gamestop weekly ad 8/24-8/30: 50$ gift card with kinect 360 bundle

Sonofabitch! I just bought that kinect bundle from GS two days ago. Any chance of them giving me a gift card if I go in with the receipt?

[quote name='Jello1996']Sonofabitch! I just bought that kinect bundle from GS two days ago. Any chance of them giving me a gift card if I go in with the receipt?[/QUOTE]

Worst case you can buy it and return it with the old receipt. Unless they scan serial numbers... don't remember how they ring up consoles.

[quote name='azngtlman']Worst case you can buy it and return it with the old receipt. Unless they scan serial numbers... don't remember how they ring up consoles.[/QUOTE]

Just checked receipt. S/N is on it :/

[quote name='Jello1996']Sonofabitch! I just bought that kinect bundle from GS two days ago. Any chance of them giving me a gift card if I go in with the receipt?[/QUOTE]

Yes they will give you the gift card.

[quote name='atc250es']Yes they will give you the gift card.[/QUOTE]

I went there today. Everytime I go there it's the same 2 or 3 people working. Of course I go there today and there's 2 brand new employees working and nobody I've seen before. They didn't know how to help me or if I could be helped and told me to come back and see the store manager tomorrow. Not looking good....:whistle2:x

[quote name='Jello1996']I went there today. Everytime I go there it's the same 2 or 3 people working. Of course I go there today and there's 2 brand new employees working and nobody I've seen before. They didn't know how to help me or if I could be helped and told me to come back and see the store manager tomorrow. Not looking good....:whistle2:x[/QUOTE]

That sucks last year I bought a dsi xl from Gamestop to use up some credit and two days later they were offering a free game with it, I just brought in the receipt and they just "returned" the system and then re bought it with the free game. Just go back when someone who actually knows what they're doing is working.

[quote name='Joartrak']Will the Kinect be in the bundle or they taking that out of new copies too?[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see what you did there.

[quote name='Joartrak']Will the Kinect be in the bundle or they taking that out of new copies too?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Kinect will be in the bundle, however, the official MS controller will be removed because GS wants you to buy and use their aftermarket controllers, not the competitor's official controllers

[quote name='atc250es']That sucks last year I bought a dsi xl from Gamestop to use up some credit and two days later they were offering a free game with it, I just brought in the receipt and they just "returned" the system and then re bought it with the free game. Just go back when someone who actually knows what they're doing is working.[/QUOTE]

Went back in and spoke with the store manager, and had the receipt. Before I could barely finish my sentence, he sort of cut me off and just said "nope, sorry". He was sort of a dick about it. I will definitely be crossing Gamestop off of my retailers list (not that they'll know or care) now since they won't match their own deals within 30 days. What a crap chain. I only wish I had a few pre-orders that I could have made him cancel on the spot.

bread's done
Back