Gaming on 3D TV

whitecastle

CAGiversary!
I see the 3D TVs at the stores and can't help but wonder how would playing a video game on there work? Has anyone tried or seen it done?

I am wanting some input since I want to move and start all over...furniture and all (xbox 360, TVs etc..).

Cheapy has had decent things to say about PS3 on his new 3D TV.

I do a ton of 3D gaming on PC and find it pretty addictive. I havent put a lot of time into console 3D, but suspect it would be at least similar.

On the PC, I find flight and racing sims, FPS's and MMOs to really benefit from 3D support (esp 3D multi-display surround)

Yeah, racing games are pretty immersive in 3D. Wipeout HD will make you twitch even more, and GT5 really puts you in there. I've tried Sly Cooper and the Prince of Persia games in 3d, and while it still has a 3D effect, they dont really benefit to much from it. Possibly because they are older games. Super Stardust HD

Haven't done much FPS on PC 3D, but Killzone 3 should be a good test of what 3D can do to enhance your gaming experience.

I didn't really like 3D gaming all that much... I tried Sly Collection in 3D and I've CoD BO in 3D, both games were okay for the first five minutes, then I start to get motion sickness :whistle2:(

I don't have problems with 3D movies, I watched Despicable Me in 3D and I totally enjoyed it (and the ability to watch it over and over w/o paying 3D movie ticket is pure awesomeness).

I will give Super Stardust a 3D spin later...

It also depends on how the game implements the 3D. Enclave for instance doesn't have any settings for stereo separation. So you're stuck with what I thought was barely any. Avatar: The Game on the other hand does just about anything you can think of, separation, type (side by side, checkerboard, etc.), polarity, brightness, gamma, etc.

bread's done
Back