Gaming Logitec 5.1 surround and X4 headphones on sale amazon.com

Thanks for the deal, but I think I'll stick with my $24 earphones, lol.

Those look pretty sweet though

I got the Z5500 for $170 shipped about 4 years ago. It's been even lower than that every once in a while. They're wonderful speakers, but $230 is not at all hot

The Z-5500 system is great for home theater surround sound as well, not just as computer speakers. Hard to find a comparable HTIB for the price. Shipping's free if you have Prime and downgrade to 3-day... if you don't have Prime, Shipping will be $30 minimum, so it makes more sense to start prime than it does to pay shipping.

Good deal, I've been pricewatching the Z-5500 for a while and this is the cheapest I've seen it in about 4 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wetrix']It's actually $192.05 shipped from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

No, because the speakers don't qualify for free shipping.

I don't have Prime, so maybe someone can get free shipping through that method.

Otherwise, the shipping amount for me was around $45.

[quote name='opportunity777']No, because the speakers don't qualify for free shipping.

Otherwise, the shipping amount for me was around $45.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I see it now; otherwise, this would be a good deal. I'll have to keep an eye out for these speakers.

Not a great deal after shipping and tax. Look on ebay if you want a great deal. I got my Logitech Z-2300 (the 2.1 version of this) for $87 after UPS ground shipping! They were brand new, never opened, factory sealed, not refurbs, etc. I'm sure that it's at least worth a look for these on ebay.

wow i bought my z-5500 for 250 a couple years ago and i though i had a good deal. o_O

as for the quality, the sub is AWESEOME! however the satellites are lacking midbass (of course for a 3" driver lol) for a small room and the price, you can't go wrong.

[quote name='opportunity777']No, because the speakers don't qualify for free shipping.

Otherwise, the shipping amount for me was around $45.[/QUOTE]

As I said, you can get Prime for $16 and then shipping's free... or, you can look at it as $16 shipping with free Prime... either way's a great deal.

got z-5500 like 4 years ago for 140 shipped. theyre not orgasm good like people make them out to be, but theyre decent-above-average nonetheless. used xbox360+vga+optical+z5500 back in 06. glad to see logitech can still crank these out for 200+ each. cant blame them... seeing as they replace entire units for free when broken, only requiring a shipment of the control pod to them.

[quote name='ivanctorres']What about the X4s?
I'm still kicking myself for not picking them up on NewEgg during the Black Friday sale.[/quote]

I think cheapy bought them and he reviewed them one of his recent cagcast podcast.

[quote name='Koggit']The Z-5500 system is great for home theater surround sound as well, not just as computer speakers. Hard to find a comparable HTIB for the price. Shipping's free if you have Prime and downgrade to 3-day... if you don't have Prime, Shipping will be $30 minimum, so it makes more sense to start prime than it does to pay shipping.

Good deal, I've been pricewatching the Z-5500 for a while and this is the cheapest I've seen it in about 4 months.[/quote]

I have prime and the slowest shipping (3-5 business days) still costs $37.44, so the total is $229. How do I get it to be free shipping with prime. It only gives me standard, 2-day, and overnight shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='addicted2games']I have prime and the slowest shipping (3-5 business days) still costs $37.44, so the total is $229. How do I get it to be free shipping with prime. It only gives me standard, 2-day, and overnight shipping.[/QUOTE]

I think he meant this: a buyer pays for Prime. The difference is only 'X' amount, which is almost like getting Prime for free (instead of paying the $35 to $45 shipping).

Also, he said to downgrade to 3-day. I have no idea because I don't have Prime. Regardless, the speakers are still out of my acceptable price range.

I've been eyeing the X4s as well, but i just got a Tritton X360 headset last year (which I just found the mic for it that I thought I had lost). It's been a hardsell to my wife, but my mom has offered to go halves as a late Xmas present.
How cheap were they during the Newegg Black Friday sale?

Thanks,
EW

[quote name='ivanctorres']I'm still kicking myself for not picking them up on NewEgg during the Black Friday sale.[/quote]

Ditto.
Although I am happy wit the Canon A590 I picked up instead.
But I sure would like to at least try out a pair of the X4's some day.

[quote name='hayamakun']You guys think this is good for the price? 230 still seems high for me, plus shipping..[/quote]

I just checked FW and it looks like Dell had these for $215 shipped 17 days ago. I've seen it go under $200 several times, including as low as about $150 shipped (new). Of course, those deals are sporadic, but unless you need to get these NOW, I'd wait if I were you. These are great speakers, and if I didn't know about what the price has been, I'd gladly have paid $250+ for these (it's worth it).

The X4s were on sale @ newegg for 139.99 during black friday. I am really upset I passed on them but I really wanted to do all my christmas shopping during that weekend so I passed because it wasn't in my budget. Now I can't pull the trigger on them knowing that I could have had them for 140 no tax and free shipping. :(

I dont think this is such a great deal
winkiewinkgif

anybody know if the 5.1 will work on DVDs and AC3 encoded xvid/divx .avi files? That would put me in for a pair of these suckers.

