Gaming PC

xboxowns

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm starting to save up at least a grand for a really good maybe top-of-the-line gaming PC, and cheap obviously. Are there any good online deals or maybe the components so I can build it myself?

Buy most of your stuff from Newegg. Their return/exchange policy on most items is amazing.. definitely nice for any builder.

ZipZoomFly is easily the best place for cases IMO because they usually have rebates, not to mention free shipping on most stuff.

BTW, you can't have a top of the line PC for cheap. But $1000 is plenty for an awesome rig, assuming you're not including a monitor in that price.

Mine has AMD 64 3800, Ballistix 1GB RAM, 250GB 7200RPM 16MB cache WD SATA HD, Floppy/card reader, DVD+-RW, 500W Antec PSU, Nforce 4 motherboard, SB X-Fi sound, 19" wdiescreen LCD. and a Geforce 7900 and it was a little above 800, but a lot of prices have dropped. I built it from march-last month.

[quote name='PhreQuencYViii']Mine has AMD 64 3800, Ballistix 1GB RAM, 250GB 7200RPM 16MB cache WD SATA HD, Floppy/card reader, DVD+-RW, 500W Antec PSU, Nforce 4 motherboard, SB X-Fi sound, 19" wdiescreen LCD. and a Geforce 7900 and it was a little above 800, but a lot of prices have dropped. I built it from march-last month.[/QUOTE]

All of that for $800 back in March? I find that hard to believe... but well done!:)

I bought some of it march and finished it last month, prices dropped a lot since then but yes, I think I did good. It was even cheaper really, since I sold off all my old comp for it. I like it! It plays everything flawlessly.

EDIT I added it up and it was actually 960 altogether, but now I think this CPU is cheaper and before I didn't count my PSU in the price, since that I got for graduation, but still pretty good! You can prolly save more by reusing your CD drives and such.

bread's done
Back