Gantz Seasons 1 & 2 $29.99 - YMMV?

Trudy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Stopped by Best Buy today in Stevens Point, WI and spotted Gantz Seasons 1 & 2 shrinkwrapped together for $29.99.

Probably the best deal that I've seen on the series--just one season costs more than what I paid for the both of them together.

Hope this helps someone else. For $3/disk, I couldn't pass two seasons of gratuitous alien violence up.

Just to warn any potential buyers, if you cannot stomach horror movie stupidity, do not pick up this series.

It has horror movie stupidy times 100 in every episode.

[quote name='B:L']Just to warn any potential buyers, if you cannot stomach horror movie stupidity, do not pick up this series.

It has horror movie stupidy times 100 in every episode.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it, but I agree. It annoyed, frustrated, and pissed me off the whole time.

Yeah. Absolutely no pay off in the end. Too many questions left unanswered and WAY too many dumbasses. I just finished watching the first season and just read the synopsis for every episode for the 2nd. When I found out what I did I was glad I didn't bother spending the time to watch. I was really hoping some characters were going to make some kind of turn around and quit being complete dumbasses or completely annoying, but no luck.

It unfortunately did not follow the entire manga series, which would have given us more hints about Gantz's origins.

Even though I just watch it for the pointless, gratuitous violence, thirty bucks is a pretty good deal for ten DVDs.

The sku is 702727206726, and has been placed over the old UPC on both boxes.

I'm heading to Wausau this weekend on a family trip from Oshkosh, maybe I'll drop by and pick one up if there is still any left

[quote name='B:L']Just to warn any potential buyers, if you cannot stomach horror movie stupidity, do not pick up this series.

It has horror movie stupidy times 100 in every episode.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was pretty good up until the last episode that deviated from the manga greatly. I believe the manga is still going.

Other boxsets are also available. Availability may really vary now as most of these started at around fall '09.
Specially Discounted & Marked ADV Films Boxsets - B&M / YMMV (While Supplies Last!)

• Angelic Layer: Complete Collection (Re-release / 2008 Edition): $19.99 [SKU: 9537575] | Cover art
  • Blue Seed: Complete Collection (Re-release / 2008 Edition): $24.99 [SKU: 9363949] | Cover art
  • Cromartie High School: Complete Collection (Re-release / 2008 Edition): $19.99 [SKU: 9363887] | Cover art
  • DNAngel: Complete Collection: $29.99 [SKU: 9636213] | Cover art
  • Evangelion, Neon Genesis: Platinum Complete Collection (Holiday Edition): $39.99 [SKU: 9633216] | Cover art
  • Gantz: Season 1 & 2 Complete Bundle (Shrinkwrapped 2006 Editions): $29.99 [SKU: 9363645] | Cover art: S1 / S2
  • Godannar: Complete Collection (2007 Edition): $29.99 [SKU: 9364038] | Cover art this or this
  • Maburaho: Complete Collection (2007 Edition): $29.99 [SKU: 9364029] | Cover art
  • Peacemaker: Complete Collection (Re-release / 2008 Edition): $29.99 [SKU: 9537922] | Cover art
  • Samurai Gun: Complete Collection | Status: Never Released / Canceled?

Does anyone know if the Evangelion Platinum Bundle includes the Director's Cut episodes?

On the fence right now, but would go for it if it was Director Cut episodes.

Well the complete collection is out so they're probably trying to get rid of the old sets. That being said it's nothing special compared to the manga which has become really epic btw. For now the only Gantz related merchandise that gets my money is that.

[quote name='Trudy']Does anyone know if the Evangelion Platinum Bundle includes the Director's Cut episodes?

On the fence right now, but would go for it if it was Director Cut episodes.[/QUOTE]

If you mean of ep. 21-24, yes, the director's cut version of those eps. are in there. They have the regular version of ep. 21-26 on disc 5 and the director's cut of 21-24 on disc 6.

I bought it in 2008 when they last had it for $39.99. I watched the original version with the 1st set of dvds that were released. So I haven't had a chance to watch this version yet.

bread's done
Back