Gamestop's opened PC game policy...

I recently purchased a couple PC games from gamestop. I opened them and tried to install them on my laptop. Most of them didn't work because of the requirements. I know gamestop's policy which is no returns on opened PC games. What about if they didn't work? Or am I SOL any way I look at it? Any information is greatly appreciated.

you might be able to weasel your way into getting store credit, but thats if youre lucky. next time read the requirements, they put them on the box for a reason.

Give it a shot, it's worth a try. More than likely you'll get shot down though.

And Ramstoria, I don't care if the Futurama pic is a "reimaging" style, Leela cant have two eyes :p

That's why you should download the demo before you buy. 99% of PC games have demos and will give you an idea of how it will run on your PC.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']Laptop gaming sucks anyway :p[/quote]

I'd like to see someone try to take any of the next gen systems as if they were as portable as a laptop. Yeah right... a XPS M1210 can do wonders for portability and high quality gaming. All you need is a mouse and you're set.

[quote name='Dragonlordfrodo']I recently purchased a couple PC games from gamestop. I opened them and tried to install them on my laptop. Most of them didn't work because of the requirements. I know gamestop's policy which is no returns on opened PC games. What about if they didn't work? Or am I SOL any way I look at it? Any information is greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]
make sure you read up on system requirements before you do this again....

check my website if you'd like...many game requirements on there.

Think the best you can do is contact the publisher and tell them you don't accept their EULA and wish to be refunded your money. Some will give it back to you, some won't.

[quote name='Thongsy']That's why you should download the demo before you buy. 99% of PC games have demos and will give you an idea of how it will run on your PC.[/quote]

True.

You're fucked dude. You might as well save them for the day when you upgrade or sell them to somebody you know "used."

[quote name='munch']What games are they?[/QUOTE]

Lost Planet
Shadowrun

However I also have a ton of other PC games looking to get rid of as well.

[quote name='Dragonlordfrodo']Why doesn't gamestop buy/sell used PC games? They do for every other platform.[/quote]

They used to sell used PC games for great prices 3-4 years ago, though I don't know why. Maybe piracy had something to do with it? Lack of demand?

I highly doubt piracy has to do with it because

1. It would effect the makers of the games, not the store.
2. They wouldn't be able to sell any used games, console and PC, since all games can be pirated.

It is probably because of lack of demand more than anything.

Are there any stores that buy back used PC games?

[quote name='Dragonlordfrodo']Why doesn't gamestop buy/sell used PC games? They do for every other platform.[/QUOTE]
demand is just not there. Plus the amount of Piracy they will get games taken back to them all the time...

[quote name='Dragonlordfrodo']I recently purchased a couple PC games from gamestop. I opened them and tried to install them on my laptop. Most of them didn't work because of the requirements. I know gamestop's policy which is no returns on opened PC games. What about if they didn't work? Or am I SOL any way I look at it? Any information is greatly appreciated.[/quote]

what you could also do is as follows Frodo, since you didn't agree to a EULA (which is pretty much a binding contract) because you were not able to fully install these games and/or activate them is that you can get either the BBB or the state attorney general's office involved as well (under what legal grounds I'm not certain at this moment).

but other than that, you're pretty much SOL bro, sorry.

The reason stores don't sell used PC games anymore is they had problems with the CD-keys still being in use so the new user couldn't play online. excpet for classic pc games I think the only place to sell them is ebay.

[quote name='Logain8955']And Ramstoria, I don't care if the Futurama pic is a "reimaging" style, Leela cant have two eyes :p[/quote]

That same thing has been bothering me ever since I first saw that pic.

bread's done
Back