Gas prices, seriously, give me a break.

darkje

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
You can't turn on the television or read the news nowadays without hearing bitching about gas prices. Ranging from ridiculous arguments to infuriated people.

Well, I've had enough of it, people need to realize they are causing their own problems and they are ignorant.

Here are some arguments :

* Gas is around 1.20 euro per liter in europe, which is amost $6 a gallon (depending on the conversion of euro -> usd). However have you heard any big complaints from europe?

* People are buying the biggest, gas guzzling vehicles they possibly can. Suvs, Trucks, minivans, 4x4, you name it. Don't you check the miles per gallon before you buy a vehicle?

* Ride a bike or walk! People in my family take a car to drive down the street to the store, how stupid is that?

I just needed to get that off my chest after seeing one more of those news reports about high gas prices.

thanks for reading.

[quote name='darkje']You can't turn on the television or read the news nowadays without hearing bitching about gas prices. Ranging from ridiculous arguments to infuriated people.

Well, I've had enough of it, people need to realize they are causing their own problems and they are ignorant.

Here are some arguments :

* Gas is around 1.20 euro per liter in europe, which is amost $6 a gallon (depending on the conversion of euro -> usd). However have you heard any big complaints from europe?

* People are buying the biggest, gas guzzling vehicles they possibly can. Suvs, Trucks, minivans, 4x4, you name it. Don't you check the miles per gallon before you buy a vehicle?

* Ride a bike or walk! People in my family take a car to drive down the street to the store, how stupid is that?

I just needed to get that off my chest after seeing one more of those news reports about high gas prices.

thanks for reading.[/quote]

You make some very good points but some people live farther away from stores and whatnot so walking or riding a bike isn't an option, i'm sure in some cities this isn't an issue but in some it is.

Yes people who buy trucks and suv's should have already understand that its gonna cost more for gas than an economical car. I drive an SUV and gas prices really dont bother me, although it kinda sucks to pay $7 more for gas, when there is no real reason why gas prices decided to go up.. Also Europe is much different in a lot of aspects than the United States is.

But liek i said you made some good points.

If you own an SUV, you should be working on a farm or off-roading in the Sierras.

I saw this short fat ugly mom laughing about how she loved her SUV because it made her feel good that she could be "big and tall" for a few hours a day while she drove around the highway, and that the high gas prices were "unfair" to SUV drivers.

Where is my "No Fat Chicks" shirt when I need it...

we should just use some of our emergency oil supply, and sell it to the people, and then the gov buy the amount sold back when the prices get lower.

[quote name='camoor']If you own an SUV, you should be working on a farm or off-roading in the Sierras.

I saw this short fat ugly mom laughing about how she loved her SUV because it made her feel good that she could be "big and tall" for a few hours a day while she drove around the highway, and that the high gas prices were "unfair" to SUV drivers.

Where is my "No Fat Chicks" shirt when I need it...[/quote]

When she's driving her SUV she feels large and in charge.

Oh man don't even get me started on SUVs, especially on women and SUVs.

Camoor hit it right on the nail with the "big and tall" feeling. I live in a large suburb (there are no farms or off-road terrain), and I swear SUVs are owned by 75% of the city's drivers. Here, it's a status symbol. People who can (and can't!) afford them drive them around thinking they are so much better than everyone. You can tell by how they drive (tail-gating, cutting off on the highway, horrible parking jobs).

Granted, sedan owners can and are guilty of the same things. But the thing is you hear people (most often the women) talking in stores and what not about how big they feel on the road, how they feel they have more control on the road because they are physically higher, and that highness translates to owning the road.

But back to gas prices, SUV owners are the last ones to complain about how much they spend on gas. They don't need SUV's in a city or a suburb! Hell, even in some rural areas they aren't necessary. When you are using it for what it's meant for (hauling large loads, driving off-road, just like in the commercials) then by all means drive an SUV. But whenever I see these big-ass SUV's (with all the leaf guards, mud guards, etc.) I just have to roll my eyes.

I'm all for higher gas prices. It won't affect my budget for my honda accord all that much, but it will hurt those SUV drivers who live in the suburbs commutting 30+ miles to work everyday. It'll especially hurt those red states with sparse populations meaning they have to drive for awhile to get anywhere.

