Gaming Furniture?

McNutsack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
You know, entertainment centers, shelves, etc.

Any one have any idea where to find some? Cheapness factor is a given!
Need to pimp out my collection and room, ya know?

Right now I have a typical tv entertainment center with a couple shelves that I store games on, hidden behind glass. It's bulky and just not neccessary anymore with flat Tv's, and it will only fi up to a 27 inch crt, not an LCD :|

A few weeks ago I found something like this in my dads garage, except it has no wheels:

45506019-Main-med.JPG

It's no where near as ugly, and I only use it to keep my four consoles on. It really is convenient, but far from attractive. I throw a blanket over it when done so my stuff stays dust free. I like it's easiness factor, and knowing it has room to breathe, but I also know it looks dumb.

I googled "game furniture" and saw this, It's the general idea of what I am looking for:

41qqlntrhtL._AA280_.jpg

But not quite. It doesnt have enough space for DVD games(the top shelves are cd games I think?), but I suppose I could just put more shelves next to it.
And it only holds one system, and I'd like something that would allow me to keep four hooked up at all time, or be in close distance to hook up(I always have to unplug and plug in component cables when switching consoles)
The wheels are convenient, but not a must, ha.
If it had a platform under the left shelf of games, and another platform under the right, it'd be perfect; then I could sit three consoles at a time on it.

sorry for talking so much, I just wanted to be specific. My googling skills have failed me, maybe someone else has advice, retail stores, or online sites to visit :)

Your best bet maybe to keep an eye out for bedroom entertainment stands/centers. They are often more compact like that and some have storage. They are usually 32-40" wide, but the downside is the vast majority are still made for CRT TVs so they are rather deep too. Find one with 3 shelves and it should suit your needs.

Edit: Though I don't like Sauder furniture this is a good visual example of what I was talking about. You may need additional storage again though for DVDs.
http://www.amazon.com/Sauder-Planke...14?ie=UTF8&s=furniture&qid=1187064248&sr=1-45

Another, but minus doors and slimmer for flat panels.
http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Contem...14?ie=UTF8&s=furniture&qid=1187064503&sr=1-43

Just hunt down a modular bookshelft and cut holes in the backpanel as needed for wiring. I did that and it works out amazingly. You can arrange the shelves just right so you don't waste any space and it looks spiffy too.

bread's done
Back