Gamestop weekly coupon- $19.99 used original GBA

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
EBC3003886.jpg

Not for me, but if you have a little one that will destroy stuff this is good for them. Let them beat up on a 19.99 gameboy for now till they are old enough to handle a DS or whatever Nintendo comes up with at this time.

I'm not feeling inspired to fix the URL, so I figure its for the 1st gen GBA. I thought they were always $19.99?....hm. Even at $9.99 GS/EB would have problems moving the system.

If it were for an SP, it'd be for a much better deal.

[quote name='djkunai']They sell it for that price at GameCrazy without the coupon...[/QUOTE]

Yeah... what's EB's original price without the coupon?

[quote name='Halo05']Ugh, this is the coupon I've been waiting for all day? Pass even if I didn't still have mine from 2000.[/quote]

ditto

[quote name='Killer Rabbit']I clicked on the link hoping it was for a GBA Micro, but I knew it would not be true.[/quote]

Yeah, didn't think about until now. Changed the title so that it reflects which model.

Original GBAs suck soo hard....you pretty much have to play the damn thing under a light...and then do a balancing act to not reflect the light on the screen.

These used to be 19.99 regular price until for some bizzare reason they RAISED the price on them to 29.99. Not to mention all of them I see in each store are filthy dirty and have scratched to crap screens.

[quote name='SaraAB']These used to be 19.99 regular price until for some bizzare reason they RAISED the price on them to 29.99. Not to mention all of them I see in each store are filthy dirty and have scratched to crap screens.[/QUOTE]

Yeah with the condition the handhelds and used controllers are in, I don't even think I would buy a GBA for $9.99 from them.

I'm probably one of the only people who prefers the original GBA to the SP. The SP is too small for my hands.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Yeah with the condition the handhelds and used controllers are in, I don't even think I would buy a GBA for $9.99 from them.

I'm probably one of the only people who prefers the original GBA to the SP. The SP is too small for my hands.[/QUOTE]

I like the feel of it better too, if they had only produced a backlit screen for it themselves... the SP is a little small

I do like the micro however... I only keep my original GBA for GB and GBC games

[quote name='freshzen']Original GBAs suck soo hard....you pretty much have to play the damn thing under a light...and then do a balancing act to not reflect the light on the screen.[/quote]

Yeah, I had one and pretty much had to play it outside to see the whole screen. Not to mention if you want a rechargable battery pack, you'll have to buy it on your own. Good luck buying one at Gamestop, cause they don't accept them as trade-in and don't carry any original GBA accessories anymore. I know that from trying when dumping mine 2 years ago.

I'll admit this coupon is weak. When I saw it in the email, I thought it was a joke since they were that price at the beginning of the year. I'm guessing it has something to do with their black friday sale. They probably don't want to give out a cool deal for the week before when they're offering pretty decent deal after thanksgiving.

[quote name='Escargoexpress']For some reason, the gamecrazy I frequent sells used normal GBAs for 40, not 20.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the employees at that store haven't tagged everything correctly. The original ones are going for $20 there. I think it's the Micro's that are going for $40 there(not sure, so don't quote me on that price).

[quote name='SaraAB']These used to be 19.99 regular price until for some bizzare reason they RAISED the price on them to 29.99. Not to mention all of them I see in each store are filthy dirty and have scratched to crap screens.[/quote]
Don't forget, they're also usually missing the back that holds the batteries.

HOW DID KIDS MANAGE TO BREAK THEM ON THE GB/GBP/GBC/GBA??

They won't accept them for trade in without the back battery cover, 99% of the units on ebay are missing this part though. Nintendo does not sell the battery covers anymore as far as I know, but I have a stash of a few here for units that I find at yard sales so I can resell them with the battery cover, for more money.

Don't even bother trying to buy an original GBA from ebay, they go for top dollar and you get the same crap quality that gamestop sells (if not worse), while most sellers try to tell you that their gameboy is in perfect mint condition... biggest joke around imo.

They still sell original GBA accessories in some stores, I just bought a Gamester floodlight for .99 in a Gamestop.

If you have ever seen how kids treat video game consoles, you know why that part always gets broken/lost.

I have no clue what you people are whining about, you can see it better a lot of the time because their isn't a glare. Plus they make $5 lights that work fine.

[quote name='SaraAB']They won't accept them for trade in without the back battery cover, 99% of the units on ebay are missing this part though. Nintendo does not sell the battery covers anymore as far as I know, but I have a stash of a few here for units that I find at yard sales so I can resell them with the battery cover, for more money.
[/quote]
nintendo sells everything.

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...rderTotal=null&tranId=0&prevTranId=&jktranid=

in four colors!

Glacier Blue..........Indigo..............Fuchsia.............Arctic White
NC45429T.jpg
NC45430T.jpg
NC45431T.jpg
NC45428T.jpg

This would be helpful for those who need the systems for Four Swords Adventure or FF: Crystal Chronicles. Of course, by now most people are beyond caring about those games and hoping similar types of games get some DS/Wii sequels* (they'd be perfect for Wi-Fi!).

*(I've heard that Crystal Bearers on the Wii is going to have a single-player focus. Can anyone confirm or refute this?).

bread's done
Back