I say let it go to $3 a gallon like they're predicting. Sure it'll hurt the economy, but I have no money in stocks (except 401k) and I work for the defense industry so my job is safe. :) Maybe then America will get serious about some R&D in alternative fuels.

"Turn on those spiggots", eh? :^o

[quote name='E-Z-B']I'm all for higher gas prices. It won't affect my budget for my honda accord all that much, but it will hurt those SUV drivers who live in the suburbs commutting 30+ miles to work everyday. It'll especially hurt those red states with sparse populations meaning they have to drive for awhile to get anywhere.

I say let it go to $3 a gallon like they're predicting. Sure it'll hurt the economy, but I have no money in stocks (except 401k) and I work for the defense industry so my job is safe. :) Maybe then America will get serious about some R&D in alternative fuels.

"Turn on those spiggots", eh? :^o[/quote]

if oil goes up everything goes up. your groceries will, airline tickets, stamps, ups, you name it. any company that relies on oil to receive and send out products will have to pay more to ship and they will pass that onto you.

I want to stick it to the SUV owners too, and i do agree that the high prices are making us look for alternative sources of energy, but in the end the high gas prices will effect your wallet too.

I just wish that they wouldn't predict gas prices on the news. When they do I wonder if gas companies say "Well they predicted gas would raise to $X.XX on the news, so we can raise it to that price."

You're very naieve to say "I don't own stocks, I just have a 401k." What do you think those growth instruments in your your 401K are? Sealed copies of Suikoden II and Panzer Dragoon Saga?

You have no idea how many stocks may make up the diversification in your 401K. You may have funds that are heavily invested in Exxon, BP, Armoco and even GASP HALLIBURTON! Then you may have others that are reliant on energy prices like ADM, Union Pacific or Norfolk Western. Even Wal Mart stock is going to be heavily dependent on oil prices. Sure, they're buying rates are fixed with Proctor and Gamble, Tyson, Gillete et al, but their shipping rates are not.
If they're forced to keep prices the same while paying for increased in store delivery costs their margins go down, that happens, their stock goes down and potentially your 401K.

Your statement is so indicitive of how financial education in this country is completely lacking. I'm not bashing you or flaming you but you really don't even understand how your own investments are structured or work.

Another advantage for me if gas prices jump up even more is if it'll speed up the housing market bust. As of now, I'm priced out of the market since I don't own a home yet. It's too hard for me to buy a single family home. There's sooo many people barely getting by on their mortgage payments on a $400k+ house as it is. Maybe then, house prices will fall back to reasonable levels.

Other than that, I'm prepared to spend a little more on my groceries. When you live frugal as I do, things like this don't hit you as hard.

[quote name='E-Z-B']I'm all for higher gas prices. It won't affect my budget for my honda accord all that much, but it will hurt those SUV drivers who live in the suburbs commutting 30+ miles to work everyday. It'll especially hurt those red states with sparse populations meaning they have to drive for awhile to get anywhere.

Ok I dont understand why everyone has this vendetta against truck and SUV drivers. People usually by an automobile because they like it. My SUV is a 98 explorer which isn't big... actually its the size of sedan...gets the same gas milage as a sedan. I can see the argument going for people who drive a hummer (thats a bit over kill.)

Also another argument can be made that you own a Honda, which is a foreign made vehicle... which further takes away from the U.S. economy. If people living in the suburbs dont need a SUV then why do you as an american need a foreign made car? Two totally different things i know but they work for this argument.

If you enjoy paying more for things that should cost less than thats your opinion. I for one don't make a lot of money and its nice to not have to pay more $$ for something when it shouldn't cost as much as it does. Do you like having expendible income or do you like just throwing your money away?

Not trying to flame, just throwing in my two cents.

If gas prices went up enough people would use less gas, and probably buy less suvs (I don't they'd be as popular with $4 a gallon gas). Personally, due to the likely indirect environmental benefits, I wish gas was higher.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Another advantage for me if gas prices jump up even more is if it'll speed up the housing market bust. As of now, I'm priced out of the market since I don't own a home yet. It's too hard for me to buy a single family home. There's sooo many people barely getting by on their mortgage payments on a $400k+ house as it is. Maybe then, house prices will fall back to reasonable levels.

