GameStop Wii Game Discounts, Updated 9-3-15

Billytwoshoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Been some time since the last update, finally past the Skylanders / Infinity discount floods so far for most of this year, had some decent discounts recently on actual games.  I've selected the highlights from this last drop today, though you can see the full list here.

Note these are all pre-owned prices, unless otherwise noted.

$0.99

$1.99

$2.99

$3.99

$4.99

$6.99

$8.99

$9.99 (Good to watch out for future B2G1 sales)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been thinking the same thing. I was trying not to spend any GS credit and save up for a PS4, but I've been blowing it away little by little partly thanks to this thread. :) The other day I bought Sam and Max 1, and 2, SSX blur, Rhythm Heaven Fever, and a couple others. The games were in perfect shape, but the Sam and Max games didn't have manuals. Does anyone know if these games originally included manuals?

I'm tempted to get The Dragon Lair Trilogy and Muramasa: The Demon Blade. They're not the best prices at GS, but probably cheaper than Amazon and eBay. Anyone have an opinion on these? I have Dragon Lair HD for the 360, but the wii Trilogy sort of seems like an intriguing game to check out.
I have both Sam & Max Wii games, and they both came with manuals. I don't know how easy to find the first Sam & Max game is, though, since it was published by Dreamcatcher, a company that typically prints very small runs of its titles. I had the same problem when I found a copy of Tenchu: Shadow Assassins the other day for $5, but it didn't have a manual so I left it. Then, when I checked Amazon, the game is going for $10-$15 used, so I might go back for it. I own 3 or 4 Wii games that lack manuals, but I don't like incomplete games, either.

And I have Dragon's Lair, but it's sealed, so I wish I could help.

I've been thinking the same thing. I was trying not to spend any GS credit and save up for a PS4, but I've been blowing it away little by little partly thanks to this thread. :) The other day I bought Sam and Max 1, and 2, SSX blur, Rhythm Heaven Fever, and a couple others. The games were in perfect shape, but the Sam and Max games didn't have manuals. Does anyone know if these games originally included manuals?

I'm tempted to get The Dragon Lair Trilogy and Muramasa: The Demon Blade. They're not the best prices at GS, but probably cheaper than Amazon and eBay. Anyone have an opinion on these? I have Dragon Lair HD for the 360, but the wii Trilogy sort of seems like an intriguing game to check out.
at this point I'll just wait a while on the ps4 myself more than likely. also these wii games are still cheap so I'd rather add cheap things to my collection than a 400 dollar toy. I figure there is at least 1-2 years before wii game prices settle in into the high priced and low priced stuff while stuff gets clearanced out. either way for the wii it's more of a collection thing at this point than stuff I'll actually play.

that said most of the gamestop stock at least according to their site is sold out around where I am and/or I'd have to drive anywhere from 5-25 miles doing gamestop hopping. at that point it's not worth it so I simply found a few good condition manuals and cases included stuff on amazon. I also own some of the more obscure and probably harder to find ones in that list already. not all the obscure ones mind you but some of them.

[quote name="Vinny" post="11789816" timestamp="1401111751"]Zack and Wiki is probably the best $3 you can spend.[/quote]one of the best games on the Wii. Too bad it didn't sold good enough to get a sequel.

if you can find skycrawlers, I would pick that up, got it for about 6.50, very enjoyable when you use the non motion control setup, made me watch the anime, left me more confused though, just finished the game, might play more to unlock the other planes.
Kinda reminds me of crimson skies for xbox.

at this point I'll just wait a while on the ps4 myself more than likely. also these wii games are still cheap so I'd rather add cheap things to my collection than a 400 dollar toy. I figure there is at least 1-2 years before wii game prices settle in into the high priced and low priced stuff while stuff gets clearanced out. either way for the wii it's more of a collection thing at this point than stuff I'll actually play.

that said most of the gamestop stock at least according to their site is sold out around where I am and/or I'd have to drive anywhere from 5-25 miles doing gamestop hopping. at that point it's not worth it so I simply found a few good condition manuals and cases included stuff on amazon. I also own some of the more obscure and probably harder to find ones in that list already. not all the obscure ones mind you but some of them.
I agree with you on everything in your post. What I recently did was create a spreadsheet of the games I want and the stores that have them in stock . It's usually 1 or 2 stores within 5-25 miles like you said. I put the spreadsheet in my phone. Whenever I'm driving around doing something else, I'll stop at the stores and check my spreadsheet. I won't drive specifically out of my way, but I'll stop when in driving by anyway.

