Gamestop USED purchase -- includes inserts, manual?

TXboxGuY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So I was at Gamestop on Tuesday afternoon and this has nothing to do with Halo: Reach. :razz:

Anyways, I bought Midnight Club Los Angeles and the display case that I took up to the counter had the instruction manual and some other kind of insert in the generic Gamestop display case. At the counter I saw the guy get the actual game from the back drawer.

When I get home I noticed the case seems light so I open it and it's ONLY the game disc in the Xbox 360 case for Midnight Club LA. I thought he would have taken out the inserts that were in the display case and given those to me.

I actually didn't think to take the inserts out of the display case and figured he was going to just get the DISC only out of the back drawer. Instead he had the actual case with DISC and NO INSERTS in the drawer.

So now I'm not even certain if he was aware the manual and insert were in the generic display case.

Now I'm thinking of just going back and asking for the inserts if I can still find them AGAIN (hmmmm, what are the chances?) on the shelf.

That's reasonable, right? I just paid $18 for this USED game.

Normally they just give you the one in the drawer because they know the game is inside already, but not always the manual.

But if it was the generic display case, I'm sure they wouldn't have known if it had the manual anyways.

Either way you have 7 days to return it anyways for any reason, so not like it matters.

You can just go back and tell them you want the manual and they don't have to do the return.

I will definitely be going back now as I have found that there is only a $1 price difference between the Midnight Club Los Angeles I bought and Midnight Club Los Angeles Complete Edition which includes some DLC and expands the map.

The same thing happened to me with a copy of Burnout Paradise once. I spent time picking the best case that included the manual and the clown behind the register swapped it out with some POS generic case no manual copy. I never noticed until I got home.:bomb:

I had a similar experience when trying to buy Final Fantasy Tactics for psp. I'd found a complete copy in the original case on the shelf and after handing it to the clerk, he stuck it in the drawer and pulled out a copy in a generic case with no manual.

[quote name='Zeric']I had a similar experience when trying to buy Final Fantasy Tactics for psp. I'd found a complete copy in the original case on the shelf and after handing it to the clerk, he stuck it in the drawer and pulled out a copy in a generic case with no manual.[/QUOTE]

I would have demanded back the case right then and there. ^^

So yesterday I was able to get back to the store. While I wanted to get the Midnight Club LA Complete Ed. that was shown to be in stock at their location, I also wanted to find that generic case that had the map and manual. After browsing the display shelf for a few minutes I found it still available.

I took it up to the counter with my receipt but first inquired about the Complete Edition that was just $1 more and the clerk opens the back drawer and informs me, "I don't have one that I can sell right now." -- whatever that means. :whistle2:? He then states that it was only a difference of a couple of cars but I know it was the South Central DLC but I haven't check the price of it . . . 400, 800 MS points?

I then showed him the generic case and asked if I could take the manual and map and he said it was ok.

I had taken another game Stuntman: Ignition off the display shelf and he didn't have that one in stock either. :whistle2:?

Guy fucking switched a case on me too. I had a nice in condition one....he switched it with a copy that had dog bite marks on it. Went back 10minutes later to just return the game and leave.

[quote name='Shinoto']Guy fucking switched a case on me too. I had a nice in condition one....he switched it with a copy that had dog bite marks on it. Went back 10minutes later to just return the game and leave.[/QUOTE]

I think I explained this in an earlier post, but they don't switch the case.

They just grab one if it's already in the drawer and pull that one out because the game is already inside, and that way they don't have to flip through the drawer to find your game. If you want a better quality box, just ask for it.

I don't understand why people just don't look at what you're actually buying at the counter before you leave.

As much as you want to be lazy and "trust" the employee to know what they're doing, the majority of them don't really care what box you get.

Next time, if you want the box you pulled from the shelf, then tell them yourself and make sure they know, otherwise they'll just do whatever is easiest.

This is why I hate GameStop...this happened a few months ago.

Picked up a copy of Gears of War, they had several on display so picked the best one. Bring it up to pay and the emplyee pulled another from behind the counter. I looked at it and there was shit on the plastic cover (yes, it looked like dried shit). So I politely asked if I could have the one I picked out and it wasn't an issue.

Get home, the game doesn't work, my 360 doesn't even recognize the disc.

So I go back a day later to exchange it. I told the employee ( a different one than last time) it didn't even load. So he pulls out another one for me and hands it over (different case, manual etc..) This one had a cracked case, so I pointed it out and asked if I could have the case from the one I returned with the new disc, he says NO. He hands me another one (the one with the shit on it from the other day) and now I'm angry. I point it out and said "I don't want this one, its got shit on it" and pointed it out. Finally I got the one I picked out with a different disc.

Anyway, to make matters worse...When I got this one home it played 5 minutes then reported a disc error, so that one didn't work either! To make the rest of the story short, I returned it, and was told by the employee he could only do one more exchange and that my Xbox360 must be defective. I ordered the GOTY edition new on Amazon and it works fine...

[quote name='Dominick331']This is why I hate GameStop...this happened a few months ago.

Picked up a copy of Gears of War, they had several on display so picked the best one. Bring it up to pay and the emplyee pulled another from behind the counter. I looked at it and there was shit on the plastic cover (yes, it looked like dried shit). So I politely asked if I could have the one I picked out and it wasn't an issue.

Get home, the game doesn't work, my 360 doesn't even recognize the disc.

So I go back a day later to exchange it. I told the employee ( a different one than last time) it didn't even load. So he pulls out another one for me and hands it over (different case, manual etc..) This one had a cracked case, so I pointed it out and asked if I could have the case from the one I returned with the new disc, he says NO. He hands me another one (the one with the shit on it from the other day) and now I'm angry. I point it out and said "I don't want this one, its got shit on it" and pointed it out. Finally I got the one I picked out with a different disc.

Anyway, to make matters worse...When I got this one home it played 5 minutes then reported a disc error, so that one didn't work either! To make the rest of the story short, I returned it, and was told by the employee he could only do one more exchange and that my Xbox360 must be defective. I ordered the GOTY edition new on Amazon and it works fine...[/QUOTE]

That's a bad employee and in these cases you should just fill out the feedback and report them.

Contrary to belief, feedbacks at the bottom of the receipt actually do impact stores directly, and negative feedbacks, especially on specific employees will basically be a call for a meeting with a DM to visit the store and chew out the manager, which in return calls for the manager to chew out that employee, so don't hesitate to do that next time you run into an employee like that.

As much as I would like to wish every GS employee is a model citizen, some of them really just have no clue what they're doing and don't belong there.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']
I took it up to the counter with my receipt but first inquired about the Complete Edition that was just $1 more and the clerk opens the back drawer and informs me, "I don't have one that I can sell right now." -- whatever that means. :whistle2:? [/QUOTE]

Actually, I had that come up awhile ago when I was looking for Xenosaga 3- some states require stores to hold items sold to them for 7-14 days (in case it's reported stolen). It's mostly meant for pawn shops, but effects GS too. So basically, it's in the system, but they can't legally sell it until that hold period passes. I don't know if the laws where you live are similar, but it's likely.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Actually, I had that come up awhile ago when I was looking for Xenosaga 3- some states require stores to hold items sold to them for 7-14 days (in case it's reported stolen). It's mostly meant for pawn shops, but effects GS too. So basically, it's in the system, but they can't legally sell it until that hold period passes. I don't know if the laws where you live are similar, but it's likely.[/QUOTE]

It's only 24 hours in Cali

bread's done
Back