Other than that, I'm prepared to spend a little more on my groceries. When you live frugal as I do, things like this don't hit you as hard.[/quote]

Wow, how sensitive and caring you are. Screw the economy and the rise in the consumer price index. As long as you benefit, fuck everyone else.

Now, how does this make you different from capitalists you bitch about so much?

[quote name='onetrackmind'][quote name='E-Z-B']I'm all for higher gas prices. It won't affect my budget for my honda accord all that much, but it will hurt those SUV drivers who live in the suburbs commutting 30+ miles to work everyday. It'll especially hurt those red states with sparse populations meaning they have to drive for awhile to get anywhere.

Ok I dont understand why everyone has this vendetta against truck and SUV drivers. People usually by an automobile because they like it. My SUV is a 98 explorer which isn't big... actually its the size of sedan...gets the same gas milage as a sedan. I can see the argument going for people who drive a hummer (thats a bit over kill.)

Also another argument can be made that you own a Honda, which is a foreign made vehicle... which further takes away from the U.S. economy. If people living in the suburbs dont need a SUV then why do you as an american need a foreign made car? Two totally different things i know but they work for this argument.

If you enjoy paying more for things that should cost less than thats your opinion. I for one don't make a lot of money and its nice to not have to pay more $$ for something when it shouldn't cost as much as it does. Do you like having expendible income or do you like just throwing your money away?

Not trying to flame, just throwing in my two cents.[/quote]

Actually, the hondas are assembled in the U.S. It's cheaper doing that than to ship them.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark'][quote name='E-Z-B']Another advantage for me if gas prices jump up even more is if it'll speed up the housing market bust. As of now, I'm priced out of the market since I don't own a home yet. It's too hard for me to buy a single family home. There's sooo many people barely getting by on their mortgage payments on a $400k+ house as it is. Maybe then, house prices will fall back to reasonable levels.

Other than that, I'm prepared to spend a little more on my groceries. When you live frugal as I do, things like this don't hit you as hard.[/quote]

Wow, how sensitive and caring you are. Screw the economy and the rise in the consumer price index. As long as you benefit, shaq-fu everyone else.
[/quote]

That's funny coming from a Republican.

[quote name='E-Z-B'][quote name='onetrackmind'][quote name='E-Z-B']I'm all for higher gas prices. It won't affect my budget for my honda accord all that much, but it will hurt those SUV drivers who live in the suburbs commutting 30+ miles to work everyday. It'll especially hurt those red states with sparse populations meaning they have to drive for awhile to get anywhere.

Actually, the hondas are assembled in the U.S. It's cheaper doing that than to ship them.[/quote]

Where is Honda located? Not in the US... i dont care where something is made, that money still goes overseas to a foreign competetor. Do you even have a clue the kind of strong hold countries like Japan have on our economy? Do you realize if Japan wanted to they could single handly destroy our economy because we rely so heavily on them? Do you also realize that countries like Japan allow only a certain number of US products into there country and also tax them so heavily that people in their country will not buy them but we have absolutely no regulation at all for that type of thing in our country. I wonder if you'd still be loving the fact you bought a honda if your job was gone due to someone else overseas taking it... or maybe if a japanese corporation bought out the company you work for and their competetors and you were forced to work for less and have less benefits due to the fact that all your competetors are owned by the same person.

The problems facing the viability of "alternative" energy sources for vehicles are myriad, but here are a couple of the big ones:

1. Many will not work with the current platforms that all automakers use. Many of them would require a complete rebuild of the vehicle's powertrain... current estimates suggest these cars would cost at least twice as much, and last half as long as current production models.

2. No infrastucture exists for refueling these vehicles, and retrofitting the current infrastructure of gas stations of this type of functionality would be an expensive and time consuming endeavor.

I really think than any alternate fuel source is going to be at least 20 years off, if not longer.

