Gamestop Weekly Ad 7/20-7/26: Spit out your drink in disgust edition

[quote name='karyadi']lulwut? that's crazy. how old is this anyways? i'll tell some of my friends to trade in their infamous 2 if that's legit.[/QUOTE]

its from today but i think its only for people who got the email

[quote name='akuma77']its from today but i think its only for people who got the email[/QUOTE]

I'm sure if you read the email that is not a base price. That has to be after some kind of bonus. I did not get the email but the simple fact that it says $40 for blops and $42.30 for PUR members is a flag. A base deal would be 40 & 44. So I'm guessing that's the 40% or 50% bump they've been advertising on top of a 27.00 base? doesn't add up but just a guess

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Except this is a gaming site, right? What does Gamestop sell? Whaddyaknow... GAMES! Mostly used ones... which you can't really get with Amazon or Best Buy credit anyway.

Not to mention the fact that it's pretty easy to flip GS credit to both of the others if you really wanted to.

All places have pros and cons, I just don't understand the inherent hate for Gamestop when half the time, they're the best place to trade in. Hate all you want, but it's really just you who's missing out. I'll gladly take $24 instant Gamestop credit vs $10.50 Best Buy or $16 Amazon (after nearly two weeks of waiting, a dollar for shipping costs, and less value if the game isn't complete). Using BFBC2 as an example.[/QUOTE]

You are just rambling and yelling to make your point. I don't care. Also, good luck with flipping GS credit to Amazon and BB.

[quote name='arsenal_fan']You are just rambling and yelling to make your point. I don't care. Also, good luck with flipping GS credit to Amazon and BB.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I don't really need luck.

Just a couple days ago:
MLB 2k11 $31.50 at GS, trade in for $33 at Amazon.
Child of Eden and MJ The Experience: $24.70 at GS, traded in for $30 and $28.5 respectively.

Not the best flips, but still moving GS credit to the other two with a profit is good in my book. I do see the value in having Amazon and BB credit over GS, hence why I move some around. It's just hilarious that so many people on a gaming website see Gamestop credit as "useless". *shrugs* Oh well.

I still have trade-in-credit that I can't seem to use because all of their deals suck. Also, if I go in and actually decide to make a purchase, it would be nice to not have to be bombarded with the employee's begging me to make pre-orders. Stop trying to belittle me and trying to convince me that I'm an idiot for not wanting to put money down on a game that doesn't come out for months. I get so tired of it.

[quote name='SpiderHulkThing']I still have trade-in-credit that I can't seem to use because all of their deals suck. Also, if I go in and actually decide to make a purchase, it would be nice to not have to be bombarded with the employee's begging me to make pre-orders. Stop trying to belittle me and trying to convince me that I'm an idiot for not wanting to put money down on a game that doesn't come out for months. I get so tired of it.[/QUOTE]

It's a terrible company. Well... I can say that it certainly was a terrible company when I worked for them 5 years ago. Maybe things have gotten better. Employees are required to ask customers about pre-orders obviously, but what they don't tell you is that you can lose your job if you don't meet certain minimums in generating pre-orders.

I also worked for EBgames before they were bought out by GS and they were a GREAT company. You were rewarded with bonuses every month for generating pre-orders and magazine subscriptions. Read any psychology book on extrinsic reward systems... Receiving a bonus for your efforts is much more motivating than telling someone they will lose their job if they don't meet certain goals.

I wish gamestop sold amazon gift cards. That way when they have the 50 % ( 60 with the card ) trade in promos once in a blue moon I can use it to convert gamestop credit into amazon credit. I know they will never have them though

[quote name='midloo']It's a terrible company. Well... I can say that it certainly was a terrible company when I worked for them 5 years ago. Maybe things have gotten better. Employees are required to ask customers about pre-orders obviously, but what they don't tell you is that you can lose your job if you don't meet certain minimums in generating pre-orders.

I also worked for EBgames before they were bought out by GS and they were a GREAT company. You were rewarded with bonuses every month for generating pre-orders and magazine subscriptions. Read any psychology book on extrinsic reward systems... Receiving a bonus for your efforts is much more motivating than telling someone they will lose their job if they don't meet certain goals.[/QUOTE]

Oh well that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I imagine with other even more trading options today then it's probably just getting worse for them. CAG, bestbuy, etc. Just a lot more options than GS so I see how it's rough for them. If only they'd have better sales to help themselves out. I'm much more willing to pre-order games I really want when I get the rush of getting a really good deal. Sadly, I just feel underwelmed and depressed whenever I walk into GS.

[quote name='SpiderHulkThing']Oh well that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I imagine with other even more trading options today then it's probably just getting worse for them. CAG, bestbuy, etc. Just a lot more options than GS so I see how it's rough for them. If only they'd have better sales to help themselves out. I'm much more willing to pre-order games I really want when I get the rush of getting a really good deal. Sadly, I just feel underwelmed and depressed whenever I walk into GS.[/QUOTE]
Well the thing is in reality they are a mall store. So I mean not to say they hate us hardcore gamers but the people who are in the know is a very small percentage. If everyone was as smart when it comes to deals/sales as us, Gamestop would change, but until then, they probably feel they don't need to.

I don't see the hate for gamestop... back in DA 2 BB deal I spend 130 dollar best buy gift card and flip them for 180+ to gamestop which I proceed to preorder batman, Assassin Creed:" brotherhood and mass effect 3. I think it is a pretty good deal since I essentially made my own buy 2 get 1 free coupon with 130 dollar capital.

The Gamestop near my place are a bunch of tools trying to make me preorder something. I've been taking advantage of the trade-in promos this month to clear some of my collection (and eventually to reduce the stuff I have since I'm moving out of this city or state soon) and every single fucking time, they've asked me if I want to preorder. Gave them a simple no maybe about 6 times per visit. smfh

wow sucks for you guys. I don't get asked to pre-order shit. Maybe once or twice in my life. What i do get asked alot every visit is if i want to upgrade to PUR payed staus. I say nah since i don't shop a GS a whole lot.

It's their JOB to ask you about preorders. That does not make them tools. Jesus Christ.

How dare someone working in retail try to get you to buy something, especially when it means they get to keep their job. What the hell are they thinking?

It may get annoying, but that's what they're there to do. I just say no and move on.

bread's done
Back