I make it sound like its a lot of work but it's easy. I'm a real cheapass because it would be much much much easier to spend a tiny bit extra and buy them on amazon. I drive around a lot anyway, so it's not too tough. My time is definitely valuable to me, so I don't want to waste it. But in a way it's also sort of fun hunting down this rare inexpensive games.

Picked out a dozen games I want. I'm gonna use the store locator tomorrow to narrow them down to a few local stores and hope I can get my hands on complete packages. In particular I want Deadly Creatures Mushroom Men for sure.

I agree with you on everything in your post. What I recently did was create a spreadsheet of the games I want and the stores that have them in stock . It's usually 1 or 2 stores within 5-25 miles like you said. I put the spreadsheet in my phone. Whenever I'm driving around doing something else, I'll stop at the stores and check my spreadsheet. I won't drive specifically out of my way, but I'll stop when in driving by anyway.

I make it sound like its a lot of work but it's easy. I'm a real cheapass because it would be much much much easier to spend a tiny bit extra and buy them on amazon. I drive around a lot anyway, so it's not too tough. My time is definitely valuable to me, so I don't want to waste it. But in a way it's also sort of fun hunting down this rare inexpensive games.
my problem is I don't have that spreadsheet so I couldn't tell you exactly what I want. Also I rarely have to drive 25 miles to go anywhere so for me it really is driving out of the way. here in Orem Utah everything really is within 3 miles so driving 20 miles to a gamestop really is out of the way. though if I had a spreadsheet that would really help. i do agree part of the fun is finding the stuff. I probably am too lazy to make a spreadsheet though lol. conversly where I grew up in south carolina for 26 years the wal marts and targets there clearance things left and right whereas where I am now they clearance nothing ever.

I admit the 3.99 standard shipping on 2 dollars games on Amazon is a pain in the ass but its either 3.99 shipping or 3.99 in gas(roughly the price of a gallon) + tax.

I will say mario galaxy 2 needs to drop in price some century soon geez

my problem is I don't have that spreadsheet so I couldn't tell you exactly what I want. Also I rarely have to drive 25 miles to go anywhere so for me it really is driving out of the way. here in Orem Utah everything really is within 3 miles so driving 20 miles to a gamestop really is out of the way. though if I had a spreadsheet that would really help. i do agree part of the fun is finding the stuff. I probably am too lazy to make a spreadsheet though lol. conversly where I grew up in south carolina for 26 years the wal marts and targets there clearance things left and right whereas where I am now they clearance nothing ever.

I admit the 3.99 standard shipping on 2 dollars games on Amazon is a pain in the ass but its either 3.99 shipping or 3.99 in gas(roughly the price of a gallon) + tax.

I will say mario galaxy 2 needs to drop in price some century soon geez
So true. Gotta factor in gas money and time driving. At least there's the amazon trade in thread which helps build up amazon credit every now and then.

Anyone know how good is final fantasy cocobo fables for ds? Is it a RPG?
Chocobo is excellent. It's a Rogue-like, if that means anything to you. Very well done, very fun dungeon crawler. If you find it & are a fan of JRPGs, I'd definitely give it a shot for only $10.

EDIT: Was going to mention, I keep a spreadsheet as well so I'm glad I'm not the only one. ;) Keep it in Google Docs so just like the other poster said I can access it from my phone. I've also started linking titles in the spreadsheet with the local inventory search for that title so I can easily click it & see if any of my local stores have gotten them in stock since I last checked.

This has become my favorite thread here on CAG. I have picked up The Bigs, Escape from Bug Island, SW: TFU, Nights, Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII, SW: Clone wars Lightsaber Duels, and Indiana Jones Staff of Kings. The last 2 don't have manuals, but had original cases, and the rest are complete. Also ordered Tornado Outbreak (which I think dropped to $0.99 today) and Pinball HoF: Williams collection online. Also decided The Godfather and Scarface were worth 9.99 and picked up complete copies of those. The Wii mostly picked up dust over the last several years, but I have been loving my Wii U, and have been trying to pick up some cheap Wii games to go with it. They look so much better with the HDMI connection, and don't give me the headache the blurry look of the Wii did.

About 150ish new drops today, but nothing really significant.  Hand picked these three though.  Debating on including some of the $0.99 games (such as Sega Superstars Tennis), but decided not for now.  I might have to spoiler each price section in the OP in the future.

