Gaxur's TL: About a decade of spare games FS. (GBA+Demo Disk special!)

gaxur

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I originally wrote this list up for craigslist, and later for a private buyer, both of which had an annoying lack of response. I've been around CAG for awhile for retail price drops, but have only now decided to look into the trading forum. If I make a mistake, please point it out.

As these observations were recorded months ago, games may have become moderately more worn in terms of case scratches, but that should be about it. Almost all of them have been sitting in a box, so the only time they would be moved is when the box is in the way, or I'm looking for something in them. Prices were based on going rates around gamestop, ebay, and craigslist around the time they were written. I don't really intend to change them unless I have an excessive amount of trouble selling them, or see that the price has been laughably beaten somehow (who can't laugh at a $5 new game that gamestop charges $15+ for, for example?). I tried to be excessively honest when I was doing the quality assessments, and I really hope that you pleasantly surprised by the condition of your purchase. I didn't recheck these as I posted them, as I have little interest in driving myself mad for non-recreational purposes, but if I pull them out for you and they're noticably worse than the description I gave, I will assurdedly let you know.

I am online nearly every day, and will do my best to respond promptly, or give warning ahead of time if I will be unable to reply in a day. However, I keep odd hours, so don't be surprised if I respond within moments one day, and take hours a week later. Please contact me on AIM at Feba35 if you have any questions. As I am new around here, I would prefer to deal with smaller trades until I adjust to things, and get some feedback. Large trades aren't totally out of the question, but living in or near the KC Metro or coming there would be a big help; obviously, larger sales get things out of my hands and cash into them quicker, but are more risky.

Things like DDR, EyeToy, etc. that include their hardware haven't been looked at or inspected closely or at all, but they worked the last time I used them to the best of my knowledge. It may be worth buying them solely for the hardware (if this is your desire, I'd be more than happy to ship you the hardware and sell the game to someone or someplace else)

GBA + Demo Disk Special!
Because I particularly want to get them out of my hands, I'm offering my Demo Disk collection ($35) with my GBA collection ($121 total), for $88.88 [Shipping included inside the lower-48!]. On top of those two collections (scroll down for details), I'll throw in an original Game Boy Advance (indigo is the official color name I believe) unit for FREE-- it's kinda dirty, and very old, but as far as I can tell it still functions perfectly.

Demo Disk collection $35:
cimg0141l.jpg

Because most of these are from when I was a kid, and because I never respected them as full games, they are in quite worse condition than most of my games. Most of them should still work, but there are no guarantees. Would be good for someone (particularly with a PS2) who is looking for an idea of what games they might want, or wants to fill in the gaps in a demo disk collection. Shipping IS INCLUDED within the lower 48.

Xbox:

Xbox game disk 31: [Playable: Alias, Sonic Heroes, TOCA race driver 2]
[Video Showcase + NBA Ballers Sneak Peak + Download Center]
WITH ORIGINAL SLEEVE (OPENED)

Xbox game disk 32: [Playable: The Chronicles of Riddick, Psi-Ops: The Mindgate
Conspiracy, Metal Slug 3, Rogue Ops]
[Live-Enabled Demos + Download Center + Video Showcase +
Psi-Ops sneak Peak + Features]

GameCube: "PREVIEW DISK" (original case and inserts, good condition): Sonic Adventure DX, Splinter Cell, Viewtiful Joe,
Billy Hatcher, GBA DOWNLOAD: WarioWare, Dr. Mario

PS2:

One Piece: Grand Battle: SEALED

Official US PlayStation Magazine [59]: DISK ONLY.
Official US PlayStation Magazine [62]: DISK ONLY.
Official US PlayStation Magazine [63]: DISK ONLY.

JAMPACK Winter 2001: 10 Demos and videos (no indication), original case and inserts.
JAMPACK Summer 2002: 9 Demos, original case (PS2 memory holder) and inserts,
bottom of case slightly cracked but otherwise good.
JAMPACK Winter 2002: 6? Demos, original case (PS2 memory holder) and inserts,
good condition.
JAMPACK Summer 2003: 9 Demos, original case and inserts, good condition.
JAMPACK Winter 2003: 10 Demos, original case (PS2 memory holder) and inserts,
good condition.
JAMPACK "Volume 11": 12 Demos, original case and inserts, good condition.

