Gatsby's Big Score (Massive CL find; bought a collection - *pics*)

Slim Gatsby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (97%)
2069040342_7344abb149_b.jpg

2069040424_80bfe5d87d_b.jpg

2068244513_b03a724862_b.jpg

2068244631_1435ed90e0_b.jpg

2069040722_37799a0243_b.jpg
2069040816_d2595021dc_b.jpg

2069040892_9e72b9aba8_b.jpg

2068244977_217fc1d8a3_b.jpg

2068245043_954300310a_b.jpg

2068245111_a4f4b3fbc8_b.jpg

2069041230_7bb9d3019b_b.jpg

2069041290_78a1f6785b_b.jpg

2063186415_00ea039ca9_o.jpg

I already posted about this in the CraigsList finds thread, but here are pictures! I paid $500 for this collection (so far, I've sold the Gamecube on Amazon for $60, leaving me with $40 profit after fees and shipping, so right now its $460). My initial estimation of its contents is:

Atari
1-2 consoles, many controllers
150-200 games

NES:
3 Consoles
300+ games, 20 complete
game genie
6 Import Famicom Games
Honeybee Import Converter

SNES:
console
Battle Clash
Bill Laimber's Combat Basketball
Bulls vs. Blazers and the NBA Playoffs
Chuck Rock (x2)
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest *SEALED & MINT*
Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball
George Foreman's KO Boxing
Gradius III
Jeopardy! Sports Edition
John Madden Football
Magic Sword
Mortal Kombat II
Mystical Ninja
NBA Hang Time
NBA Jam (x2)
NBA Jam Tournament Edition
NCAA Final Four Basketball
NHL '94
NHL Stanley Cup
Pilotwings
Radical Psycho Machine Racing
Shaq-Fu
Street Fighter II (x3)
Super Baseball Simulator 1,000
Super Game Boy
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Super Play Action Football
Super R.B.I. Baseball
Super NES Super Scope 6
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
The Lion King
Top Gear 2
Troy Aikman Football
WWF Raw
WWF Super Wrestlemania (x2)
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
game genie
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest Sealed

NEO GEO MULTI-VIDEO SYSTEM CARTRIDGES:
Blazing Star
Blue's Journey ("Raguy," Japanese)
Fatal Fury 2
Metal Slug X
NeoGeo Cup '98
Puzzle Bobble
Real Bout Fatal Fury
Wind Jammers

Sega Genesis:
1x Model 1
2x Model 2
2x Sega CD
62 Genesis games

SEGA CD GAMES (complete):
Cliffhanger
ESPN National Hockey Night
Iron Helix
Jurassic Park
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein / Bram Stoker's Dracula DOUBLE DEAL
Midnight Raiders
Road Avenger (disc only)
Slam City with Scotty Pippen
Star Wars: Rebel Assault
Third World War
Tomcat Alley

Sega Saturn:
Panzer Dragoon Zwei II (case and manual, no game)
Worldwide Soccer (complete)

PS1:
Battle Arena Toshinden (long case, no manual)
Rayman Braing Games (case only)
Um Jammer Lammy (complete)

Sega Dreamcast:
system x2
Championship Surfer (case and disc)
Daytona USA (Import, case and disc)
Fighting Force 2 (case and disc)
Flag To Flag (surface scratch =( )
House of the Dead 2 (case and disc, scratched)
NBA 2K (case and disc)
NFL 2K (case and disc)
Rippin' Riders (case and manual only, no game)
Space Channel 5 (complete)
Street Fighter Alpha III: Double Strike (disc-only, scratched)

Nintendo GameCube
System
2x memory cards

TurboGrafx 16
system
a couple of games

Atari Lynx
system CIB
5x games

Panasonic 3DO
system
Myst
Sherlock Holmes

Thanks to everyone who helped me identify the Neo Geo stuff; I'm going to list them on eBay if I can't get $200 shipped (or relatively close to it; would trade towards a next-gen console) for the lot of them on here. Does anyone have any ideas about some of the other import stuff, though? I know a couple of them are obviously multi-carts.

There are at least 600 games; currently I paid $460 (sold the cube), putting me at $0.77 per game...and that's actually a pretty conservative estimate not taking any of the dozen remaining consoles into account. =D

So, let me know what you guys think!

[quote name='Sailorneorune']I saw the Famicom games in the pictures, but do you have pictures of the Super Famicom games?[/quote]

Oh, that was an error on my part; I listed them as Super Famicom by mistake.

[quote name='wubb']$500 is a lot of money, but you got a ton of stuff in return. Noice.[/quote]

Thanks! I figured there's enough stuff that I'd be able to piece it out and get at least what I spent back on half the lot...I really don't have much use for the NeoGeo stuff, Atari, or 10 of the 14 consoles....plus there's a ton of duplicate NES/SNES stuff in there, too.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you'd be able to do that without much problem. If you have a few gems among those 300 NES games you might be able to do a lot better than that even.

[quote name='wubb']Yeah I'm pretty sure you'd be able to do that without much problem. If you have a few gems among those 300 NES games you might be able to do a lot better than that even.[/quote]

There's got to be literally about 10 each of Ice Hockey and Gyromite...but othe than that, there's at least two fo each Mario, both Zeldas, and actually quite a few games that I don't have in impressive condition.

New to all this, so I'm wondering:

Are you looking to keep some stuff for your collection or are you trying to flip most of it for profit?

Wouldn't working minimum wage for X amount of hours spent sorting / eBaying / selling / packing / and shipping all the stuff you do want to sell be worth more?

Just curious; I buy games to play them, so it seems like a lot of effort to flip all this stuff and try to make money. But perhaps the mindset of a collector is something I don't understand?

[quote name='thelazyone22']New to all this, so I'm wondering:

Are you looking to keep some stuff for your collection or are you trying to flip most of it for profit?

Wouldn't working minimum wage for X amount of hours spent sorting / eBaying / selling / packing / and shipping all the stuff you do want to sell be worth more?

Just curious; I buy games to play them, so it seems like a lot of effort to flip all this stuff and try to make money. But perhaps the mindset of a collector is something I don't understand?[/quote]
Effectively, half and half. I'm keeping a good portion of it for my collection, but the stuff I don't need, and the stuff worth more, is getting flipped online for a profit.

It takes literally a minute or two to list something on Amazon, five to pack it. If it sells for $15; thats $15 for 15 minutes of work, tops.

If I sell the Neo Geo stuff for $150, the two Arcade Minis for $50, the ten consoles for $20 each, and the sealed FF:MQ for $150, all very conservative estimates, thats a $50 profit and I've got the bulk of the collection left over. I can easily get another $100-200 for the huge Atari lot, and another $10-20 here and there on some of the surplus NES games.

I'm expecting to double my money and add a lot of nice things to my collection to boot.

The all-in-one Famicom carts are obviously bootlegs and the Saint Seya and Double Dragon ones appear to be boots too. Everything except for the Adventure Island 3 and the racing game. Don't quote me on that, though.

bread's done
Back