$1.99

Order Up *New Drop*

Was on here before at $4.99, even cheaper now

$4.99

Mushroom Men: Spore Wars *New Drop* Was also on here before, dropped another two bucks

Boom Blox Bash Party *New Drop*

Also I might as well cross mention the current GS ad, these three are $9.99 each, new copies only:

Angry Birds: Star Wars

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Cabela's African Adventures w/ Gun

Chocobo is excellent. It's a Rogue-like, if that means anything to you. Very well done, very fun dungeon crawler. If you find it & are a fan of JRPGs, I'd definitely give it a shot for only $10.

EDIT: Was going to mention, I keep a spreadsheet as well so I'm glad I'm not the only one. ;) Keep it in Google Docs so just like the other poster said I can access it from my phone. I've also started linking titles in the spreadsheet with the local inventory search for that title so I can easily click it & see if any of my local stores have gotten them in stock since I last checked.
Lol. I use links as well.

Figure I might as well ask here. Is a barely used/ like new Wii with 2 controllers and 1 nunchuck and super smash Bros brawl worth buying at $40?

If you buy all the good games for it, yes. Don't just focus on the first-party games - there are great games like Silent Hill, Trauma Center, etc. that make a strong case for motion control.

I'm thinking of getting it for my 4 year old son and buying him some titles like donkey Kong and mario. I'm going to be getting multiple games for it so I was just wanting some honest feedback.

Figure I might as well ask here. Is a barely used/ like new Wii with 2 controllers and 1 nunchuck and super smash Bros brawl worth buying at $40?
Seeing as how Brawl by itself is easily worth $20 right about now (probably spike a bit in value when the newest Smash comes out) you are getting a Wii + 2 remotes + 1 nunchuck for $20. Even if you have to upgrade for some titles with Wii remote Plus, that is still an excellent deal.

Well shit, Mushroom Men is definitely on my list of wanted games. Here's hoping the copy at one of my local Gamestops has cover art & a manual.

Seeing as how Brawl by itself is easily worth $20 right about now (probably spike a bit in value when the newest Smash comes out) you are getting a Wii + 2 remotes + 1 nunchuck for $20. Even if you have to upgrade for some titles with Wii remote Plus, that is still an excellent deal.
Thanks guys. I ended buying the console with the game and will try it tonight. I'm actually going to play skyward sword. Any suggestions on where to get an inexpensive Wii plus remote?

Thanks guys. I ended buying the console with the game and will try it tonight. I'm actually going to play skyward sword. Any suggestions on where to get an inexpensive Wii plus remote?
Nintendo sells them on their store for the Wii remote plus nunchuck for $20 plus shipping (refurbed, but I've heard good things), probably one of the best places to start. Otherwise you can try to find a bundle somewhere for cheaper (K-mart had the FlingSmash bundle for sub $20 on clearance last time I checked if you can find it).

Picked up complete copies of Boom Blox, Big Brain Academy, Sim Animals Africa (4.99) and Bass Pro Shops fishing (4.99). Couldn't find complete copies of Conduit or Opoona so I got the disk only copies that were around. The only bad thing about these deals is interacting with GS employees.

[quote name="ackbar7" post="11796976" timestamp="1401326567"]Picked up complete copies of Boom Blox, Big Brain Academy, Sim Animals Africa (4.99) and Bass Pro Shops fishing (4.99). Couldn't find complete copies of Conduit or Opoona so I got the disk only copies that were around. The only bad thing about these deals is interacting with GS employees.[/quote]yup, everytime I go to the counter with some Wii games they look at me like if I was an alien or something. Same thing when I show them a coupon.

Went to two locations looking for Mushroom Men and Deadly Creatures. One store had Mushroom Men, but without the cover artwork or manual, and the other had Deadly Creatures, but also without the cover artwork or manual. Urgh. I'll try again at two different stores tonight.

I did walk out with a $2.99 copy of The Conduit and a $9.99 "New" copy of Spyborgs though. I almost bought "Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed" but some quick reviews I pulled up on the 'net steered me away from it. I had a few other games in hand that were either too expensive or missing art/manuals as well that ended up going back onto the shelf.

The Conduit did have its original cover artwork and manual, but the clerk gave me a case from behind the counter that had the "Limited Editon (or whatever its called) artwork. That was fine and good, but when I walked out to my car I realized the manual was missing...urgh. I had to walk back into the store and awkardly ask the guy if I could have the other copy with the manual and cover...though he didn't swap the disc...hopefully that didn't differ between versions.  Urgh. So annoying.

