Gamestop wouldn't take my 360

birdyjuice

CAGiversary!
so with the bonus trade in value on the 360 I tried to trade in my old 360 Arcade since I got one of the new slim models more recently. the manager looked at it briefly and said he couldn't take it as after taking off the front chasis for a minute, he said some Microsoft sticker or something was missing and it might have been modded.

Remove-Faceplate.jpg

^ the sticker in question

now this is pretty much a new system that Microsoft replaced for an old one. I don't really understand how it could be "modded" when Microsoft shipped it to me new.

I really don't need 2 360's, is there anywhere else I could trade this in? or am I kinda screwed without this "sticker"?

I'm not sure if it would be worth it to try Best Buy or not. only other trade in place nearby that I know of is a 2nd & Charles, but I don't know much about them.

They all check for the warranty sticker unfortunately. First thing they look at before bothering to hook it up and test.

If you got it shipped to you from MS, shouldn't you have a refurb sticker there or something of the sort? I thought I read that somewhere

I didn't see any kinda sticker when MS sent it back but it should have been on the console no?

Amazon doesn't take 360 Arcade versions it seems, and I'm just wondering if anywhere will take it without the sticker? I'd like to get something for it as said that I really don't need 2 360's.

[quote name='birdyjuice']I didn't see any kinda sticker when MS sent it back but it should have been on the console no?

Amazon doesn't take 360 Arcade versions it seems, and I'm just wondering if anywhere will take it without the sticker? I'd like to get something for it as said that I really don't need 2 360's.[/QUOTE]

I'd be willing to purchase it if you want say $40 plus S&H to california

You could try a different Gamestop. Now the picture above, I see the security sticker. Or, is yours missing completely?

the picture was just to point out the sticker. it's missing which I had no idea of until now. I'd have to get lucky if another GS wouldn't check for it or try to sell it. still puzzling why MS didn't include the sticker after sending a new one.

it works fine and had little use. have cables/power brick/ and a 20gb harddrive.

[quote name='zappa103']Even if they did take it on a trade you might get $25... if that...unless there is a promotion.[/QUOTE]

They give $95 right now ($45 base plus $50 bonus for any 360 or PS3).

[quote name='sk8erpizimp']Why dont you just sell it on Craigslist?[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid you're going to have to dump it on Craigslist. Figure out a good price from ebay or someone on here, and be honest with what it is. Don't give people bullshit. Be honest with your dealings, and everything will be fine. Make sure both parties walk away satisfied. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back