Gas Expected to jump to $4.00 tomorrow?

Went to get gas this AM, $2.95 per gallon. As I was filling, the price on the sign changed to $3.17! Bought 25 gallons at $2.95 and when I hung up the pump it changed to $3.17 too. If I would have started filling up 30 seconds later it would have cost me an extra $5.50!

[quote name='botticus']The hell are you driving?

While 4 dollars a gallon would suck, relative to $3 a gallon, it's not like it's a new cost that's going to bankrupt someone. Another $10-$20 per fill-up. Granted, it used to only cost me $10 to fill up my car. 1997-98 was an awesome year. 87 cents![/quote]

An extra $15 per fill up for me and I have to fill up every week, more if I do anything besides work. So yes while 60 won't backrupt me and potentially 90 won't either, it's still a significant chunk of change that I would much rather put towards paying off the huge student loans I have. I don't know about you but I have much better things I could devote $720 dollars a year to.

[quote name='Warner1281']You're a dumbass. I can't think of a single car that costs less than $50k that gets worse gas mileage than your current POS.[/QUOTE]

take your car and STOP AND GO for 89 miles a day every few seconds and then see what your gas millage is

Yes if i just drove to say a job in the factory my car would probally get 22 MPG

other people who work for the paper have up to a 1999 car and still get less then 15 MPG most are ranging around around 10 to 13 miles a gallon no matter what you drive,.

[quote name='lokizz']another part of it too is environmentalists. many politicians are afraid to piss them off so we end up suffering in the longrun. theres plenty of oil out there to be had but people balk whenever they try and build a new oil rig in the ocean or even when it comes to getting oil in other places in amrica. the supply is there its just that the means to process the oil is whats etting held back. not to mention the whole corn into gas thing is a joke it takes more to make corn based gas then it would to do like they do in south american with a sugar based gas.

long story short greed and arrogance is whats keeping gas prices high. the govt gets a big chunk of the gas profits, enviromentalist wont allow us to tap into whats there to be ha and nobody wants to have oil refineries near where they live. theres alt forms of fuel to be made and had but how many of you are willing to make the financial sacrifice needed to get them out there?[/quote]

:rofl:

Yeah those darn enviornmentalists are a big part of why gas costs so much. They have so much power - why do the big oil companies and the current Bush admin kowtow to their interests all the time?

was on hold. Dude i was talking with on the phone said a brand new car that has an EST of 40 MPG will be very lucky to get 18 to 22 miles per gallon on a paper route.

So i guess getting new car is out of the question since that wouldnt even double what im getting now

asked about a hybrd and they said i would probally blow up the battery stopping too much

so that is out of the question as well

seems if gas hits 4 bucks i just sit on ass and collect cans out of the garbage : )

[quote name='slidecage']asked about a hybrd and they said i would probally blow up the battery stopping too much

so that is out of the question as well [/QUOTE]

Lol.

[quote name='slidecage']take your car and STOP AND GO for 89 miles a day every few seconds and then see what your gas millage is

Yes if i just drove to say a job in the factory my car would probally get 22 MPG

other people who work for the paper have up to a 1999 car and still get less then 15 MPG most are ranging around around 10 to 13 miles a gallon no matter what you drive,.[/QUOTE]

You solved your own problem. If you don't like it find a new job.

[quote name='slidecage']take your car and STOP AND GO for 89 miles a day every few seconds and then see what your gas millage is[/quote]

A hybrid would be ideal for your circumstances, unforntuately I know how expensive they are

[quote name='camoor']:rofl:

Yeah those darn enviornmentalists are a big part of why gas costs so much. They have so much power - why do the big oil companies and the current Bush admin kowtow to their interests all the time?[/QUOTE]

We really can't answer that. Who knows what we could pull out of ANWR and how much it would help, but it might disturb a little bit of the 19,049,236 acres so its a no go.

We all know that the oil companies are in it for the money, but there are somethings that could be done to help the problem that are being blocked from all areas.

Gas was $3.08 here Monday on the way to school, and today it was $3.14. I doubt it will randomly jump a whole $.84, but I'd expect it to go up still.

I remember when $12 would fill my car up...

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Just get a new fucking job, slidecage. I seriously doubt you're making more money than a retail job considering the gas mileage.[/QUOTE]

I've got the same job and I make about $1800 a month with tips (though subtract gas and insurance I probably make around $1200 a month). Not bad money for maybe 70 hours of work a month

Gas jumped another 4-cents by me today. At this rate I may need to stop lighting imported cigarettes with $10 bills and drinking top shelf cognac, as has been my custom.

[quote name='fart_bubble']I've got the same job and I make about $1800 a month with tips (though subtract gas and insurance I probably make around $1200 a month). Not bad money for maybe 70 hours of work a month[/QUOTE]

man you must be getting paid more.... do you know what your pay per paper is. Here it ranges from around 15 cents per paper profit

including the route i got now

70.9 miles per day say car gets 10 miles per gallon 7.09 gallons per day x 3.50 = 24.82

x 12 days in pay cycle = 297.78 OUCH

Pay per 12 day cycle around 750 - 300 gas = 450 profit every 2 weeks ?