I picked up clone wars Lightsaber duels and dead space extraction, had a $5 off preowned. Pretty good deals, never had a Wii but I picked up a Wii U so I'll try to pick up a few of the more acclaimed titles

I picked up clone wars Lightsaber duels and dead space extraction, had a $5 off preowned. Pretty good deals, never had a Wii but I picked up a Wii U so I'll try to pick up a few of the more acclaimed titles
Dead space extraction is great game. I got it for $6 at kmart last year. I wish house of the dead overkill would drop

[quote name="The Punisher" post="11799829" timestamp="1401412761"]Dead space extraction is great game. I got it for $6 at kmart last year. I wish house of the dead overkill would drop[/quote]

Was hoping so, I've played Dead Space 1-3.

Stopped by two locations tonight. Looked through the rack three or four times at the first location but nothing jumped out at me that I wanted--nothing that had covers and manuals anyway.

The second location had a copy of The Force Unleashed for $5, a copy of Rabbids 3: TV Party for $5, and a copy of Cursed Mountain for $7, but I didn't pick any of them up, though I'm thinking I might go back over the weekend.

Two locations left to find Mushroom Men and Deadly Creatures.

Stopped by two locations tonight. Looked through the rack three or four times at the first location but nothing jumped out at me that I wanted--nothing that had covers and manuals anyway.

The second location had a copy of The Force Unleashed for $5, a copy of Rabbids 3: TV Party for $5, and a copy of Cursed Mountain for $7, but I didn't pick any of them up, though I'm thinking I might go back over the weekend.

Try to look for cursed mountain limited edition steelbook on amazon. I pick it up for $8.

The Force Unleashed will ring up 2.99. Well worth that price

Found a few more today, all complete (prices after PUR discount):

Mushroom Men - $4.49
Ghost Squad - $2.69
De Blob 2 - $4.49
Sid Meier's Pirates - $4.49
Dance Dance Revolution: Disney Grooves (game only) - $6.29

I only bought the DDR game because I believe that it may rise in value over time like the Disney DDR did on the original PlayStation. I might try to find a dance pad to test it out though.

Checked out a (counts in head...) fifth store in one week on the way home from work Friday. I can't remember seeing anything of interest, or at least nothing of interest less than $20 and with a cover and manual.

Two more places to check and that's it for my used Wii game hunt. I'll probably be resorting to Amazon for the handful of titles I still want.

Don't know if this was mentioned or not, but Nights: Journey of Dreams is $1.99 (just picked this up this weekend complete!)

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/nights-journey-of-dreams/12570

230102b.jpg

Real Heroes Firefighter is also 4.99
http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/real-heroes-firefighter/75339
Harry Potter OotP 6.99
http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix/65624

Also all of the hunting, fishing and sports games seem to be getting to the $3-5 range. Wish the LEGO games would start dropping. I never played the Indiana Jones ones, but not worth it to me at what they are currently priced at.
Edit: I hate ordering GS games online but, as there are only 2 stores locally, it was my only option for some of these games. Got Tornado and Red Steel 2 as disc only, and Endless Ocean without manual. Still worth the $10 I spent, but the wildly inconsistent quality one gets from them is frustrating. Also the quality of their generic cases is abysmal, as both came smashed and not really usable.

New drops today, some pretty significant ones as well. I would recommend checking out the full list here, however I skimmed these ones off the top (IMO):

$1.99

ExciteBots: Trick Racing

Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces

We Ski

$3.99

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Includes original PoP game as a bonus to consider)

$4.99

Deadly Creatures

Kororinpa: Marble Mania

$9.99

House of the Dead: Overkill
Son of a bitch. Deadly Creatures is just taunting me. Damn my need for the original case and manual!

I stopped by FOUR stores on the way home Monday, looked through the entire rack at each store at least 3 times and didn't see anything jump out at me. Ugh.

Edit: I may just have to bite the bullet on Deadly Creatures at $5. Cheapest used complete price on Amazon is hovering around the $20 mark.

Picked up conplete copies of Deadly Creatures, Obscure the Aftermath, Vertigo, and Rise of the Guardians. Had to settle for disc only Excitebots and OoP. Really looking forward to Deadly Creatures

I sort of wished that they converted the Excitebots with plastic wheel new to used just because I'm always running into it at random stores in Connecticut.

SoulCalibur Legends is also down to $4.99 (from $9.99).  I've heard mixed about it, but for $5 I'll give it a shot.  Helps that I was just looking at a used copy of it this past weekend at a local store that was complete & looked brand-new.  I almost bit on it at $10 because of the condition.  :)

bread's done
Back