Gargoyles Season 2, Volume 2 and Talespin Volume 3 - $9.96 each only at Walmart

Sweet, I will have to pop over and check later this afternoon as I have been wanting to complete my Talespin set for awhile. Were they mixed in with children's DVDs or on an end cap or in a bin?

Sweet, I will have to pop over and check later this afternoon as I have been wanting to complete my Talespin set for awhile. Were they mixed in with children's DVDs or on an end cap or in a bin?
At the store I found them in, they were located at the bottom of one of the islands in between the new release section and the blu ray section.

Are they in the same yellow bordered dvd case they were from the Movie Club, or did they make a different retail release?

Also, let's get Ducktales and Darkwing Duck please :)

As I understand it, Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers is in the same boat as talespin, that it is/was like 1 disc away from being complete. Bastards.

Last edited by a moderator:
From BR.com -

Talespin Vol 3

Ducktales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp

Goof Troop Vols 1 & 2

Gargoyles S2 P2

All $9.96, in new packaging for Wal-Mart (vs. prior DMC packaging).

I found all these in my local Wal-Mart, albeit on different displays/islands (mixed in with the kids section).

Found mine in roughly the same location as the OP, island Disney themed display in between two aisles. Packaging is different then what was pictures on the Disney Movie club site so I wonder if it previously had a slip case or something. These are standard Amaray cases with second plastic insert attached to the spine of the case to hold the second disc of Talespin. Didn't see goof troop but did see Treasures of the Lost Lamp. Took individual shots but the only one that didn't turn out blurry was Gargoyles.

14dln2p.jpg

90ak5e.jpg

Found mine in roughly the same location as the OP, island Disney themed display in between two aisles. Packaging is different then what was pictures on the Disney Movie club site so I wonder if it previously had a slip case or something. These are standard Amaray cases with second plastic insert attached to the spine of the case to hold the second disc of Talespin. Didn't see goof troop but did see Treasures of the Lost Lamp. Took individual shots but the only one that didn't turn out blurry was Gargoyles.

14dln2p.jpg

90ak5e.jpg
Not sure if the same in your store - mine had the same display locations for the titles above, with Goof Troop on a separate island.

if you guys dont use the DMR codes please send them my way!!!!

Also heads up, probably wont work but if you scan your receipts with walmrt app, and have a vudu account attached you may get vudu digital copies.

read more here:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=250149
Says it doesn't work with Disney. Not surprising since they have Disney Movies Anywhere. People have said these work though:

Wreck-it-Ralph
Frankenweenie
Tangled
Tron Legacy
Cinderella
John Carter
Up
Monster's Inc.
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
The Incredibles
Finding Nemo (Maybe was already there?)
Brave
Beauty and the Beast
The Lion King
Peter Pan
Lady and the Tramp

Just want to mention that I saw at Target last week they had a whole section of shelves for all the other releases of the animated TV shows. They were in new packaging (a normal sized DVD case instead of the boxes they were originally), but they seemed to have most of them. DuckTales, TaleSpin, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, etc. They were all $9.99 each. Add in their 15% off Cartwheel coupon right now and it makes them $8.49 each.

Has anyone heard if Disney is going to resume these releases? I find it odd that they would go to the trouble of re-releasing all of the previous sets and the previous DMC exclusives to not release new shows and volumes.

Picked up Goof Troop Vols. 1 and 2.  Saw the others but I think I can wait.  Goof Troop has always been way overpriced so very happy to be able to get these for $10 a season.  I don't have that third Tailspin but that's a timed exclusive I can wait on.  Goof Troop is the lesser known of the Disney Afternoon and I missed out on that show.  Looking forward to watching some of these.  Also picked up Mickey Mouse.  Heard so many great things about this new take had to check it out.

bread's done
Back