5 hours per day x 12 days 60 hours / 750 or 450 = 12.50 per hour or 7.50 and figure in insurance

OUCH 6,25 per hour...... I guess i could get a job anywhere making this cash. I coulc of swear i was making a better profit

before today

50.1 miles per gallon x 5 gallons per day x 3.50 per gallon ==== 17.50 per day in gas
x12 days 210 in gas

pay per 12 day cycle was 580 - 210 for gas = 370 / 36 hours ===10.27 per hour

so it seems if i keep the route i picked up today i will move up from 10.27 per hour to 12.50 per hour.

though it means increasing my work time from 3 hours per day to close to 5 hours per day.

right now im the 2nd longest carrier for the paper. 12 years doing this job, most people have quit and i will probally quit if gas does hit 4 bucks and stays there

The total BS is we are getting paid the same rate now when gas was 1.50

This morning here in good old metro detroit michigan, gas was $3.35, up $.10 from yesterday, but $.26 overall from just a week ago. Luckily my college and work place are less than 4 miles from my house, but what am I gonna do when I plan on transferring to a university next year if it stays like this?

I suppose the lack of basically any mass transit in Michigan doesn't help things either (DAMN YOU HENRY FORD AND YOUR VISION OF MICHIGAN AS AN AUTOMOBILE ONLY STATE).

[quote name='slidecage']man you must be getting paid more.... do you know what your pay per paper is. Here it ranges from around 15 cents per paper profit

including the route i got now

70.9 miles per day say car gets 10 miles per gallon 7.09 gallons per day x 3.50 = 24.82

x 12 days in pay cycle = 297.78 OUCH

Pay per 12 day cycle around 750 - 300 gas = 450 profit every 2 weeks ?

5 hours per day x 12 days 60 hours / 750 or 450 = 12.50 per hour or 7.50 and figure in insurance

OUCH 6,25 per hour...... I guess i could get a job anywhere making this cash. I coulc of swear i was making a better profit

before today

50.1 miles per gallon x 5 gallons per day x 3.50 per gallon ==== 17.50 per day in gas
x12 days 210 in gas

pay per 12 day cycle was 580 - 210 for gas = 370 / 36 hours ===10.27 per hour

so it seems if i keep the route i picked up today i will move up from 10.27 per hour to 12.50 per hour.

though it means increasing my work time from 3 hours per day to close to 5 hours per day.

right now im the 2nd longest carrier for the paper. 12 years doing this job, most people have quit and i will probally quit if gas does hit 4 bucks and stays there

The total BS is we are getting paid the same rate now when gas was 1.50[/QUOTE]

I get on average 16 cents a paper on Mon-Sat and 20 cents on Sunday. I also deliever 370 - 405 something papers a day (yesterday was at 382)

[quote name='Scobie']Gas jumped another 4-cents by me today. At this rate I may need to stop lighting imported cigarettes with $10 bills and drinking top shelf cognac, as has been my custom.[/QUOTE]

It's not easy to break habits like that.

its 3.35 for regular here in the bronx (at least my neck of the woods) near my school (suburbs) its about $3.49 for regular, ive also seen $3.54....it may be inevitable, but i hope it doesnt happen for a long time :(

it really blows since with the new job and internship, i need to fill up about every week, scion xB costs me about $30~ to fill up from empty (with the light on ) :)...internship should be done 1st or 2nd week of april.

i make $11/hr at my job btw

Glad I filled up last weekend before the shitstorm hit. Though I filled up at $3.19 when the week before it was $2.99. :cry: I don't even want to know what it is now.

$3.49 out here now, a good 15 cent jump yesterday. I hit my usual gas purveyor, though, and he was still at his usual, wonderful 10 to 15 cents lower than the local average. Toss in his standard sale on Sunday through Tuesday of 5 cents off each gallon of Ultimate and he's just beating the pants off of every other station around him.

Oh well. We're back up to mid-summer prices around here now and we're not even close to summer as of yet. I'm guessing we're going to easily hit around $4.50 a gallon out here by July given the taxes and trends over the past few years.

[quote name='tholly']I paid $3.44 a gallon today in Malvern, PA (King of Prussia / Philadelphia area)[/quote]

Damn, I paid $3.11 last night just across the DE border maybe 1 hour away from King of Prussia.

It's going way up now so they can gradually bring it back down between, oh, August and November 4th.

I love how so many will defend this on the grounds of sustaining capitalism over government intervention. I heard a local Rush-wannabe asshole this morning actually say that those of us who want any sort of price control might as well take down the stars and stripes and put up a big red flag with a hammer and sickle. And the angry and the geriatric by and large eat this shit up.

People can only cut back so far in terms of daily and monthly expenses. It's going to wreck the economy sooner than later on its current trajectory. Yes, I'm a doomsayer in a tinfoil hat, Dittoheads. Quoth Tom Petty: "You believe what you wanna believe."

[quote name='mary_at_gamefunk']I'm seriously considering going Bio. There's a company here in Los Angeles that will convert your diesel engine for only $700.[/QUOTE]

sounds like a start for a new resident evil movie LOL

bread's done
Back