GameStop Video Game Wallets Pennied Out YMMV

Lazbum

CAG Veteran
I didn't see this on the forums but figured I'd post for those that were interested. Today GameStop pennied out all of their video game wallets. We had halo, gears of war, and call of duty wallets. You can try see if any of the GameStops in your area have any left.

Nice, will have to check this out! usually that means maybe guides drop too, hope you would have reported that OP!

All I saw were the wallets, I can always check tomorrow in case I missed something. Originally the wallets sold for $14.99, but pennied out simply means it will literally cost one cent each. Most of the time we just give it to whoever asks for one if we still have some left.

Thanks OP! I'll definitely check tomorrow since my leather wallet is starting to smell from getting sweaty.

Here's a photo of the two halo wallets I got.

IMG_0453.jpg

I checked the 2 stores in town, one said they shipped them all out and the other one said that they never had them.

So out of luck here. Sioux Falls

[quote name='nixmahn']hmmm, any of them leather or they just plastic/cloth/velcrow?[/QUOTE]
They are crappy plastic and threading. More like children's wallets than real functional ones.

Grabbed 4 personally ^_^. (Saw many more, but wanted to be nice and leave some)

Got 2 of the Halo ones with the Silver Master Chief head on the top of the wallet

1 Gears 2 Wallet

And one Older Halo wallet that has a John 117 dog-tag with it.

Might check for more on the other side of town tommorow since im gonna be there anyway

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']They are crappy plastic and threading. More like children's wallets than real functional ones.[/QUOTE]

Well good for stocking stuffers at holidays for kids :)

went to a location in the mall, there were none out, I slyly inquired about 'game wallets', with a nod, nod, like 'are they just in the back?' and was told that mall stores don't carry stuff like that and check strip centers..so I'll go by a few later. crazy thing is, I actually need a wallet, so this would be perfect!

Dang, Need to go check out my local GS now!

EDIT: OK WOW, I just called a local game stop. I asked, do you guys have wallets? He said, Yeah tons of them. We have gears of war and halo wallets. When ASKED how much he said, oh wait, I don't have any wallets at all.....Now that is a freaking horrible Person.

[quote name='token2k6']went to a location in the mall, there were none out, I slyly inquired about 'game wallets', with a nod, nod, like 'are they just in the back?' and was told that mall stores don't carry stuff like that and check strip centers..so I'll go by a few later. crazy thing is, I actually need a wallet, so this would be perfect![/QUOTE]

Yeah, none of the mall stores get them apparently. (That or they were just lying to me so they could take them

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yeah, none of the mall stores get them apparently. (That or they were just lying to me so they could take them

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Yup, stupid me. I'm going to call back and ask for the district managers number. That's complete bull.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that or just go by the store yourself. Some of the employee's take thier privileges a bit too far.

And if you do go in, unless you know the employee's, i probally wouldnt ask "Do you guys sell Wallets?".

Gamestop employees aren't supposed to give stuff out like that. They're doing you a favor if they are, so don't hold it against them if they follow policy.

Picked up a Halo one with what looks like a metal grunt on the front of it. I needed a new wallet, so it worked out well. :)

[quote name='token2k6']went to a location in the mall, there were none out, I slyly inquired about 'game wallets', with a nod, nod, like 'are they just in the back?' and was told that mall stores don't carry stuff like that and check strip centers..so I'll go by a few later. crazy thing is, I actually need a wallet, so this would be perfect![/QUOTE]

Only got 2 of them and they were located at strip mall location .. but going to head out a couple more on my side of town

token2k6, I will give you some if I can find them cause Im cool like that ^_^ .. .. >_>

[quote name='Velo214']no luck he said they already pulled them all to be destroyed. nooooo!![/QUOTE]
Destroyed by the peeps he sold them to at the fleamarket:drool:

[quote name='dgwillia006']I work in the VA Beach area of VA, i prefer not posting my store directly though.[/QUOTE]

You might get fired for advertising your ebay activities...

[quote name='oasisboy']You might get fired for advertising your ebay activities...[/QUOTE]

Lol, it was before i even started working there. They gave me tons of them because they literally had box loads

=( just called i herd someone say they are gonna penny them out and the guy on the phone immediately game me a 15 dollar price tag

[quote name='buzzcola']=( just called i herd someone say they are gonna penny them out and the guy on the phone immediately game me a 15 dollar price tag[/QUOTE]

Damn, some of you guys are thick headed. Freaking calling and more or less asking on the phone if you can try to take advantage of them. You don't deserve one for being so dense. Actually...maybe you DO deserve one...and be made to carry those god awful and cheesy things around so no girl will procreate with ya.

[quote name='jousley']Damn, some of you guys are thick headed. Freaking calling and more or less asking on the phone if you can try to take advantage of them. You don't deserve one for being so dense. Actually...maybe you DO deserve one...and be made to carry those god awful and cheesy things around so no girl will procreate with ya.[/QUOTE]

Dont be hatin on the wallets

[quote name='jousley']Damn, some of you guys are thick headed. Freaking calling and more or less asking on the phone if you can try to take advantage of them. You don't deserve one for being so dense. Actually...maybe you DO deserve one...and be made to carry those god awful and cheesy things around so no girl will procreate with ya.[/QUOTE]
This is a correct statement.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Dont be hatin on the wallets[/QUOTE]

haha...Would you take one to a bar this weekend and whip it out to pay for a drink...be honest ;)

[quote name='jousley']haha...Would you take one to a bar this weekend and whip it out to pay for a drink...be honest ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, i wouldnt take it in a bar

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']This is a correct statement.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about that. Picture the scene, you're on a first date and eager to impress, the check appears at the end of the night, and you reach for your wallet to pay....

You - "I'll get that"
Date - "Ooooooo, is that a Halo wallet?"
You - "It sure is Baby!"
Date - "I know someone who's getting blown in the car on the way home !"

RESULT :cool:

All thanks to your penny Halo wallet from GS.

[quote name='benjamouth']I'm not sure about that. Picture the scene, you're on a first date and eager to impress, the check appears at the end of the night, and you reach for your wallet to pay....

You - "I'll get that"
You - "It sure is Baby!"

All thanks to your penny Halo wallet from GS.[/QUOTE]
Well, shit, I think you've just won sir.

[quote name='benjamouth']I'm not sure about that. Picture the scene, you're on a first date and eager to impress, the check appears at the end of the night, and you reach for your wallet to pay....

You - "I'll get that"
You - "It sure is Baby!"

All thanks to your penny Halo wallet from GS.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you that....only if by "Date" you mean some guy named Trevor or Ian that you just met in that bar...then that might work. Good luck, butty! (

[quote name='jousley']I'll give you that....only if by "Date" you mean some guy named Trevor or Ian that you just met in that bar...then that might work. Good luck, butty! (

[quote name='jousley']I'll give you that....only if by "Date" you mean some guy named Trevor or Ian that you just met in that bar...then that might work. Good luck, butty! (

i just wanted the dog tag for my wall of crap but thanks for the insult made my day

bread's done
Back