Of course, if gas ends up getting that expensive, I have a feeling scientist will look into converting oil shale into a useable form... then you'll see Canada making more money than the Middle east :)

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']You're very naieve to say "I don't own stocks, I just have a 401k." What do you think those growth instruments in your your 401K are? Sealed copies of Suikoden II and Panzer Dragoon Saga?[/quote]

Sigged!
:rofl:

[quote name='E-Z-B'][quote name='PittsburghAfterDark'][quote name='E-Z-B']Another advantage for me if gas prices jump up even more is if it'll speed up the housing market bust. As of now, I'm priced out of the market since I don't own a home yet. It's too hard for me to buy a single family home. There's sooo many people barely getting by on their mortgage payments on a $400k+ house as it is. Maybe then, house prices will fall back to reasonable levels.

Wow, how sensitive and caring you are. Screw the economy and the rise in the consumer price index. As long as you benefit, shaq-fu everyone else.
[/quote]

That's funny coming from a Republican.[/quote]

What, that you're being a greedy asshole with no regard for anyone else?

[quote name='onetrackmind'][quote name='E-Z-B'][quote name='onetrackmind'][quote name='E-Z-B']I'm all for higher gas prices. It won't affect my budget for my honda accord all that much, but it will hurt those SUV drivers who live in the suburbs commutting 30+ miles to work everyday. It'll especially hurt those red states with sparse populations meaning they have to drive for awhile to get anywhere.

Actually, the hondas are assembled in the U.S. It's cheaper doing that than to ship them.[/quote]

Where is Honda located? Not in the US... i dont care where something is made, that money still goes overseas to a foreign competetor. Do you even have a clue the kind of strong hold countries like Japan have on our economy? Do you realize if Japan wanted to they could single handly destroy our economy because we rely so heavily on them? Do you also realize that countries like Japan allow only a certain number of US products into there country and also tax them so heavily that people in their country will not buy them but we have absolutely no regulation at all for that type of thing in our country. I wonder if you'd still be loving the fact you bought a honda if your job was gone due to someone else overseas taking it... or maybe if a japanese corporation bought out the company you work for and their competetors and you were forced to work for less and have less benefits due to the fact that all your competetors are owned by the same person.[/quote]

So let me get this straight - you've never shop in a wal-mart, have you? You've never bought any of their cheap, chinese crap from them that has cost American workers their jobs? If you have, then you're just being another hypocrit.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark'][quote name='E-Z-B'][quote name='PittsburghAfterDark'][quote name='E-Z-B']Another advantage for me if gas prices jump up even more is if it'll speed up the housing market bust. As of now, I'm priced out of the market since I don't own a home yet. It's too hard for me to buy a single family home. There's sooo many people barely getting by on their mortgage payments on a $400k+ house as it is. Maybe then, house prices will fall back to reasonable levels.

[/quote]

That's funny coming from a Republican.[/quote]

What, that you're being a greedy asshole with no regard for anyone else?[/quote]

And so the typical Republican argument starts (name-calling, that is). Was this on JSweeney's thread?

PAD shows, yet again, how short-sighted he is. That he can't see that through hardships like this can come some of the greatest innovations to society. He thinks my primary goal is to benefit from a ruined economy. I may play PAD because I enjoy it, but my primary concern is society in general, which is why I'm a democrat. It's NOT me. Remember the last time the middle east put a squeeze on oil to the U.S.? You too, onetrackmind. The japanese saved America with the introduction of compact cars. I have NO faith in American innovation. I believe that, once again, either the Japanese or the Germans will bail us out again. Hell, American auto manufacturers still can't even build a reliable car yet.

We will be saved from the mercy of the middle east, but our salvation will not come from corporate america.

See EZB, that's why you are and always be wrong.

You expressly stated you hoped for higher gas prices to be the economic cause that bursts the housing bubble in your region/area. You flat out hoped for what could be damaging economic news for your benefit. You can't even deny it. You just try to throw dispersions my way. OMG you're a Republican! No shit, you think anyone here wasn't aware of that?

Your goal was to benefit, not from a failed economy, but a troubled aspect of it. You wanted economic conditions to cause hardship for your benefit. You stated it, then you ran away from it as soon as someone called you on it and blamed the person that called you on it from being a bad messenger.

