Gaming Headset $10 on Buy.com

I have those headphones. The most UNCOMFORTABLE piece of crap ever. Also, the volume switch is completely worthless. The cables are flimsy and the connectors are bad, you have to keep jiggling it around for the headphones to work.

Please, do not buy this, not even worth $10.

My 360 head set just broke. For 10 dollars shipped, I am going to give these a shot.

Can anyone confirm that I will just need at 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm headphone adapter to get the mic to connect to my 360 controller?

[quote name='atlantas']My 360 head set just broke. For 10 dollars shipped, I am going to give these a shot.

Can anyone confirm that I will just need at 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm headphone adapter to get the mic to connect to my 360 controller?[/QUOTE]
This is a PC headset.

[quote name='Unrealevil']This is a PC headset.[/QUOTE]

Which can easily be adapted for use with a 360 with the right connectors. I'm just looking for confirmation on how to do that.

What is so special about a PC head set that wouldn't allow you to use it on a 360?

its 10 dollars shipped...even if got a bad review from ONE person, should still be a good headset for the price...

Pass, after reading some of the reviews on Amazon about the headset I rather just blow my money on a glass of beer.

[quote name='Shimrra']Pass, after reading some of the reviews on Amazon about the headset I rather just blow my money on a glass of beer.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sadunk']I need one but not with those reviews. I'm out.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same. But I wonder if those reviews were written when the headphones were listed at $80?

I went ahead and ordered one hoping and believing that with a price of $9.99 and free shipping they would be at least equivalent to a cheap pair of ear buds from any regular B&M.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. :bomb:

[quote name='AriesWarlock']Hey, if you know of any offer for Rocketfish PS3 wired headset, let me know.[/QUOTE]

That should be $20 at Best Buy, and its worth the price. It may be one of the cheapest headsets you can get, but its pretty good quality. I've been using it for about 3 or 4 months, and haven't had any problems yet.

[quote name='atlantas']Which can easily be adapted for use with a 360 with the right connectors. I'm just looking for confirmation on how to do that.

What is so special about a PC head set that wouldn't allow you to use it on a 360?[/QUOTE]
It's the 360 that's special. If all you want is the voice chat coming through, then it's possible. On top of what atherzog recommended, you'll probably want something like this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FUG5V8

[quote name='atherzog']If you want to use it with a 360 I think you would want one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...85ZMY19TFVBXP4[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Unrealevil']It's the 360 that's special. If all you want is the voice chat coming through, then it's possible. On top of what atherzog recommended, you'll probably want something like this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FUG5V8[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help and suggestions. Once I get this head set, it seems I will be taking a few trips to Radioshack. Once I figure it all out, I will be sure to post a blog concerning the components needed and a "how to" on getting it to work.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']point is moot here.. Buy.com cancelled my order and gave me 10$ credit..[/QUOTE]

Haven't received this yet. Crossing fingers.

[quote name='atherzog']If you want to use it with a 360 I think you would want one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...85ZMY19TFVBXP4[/QUOTE]

I already tried using analog pc headphones with this adapter but you can only hear other people talking and no game audio. Seems like you need another adapter that splits the incoming audio so that you can hook it up to both the 360 controller and headphone jack in the tv.

I got lazy after trying the adapter and haven't looked to see if such a splitter exists though.

At $10, it is tempting. But the reviews aren't great, and my $14 logitech headset is working good enough, so I probably won't buy.

bread's done
Back