Gaming question!

WongTongSoup

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hello fellow CAG's! I got a question about buying a game from the UK! If I buy a game from the UK will I be able to play it on my PS3? I'm gonna buy Little Big Planet 2 Collector's Edition from eBay. Same thing with Mortal Kombat. The steelbook version from Canada, will this be playable on a PS3 version also??? Thanks a lot in advance! Hopefully this is the right section to ask this question. Also I did try searching the question but it couldn't find any topics on it.

I'm pretty sure majority of games are region free on the PS3. I look on ebay and many are selling japanese/UK/etc. copies advertising that it still works on a USA ps3. Though don't take my word 100%.

Most games are indeed region free, but some do have restrictions. You should be fine on those games, though. Also, if you buy a game from another country, only that country's DLC will work.. for instance, I have the UK version of Eye Pet, so I would have to buy DLC from the UK PSN.. which is a pain, because I either need a credit card based out of the UK or I'd have to buy the UK PSN cards on eBay.. you can't use US PSN cards for another country's PSN service.

[quote name='Scorch']Most games are indeed region free, but some do have restrictions. You should be fine on those games, though. Also, if you buy a game from another country, only that country's DLC will work.. for instance, I have the UK version of Eye Pet, so I would have to buy DLC from the UK PSN.. which is a pain, because I either need a credit card based out of the UK or I'd have to buy the UK PSN cards on eBay.. you can't use US PSN cards for another country's PSN service.[/QUOTE]
I think you just gave me a reason not to buy lol. That's really incontinent for buying little big planet 2 from the UK. But is a canadian game still based on the same store as the US?

I know for a fact that UK DLC is region locked but still researching about a Canadian version of Mortal Kombat. Can anyone help me out to know if it is the same as the US version? They both use the same PSN store? I want to say yes but I need a 100% sure answer!

bread's done
Back