It's good to know you have "NO faith in American innovation". What the hell do you think drives the economy here and in the world? What do you think created the transportations networks; rail, interstate, air and shipping, that allow the free flow of trade. American innovation. What do you think created the industrial age on this continent and made us far less dependent on agriculture professions than our competitors for 150 years while still feeding the world? What country invented the light bulb, automotive mass production, mass worldwide electronic and satellite communication, flight, nuclear power, computing for the masses, entertainment for the world?

Yet you have "NO faith in American innovation"? You think the Germans or Japanese will bail us out again? My friend, they could care less if we live or die. We go on being the greatest power this world has ever known and you don't even realize the gifts beneath your feet and basically say we suck as a country and you need misfortune to succeed.

You are so typical a liberal as to not even realize it. You're also the symptom as to why your party is dead in the water politically and stagnating like rotten swamp water that does nothing but cause disease, death and misery from the pests it produces. You're also so damn stupid that instead of insinuating America sucks you pretty much just said it on your own confirming more stereotypes about yourself than I could put in 100 posts.

Thank you.

[quote name='E-Z-B']
So let me get this straight - you've never shop in a wal-mart, have you? You've never bought any of their cheap, chinese crap from them that has cost American workers their jobs? If you have, then you're just being another hypocrit. [/quote]

Actually no i've never bought anything at Walmart my entire life. If i can buy something made in the US over something made overseas, even if it cost me more money i'll still buy the made in us product.

Another thing you fail to realize is i a major purchase like a car (were tlaking thousands of dollars) is much more detramental than something cost 99 cents but its all relevent.

SO to anser your question... no i'm not a hypocrit. Just out of curosity are you one of those people who drive a foreign car with a "i support america", or "god bless america" stickers on there car?

[quote name='onetrackmind'][quote name='E-Z-B']
So let me get this straight - you've never shop in a wal-mart, have you? You've never bought any of their cheap, chinese crap from them that has cost American workers their jobs? If you have, then you're just being another hypocrit. [/quote]

Actually no i've never bought anything at Walmart my entire life. If i can buy something made in the US over something made overseas, even if it cost me more money i'll still buy the made in us product.

Another thing you fail to realize is i a major purchase like a car (were tlaking thousands of dollars) is much more detramental than something cost 99 cents but its all relevent.

SO to anser your question... no i'm not a hypocrit. Just out of curosity are you one of those people who drive a foreign car with a "i support america", or "god bless america" stickers on there car?[/quote]

If you've never bought anything at Wal-Mart, then I applaud you. I wish everyone would follow your lead.

And no, I don't display those stupid car magnets. I already know they're all made in China.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']See EZB, that's why you are and always be wrong.

You expressly stated you hoped for higher gas prices to be the economic cause that bursts the housing bubble in your region/area. You flat out hoped for what could be damaging economic news for your benefit. You can't even deny it. You just try to throw dispersions my way. OMG you're a Republican! No shit, you think anyone here wasn't aware of that?

Your goal was to benefit, not from a failed economy, but a troubled aspect of it. You wanted economic conditions to cause hardship for your benefit. You stated it, then you ran away from it as soon as someone called you on it and blamed the person that called you on it from being a bad messenger.

It's good to know you have "NO faith in American innovation". What the hell do you think drives the economy here and in the world? What do you think created the transportations networks; rail, interstate, air and shipping, that allow the free flow of trade. American innovation. What do you think created the industrial age on this continent and made us far less dependent on agriculture professions than our competitors for 150 years while still feeding the world? What country invented the light bulb, automotive mass production, mass worldwide electronic and satellite communication, flight, nuclear power, computing for the masses, entertainment for the world?

Yet you have "NO faith in American innovation"? You think the Germans or Japanese will bail us out again? My friend, they could care less if we live or die. We go on being the greatest power this world has ever known and you don't even realize the gifts beneath your feet and basically say we suck as a country and you need misfortune to succeed.

