Gamestop's $99 Xbox 360 Deal

Static-Jak

CAGiversary!
It's a refurbished a first generation 360 that comes with a wireless controller, a headset, a 20 GB HDD, 90 day warranty & all the cables.

Is this a pretty good deal for a 360? My PS3 bricked and I was looking for a cheap console to tide me over while I wait for it to return from repair.

I'm tempted to bite on this as I can't imagine getting a 360 cheaper but I know these older models run the risk of the RRoD.

It's actually not too bad, the 90 day warranty would be the kicker for me. There's a handful of must play games that are exclusive to the Xbox. One thing to be wary of is this unit most likely doesn't have HDMI. The difference between component and HDMI can be drastic depending one what type of tv you have so be prepared for that.

[quote name='Greater Malison']It's actually not too bad, the 90 day warranty would be the kicker for me. There's a handful of must play games that are exclusive to the Xbox. One thing to be wary of is this unit most likely doesn't have HDMI. The difference between component and HDMI can be drastic depending one what type of tv you have so be prepared for that.[/QUOTE]
Just realized that there's no built in wifi either...starting to lean the other way.

You could roam ebay. Not everyone on there is broken. I bought a mislisted MW2 Elite for $114. The guy thought it was an arcade. Worked great and I just stopped using it as I got a new slim with my new laptop.

i wouldn't do it. got burned on one that got a rrod after maybe 5 weeks. I think I just had 30 days though so 90 days would have caught that. but yours might just fail at 100 days then you're screwed. it's worth the extra cash for a new unit with a decent warranty. especially with the gift card deals and whatnot that have been popping up lately. i snagged 5 x360s with that incredible wal mart deal (4g 360 with extra controller, 3 months of live, and a $50 gift card for $200) that was a great deal, we will probably see more of that sort of thing as we get closer to the holidays.

[quote name='Greater Malison']It's actually not too bad, the 90 day warranty would be the kicker for me. There's a handful of must play games that are exclusive to the Xbox. One thing to be wary of is this unit most likely doesn't have HDMI. The difference between component and HDMI can be drastic depending one what type of tv you have so be prepared for that.[/QUOTE]

its 1 year warranty

Bought a 360 on ebay for $70. Bought a pimpin fan and slapped it in there... It is so well cooled with the upgraded fan that it barely gets warm after hours of play.

Have had it, and use it damn near every day, for the past 2 years. If it dies, which it has absolutely NO indication of doing, then I will have definitely gotten my moneys worth and will buy another $70 unit on eBay (unless they are even cheaper down the road which is likely).

bread's done
Back