Gameznflix: charge first, ship later (maybe)

crunchewy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
I placed an order for a whole bunch of stuff from gameznflix.com. The order showed up as processing, then it dissappeared, then it re-appeared and the status for each item was listed as "not shipped". Then I got a call from my credit card company asking about a charge from Gameznflix, Inc. They wanted to know if it was legitimate. Well, it was, but I've come to find out that Gameznflix did not actually have anything I had orderd in stock, yet they went ahead and charged over $200 to my credit card! I also came to find out about their "customer service", where you can't call them, you can only submit a "service ticket" on the web.

In the end they claim that they have canceled my order and refunded my money, but I checked the better business bureau and found that they don't exactly have a great reputation when it comes to refunds. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed. My credit card company says there is nothing they can or will do about this because it was an order I actually made - they'll only stop payment on charges that were not initiated by me (error, stolen card, etc.)

I'm actually somewhat hopeful that they really will refund my money, but none-the-less, the practice of charging customers immediately even when they don't have stock (and some items they charged me for have dubious availability possibility, such as DDR Mario Mix) is not good at all. YMMV, and I certainly hope it does!

That's garbage, talk to a supervisor at your CC. Of course they can charge that merchant back if you placed an order for merchandise they refuse to ship in a timely manner.

I completely empathize with you and have just gone thru the same thing with them -- but my credit card company gave me no trouble at all and I find it strange they wouldn't back you up on this.

I pre-ordered STAR TREK LEGACY back in August. Was charged $48 at the time.

Because I preordered LEGO STAR WARS II at the same time and received it on the weekend it was released, I wasn't worried -- but STAR TREK LEGACY to date has never shown up.

I've emailed them to no end and got back "CSIndia" responses with no information other than "you'll get a notice when it ships," and still it hasn't arrived (maybe they're doing me a favor since the game isn't worth $48!).

I love their low prices for rentals (it's half as much as Gamefly, though they're slooooooooooow to ship) but I'd never order another game from them again after this.

Anyway I contacted my credit card issuer who immediately gave me a conditional credit which I'm sure will be reversed permanently. That's ridiculous that your credit card company wouldn't support you...it's not YOUR fault that the goods were not delivered! I don't pay any extra for my credit card services and they've given me no problem at all when something like this happens.

[quote name='turls']That's garbage, talk to a supervisor at your CC. Of course they can charge that merchant back if you placed an order for merchandise they refuse to ship in a timely manner.[/quote]

Nobody at a CC store will be able to do anything about this. CC and GnF are 2 separate entities.

damn, this is not what I want to hear. I just ordered two Mario DDRs from them and didn't get any kind of confirmation email or anything. I suspected that it was too good to be true and doubt that they have them in stock. I just started the service. But if I can't get a refund, and the bank won't help me out... I'm going to check out 3 of the newest 360 games, report my CC stolen and never return them.:bomb:

[quote name='neocisco']Nobody at a CC store will be able to do anything about this. CC and GnF are 2 separate entities.[/QUOTE]

CC=credit card in this case.

[quote name='neocisco']Nobody at a CC store will be able to do anything about this. CC and GnF are 2 separate entities.[/quote]

In this case CC = credit card I think... not Circuit City which sells gameznflix memberships.

I tried to order Tales of Destiny 2 there. It showed that I could buy it through them and it was listed at 27.99, so I figured I'd give it a shot. The charge sat on my card for 2 months and showed, "Awaiting shipment." I e-mailed them asking for a refund, and they gave it to me no problem. Basically they show everything on their site as available for sale even though a lot of it they don't have. If it seems like they wouldn't actually have it, (AKA rare PS1 RPG's) they won't have it.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']In this case CC = credit card I think... not Circuit City which sells gameznflix memberships.[/quote]
[quote name='rodeojones903']CC=credit card in this case.[/quote]
Oops. I didn't even think about that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Circuit City does have some type of promotional tie-in with GnF and I just assumed. We all know what happens when you do that except it's just me in this case.:)

I was lucky and did get a refund on my order on Digital Devil Saga

but yea I'm never going with them again after that experience, sticking with Gamefly

I signed up for 1 year of service 3 months ago. They still havent charged me and I actully canceled the CC a week ago since I lost it. Im glad they havent charged me, because I would not normally pay for the service. Its not that good. :(

bread's done
Back