You are so typical a liberal as to not even realize it. You're also the symptom as to why your party is dead in the water politically and stagnating like rotten swamp water that does nothing but cause disease, death and misery from the pests it produces. You're also so damn stupid that instead of insinuating America sucks you pretty much just said it on your own confirming more stereotypes about yourself than I could put in 100 posts.

Thank you.[/quote]

I have no faith in American innovation when it cames to energy policy and automobiles. Of course I realize that we're responsible for the train, computers, space, etc. But NOT in terms of automobiles and energy. THe Germans and Japanese will bail us out because they'll be able to profit since America can't fix it's own energy problems. If America can't do that, then I'm glad someone can. Just like in the 70s.

You might be piissed the econony will hurt you and your family, but, yes, I'm glad it may help me. I'm an optimist and see the light in everything, including not only my situation, but the direction America will need to take to become self-reliant. Maybe people will start to wake up, see the loser government currently in place, and finally switch from the Michael Jackson trial to what our own government is doing (or not doing) for our country.

As much as I disagree with e-z-b's "I have faith that everything will work out in the end" thinking as foolish, nevertheless PAD's response still disgusts me.

Way to show your maturity. You get an argument handed to you and you still blow it.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']As much as I disagree with e-z-b's "I have faith that everything will work out in the end" thinking as foolish, nevertheless PAD's response still disgusts me.

Way to show your maturity. You get an argument handed to you and you still blow it.[/quote]

I cannot believe the bile and hatred spewing from PAD's post.
It's amazing how often this seems to happen, though.
People get thier argument dropped in thier lap for them, a "silver bullet" that will utterly destroy the other person's agument, but then just absolutely blow it because of thier own short-sightedness or hatred.

What, I should put my arms out and embrace America hating swill like EZB and ask him to sing Kumbaya with me? Hey, it's his ilk that is the death of the opposition party in this country rendering them politically impotent. Don't blame me for bile and hatred, I'm pointing out reality. This blame America attitude is what's killing any effective opposition to the current leadership. It's also what makes political arguments so bitter and compromise impossible.

There is no historical trend going back to the creation of this Republic that doesn't show whatever problem we need to overcome; whether technically, economicall or energy related we overcome. However when someone claims they have no faith in American innovation? Yeah, they've choked on their own hatred and bile.

Despite what any of you may think this country is as not so far gone as to be doomed because of energy policy or lack thereof. If it is a market position or solution will come to fruition and correct it. It's that simple.

Bile and hatred JSweeney? That's left to the other side. They spent $1 billion on hatred last year and it got them nothing. In fact it got them less than nothing, their position was weakened in every branch and house of the federal government. I say America doesn't suck and I'm the one that's out there as a hate monger?

Talk to the hand.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']

Bile and hatred JSweeney? That's left to the other side. They spent $1 billion on hatred last year and it got them nothing. In fact it got them less than nothing, their position was weakened in every branch and house of the federal government. I say America doesn't suck and I'm the one that's out there as a hate monger?

Talk to the hand.[/quote]

you are a fool if you think that good old GOP "postitive attitude" and "happy thoughts" strengthened the GOP nationally. It was Fear, fear ,fear and some slimy redistricting in Texas. Funny, the exact gain is the house was the exact gain in seats from Texas....hmm. Powerful platform there.

plus you are ignoring the inroads the dems made at the state and local levels. So go ahead, keep saying we are dead.

talk to the hand indeed.

as for innovation. I would be nice if he had a president who was actually interested in research and science and was willing to put forth a bold effort for that innovation and -now pay attention- fund it in lieu of tax breaks for the rich!! 'Cause you know , PaD. Those innovations you cited came with some great big help from the Federal Government. But I guess it is easier to strut around and put your hand up.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']What, I should put my arms out and embrace America hating swill like EZB and ask him to sing Kumbaya with me? Hey, it's his ilk that is the death of the opposition party in this country rendering them politically impotent. Don't blame me for bile and hatred, I'm pointing out reality. This blame America attitude is what's killing any effective opposition to the current leadership. It's also what makes political arguments so bitter and compromise impossible.

There is no historical trend going back to the creation of this Republic that doesn't show whatever problem we need to overcome; whether technically, economicall or energy related we overcome. However when someone claims they have no faith in American innovation? Yeah, they've choked on their own hatred and bile.

