Gatling Gears (XBLA) - 400 MSP (Gold Only)

Thanks for posting this. I didn't even know what the game was until I looked it up on youtube. After I saw it was a dual stick shooter. I bought it asap.

There's actually an official thread for XBLA sales where this has been discussed. Also, it's normally 800 msp, not 1200. It launched at 1200 but dropped in price a little while ago.

[quote name='louiedog']There's actually an official thread for XBLA sales where this has been discussed. Also, it's normally 800 msp, not 1200. It launched at 1200 but dropped in price a little while ago.[/QUOTE]

This deserved its own thread, since not everyone reads the last few pages of discussion in that thread on a regular basis.

Thanks, OP!

Man this thing is dropping like a rock. Might wait another price drop/sale for this one. 400msp/200msp seems to be where this is heading by year's end.

[quote name='Camwi']This deserved its own thread, since not everyone reads the last few pages of discussion in that thread on a regular basis.

Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

I have no problem with this getting its own thread, but everyone with a 360 should follow reddjoey's post :D

[quote name='Camwi']This deserved its own thread, since not everyone reads the last few pages of discussion in that thread on a regular basis.[/QUOTE]

They need only read the first post to see the sale. Reddjoey does a really good job of consolidating all the import info in one place.

Picked this up without a second thought. A game released in May at fifteen bucks, now permanently five bucks? MS and publishers should do more of this, instead of looking at a thousand people a month buying their fifteen dollar game.

[quote name='Thrinn']They need only read the first post to see the sale. Reddjoey does a really good job of consolidating all the import info in one place.[/QUOTE]

Well, it wasn't in the OP of that thread at the time that this thread was posted. But I do see your point.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Man this thing is dropping like a rock. Might wait another price drop/sale for this one. 400msp/200msp seems to be where this is heading by year's end.[/QUOTE]

This is why I love CAG. We are forever hopeful for a cheaper price :)

For $5, it's an easy buy. Not a stellar game, but good mechanics and it's really long. Lots of stages and decent replayability. Hard to find fault at that price.

[quote name='Thrinn']They need only read the first post to see the sale. Reddjoey does a really good job of consolidating all the import info in one place.[/QUOTE]

That thread is completely unusable on my iphone 4, which is primarily how I browse CAG, so I appreciate the post here. Folks need to learn to not use white font color, as the mobile version of cag does not adjust the font from white and then places white text on white background.

quick review:
great co-op twin stick shooter, solid controls
the story makes negative sense
environments are varied, and slightly dynamic, but interaction is always 2d.
Upgrade system is fine, experience system is unfortunately cosmetic.
levels are bitesize
Much better in co-op than single player,

Great find! No brainer at this price

And I much prefer good deals given their own thread here - why not? I check the DEALS section of CAG and that's really it. The Xbox forum is buried behind too many clicks to be convenient

Edit: My mistake - I thought we were discussing the specific Xbox 360 forum (which is buried under Forums -> MS Gaming -> Xbox360) not reddjoey's weekly XBLA Deal thread (which should be stickied!!)... Anyway looking forward to the site redesign Cheapy! (or whoever mods this thing)

[quote name='daminion']That thread is completely unusable on my iphone 4, which is primarily how I browse CAG, so I appreciate the post here. Folks need to learn to not use white font color, as the mobile version of cag does not adjust the font from white and then places white text on white background.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like you need a better phone, like a Droid.

This game is a no brainer for $5. My cousin and I have played through most of it and it's a lot of fun. I'm just pissed that I downloaded it last week when it was $10. :(

Picked it up before the sale ended. Figured it would be a nice game to play with my fiance between bouts of Castle Crashers and Rock Band 3.

Wow, I'm really late/early to this thread (will be back down to 400 tomorrow). I love the game but wanted to mention one caveat that it seems to have:

For those playing with the wife/kids: be aware that it seems to give a game over when either one of you lose all of your lives.

I could be mistaken on this, but the other day I was playing it with my son who prefers to crush the enemies with his feet more than his guns, next thing I know it gives a Game Over screen to us and I hadn't died once yet.

Other than that: great game and rather long as well with varied environments.

If true, that's a weird caveat and probably a deal killer for me. I'd like primarily to play this with my kids. Hmm. Can anyone verify that it behaves like that (games is over when one player runs out of lives?)

I can confirm that your game is over when one player runs out of lives on a local co-op match. I do enjoy the game none the less, worth the 400 pts.

bread's done
Back