Gaming around the house.

Darkside Hazuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Looking around my miniscule living space today, I realized that I have gaming paraphernaila in every room of the house. There's the obvious living room set-up, and then there's the Saturn on my wife's drawing table, the DS in the bedroom, the PS One on the bookshelf, the Wonderswan in the bathroom, and so on...

Anyone else overrun by gaming gadgets, or does everyone keep their hobby/obseesion neatly confined to one room?

All of my stuff is in my room (xbox, ps2 and under my bed I have an n64 and SNES). But throughout the house there is an xbox and ps one (older brother's stuff) in the living room and in my little bro has an xbox, gamecube, and gba sp in his room.

My wife won't let me put things anywhere I want. She makes me keep all my stuff in the living room. But that's cool cause my stuff's orginized. I want to sneak a PSone in the bedroom, it's so small maybe she won't notice.

Haha funny story. I actually have an original Playstation that i have on display in my room, and a Gamecube. The Playstation has an easy explanation, i got a PS2Slim.... the Gamecube however, has more of a twist.

That Gamecube actually completely broke, the spindle completely came off when i was trying to fix it myself (out of warrenty, no cons to it anyway...). Anyway, i guess if you can prove purchase at all, you can call Nintendo and get another Gamecube for $50, so the choice was pretty obvious.

Anyway, Nintendo didnt ask for the old one for whatever reason, so i just keep it on display in my room... haha i like the look of it...

I brought my primary systems (Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBA) and all my games with me to college, and they're all organized neatly in my dorm.

My other systems (SNES, Dreamcast, N64), are back home, 600 miles away.

[quote name='DT778']All of my stuff is in my room (xbox, ps2 and under my bed I have an n64 and SNES). But throughout the house there is an xbox and ps one (older brother's stuff) in the living room and in my little bro has an xbox, gamecube, and gba sp in his room.[/QUOTE]

Dude you each have your own xbox? wtf? Sharing is fun.

I have all systems hooked up to one tv... next to my 2 computers... oddly enough I live japanese style where almost everything is on the floor. I got rid of my bed cuz I sleep better on the floot, thus a sleeping bag.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']oddly enough I live japanese style where almost everything is on the floor..[/QUOTE]

That doesn't seem like an efficient use of space - odd that is the Japanese style.

[quote name='Backlash']Dude you each have your own xbox? wtf? Sharing is fun.[/QUOTE]
Well I got mine a long time ago. My little brother got his last christmas. He was in a program were they buy you whatever you want, so he asked for an xbox. My older brother bought his like a month ago from my friend for $50 because it wouldn't read any discs. Then I replaced the drive for him.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']My wife won't let me put things anywhere I want, it's so small maybe she won't notice.[/QUOTE]

LOL I couldn't resist. Sorry...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I got rid of my bed cuz I sleep better on the floot, thus a sleeping bag.[/QUOTE]

celibate?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']what's that mean? (if I sound like an idiot, sorry, but... well, yeah)[/QUOTE]

It means you don't get any action and will probably die a virgin. :lol:

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Thanks for taking that out of context.[/QUOTE]

It is the least I could do. Come on.. you know it was funny.

In my room, I have my TV on a stand with 2 shelves. On the first shelf is my PS2 and games, the bottom shelf is the rest of my PS2 games and my SNES. In another drawer I have all my SNES games...

Then, on a wicker shelf, I have all my DS games alphabetized next to some Simpsons figures. =P

basement 'o glory:
60'' hdtv tv
Xbox
PS2
VCR
DVD Player
SNES
N64
Dreamcast
Genesis

10ft away...
My computer:
+3200 A64 Venice
Lan Party UT SL-DR
512mb ram
GeForce FX 5200 (in process of upgrading)

I live here.

[quote name='Backlash']That doesn't seem like an efficient use of space - odd that is the Japanese style.[/QUOTE]

MAN CANNOT LIVE BY VIDEO GAMES ALONE.

What I have hooked up are my three XBOX's (2 reg black & 1 halo ed), PS2 & PS2Slim and Gamecube. I would like to play more of everything, but time doesn't permit. Why not? cuz either I'm too busy upgrading my PC Programs on my tower and laptop, fussing with my PSP MS, updating my DS periphials, watching dvd's, and the latest, trying to come up with a way to use my new PSOne LCD.

BTW, I hooked the PSOne LCD to my PC as I have a vid card to allow it and when I play any video from MSMedia Player it shows full screen on the LCD. I think I'll try to mod it into a frame like I read somewhere here.

I try to play my systems more than I possibly can but life is what it is and demands time for chores, work, and soon school. Alot of ppl stop when they are in school and I am scared of that.

But my ultimate goal for my gaming systems is to hook them all up to my entertainment unit and be able to keep everything organized. I would like to hook up my DC and SNES but no more room or AC outlets. I think I'm not up to code for fire safety with all the electronics I have plugged in :O

[+`::]

I am truly greatful for CAG. All you CAG's are awesome!

p.s. - shameless plug: I'm in the San Gabriel area, California, and if a local didn't get a chance to pick-up a PSOne LCD then I have an extra one for $35. The seal is broken but it doesn't look like it was opened outside of the packaging. The one I'm using was opened and used (I could tell because the contacts to the PSOne showed it had been connected) and works like a charm. Otherwise, off to ebay it goes in about a month.

Confined to one room ... actually my house started to get overrun a bit because I ran out of space, so I ended up selling stuff I didn't play like my GBA after I got the SP.

PS2, GCN, NES, SNES, and N64 are hooked up in my main family room. Atari 2600 is in the secondary den area.

GCN was in the bedroom but got moved, and now I have to compete with my wife (who is currently playing Pikmin 2) for video game time. Might need to move the GCN back...

EDIT: That was my 2000th post. Yay.

bread's done
Back