Despite what any of you may think this country is as not so far gone as to be doomed because of energy policy or lack thereof. If it is a market position or solution will come to fruition and correct it. It's that simple.

Talk to the hand.[/quote]

That you think "bile and hatred" is only a trait of the left wing shows a disconnect with reality. Also you seem to have difficulty in comprehending that there is a middle ground between hate spewing and singing kumbaya.

You're right, slimy redistricting really resulted in Senate gains, what with the two senators per state thing.

Ask Tom Daschle how that whole obstructionist, blame America thing he did in Washington worked out.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']You're right, slimy redistricting really resulted in Senate gains, what with the two senators per state thing.

Ask Tom Daschle how that whole obstructionist, blame America thing he did in Washington worked out.[/quote]

yeah that is the only thing I mentioned... :roll:

right on script about Dashle. You're pathetic. You don't take time to find out about things..you just spew the talking points.

'Dashle=bad cause Hugh Hewitt told me..ug.'

FIY- save the impending "short-bus" comment. You need some new material.

I drive an 89 Cutlass Sierra, and I have to drive an hour each way to work. I don't work with anybody who lives even remotely close to me, so I can't carpool. Public transportation doesn't go anywhere close to my job either, so no Train or Bus.

So I'm getting screwed and there's nothing I can do about it. What would you suggest to me? Learn to hanglide?

[quote name='Msut77']PAD has that curious mix of both idiocy and arrogance all to common among right wingers.[/quote]

Drive by insult with no original thought or contradiction of any point?

Welcome Air America callers.

Bile and hatred JSweeney? That's left to the other side.
I'm not talking Right and Left here, or Liberal or Conservative.
I'm talking about you and EZB having an argument.
You basically were handed a gun with a silver bullet locked and loaded and ready to destroy his argument.
Despite the strength of the lead-in you were given, you managed to blow it and come off like an ass.

They spent $1 billion on hatred last year and it got them nothing.
They is a dangerous word. Dangerous people use it to enable terrible things, and in the name of stoping this ethereal "they/them" existing just beyond current preception.
People starting talking and rallying against "them" so much that they forget to step away from thier own biases and see what is really going on.

In fact it got them less than nothing, their position was weakened in every branch and house of the federal government. I say America doesn't suck and I'm the one that's out there as a hate monger?

Because the sins of the many never excuse the sins of the few.
Just because the other side may or may not have done something wrong does not forgive you saying decidedly hateful things about other individuals.

Talk to the hand.

In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it - thou art a fool.
-Lord Chesterfield

Drive by insult with no original thought or contratiction of any point?

What is a contratiction?

BTW as for your billion dollar comment the right spends at least that probably more, has been for years.

Like I said arrogance and idiocy.

Here you go, PAD. This will cheer you up:

dubya-budget-massacre.jpg

Yeah, that's just super.

Tell you what, come back when you can tell me the percentage of our $2.2 trillion federal budget is mandated by law and we can't do a damn thing about it.

Then you can start preaching to me about how bad Bush sucks mmmkay?

In the meantime since you like to use images and talking points from fringe left wing kook sites I'll feel free to start posting quotes and cartoons from Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Michael Savage's web sites to tell you how bad Democrats suck. What, did your hockey helmet fall off?

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']In the meantime since you like to use images and talking points from fringe left wing kook sites I'll feel free to start posting quotes and cartoons from Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Michael Savage's web sites to tell you how bad Democrats suck. What, did your hockey helmet fall off?[/quote]

That's smart. Fight radicalism with radicalism. Because that's worked so well in Iraq.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Oh, so it really was the 1920's then?[/quote]

:lol: WTF. I made a mistake. In another thread. At least move this side discussion there, cmon dude don't crap all over two threads.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']
That's smart. Fight radicalism with radicalism. Because that's worked so well in Iraq.

Hey camoor, what decade did the Great Depression take place in again?

WTF. I made a mistake. In another thread. At least move this side discussion there, cmon dude don't crap all over two threads.

Me thinks pad just wanted a diversion.[/quote]

Look over there!!
:rofl:

bread's done
Back