Gaming Headset

jonac13

CAGiversary!
I got a Fatal1ty headset a while ago for a pretty good price, but after playing Left 4 Dead a bit, some people have told me that my voice is really scratchy and they could barely hear me... I checked my audio software and whatnot, and it just seems to be a hardware problem with this weak headset.

So I'm looking for a new headset to replace it... I'm looking to spend about $50 at most, but I can be flexible if I have to, because I'm a bit tired of sacrificing quality for a really good price. If at all possible, I'd love a noise-canceling microphone and supra-aural cups, but the latter is a little more of a pipedream. Anyone have any suggestions?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Just before you go out and by a new headset, what's your Db boost at?[/quote]

I've tried at all the boost settings I have, and each time people had problems hearing me. I'm fairly confident that it's the actual headset, rather than something I'm doing wrong with the software.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Sorry to shit on you trying to make cash ray, but to OP, don't buy these. It's a bitch to keep on your head, and mine was really quiet. One of the earpieces also cut out really quickly (5 weeks?).[/QUOTE]

Then don't. Saying sorry doesn't make it ok to shit on me.

[quote name='Raymond']Then don't. Saying sorry doesn't make it ok to shit on me.[/quote]

Dude, the OP asked for advice. We're a community that's supposed to be looking out for each other, not trying to cash in by selling each other our bad products. If you disagree with his opinion of them, say so. Otherwise, don't be surprised if you're called out for trying to take advantage of fellow a fellow CAG.

I have a pair of the everglides posted above, and as for headphones they are great. The cord is nice and long, and the sound is great. The microphone they come with is just like a clip on mic that isn't too great imo, which looks like what your focusing on looking for.

I just noticed the Turtle Beach ad at the top of the page, which links to:

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.co....aspx#PCGaming&client=ca-pub-2332019256106594

I have the X-1s that are marketed as a 360 headset, but it's also compatible with PC. I wouldn't say it's the best headset, but my friends said my voice was clearer in comparison to the Logitech Extreme headset I was using for WoW. Those other ones from Turtle Beach might be a better fit, but the next best is $69.99 for the X-52s.

I can vouch that the Logitech Gaming headset posted are not that great. Mine broke within the first month. I like the cheap Logitech ClearChat headset, you can get them for under 20 bucks.

bread's done
Back