PlayStation:
"Interactive CD Sampler Disc: Vol. 9" : A Bug's Life, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid,
MediEvil, Tomb Raider III, Crash Warped,
NFL GameDay 99, Spyro
PlayStation Underground JAMPACK [Winter 2000]: Spyro, Crash Bash, Cool Boarders,
Disney's 102 Dalmatians,
Madden NFL 2001, Spider-Man
Army Men - Air Attack 2
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX
Sydney 2000
WITH ORIGINAL CASE (HEAVILY WORN)
PlayStation Underground JAMPACK [Fall 2001]: Barbie Explorer, Disney's Atlantis,
Disney's Aladdin,
X-Men: Mutant Academy 2,
NFL GameDay 2002, Spider-Man 2,
Twisted Metal: Small Brawl,
Dragon Warrior VII.
Note: Only six are playable demos. Two are videos.
There is no note as to which are which.
WITH ORIGINAL CASE (HEAVILY WORN, BACK CRACKED,
BOOKLET MISSING.

PlayStation Magazine [Disc 50]: Spider-Man 2, X-Men: Mutant Academy 2, Barbie Explor.
Crash: WARPED, Tekken 3, Spyro, Syphon Filter 2,
Twisted Metal 2
DISK ONLY. SCRATCHED AND WORN.

PlayStation Magazine [Spt. 2001]: Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX.
DISK ONLY. SCRATCHED AND WORN.

PlayStation
$5 Grand Theft Auto 2 -- Good condition. Disk has some smudging. Plastic case is badly cracked, however you can replace it easily.
$5 Shrek Treasure Hunt -- Good condition. Minor wear and tear on case and back of manual. Small smudge on disk.
$5 Star Wars Demolition -- Fair condition. Minor wear and tear on case. Disk has a bad smudge on it. I playtested it, and though music skips occasionally, gameplay shows no problems.
$5 Star Wars Episode 1 Jedi Power Battles Great condition.
$10 Gundam Battle Assault 2 -- Great condition. Minor wear and tear on back of manual.
$10 Crash Bash -- Good condition. Minor wear and tear on plastic case.
$15 Final Fantasy Origins -- Great condition. Barely noticable marks on back of plastic case.
$20 Final Fantasy 8 -- Good condition. Plastic case has small cracks-- one less than the width of my little finger on the front upper right corner, and one about the length of my thumb on the back. I have small hands, though.

PlayStation 2
$15 EyeToy Play 2 -- Like new. Includes EyeToy USB Camera.
$5 NCAA Final Four 2002 -- Good condition. Minor smudge on plastic case from price tag. NO MANUAL INCLUDED.
$10 .hack//INFECTION -- Good condition. Wear and tear on plastic case; including a pair of small rips/tears. Anime DVD included.
$5 Star Wars Starfighter -- Great condition. Minor wear and tear on plastic case, and minor smudging on disk
$5 Suzuki TT Superbikes -- Like new.
$5 DT Racer -- Like new.
$5 Rebel Raiders: Operation Nighthawk -- Like new.
$10 Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space -- Good condition. Minor wear and tear on plastic case, minor scratches on disk. NO MANUAL INCLUDED.
$15 ESPN International Track & Field -- Good condition. Minor wear and tear on plastic case, minor smudges and scratches on disk.
$15 We

Last edited by a moderator:
FF7 removed. Thanks, NoSoup4you!

Also noticed that 8-10ish GBA carts are sitting on a shelf on the other side of the room, those will probably up tonight.

GBA games added. I know I have more carts around here somewhere, but I don't think I'll be making that deal much more broken/sweet, depending on your perspective.

Good morning bump.

Just got back from sending my first couple packages. Shipping came out around double what I was expecting, but still beats gamestop by miles. Kinda pissed, though, the delivery confirmation fees were four times what the site lists, and the machine didn't have a media mail option. Think I'm going to invest in some flat rate mail next time; can you add tracking onto that? Would've preferred it at 20¢, but 80¢ still isn't that bad for a bit of sanity.

I'll be sending out PMs to the buyers as soon as the tracking codes start working for myself.

Bump. I think I got up all of the GBA games I will for awhile, and set their final price $60 (over %50 off purchasing individually.). Might be good to just get and retrade/sale whatever you don't want. I do have a family member that's interested in buying it at the moment, and obviously they're at the top of my list, but if you'd like to be second or third in line, lemme know.

PayPal is one of the best ways I've found to ship. I use my wife's food scale to weigh the package and then print everything out via PayPal and just drop it off at the Post Office on my way to/from work. Delivery Confirmation is $0.19 (required).