These minisales on the xbox 360 headsets are killing me. I really want a pair but don't want to be stuck with them if they aren't that great. Taking 20-30 of the of them are just making me remember them.

edit: answered my own question.. it is simulated Dolby 5.1 to Dolby Headphone, and yes it takes in any 5.1 source, not including DTS though, and pumps it simulated, to the headphones. Will work with any source that outputs from a optical source, but the mic won't work on anything but a 360.

[quote name='Treythalomew']These minisales on the xbox 360 headsets are killing me. I really want a pair but don't want to be stuck with them if they aren't that great. Taking 20-30 of the of them are just making me remember them.[/QUOTE]

The sell these at bestbuy, we could just "try" them and return them to bestbuy, then order them from newegg or amazon. I think I may do that myself.

can someone tell me the difference between the X3 and the X4? And also, best buy had the sale of $80 for the X3s, but the X4s were also $80. YMMV on that though.

[quote name='ivanctorres']What about the X4s?
I'm still kicking myself for not picking them up on NewEgg during the Black Friday sale.[/quote]

Ivan, I recommended those to Caime (based on Cheapy's review) and he absolutely loves them...

Would love to pick up a pair for myself my I'm tapped out :(

People really underestimate what difference high value/quality headphones make. I picked up a pair of Sennheiser HD-555s over the BF for $75 shipped to use on my gaming PC. I really love them, even when compared to my decked out 7.1 surround sound system. There have been moments in Fallout 3 that I've been completely freaked out. I could only imagine what a headphones capable of 5.1 would be like. Although they can do som really crazy stuff with only stereo head phones.

[quote name='CaptDS9E']X4's are awesome[/QUOTE]

They definitely are! I already had the Tritton X360 and the Turtle Beach X1 headsets but still wanted wireless and ordered the X4 headset last November from buy.com for 160 and it is my favorite headset by far, very lightweight and comfortable to wear, they sound great, hearing chat in 360 games never sounded better. The only experience I had with a wireless headset previous was a Jensen pair from years ago that had real bad interference so that kept me away from wireless headsets, if I had known they were this good I would have had no problem buying them for 200 plus when they first came out.

I have the Logitech speakers as my home theater setup. Great set, got them for $140 during a great Amazon rebate. I have to keep a leash on Mr. Woofer, though, since I live on an upper floor.

I have prime and it charges me for shipping on the speakers as well.

On a side note these are also eligible for a 40 dollar rebate so the deal isnt too bad but not great either.

[quote name='pROvIs']I have prime and it charges me for shipping on the speakers as well.

On a side note these are also eligible for a 40 dollar rebate so the deal isnt too bad but not great either.[/QUOTE]

That rebate says you must have purchased the system by 12/15/08.

[quote name='kart007k']Ear Force X4 Dolby Digital Wireless (for Xbox 360) for $169.99 SHIPPED
http://www.amazon.com/Force-Digital..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1231396327&sr=8-3

Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 505-Watt 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System $229.49 SHIPPED

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-THX-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1231396626&sr=8-1

I hear that the logitech surround system is very good.[/quote]

The Earforce X4 headphones are cheaper at Provantage.com
http://www.provantage.com/voyetra-turtle-beach-systems-tbs-2067~7VOYE02U.htm

[quote name='52club']People really underestimate what difference high value/quality headphones make. I picked up a pair of Sennheiser HD-555s over the BF for $75 shipped to use on my gaming PC. I really love them, even when compared to my decked out 7.1 surround sound system. There have been moments in Fallout 3 that I've been completely freaked out. I could only imagine what a headphones capable of 5.1 would be like. Although they can do som really crazy stuff with only stereo head phones.[/quote]

5.1 headphones are a gimmick. Audiophiles like to sneer at them :D

Your 555's should blow any 5.1 headset out of the water. I was actually looking at getting the 555's myself. How is the comfort over long periods? How is the performance on rock music (if you've listened to it)?

[quote name='myiamoto']I don't know much about 5.1 headphones. Are these TRITTON AX360 good? They are on sale at newegg.com and free shipping with code: EMCABAHBC.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...010809-_-HeadsetsAccessories-_-L0D-_-26235001[/QUOTE]

Their unique feature is that there are individual speakers for each channel in each earpiece except for center and lfe (which is a cool kind of rumble sound compared to actual bass). They're really good for surround sound gaming, but all the wires really are inconvenient and a little awkward. I always have to disconnect it and put it away so the rest of the family won't trip over the wires. It's also a pain to have to adjust the audio settings within each game's menu to balance the game audio with that of the xbox live chat (i.e. your live chat doesn't have a sepearte volume control). If I remember correctly, the reviews for it on Amazon spelled out a lot of the pros and cons. I think my wife paid aroun $135 - $150 for them last Xmas.

If the X4 are using "Dolby Headphone (TM)" technology (surround sound over a stereo headset), it should be pretty sweet. I researched the technology when I looked at getting a Sony "Dolby Headphone (TM)" converter before catching the X360s at a good price last year. The converter itself was over a $100 I think.

If you can somehow afford the X4 set though, I'd recommend giving it a try just because they're wireless, seem to have seperate volume controls for game audio AND chat audio, and have been getting really good reviews overall. That's an okay price for the X360 though (especially compared to what I paid). There is a newer model available from Tritton that's almost as expensive as the X4. Thinking about ebaying my x360 to put some money down on the X4 headset.

EG

bread's done
Back