Gaming PC: Windows 7 or Windows 8?

iduncurr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I'm a casual player and typically an Apple user but I'm considering getting an Alienware x51 for League of Legends and probably to use Big Picture on Steam. I know I can probably build my own gaming PC at a cheaper price but I like the form factor and I don't think I want to mess around with building my own computer to be honest (I work too much).

The biggest question I had was essentially...should I go with Windows 7 or Windows 8 for gaming? I don't want Windows 8 nay sayers on things you've seen. I'd rather have input if you have actually tried/done gaming on Windows 8.

Also if I do end up getting a gaming PC should I just ditch my Xbox? I'm bad at juggling gaming on different systems.

Well if you buy a pre made system it will already come with Windows 8. There is really not much difference between 7 and 8 anyway except the live tiles. But you can easily get to a desktop area and install a native start menu (start8 is good). Supposedly some people get a few more frames per second of windows 8. Because of the lack of areo (which was a resource hog). But that is negligible.

If there is no more games you want to play on xbox then get rid of it. On what system you should keep, it all depends on what games you play.

bread's done
Back