamestop Used Games?

SHOaks

CAGiversary!
For people who have bought used games from gamestop, does it usually come in good condition, case, manual?

yeah way up in the air. I noticed when i buy online though i get more of the generic cases then the original and i hardly ever get the instructions. but thats for older ps2, gamecube, and xbox games. Although I don't think ive ever gotten a ps3, 360 or wii game without the orginal box.

[quote name='thegoldenage']yeah way up in the air. I noticed when i buy online though i get more of the generic cases then the original and i hardly ever get the instructions. but thats for older ps2, gamecube, and xbox games. Although I don't think ive ever gotten a ps3, 360 or wii game without the orginal box.[/QUOTE]

Were the games in good condition? Also did the manual come with them?

If you want a newer game, you're more likely to get it in good condition. The older it is, the more crappier a used copy will probably be.

If you really care about case condition, I'd recommend eBay or Goozex. eBay you can obviously see the condition. Goozex you generally get very good conditions. Everything I've gotten has been very good. A couple may have been a bit more beat up than others but they've been fine and I'm pretty picky, too.

When buying in-store you at least have the chance to pick and choose between a bunch of copies of the games you want usually, whereas with buying online you're stuck with whatever shit condition game they send you and have to go into the store to return/exchange it.

That's the good part about ordering online though, is that you're not completely stuck with that disc only crap condition game and can swap it out in store for a better one.

[quote name='mtxbass1']It's a total crap shoot.[/QUOTE]

This. However I will say what usually happens is the game where you really expect just the disc always seems to be complete and in almost new condition. Then EVERYTHING else is generic case lol.

But yea, its a crap shoot. Amazon warehouse is always complete and gohastings hasnt really done me wrong yet.

Food for thought, gl!

I bought 4 games from Gamestop online. 2 came complete. 2 came without manuals. Went to a Gamestop, showed the receipt + brought the games. They gave me the manuals no problem.

the worst is you have to think, its not all GameStop they just resell what we trade in, if some idiot throws the manual away and the case yet stacks discs next to his TV its the consumers fault sometimes

bread's done
Back