You've probably got a good idea on shipping costs now. If you want to get a ballpark figure before going to the PO (if you can't use PayPal for some reason) then PS2/Xbox/GC titles are 5 - 7 ounces, PS1/Dreamcast are 4 - 6 ounces and GBA are about an ounce a piece. It shouldn't cost more than $3.50 to ship a game and get a bubble mailer (buy in bulk!).

Free bump in any case.

yeah, I've looked into that. Not sure I fully trust their form printing stuff yet, but that's probably what I'll use whenever I have access to a printer and get my toes in the water.

Morning bump. I've got Trauma Center: Second Opinion sitting in an envelope waiting to go, but lots of thunder this morning, and the forecast doesn't look much better. It does say scattered storms, though, so hopefully I'll be able to slip out between episodes.

I'm going to try to get my demo disk collection up by lunchtime.

Pre-lunch "I'm really really hungry and cold and its storming and I hear cats moaning and kansas sucks" bump.

Got my demo disks up, and decided to offer a special: Buy my demo disk collection (priced at $35) plus my GBA games collection (priced at $50), and not only will I cut the price to $77.77 (shipping included within the lower-48), but also toss in an old GBA for free! Would be good for a family member you're trying to get into gaming at a relatively low cost.

Also, I've started keeping track of my updates over at twitter: http://twitter.com/febaen . If you'd like to follow me there, instead of reading the thread all the time, I'll try to keep it up to date.

Post-dinner bump. Managed to make it to the post office, although I got soaked at the library.

Also went to goodwill, one of them had no video games, another had nothing I was interested in. Amazingly, though, the one with games had some Genesis sports games still in their boxes, with manuals, and looking like they were in pretty good shape. Also had a pair of the DK Bongos for only a buck. Insane some of their furniture prices; a perfectly good couch for $40. A huge hutch for $90. A coffee table for $25. Holy crap, someone remind me to get all of my stuff there from now on.

I've seen it linked a few times around here, but don't really see much of a point to it; it's basically just a specialized auction site, isn't it? I can see why some people would like that, but that's a lot of hassle for me to register each item individually when I've got at least one of those office-folder-box-things full of games to sell, some disk only.

Blee, PM sent.

Cheapass bump.

Went to another goodwill store (tried another, but they were closing). Got five puzzles for $4 (one for $1, three-in-one for $1, and one for $3), and a few new shirts and shorts for $28. And everything was %50, since they were moving the store. And I'm helping people when I buy there. holy crap this is insane.

After the %50 off, they had desks from $10, huge comfortable chairs for under $20, rolltop desks for under $30, plus racks of old computer joysticks I didn't look into, and eight-tracks. eight track cassettes. dude.

I officially

Thirty-minutes-after-midnight "This counts as a new day, right? Right." bump.

Anyone who plays many games with the classic controller (virtual console fans shout 'hay-oo'), you have got to check out Nyko's classic controller grip. As perfectly as it fits the controllers, it feels like Nintendo designed them to do almost exactly that, but never got around to releasing an accessory themselves. It's still not an independent classic controller, but damn if it isn't close and great. You can pick 'em up at GameStop for $3; they're even in the web site's store locator feature: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=802691 . I don't think I've ever spent a better $3 on a gaming accessory (although I have come close, I believe the adapters I bought to listen to stereo output on headphones was around $5-7, and holy crap if that doesn't make Metal Gear even more incredible.)

Oh, and I got Platinum status on Club Nintendo, so yay. Decided to go with NPC!Pikmin over the Zapper, although I'm still getting the game I planned to buy with the zapper's gamestop trade-in monies (figured it wouldn't sell for much here, and shipping would kill it anyway), and Pikmin is just going into my backlog (well, in spirit. My backlog is in a neat little stack right now, which is nice for used games, and $5 clearance games, and $5 clearance used games. But for a nice new title like Pikmin, it's going on the shelf, and I'm just going to have to remember to play it eventually. Don't want it getting scratched up)

Of course, I'll probably have to buy the Zapper so I have enough club nintendo coins next year. Alas.

First bump of the end of the day.

So things I did yesterday:

* Went to a Harley dealership.
* Considered getting a new pet.
* Ate dinner next to a pair of anamatronic triceratops.

All in all, it was a pretty good day!

Morning bump for those that keep hours like Grandma and Grandpa!

Oh yeah! Work that farm you haven't actually had in decades! Your dog needs to go out anyway!

CML for $10 .hack//INFECTION -- Good condition. Wear and tear on plastic case. Anime DVD included. If nothing interests you, I'll buy it off you

Bump.

If anyone's wondering, I'm just bumping less regularly for awhile, my emails are still getting checked just as often.

bread's done
Back