Gatling paintball gun (six-barrel, 288-round-per-second) on Ebay

wow.

That was me asking about paintball. Thanks for the tip but I ended up buying two Tippman's.In the end I guess it didn't matter too much, I ended up hiding behind a barrel and shooting like crazy with my eyes closed :)

[quote name='joey12169']wow.

That was me asking about paintball. Thanks for the tip but I ended up buying two Tippman's.In the end I guess it didn't matter too much, I ended up hiding behind a barrel and shooting like crazy with my eyes closed :)[/quote]

The ol' Spray and Pray technique eh?

If this thing actually worked, I think you could close your eyes and paint a house with it. No way your siblings could escape.

[quote name='jdevlin7756']If this thing actually worked, I think you could close your eyes and paint a house with it. No way your siblings could escape.[/quote]

Yes, you'll notice I said "if this thing actually worked". That is 48 balls per second from 6 barrels. I don't think that paintballs would be able to handle to pressure at that speed. You'd end up with lots of paint up in your gun, I think.

[quote name='jdevlin7756'][quote name='jdevlin7756']If this thing actually worked, I think you could close your eyes and paint a house with it. No way your siblings could escape.[/quote]

Yes, you'll notice I said "if this thing actually worked". That is 48 balls per second from 6 barrels. I don't think that paintballs would be able to handle to pressure at that speed. You'd end up with lots of paint up in your gun, I think.[/quote]

Its 8 balls per second from 6 barrels giving you 48 balls per second... not 48 balls per barrel per second.. hell that'd be faster than true heavy machine weaponry.

edit - The M60 (mounted on tanks) has a fire rate of 600 rounds/min or 10 rounds per second. The M61A1 (the machine gun used on aircraft) fires at an astounding rate of 6600 rounds/min.. still only 110 rounds/sec. The fastest man-controlled machine gun was the MG42 with a rate of fire of 1200 rounds per minute or 20 rounds per second.

Somehow I find it hard to believe they managed to get compressed air to charge and fire that much faster than an explosive chamber.

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='jdevlin7756'][quote name='jdevlin7756']If this thing actually worked, I think you could close your eyes and paint a house with it. No way your siblings could escape.[/quote]

Yes, you'll notice I said "if this thing actually worked". That is 48 balls per second from 6 barrels. I don't think that paintballs would be able to handle to pressure at that speed. You'd end up with lots of paint up in your gun, I think.[/quote]

Its 8 balls per second from 6 barrels giving you 48 balls per second... not 48 balls per barrel per second.. hell that'd be faster than true heavy machine weaponry.[/quote]

The auction says "48 balls Per Second Per Barrel" so I think your wrong. With a good hopper you can get 22+ balls persecond.

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='jdevlin7756'][quote name='jdevlin7756']If this thing actually worked, I think you could close your eyes and paint a house with it. No way your siblings could escape.[/quote]

Its 8 balls per second from 6 barrels giving you 48 balls per second... not 48 balls per barrel per second.. hell that'd be faster than true heavy machine weaponry.[/quote]

The auction says "48 balls Per Second Per Barrel" so I think your wrong. With a good hopper you can get 22+ balls persecond. If the balls are all lined up (not in the normal hopper) and the balls are shot into the chamber by gas it is possiable

EDIT: Sorry about the double post

[quote name='hutno'][quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='jdevlin7756'][quote name='jdevlin7756']If this thing actually worked, I think you could close your eyes and paint a house with it. No way your siblings could escape.[/quote]

The auction says "48 balls Per Second Per Barrel" so I think your wrong. With a good hopper you can get 22+ balls persecond.[/quote]

Then that'd be what we in the business call.. A SCAM. There's no f'ing way a paintball gun shoots that fast.

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='hutno'][quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='jdevlin7756'][quote name='jdevlin7756']If this thing actually worked, I think you could close your eyes and paint a house with it. No way your siblings could escape.[/quote]

The auction says "48 balls Per Second Per Barrel" so I think your wrong. With a good hopper you can get 22+ balls persecond.[/quote]

Then that'd be what we in the business call.. A SCAM. There's no f'ing way a paintball gun shoots that fast.[/quote]

Cornfedwb, you seem to be an expert in just about everything... mace, machine guns.... you sure are amazing :roll: "we in the business" what the heck business are you in?

yup, i just fire like crazy, one of the ref's scared me one time and I took a couple of shots at him. He was kind of mad because it was actually "a couple of shots" not just one

[quote name='jdevlin7756'][quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='hutno'][quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='jdevlin7756'][quote name='jdevlin7756']If this thing actually worked, I think you could close your eyes and paint a house with it. No way your siblings could escape.[/quote]

Then that'd be what we in the business call.. A SCAM. There's no f'ing way a paintball gun shoots that fast.[/quote]

Cornfedwb, you seem to be an expert in just about everything... mace, machine guns.... you sure are amazing :roll: "we in the business" what the heck business are you in?[/quote]

Internet skepticism. :wink:

There's no way in hell that the gun could possibly function at the statistics given in this thread...it just defies physics. Not that internet posters don't do that every day...

48 balls a second is impossible. There is no loader/hopper made that would do that.
I would know, paintball is the other 50% of my life.
Low 20s is impressive in paintball, and thats for very short bursts.

bread's done
Back